[PvE] Messing around with Superior Sigil of Severance

Lunateric.3708

After the latest balance patch (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2017-12-12#General), on-interrupt sigils and traits got reworked a bit. I am particularly interested in severance for high-end PvE builds and was wondering if anyone has messed with it yet. Sigil does the following:

• Upon interrupting an enemy, gain up to 250 precision and ferocity for 4 seconds, depending on level. (Cooldown: 1 second), it has a 3 second CD instead if you "interrupt" an enemy with a breakbar. It has no cap so if you hit 3 enemies with it and interrupt all 3, it procs 3 times.

It would most likely replace the air sigil but considering power Holo has access to a decent amount of hard CC, it may be worthwhile. Has anyone tried it yet?

• 4 years later...

It's terrible for pve maybe, however in wvw it's a target rich environment and if your build has enough interrupt aoe on tap you can keep this up plenty during a big team fight. I have been playing with this on my vindicator lately using mallyx/shiro and it's up enough to be very very nice.

I've been using this in the open world on sword/Pistol Thief due to the spammable stun.  Unlike sigil of celerity, simply hitting with a disable isn't enough to proc it.  The mob has to be 'casting' something which is kind of hard to discern and means the sigil usually won't have anywhere near 100% uptime on single target.  I have no idea how much uptime I have on it, but it still seems pretty good.  When it is up it's value is 17% crit damage and 12% crit.

• Like 1