[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

That would be really helpful, I like this suggestion :)

@starlinvf.1358 said:But where are you going to find enough key binds for them all?

Everytime someone reminds me that they don't use the shiny little pictures onscreen to use their skills and they instead use their keys I feel really ashamed of myself...sometimes I use the keys, sometimes I click the pictures onscreen xD

@Umut.5471 said:Hi,I think an optional feature for this would be very useful when we need to access our tonics, food, utility items and toys quickly without searching for them in inventory.It can have 4 slots or more. And those slots should be keybind-able. Possible usage scenarios would help QoL a lot.For example if you have a detector item in your inventory, and you use it regularly for a quest you can put it to this item slot and you can use it via keyboard.Or if you wanna switch between instruments with keybinding, this will help a lot too. In raids, you can switch between food types easily, or you can just hit a key or key combination to refresh the buff. And many more QoL improvements...

That would be soooo sweet. I'd even buy this by the slot (like shared inventory spaces) if need be. Just make them movable around the screen, and hideable.

Could we get a checkbox on bank tabs? The checkbox would control where things go when we double-click from our inventory. If this were implemented, it probably should reset as we exit the bank.

Alternately (but probably more work), a drop-down list of generic item types. If this were implemented, it should probably stick around between logons or uses. "generic item types" means equipment, crafting materials, etc., just as they exist for packs. But, added to that would be armor boxes, weapon boxes, maybe recipes, etc.

I would like to organize my bank so that my Silverwastes stuff is in one tab, my Crystal Oasis stuff in another, etc. Either of the above might help with organization.

@Fallesafe.5932 said:

@Umut.5471 said:Hi,I think an optional feature for this would be very useful when we need to access our tonics, food, utility items and toys quickly without searching for them in inventory.It can have 4 slots or more. And those slots should be keybind-able. Possible usage scenarios would help QoL a lot.For example if you have a detector item in your inventory, and you use it regularly for a quest you can put it to this item slot and you can use it via keyboard.Or if you wanna switch between instruments with keybinding, this will help a lot too. In raids, you can switch between food types easily, or you can just hit a key or key combination to refresh the buff. And many more QoL improvements...

That would be soooo sweet. I'd even buy this by the slot (like shared inventory spaces) if need be. Just make them movable around the screen, and hideable.

Yeah it should be optionally hideable and movable.

How many slots should it have? Should it be just a 'link' to things in a characters bag (or shared bag)? Or, do you actually put things in it? If you actually put things in it, and it's a character and not account specific, then certain things wouldn't work so well in it?

I like the concept, just trying to mull over the particulars.

@notebene.3190 said:How many slots should it have? Should it be just a 'link' to things in a characters bag (or shared bag)? Or, do you actually put things in it? If you actually put things in it, and it's a character and not account specific, then certain things wouldn't work so well in it?

I like the concept, just trying to mull over the particulars.

What I thought was a system that links the item in your inventory to these slots on UI. That's how it works in some other MMORPGs I've tried.But they have free-use skillbars since they have different mechanics than GW2, skills aren't bound to weapons for example. You can just drag and dropconsumables to skillbars.That's why I'm suggesting a seperate, free to use skill bar reserved for consumable and usable items.I also think they should depend on characters. For example I may not want to use the same items with every character, like condi or power food."How many slots should it have?" Well, I personally think 4 or 5 slots would look cool and symmetrical on top of the utility bar.If they make the icons smaller, it can have even more slots. But if it becomes movable, then we can move it on top of the map or chat UI as well.So it won't matter this way.Another suggestion for Arenanet would be giving 4-5 slots for free and unlocking extras with gems. So they can fund the development cost.

I agree this is really annoying. I was holding the two level 80 boosts I got to play the whole game with my first character. When I got to level 80 and filled up the Mastery bar the game kept flooding me with this message. I had to skip the part where I was in the story (I hadn't finished the level 70 story missions yet because I was going through dungeons and exploring the open world) to complete the first two Heart of Thorns chapters, just to make it stop. It was terrible lore-wise, because 1) I was forced through many spoilers and 2) it completly broke the story-line I was in until that point. What the hell was that for? I don't get it. Why can't you let the player follow his own pace once level 80 is reached?

Only occurs if your Pact Commander mastery isn't completed.Only occurs on level 80 characters.

When HoT launched I had enough Central Tyria mastery points and completed Pact Commander first. Afterwards this pop-up had gone away, even before I had fractal and legendary mastery tracks fully completed. I don't get the pop up anywhere in the HoT maps, even though I haven't obtained enough mastery points to finish them, and I never had the pop-up after PoF had launched.

My uncle doesn't have Pact Commander mastery completed yet and has been complaining for a while about this pop-up. He says it happens only on level 80 characters, as soon as he eventually levels them up (he doesn't use boosters or anything and levels up characters the old fashioned way: personal story and just general killing stuff). After he got enough mastery points to unlock another tier in Pact Commander, the pop-up went away until the XP bar was full again and he didn't have enough points to unlock the next tier.

So I've concluded it has to do with not having the Pact Commander mastery track fully completed, and it only happens when you play level 80 characters.

• 3 weeks later...

As a new player, I've spent my first week here falling in love with the richness and complexity of the world the GW 2 developers have created. Given how well done the game is generally, these mastery popups are especially jarring and obnoxious. Most of this past week I've been playing with different races and classes to get a feel for the game and to see which initial direction I wanted to go into more deeply. So it was only this morning, exactly a week after I started the game, that I boosted a character and settled down to work through the story lines. Now those mastery popups are jumping out every few minutes. To stop them, it seems I have to stop following the story sequentially and jump ahead to the middle of a chapter I haven't even gotten to yet. That is just a ridiculous, unnecessary bug. What I am also very much noticing, as a new player, is that the op in this topic is dated October 7, more than two months from the day I am posting this one. Two months without any apparent official response to a bug report? I hope that is an anomaly and not SOP around here.

If you've done your Personal Story, you gain one Central Tyria mastery point for each chapter you've completed once you've acquired an expansion. These were probably the ones that forced your screen to nag you like heck.

I'm not going to defend the over-nagging though: I agree that the game needs to be a lot more kind with how/when to nag you.

• 2 weeks later...

1- Two hot bar openings for each type of consumables or,2- 2 slots in inventory for consumables only that will auto use when the consumable is in those slots or,3- An option in options window to "active" consumables in ones inventory (my least favorite idea) for this would mean that a player could only have one of * each type of consumable in their inventory at one time or likely the game would pick and that might be disastrous.

Please add something to the game! I buy / create these consumables and forget that I have them because they are in my inventory.