One Big Problem With Rangers and Pets - Anet Fix This Bug

Johnny.1634

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:I'll ping directly today. Sorry for the delay!

Thank-you. But what does this mean exactly?? :s

I'm also very confused on if this is the first your hearing of this. Your the Communications Manager so I'd think you'd probably have the best answer here, and I don't mean any disrespect but how is this taking so long, and whats been going on??

The issue itself has been here since launch, and just speaking on my part alone, I've been addressing this issue to you for 4 years with:
  • At least 50 in-game bug reports over the years, being very descriptive.
  • Speaking to several Anet employees currently playing in the game, saying they were unaware and they would bring it up immediately.
  • Reporting the issue on the old forums in the bug-report section, once again explaining the issue in great detail
  • Raising awareness by speaking about it all over the game in map chat and fellow ranger party members.
  • Creating threads in the old "Ranger" forums just like this one
  • Reported the issue using this sites support center, where I made the issue very clear, and my ticket was closed without a single word
  • Reporting the issue using this sites support center again, using my other account, where it was closed again and told rudely not to open reports on multiple accounts.
  • Reporting the issue using this sites support center AGAIN, where I was even asked to show videos of the evidence. Which I then did and posted.
  • Communicated with several support personnel, telling me to report it in-game, which I already had been doing for 4 years....Was later told this bug may be intended....Was later told they have made the team aware of the issue.
  • The day the new forums came online, this tread, as well as my thread in the "Bugs" section has been posted and I've been doing my best to spread awareness and keep the posts active.

Now I'm clearly not the only one here reporting this issue, alot of people here I'm sure have been spamming you. But based on me alone, how on earth is it taking you guys so long, not only to actually fix the issue, but for your team to actually be aware of it?? I mean, I'm basically screaming this is your faces where ever you look, haha.

Honestly I've just been so disappointed in you guys its not even funny. The support I've gotten has been appalling as I'm sure most people here can agree. But regardless I still love playing the game, but this issue has really been frustrating me as a Ranger-Main for ages. So I'd really like to see this fixed, as well as get an answer to my above questions.

What that meant was that although I've been aware of this for years, too -- I'm a Ranger main, after all :) -- I still didn't have traction on a detailed answer, although I knew it was a known issue and I'd spoken with devs about it before. If you check forum archives -- we don't have an archive of the old forums, but others have been kind enough to host them on third-party sites -- you can confirm that this is not my first post on this subject. (I imagine other knowledgeable forum members will vouch for me here. :) )

Certainly, you are not the only person reporting this, but what I learned today has a bit more detail: Fixing this will be a complicated correction to make, because quickness can cause animation problems (presumably for some species, which is why this is not a unilateral/every creature problem). Each pet will need to be examined individually for these problems, and at the present time, this is not something that the designers are able to do. Again, this
is
a known issue -- I have that from several different people -- and this
is
a concern. Reading the details on this, quite honestly I personally do not foresee this being corrected in the very near future, as much as I know the team would like to be able to do so. However, that's my estimation, not a dev answer, and I will see if I can learn more and update when I have additional info.

Improving Pet animations, CD, skills and general usability would be beneficial for the whole class. IMO all rangers would like to see an update to their classmechanic instead of tweaking traits and skills atm because its the issue that is the longest due and is the most outdated.Thank you gaile for answering and please remind the balance and bug team to look into the soulbeast bug report.PS: This improved communication is great, we know we dont get all we want but atleast we got some approval that things get noticed.

Thank you for the reply Gaile, even if it wasn't the answer we all were hoping for. It wouldn't be so bad if it was 1 or 2 pets that weren't working, but when the number goes up to 40 it is outrageous to say the least that nobody bothered fixing them (New pets are being added with each expansion so the number will keep growing!), especially when we have so many traits and skills that basically do nothing for majority of our pets.

I think nobody bothered compiling a new core Ranger or Druid bug list when the old forums died, but here is a rather massive list of Soulbeast bugs anyway, in case you want to poke people about it -> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/5067/soulbeast-list-of-bugged-non-functional-abilities-and-traits/

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

I'm also very confused on if this is the first your hearing of this. Your the Communications Manager so I'd think you'd probably have the best answer here, and I don't mean any disrespect but how is this taking so long, and whats been going on??

The issue itself has been here since launch, and just speaking on my part alone, I've been addressing this issue to you for 4 years with:
  • Speaking to several Anet employees currently playing in the game, saying they were unaware and they would bring it up immediately.
  • Reporting the issue on the old forums in the bug-report section, once again explaining the issue in great detail
  • Raising awareness by speaking about it all over the game in map chat and fellow ranger party members.
  • Reported the issue using this sites support center, where I made the issue very clear, and my ticket was closed without a single word
  • Reporting the issue using this sites support center again, using my other account, where it was closed again and told rudely not to open reports on multiple accounts.
  • Reporting the issue using this sites support center AGAIN, where I was even asked to show videos of the evidence. Which I then did and posted.
  • Communicated with several support personnel, telling me to report it in-game, which I already had been doing for 4 years....Was later told this bug may be intended....Was later told they have made the team aware of the issue.
  • The day the new forums came online, this tread, as well as my thread in the "Bugs" section has been posted and I've been doing my best to spread awareness and keep the posts active.

Now I'm clearly not the only one here reporting this issue, alot of people here I'm sure have been spamming you. But based on me alone, how on earth is it taking you guys so long, not only to actually fix the issue, but for your team to actually be aware of it?? I mean, I'm basically screaming this is your faces where ever you look, haha.

Honestly I've just been so disappointed in you guys its not even funny. The support I've gotten has been appalling as I'm sure most people here can agree. But regardless I still love playing the game, but this issue has really been frustrating me as a Ranger-Main for ages. So I'd really like to see this fixed, as well as get an answer to my above questions.

What that meant was that although I've been aware of this for years, too -- I'm a Ranger main, after all :) -- I still didn't have traction on a detailed answer, although I knew it was a known issue and I'd spoken with devs about it before. If you check forum archives -- we don't have an archive of the old forums, but others have been kind enough to host them on third-party sites -- you can confirm that this is not my first post on this subject. (I imagine other knowledgeable forum members will vouch for me here. :) )

Certainly, you are not the only person reporting this, but what I learned today has a bit more detail: Fixing this will be a complicated correction to make, because quickness can cause animation problems (presumably for some species, which is why this is not a unilateral/every creature problem). Each pet will need to be examined individually for these problems, and at the present time, this is not something that the designers are able to do. Again, this
is
is
a concern. Reading the details on this, quite honestly I personally do not foresee this being corrected in the very near future, as much as I know the team would like to be able to do so. However, that's my estimation, not a dev answer, and I will see if I can learn more and update when I have additional info.

I truly appreciate the communication, and I'm not attacking you, Gaile, so don't take the following as a personal attack. These are just my general feelings on the issues....

Not addressing issues in a timely manner is completely unfair to customers who are trying to enjoy a particular class in the game, nor is it professional for a AAA game company to not resolve major issues and problems ASAP... I understand business well enough to know that if the higher-ups placed more priority on the most important aspects of the game, which happen to be professions and combat, that you'd have a lot of happy customers... and have some of the best class and combat designs in the mmo industry to date. There are so may design issues... and much needed revamps and improvements... it's a shame that there has not been a "green light" to strengthen the professions and balance teams. Profession and combat are also THE backbone to wvw and spvp gameplay, and we have all seen the rocky road these modes have faced... and most of those issues are a direct result of not making professions and combat development a top priority. It's also sad to see the lack of true build diversity and quality playable roles outside of "pick your poison" damage roles... And coming from City of Heroes, where all "classes" had offensive capabilities, I can honesty say that anet is doing a great disservice to players in the quality playable role department...

For Rangers specifically... Not only do pets struggle to hit moving targets, and account for way too much of our factored damage output, it seems as if major issues like these are not planned on being addressed. We have heard before that issues will be fixed, but nothing substantial is ever delivered. Often times there seems to be out-of-touch changes made to this class, and it generally takes the team ages to address minor things... With regard to pets, we have had issues with the pet designs since before launch (and I'll find my quote on it here), and it's not right to leave any profession like this.

Again, please don't take offense to my comments, but that is what I'm feeling. Hope it came out in a constructive manner. TY

Edit- And for more clarity with pet issues... and to bring up statements by a dev in 2011...

@"Swagger.1459" said:Pets have issues hitting moving targets and they die easily under pressure… This screws over our builds pretty badly, especially in wvw. When does this become a priority to fix? Also, there are a bunch of pets that are not gaining the benefit from quickness...

If Thief Steal mechanics were intertwined in every build, missed moving targets and had issues since before launch… I’m sure it would be fixed by now… Sooo, not trying to be rude, but it’s not professional to leave a class, and main class mechanic, in this state. You are failing to provide your customers a fully working, enjoyable and competitive class… and have for a long time now.

It’s been 6 years and 4 months and these issues are not yet resolved. This is a major class issue that causes larger gameplay implications… You designed our class to have subpar damage, that was supposed to be balanced upward by pets, yet we get screwed in both the damage and core mechanic departments. Soulbeast doesn’t resolve anything either… it’s still poor damage and brings nothing special, to any team or mode, compared to other professions. This is not good. It really lets the players down.

Edit- And obviously a bunch of devs are into gaming, and have experience with other games… so wouldn’t they want their characters to function in a proper, balanced, fun and competitive way?

From 6/10/2011

http://tap-repeatedly.com/2011/06/exclusive-interview-arenanets-jon-peters-and-jonathan-sharp/

“Ginko (GW2G): The ranger is supposed to be the pet profession, and bringing a pet is always supposed to improve the performance of the ranger. In all of the demos so far, most rangers didn’t bother to have their pet with them during combat; they either died quickly or didn’t seem to do much when they were around. Considering the ranger class was intended to be the class that specifically focuses on playing with a pet, what does the design team want ranger/pet gameplay to be like at launch? What kinds of gameplay is ArenaNet trying to foster for the ranger so that the pet and ranger work together instead of the pet simply being similar to a random melee ally?

Jon P: I think the ranger pets are terrible right now, no one would argue with that! If you wanted to talk about least played profession, the ranger would probably be it. We’ve been making A.I changes which are slowly propagating to the pets right now, while we’ve also been looking into more radical things with the pets.

Right now the pets feel like this thing you have, rather than a part of your character. Like those other professions that have undergone some radical changes, I’m hoping by the next time we show the game, or certainly before we ship, the ranger pet will have that synergy. That’s one of the biggest failings we have right now. For those that are concerned, we are also concerned but we aren’t concerned that we won’t fix it, just not right now. We are going to make it feel synergistic, but it just takes time."

Edit- Mike Silbowitz asked for feedback on a PoF promo video...

“This would go live this month, targeting views by people who have never played our game, or those who may have stepped away from GW2.”

My partial response...

“Probably the most effective marketing for old players is seeing old issues being addressed, and a game that has evolved in a positive direction, in the xpac you want them to buy.”

...Had I not already invested a lot of time and money into GW2, I never would have bought PoF because of old issues and problems never being addressed... and professions and combat designs not evolving in a positive direction.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

is
is

So I'm assuming what has happened is that because pets are a directly inherited object from their open world counterparts, the reason why quickness interacts with some and not others is because their open world counterparts also do and do not interact with quickness, on a case by case basis.

Unless Quickness requires a separate animation cycle and isn't just a casting time multiplier, why aren't the devs able to change the algorithm to interact with the ranger pet subgroup of objects? And if there is no subgroup with special modifiers and such, then how come the super class for all open world creature objects can't just be altered to allow interaction with quickness, since the list of creatures this would actually affect would, in all probability, be smaller than the amount of open world encounters that would change.

Anyhow, I completely understand that there is a priority log of product changes/enhancements and that those probably can't even be addressed until people's time frees up from their current projects, but [insert metaphor about building house on a weak/broken foundation here].

It isn't just rangers, or the profession subforums, that would say the following, and you could poll us (the community) if you truly need the confirmation: we would like to see future projects put on hold so that the current and core game and content could receive some long overdue polishing and updating, on both the front and back end.

I know it isn't something you can just decide to do, but at the same time, take a look at games and development like Warframes to understand what doing so could do for the game and the community, and subsequently, take a look at what "more of the same" development does at games like Destiny 2.

I'm sure that there are some long overdue changes that the developers are dying to make too, especially if we are to believe word to mouth their level of investment and passion (I know I believe it). So taking the "fix the old before creating new" approach would be mutually beneficial in every regard :)

@"jcbroe.4329" said:So taking the "fix the old before creating new" approach would be mutually beneficial in every regard :)

This is something I've wanted to happen for a long, long time, but if I would guess Anet don't see this as something worthwile in the sense it wouldn't bring them as much money compared to adding new shiny things both to the game and to the store, and it's a shame really.

For rangers, the number one issue throughout the history of this game has always been about our pets, and it's the one issue that seemingly have gotten the least attention. Even the new PoF pets have their fair share of bugs, and in the rather typical way Anet handles issues with this class, they went ahead and nerfed the Rock Gazelle, but left the bug with Fanged Ibogas "Consuming Bite" in. The first one was bugged to our benefit, so they "fixed" it (lol right!), the other bug is to our disadvantage, so of course they leave that one in.

It's things like these that makes you loose hope in the game.

While improved communication is nice, I cant decide whats worse, the years of silence or the blatant confession of ignoring a major bug this whole time....

And before a dev response saying its hasn't been brushed off, what actions or even progress has been made in the whole 5 years+ that you've known about it?

@Johnny.1634 said:While improved communication is nice, I cant decide whats worse, the years of silence or the blatant confession of ignoring a major bug this whole time....

And before a dev response saying its hasn't been brushed off, what actions or even progress has been made in the whole 5 years+ that you've known about it?

And by ignoring such a fundamental, and what we thought we had, it impacts our game play in any mode where quickness is notalso part of us (no matter the toon, not just Rangers) and gives us a disadvantage others do not and have no had.

And I agree wholeheartedly with your statement.

@atheria.2837 said:

@Johnny.1634 said:While improved communication is nice, I cant decide whats worse, the years of silence or the blatant confession of ignoring a major bug this whole time....

And by ignoring such a fundamental, and what we thought we had, it impacts our game play in any mode where quickness is notalso part of us (no matter the toon, not just Rangers) and gives us a disadvantage others do not and have no had.

And I agree wholeheartedly with your statement.

Well the bug was only really an issue after quickness became a boon. Before that we couldnt share it with our pet. So its not a five year issue really its a two year issue. Still to long to get fixed. Hope they take action now.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Well the bug was only really an issue after quickness became a boon. Before that we couldnt share it with our pet. So its not a five year issue really its a two year issue.It's not a two year issue, it's an issue since release. Even though quickness didn't become a boon until 2015, we've had the means to give quickness to our pets since release (lol yeah right!) through skills and traits like Quickening Zephyr and Instinctual Bond.

@OGDeadHead.8326 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Well the bug was only really an issue after quickness became a boon. Before that we couldnt share it with our pet. So its not a five year issue really its a two year issue.It's not a two year issue, it's an issue since release. Even though quickness didn't become a boon until 2015, we've had the means to give quickness to our pets since release (lol yeah right!) through skills and traits like Quickening Zephyr and Instinctual Bond.

Yeah this can be, i dont remember that greatly. But we can atleast say that it wasnt that huge of an issue even if it should be fixed since then.It got worse after the specialization update in this case which makes the whole affair even more desprate.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

Yeah this can be, i dont remember that greatly. But we can atleast say that it wasnt that huge of an issue even if it should be fixed since then.It got worse after the specialization update in this case which makes the whole affair even more desprate.

Not at all, it was actually alot worse before. We only had 6/7 pets that were affected by Quickening Zephyr at the start in 2012, all of which were very poor choices because they were condi pets (spider/devo) and at that point they had a base of 0 condi damage. We were also faced with several other bugs like the "Sic'Em" bug that actually didn't do anything it was intended to do for about 2 years. Hardly anyone was using pets that could be affected by increased attack speed. The means of gaining the buff were alot less pronounced in solo play/ PvP, but it was still there with Quickening Zephyr, Zephyr's Speed and Time Warp with fellow mesmers in dungeons, etc.Also, be aware that quickness was actually 100% increase attack speed at the time instead of the 50% now, meaning it was a HELL of alot stronger then.It wasn't till June 2015 that quickness became a boon and we saw it available much more. We still only had the 7 pets to command, that could actually benefit from it but they were still one of the weakest options available even with the boon.HoT came out afew months after and we finally got decent pets that benefited from quickness, and that's all the majority of players use even to this day.Also to this day Anet continues to release pets like Sand lion that they are FULLY aware are bugged, but lazily release the bugged content, which is no surprise to anyone really nowadays...Its always been a big issue and it still is, they gave us skills that don't work, traits that do nothing, severally limited the capabilities of all rangers, and destroyed any options we have at customizing our pet usage.

The rangers pet is more then a mechanic. When our rangers damage and capabilities (mobility/CC/tanking/etc) are reduced and placed into our pet as to equal that of other professions, and then our pets are badly designed with multiple bugs its a huge issue and always will be!

@Johnny.1634 said:

Not at all, it was actually alot worse before. We only had 6/7 pets that were affected by Quickening Zephyr at the start in 2012, all of which were very poor choices because they were condi pets (spider/devo) and at that point they had a base of 0 condi damage. We were also faced with several other bugs like the "Sic'Em" bug that actually didn't do anything it was intended to do for about 2 years. Hardly anyone was using pets that could be affected by increased attack speed. The means of gaining the buff were alot less pronounced in solo play/ PvP, but it was still there with Quickening Zephyr, Zephyr's Speed and Time Warp with fellow mesmers in dungeons, etc.Also, be aware that quickness was actually 100% increase attack speed at the time instead of the 50% now, meaning it was a HELL of alot stronger then.It wasn't till June 2015 that quickness became a boon and we saw it available much more. We still only had the 7 pets to command, that could actually benefit from it but they were still one of the weakest options available even with the boon.HoT came out afew months after and we finally got decent pets that benefited from quickness, and that's all the majority of players use even to this day.Also to this day Anet continues to release pets like Sand lion that they are FULLY aware are bugged, but lazily release the bugged content, which is no surprise to anyone really nowadays...Its always been a big issue and it still is, they gave us skills that don't work, traits that do nothing, severally limited the capabilities of all rangers, and destroyed any options we have at customizing our pet usage.

The rangers pet is more then a mechanic. When our rangers damage and capabilities (mobility/CC/tanking/etc) are reduced and placed into our pet as to equal that of other professions, and then our pets are badly designed with multiple bugs its a huge issue and always will be!

Well havent thought about it in this way. I didnt noticed it because i used these pets because of taste and i was pretty noobish at that time too.As i mentioned above i am totally on your side with the pet overhaul/improvement.We need lower CD, better numbers, more reliable hits, better animations and thus fixing this issue of this topic etc etc.Its the only class mechanic in the game that is basically flawed since launch and hasnt been fixed, even with some improvements over the years its still in an infantile state.

@"InsaneQR.7412" said:We need lower CD, better numbers, more reliable hits, better animations and thus fixing this issue of this topic etc etc.Its the only class mechanic in the game that is basically flawed since launch and hasnt been fixed, even with some improvements over the years its still in an infantile state.

Well, according to this thread...

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/18853/druid-ranger-pets-ai-and-you#latest

...pets are incredibly OP. There are some totally clueless people over there commenting and spreading their bullshit like usual (worst thing about it, Anet have a tendency to listen to ranger nerf requests).

@OGDeadHead.8326 said:

@"InsaneQR.7412" said:We need lower CD, better numbers, more reliable hits, better animations and thus fixing this issue of this topic etc etc.Its the only class mechanic in the game that is basically flawed since launch and hasnt been fixed, even with some improvements over the years its still in an infantile state.

...pets are incredibly OP. There are some totally clueless people over there commenting and spreading their kitten like usual (worst thing about it, Anet have a tendency to listen to ranger nerf requests).

This actually makes sense now, they keep on saying class balance discussion should happen in class sub forums and apparently ranger balance happens in all the other sub forums but ours.. That's why we get hit by nerfs so often and bugs never get fixed (Unless it's something that warrants a nerf)!

@Johnny.1634 said:

is
is

I don't see it being corrected in the very near future either if this issue has been known to the team for years.Had the slightest glimmer of hope, after all these years we finally got a response. I should have known better after all this disappointment.After making it very clear that the team has just been shrugging off a bug like this to the core mechanic of a whole profession, I understand how little you really care now.You've lost my support.

It's all too obvious after almost 3k views that we didn't matter as Rangers, not even enough for a known bug that does impact our game play, to be fixed.

I know that most of us have had to 'adjust' what should have been plainly said to us.

We'd not have had some of the builds we did if we had known we were at a disadvantage. like losing precision, changes builds and whether one winsor not in any 1v1 or even in group play, all impacted by the choices we do or do not make.

I am disappointed too. And hurt. Very hurt for the five plus years I have poured into what could have been a better characterand certainly more respected if the skills were as stated. (i.e. pet health/pathing/skills, skill lag, map/team chat lag, events not working, eventsthat drop one out of the map... et. al.).

I have rarely seen such a loyal gamer base but even loyalty can be bent or broken if a real issue is never given any attention.

@FrouFrou.4958 said:

...pets are incredibly OP. There are some totally clueless people over there commenting and spreading their kitten like usual (worst thing about it, Anet have a tendency to listen to ranger nerf requests).

This actually makes sense now, they keep on saying class balance discussion should happen in class sub forums and apparently ranger balance happens in all the other sub forums but ours.. That's why we get hit by nerfs so often and bugs never get fixed (Unless it's something that warrants a nerf)!

I know I shouldn't of, but I just stepped into that discussion and tried to be a voice of reason. Probably not worth my time, but what else am I supposed to do at work lol.

Whether I agree with the choices ANet as a company makes as far as "Keep bringing out the new instead of fixing the old" goes, I think it is important for people to remember something very important here before they go around trashing the design/programming/communication team. They don't get to do everything they want. They have bosses that they answer to. It is very likely that there are more than a few members of the dev teams who would love to focus on fixing the old and polishing what exists before moving on to the next big thing. They don't actually get to make that decision. The person above them, or the person above the person above them... that's who gets to say "No, you're working on this right now."

I'd love to see this get the attention it deserves, I'm not happy about the fact that it's not a priority, but I also have a hard time being upset at Gaile or the Dev team for that. I love the devs that join us on the forums and discuss with us and tell us they'll do the best they can. I really believe that they will and that they want to, and I think some of them are super passionate about doing everything they are able to make the community and the game the best it can be. But sometimes... they just can't. At the end of the day, be upset with the people they answer to... the investors, the publisher, the top of the chain that says "Only do the things that net the best immediate profits." So many times when a new lauded, if small, QoL improvement comes down the line it's also marked by a "And such-and-such programmer did this in their own free time, so many thanks." And I just think we should pay a bit more attention to that.

@"Sojourner.4621" said:Whether I agree with the choices ANet as a company makes as far as "Keep bringing out the new instead of fixing the old" goes, I think it is important for people to remember something very important here before they go around trashing the design/programming/communication team. They don't get to do everything they want. They have bosses that they answer to. It is very likely that there are more than a few members of the dev teams who would love to focus on fixing the old and polishing what exists before moving on to the next big thing. They don't actually get to make that decision. The person above them, or the person above the person above them... that's who gets to say "No, you're working on this right now."

I'd love to see this get the attention it deserves, I'm not happy about the fact that it's not a priority, but I also have a hard time being upset at Gaile or the Dev team for that. I love the devs that join us on the forums and discuss with us and tell us they'll do the best they can. I really believe that they will and that they want to, and I think some of them are super passionate about doing everything they are able to make the community and the game the best it can be. But sometimes... they just can't. At the end of the day, be upset with the people they answer to... the investors, the publisher, the top of the chain that says "Only do the things that net the best immediate profits." So many times when a new lauded, if small, QoL improvement comes down the line it's also marked by a "And such-and-such programmer did this in their own free time, so many thanks." And I just think we should pay a bit more attention to that.

I understand where your getting at, but I couldn't disagree more.While, yes the top of the chain is definitely at fault here, it doesn't take much to see that in the games state. Look at the horrendous marketing we have now, the terrible expansion release, the directionless team.It was the devs who originally designed this flawed system, and continue to create pets with each expansion with the same flaw that they're already aware of. You can't say its not their fault when its pretty clear they lazily let them side every few years. They designed Iboga which doesn't have the issue and then they designed Sand Lion that they knowingly put the flawed code into...And its support and communication like Gaile that has just stood idly by for years and years without saying a single word about it till now. How many years will it take her and fellow support/comm to express to the team "Hey we have some pretty major issues that need attention, maybe instead of designing home instance cats, and toys to play with them, it would be a good idea to allocate some more staff to fix these issues before we lose more players."Instead she came on here and spat a bunch of lies, so no I have no respect for her.

@Johnny.1634 said:

@"Sojourner.4621" said:Whether I agree with the choices ANet as a company makes as far as "Keep bringing out the new instead of fixing the old" goes, I think it is important for people to remember something very important here before they go around trashing the design/programming/communication team. They don't get to do everything they want. They have bosses that they answer to. It is very likely that there are more than a few members of the dev teams who would love to focus on fixing the old and polishing what exists before moving on to the next big thing. They don't actually get to make that decision. The person above them, or the person above the person above them... that's who gets to say "No, you're working on this right now."

I understand where your getting at, but I couldn't disagree more.While, yes the top of the chain is definitely at fault here, it doesn't take much to see that in the games state. Look at the horrendous marketing we have now, the terrible expansion release, the directionless team.It was the devs who originally designed this flawed system, and continue to create pets with each expansion with the same flaw that they're already aware of. You can't say its not their fault when its pretty clear they lazily let them side every few years. They designed Iboga which doesn't have the issue and then they designed Sand Lion that they knowingly put the flawed code into...And its support and communication like Gaile that has just stood idly by for years and years without saying a single word about it till now. How many years will it take her and fellow support/comm to express to the team "Hey we have some pretty major issues that need attention, maybe instead of designing home instance cats, and toys to play with them, it would be a good idea to allocate some more staff to fix these issues before we lose more players."Instead she came on here and spat a bunch of lies, so no I have no respect for her.

The dev team has stated multiple times that there have been, in the past, fairly stringent rules about what they are and are not allowed to address and speak on in the forums. I looked. Gaile HAS in fact said things about it before, on the old forums, which you can view archived just as she said. "She came here and spat a bunch of lies" is blatantly false, so you're the one here spitting lies, and slander. This is not the first time it has been mentioned by the devs in five years, it's just the first time an answer has been given about whether it is likely to actually be worked on and fixed. Sorry you don't like the answer, hope the door doesn't hit you on the way out if you feel that strongly about it.

@Sojourner.4621 said:

@Sojourner.4621 said:Whether I agree with the choices ANet as a company makes as far as "Keep bringing out the new instead of fixing the old" goes, I think it is important for people to remember something very important here before they go around trashing the design/programming/communication team. They don't get to do everything they want. They have bosses that they answer to. It is very likely that there are more than a few members of the dev teams who would love to focus on fixing the old and polishing what exists before moving on to the next big thing. They don't actually get to make that decision. The person above them, or the person above the person above them... that's who gets to say "No, you're working on this right now."

The dev team has stated multiple times that there have been, in the past, fairly stringent rules about what they are and are not allowed to address and speak on in the forums. I looked. Gaile HAS in fact said things about it before, on the old forums, which you can view archived just as she said. "She came here and spat a bunch of lies" is blatantly false, so you're the one here spitting lies, and slander. This is not the first time it has been mentioned by the devs in five years, it's just the first time an answer has been given about whether it is likely to actually be worked on and fixed. Sorry you don't like the answer, hope the door doesn't hit you on the way out if you feel that strongly about it.

I'm going to need a link to what exactly she said - https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/And I sure hope its something better then her post this year where I brought it up and she ignored it and simply said she merged a bunch of posts.She said it was not her first post on the subject, but from what i can tell it is. She said the team knew about it for years, and its a concern, yet here we are 5 years later and after "conversations with devs in the past" shes only now learning whats causing the issue? What exactly was said in the first conversation???-"Quickness is bugged on pets....Ohhh well!" ?And its clearly of no concern if its been there for years and they've still released the same bugged content only afew months ago.

I've been using the quickness on pet swap trait since release and it sucks to have this bug. I mostly play WvW. I actually use double canine pets too so they are both bugged with this. I can't even imagine how well I would do if this started working as designed hah.

@Joey.3928 said:I've been using the quickness on pet swap trait since release and it sucks to have this bug. I mostly play WvW. I actually use double canine pets too so they are both bugged with this. I can't even imagine how well I would do if this started working as designed hah.

Yeah I feel your pain. Would love to roll canines but its just not worth it compare to Wyvern and Smoke at the moment thanks to this bug :/

• 7 months later...