[Poll] Weapon for the next Revenant Elite Specialization

Sodeni.6041

@otto.5684 said:It is very unlikely that the next weapon will be a melee weapon. The most probably is mid ranged power weapon

Seeing as how Revenant already has a couple of examples of "going against the norm" with weapons, they may as well use GS as a mid ranged power weapon, or scepter as a power melee for all I can say.

Examples:-Staves are generally conceived as ranged magic weapon (Ele, Guard, Mesmer, Druid, Necro vs only Daredevil using it as a melee weapon aside from Rev)-Axes are mostly depicted as a power weapon (Necro, Ranger, Warrior vs Firebrand and Mirage being added recently to use axe as a condition weapon alongside Rev)-Maces have been a slow, but strong and sturdy semi-defensive power weapon (Guard, Warrior vs Rev using Maces as fast-hitting condition stacker)-Hammers have been melee for all classes that use them (Guard, Warrior, Scrapper vs Rev)

*EDIT: I also forgot to mention that Mesmers use GS as a long-range weapon.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ghotistyx.6942 said:I can't really think of anything that should come before GS. I like subverting expectations, so a greatsword that works like Ventari's Tablet would be excellent. Skill 1 commands the GS to a spot where it attacks on its own. Skills 2-5 augment the auto attack in some way.

An interesting idea. Though NOT location. I think it would be MUCH better having it as a Target. Have it so that when we're not attacking we dont hold it but like floats near us. The auto attack could use the kinda animation from say the Mesmer staff auto attack (hand pointing forwards) as if to command the sword to go and attack. What the attacks could actually be i dont know. We already have a VERY overpowered Power weapon, so i dont think it would be good to have it as power, they attempted a hyrbid (BADLY!) so manged a Ranged GS Condi based weapon? Concentrating on Burning and burst damage?

@Sorem.9157 said:I'm really upset that this expansion's legend wasn't balthie :( It was right there asking for it. Legendary Warrior ftw.

Wouldn't have worked lore wise. Revs channel legends in the mists. Balth was not in the mists during the story. To top it off (someone correct me if I'm wrong) gods do not go to the mists when they die, they completely cease to exist, therefore we wouldn't have been able to channel him.

I would also argue that we would not be able to actually channel him anyways even disregarding what i said. Hes a god so he's so powerful that i ding w would have been able to actually control him/ his power.

I voted scepter, for a potential ritualist elite specialization, featuring Master Togo, but greatsword would come second, featuring Asgeir Dragonrender.

Still, I think it's time for new weapon types, of which revenant should get one. Greataxe could be cool for another elite specialization, and scythe could be added to the core profession, together with main-hand axe and off-hand mace, since we're so short on skills anyway.

@Kamikazi.5380 said:Let's hope Anet focuses on gameplay instead of shoehorning a female legend for the sake of having more females.

Balthazar legend and we hold the GS like he did would be sick.

If they are so obsessed with female representation, remove Mallyx and bring Varesh Ossa back! Far better character than the demon gorilla.

@"Cobalt.7102" said:Greatsword with Jora as the legend. Maybe the ability to transform or a lot of chill for utilities. If folks want a villain Svanir is always an option.

I do think Jora is a very likely candidate for the next Espec, and I'm sure she WOULD have used a greatsword in GW1, if they'd been a thing then. I do feel we're due a villain again though, to balance things; we've got an even mix for core rev, but both current elites are heroes so Svanir would be an amazing choice. Svanir would also be a really interesting one actually; I could see it being a power spec (badly needed now), but with a lot of chill that could synergise with Abyssal Chill. You could also argue for either GS for him (we see Svanir once in a cinematic in GW1, so they wouldn't be contradicting anything by giving him a weapon that was unavailable then) or double daggers since, you know, he was stuck in bear form. With claws.

I think the core legends were planned slightly poorly; if there had been a bit more of a balance of genders then, there wouldn't be a feeling of "Oh, they're just picking women now" because there would be no perceived inequality to address. Still, since I think racial equality is more important than gender equality (in the context of GW2 and its core theme of uniting all the races) for the planning of future Especs.

Norn is a given, with greatsword very likely, as previously stated.Asura, probably Snaff, granting access to either pistol or rifle, is on the cards – but I can see this being another summon-based one with turrets so not straight after Kalla.Vekk would be another viable choice for this if they wanted to give us scepter instead.Sylvari is a bit tricky because there's debate over whether they actually have souls and go to the Mists, and most of them are too recently departed by current standards.

I wonder about a Legendary Lich stance, channelling Vizier Khilbron. He may have started out human, but he wasn't at the end. He'd sit nicely alongside Shiro as a fellow campaign antagonist, though may be a little similar to Mallyx in both theme and skills. That would almost certainly giv revs scepter, since although the Scepter of Orr is more of a staff it does at least have 'scepter' in its name. Focus would also be an option, given that his most infamous act was reading the forbidden magic that sunk Orr; we already have quite a few foci that are books or scrolls, and an elite skill that was a mini-cataclysm just like Shiro's Jade Winds would be incredible. I'm seeing tonnes of Mallyx synergy there, but also a more mobile summon-based spec that would allow revs to play like a necro.

i doubt any new legend would be any deceased character we have meet so far, it would be a big spoiler for any new player just coming and buying all expansions at once. (Trahearne stance with a living Trahearne right at your side in the main personal story from vanilla gw2 lol)

rewarding weapon, well, we allready have a support elite and a condition damage elite, so hopefully next elite will be a decent power spec and GS is the only one that makes sense to me to fill this role unless Anet thinks revenant still doesnt have enough range weapons and decides to gives us a dps elite with LB, scepter or pistols-rifle.

dagger mh is another weapon that could be made into a power option for reve, but it would look extremely odd using dagger main hand with sword offhand but considering we had seen odd combinations before like medium range mace/axe and ranged GS, Hammers...

I voted Ax, but now thinking about it - I should have voted Dagger - Main and offhandOff-hand dagger would pull target to you – like offhand previous version of offhand sword and thief’s scorpion wire

When we go to Cantha I want to be able to channel Kanaxai or Urgoz as a legend or get 2 new legends for my Revenant.

Also I would like to see the Revenant have weapon spells ( think GW1 ritualist ). However, they bind the Rev and the enemy and each would have the effect. examples below.

1. Splinter Weapon - causes dmg to foes around you and around your foe to their allies when they use a skill.
  2. Nightmare Weapon (upkeep) - steals health but you do less dmg to foes around you and around your foe siphons health from their allies for you when they use a skill.
  3. Wailing Weapon - interrupts/blinds foes around you and around you foe to their allies when they use a skill.
  4. Weapon of Aggression - you and your allies gain swiftness, whereas your foe and their allies are slowed.
  5. Weapon of Fury – pulls and removes all conditions from you and your nearby allies (3-5) and transfers them to your foe, but only for half of the duration. So if you only/allies had 1 stack it would transfer that, but if you/allies have 5 stacks it would only transfer 2, whereas as 6 stacks would be 3.
  6. Vengeful Weapon - steals health from foe you do damage to and gives health your ally who your foes does dmg to.
  7. Resilient Weapon (elite) - you and your allies gain health regen and 100 toughness, while your foe and their allies looses health (bleeding) and 100 toughness

So it is all about doing AOE dmg and making your foe cause AOE damage to their allies and themselves - sort of like torment but not a condition and only lasts for 3-5 secs or a certain number of hits.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Offhand dagger.

I want it have an ability to be thrown and tethered to an enemy. While tethered, mainhand's auto would strike them regardless of range, as long as the tether is up. Follow up skill would pull enemy to you.

The second skill be melee, single target fear, or knockback, to allow for some disengage and all the torment stacks that condi rev stacks to actually do their job.

• 2 weeks later...