Would you like Winter's Presence & Nightfury to be convertable into Infusions? [Merged] — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Would you like Winter's Presence & Nightfury to be convertable into Infusions? [Merged]

DakotaCoty.5721DakotaCoty.5721 Member ✭✭✭
edited February 6, 2019 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

I wanted to make this poll because I really like these skins, but I feel they should be converted into infusions so I thought I'd make a poll and see how the community feels about it.

Would you like Winter's Presence & Nightfury to be convertable into Infusions? [Merged] 237 votes

Yes, with the ability to stack their aura effects (6 visuals at once).
29%
BlaqueFyre.5678nottsgman.8206Aomine.5012godfat.2604PlagueParade.7942Bidumm.5142Neural.1824Mara.6782Abelisk.4527Boogiepop Void.6473Vavume.8065Eternalonus.5043Palm Tiger.8275zealex.9410PetStain.8924Alimar.8760MetalGirl.2370Blur.3465Vegeta.2563Lithril Ashwalker.6230 71 votes
Yes, without the ability to stack their effects (1 at a time).
41%
videoboy.4162khani.4786Just a flesh wound.3589ReaverKane.7598Autumn.8043Dondarrion.2748meeflak.9714Linken.6345Sublimatio.6981starhunter.6015Shampanix.3928Dahkeus.8243Manasa Devi.7958Khailyn.6248Sirius Lemuria Draconis.7864Sciger.1679crosknight.3041Asztarte.2957Asum.4960Randulf.7614 99 votes
No
16%
Rauderi.8706derd.6413mosser.7695Dante.1763Ashantara.8731Arden.7480Esterie.7409borgs.6103Ashen.2907Nury.3062Daddicus.6128Ceridwen.6703Thelgar.7214Tekoneiric.6817Wanze.8410rank eleven monk.9502Mister Asdasd.6194Vash.2386Chay.7852Exalted Quality.8534 39 votes
I don't mind.
4%
Silmar Alech.4305TheWolf.1602Belghar.3024Iris Ng.9845Kal Spiro.9745Ben K.6238asterix.9614Kalli.4506Alchofas.8243Amnael.6548Cat Warrior.9240 11 votes
I don't own these / Irrelevant to me.
7%
Arioch.6507Zaraki.5784Etienne.3049Ardid.7203Zaklex.6308Ayumi Spender.1082AstralDusk.1670Albadaran.1283nighthawke.3075Lollipup.6537DepartedSha.1563Jemmi.6058gert.7698MarcellinoAlighieri.7194Lilandria.7805Tzarakiel.7490Turkeyspit.3965 17 votes
<1

Comments

• Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 13, 2017

Only if it was just an Aura infusion (no stat/ar, but open to it being upgrade-able, still remaining account bound in all forms) and I could withdraw it from my achievement panel, since it is an achievement reward.

I like that I can spend just a transmute charge and use it on my other characters. I just want to use a real shoulder item.

The above was written as part of an attempt to waste time.

• Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭

Definitely.

• Zeefa.3915Zeefa.3915 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 13, 2017

Since I really really want to have the snow, but without replacing my shoulders, I would love this very much. But definitely without it stacking for ridiculousness.

• Yes, without the ability to stack their effects (1 at a time).

@Haleydawn.3764 said:
    Only if it was just an Aura infusion (no stat/ar) and I could withdraw it from my achievement panel, since it is an achievement reward.

I like that I can spend just a transmute charge and use it on my other characters. I just want to use a real shoulder item.

This is actually a really nice suggestion - I hope ArenaNet reads that.

• Zaxares.5419Zaxares.5419 Member ✭✭✭

I think this is a good idea. I'd love it if this were expanded to include Koda's Warmth as well. I'd love the effect on my Warrior, but I don't need any more karma. I'd rather keep my existing Magic Find enrichment.

• Yes, with the ability to stack their aura effects (6 visuals at once).

I went with this option, but really wouldn't mind if it didn't stack with other infusions

70 'mains' and waiting for more slots
    | 61 Asura | 6 Charr | 1 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

@nottsgman.8206 said:
    I went with this option, but really wouldn't mind if it didn't stack with other infusions

No I meant, you can't stack it 6 times of the same effect.

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:

@nottsgman.8206 said:

No I meant, you can't stack it 6 times of the same effect.

would like it either way :)

70 'mains' and waiting for more slots
    | 61 Asura | 6 Charr | 1 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

• intox.6347intox.6347 Member ✭✭✭

yes, they are not shoulders, its only effect like other auras.

Multiclass WvW player
    Theorycrafted builds tester

• Lahmia.2193Lahmia.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

I would have made Nightfury as soon as it was released if it weren't a shoulder piece. Ruins my look without the one I use at the moment, and it doesn't help that you cannot use it alongside outfits. So non stacking Infusion is the best course of action in my opinion.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death."

• Thelgar.7214Thelgar.7214 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 13, 2017
    No

I voted no, because I use the skin (Nightfury) on more than one character and wouldn't want to lose that utility.

• Mea.5491Mea.5491 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yes but no stacking. Unpopular opinion: none of auras should stack, that's horrible...

• Vavume.8065Vavume.8065 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yes, and do not care if it stacks or not, so did not vote.

• I don't mind.

I hate that they're shoulders, because it means I can have them, or a shoulder, and I usually like to have a shoulder piece. I expect to get Winter's Presence this year, especially with the changes to gingerbread path. So this will become relevant to me. I'm a little dubious about them being infusions, though. Anyone can wear a shoulder piece, only those that have an ascended something can use an infusion. For me, though, yes I approve. Personally, I wanted them to be backpacks, or helmets.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro - Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/NM |Daredevil|Ranger
    |Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist|Deadeye|Warrior
    |Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker|Weaver|Chronomancer|Soulbeast|Holosmith|Revenant

• Esquilax.3491Esquilax.3491 Member ✭✭✭

Stacking is probably the actual reason they didn't make it a infusion in the first place. They are both very "visually noisy" auras, you character would just end up as a swarm of bats or walking blizzard lol.

Plus I think mechanically, from a programming PoV It's probably difficult to make them exceptions to the regular infusion code.

• Rysdude.3824Rysdude.3824 Member ✭✭✭✭

I worked my butt of to get Nightfury within my first 6 months so Im determined to use it everywhere lol i do miss some great shoulder armor skins though. Changing it to an infusion would be so wonderful.

@Rysdude.3824 said:
    I worked my butt of to get Nightfury within my first 6 months so Im determined to use it everywhere lol i do miss some great shoulder armor skins though. Changing it to an infusion would be so wonderful.

I completely agree - it would be a welcomed addition to the account-bound skins.

Definetly yes, missing the shoulderskin to have 1 of the effects always makes me sad :) would be great

• No

I like on shoulders cause i can turn it off when not wanting to use it. More stuff needs to go into unlocked rewards in achievement panel. Aurora legendary is a mistake to have on one toon only. Maybe they can add an effect panel per toon and let you turn off and on, on equipment screen. As well as overwrite with six different unlocked rewards.

• I don't own these / Irrelevant to me.

I would say no simply as I don't really understand the whole infusion craze at all.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:
    I would say no simply as I don't really understand the whole infusion craze at all.

This isn't to do with the infusion craze but more to do with the fact that a particle effect item takes up an entire slot, and it would be much more lucrative as a reward if it was an infusion instead - or allowed to be an infusion.

• Ceridwen.6703Ceridwen.6703 Member ✭✭✭
    No

I have just noticed I appear to have voted in the "No" category in error. It was supposed to be in the "Yes, without the ability to stack their effects (1 at a time)" category. Sorry. :s

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Steve R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

• STIHL.2489STIHL.2489 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

No.. because then people would fuss about what stats they should offer.

There are two kinds of Gamers, Salty, and Extra Salty.
    Ego is the Anesthesia that dullens the pain of Stupidity.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 14, 2017
    No

I would rather have this converted into a skin, so I don't have to farm it again in PvP (which has gotten too bad to play):

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rime-Rimmed_Mariner's_Rebreather

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

I need nightfury and winters presence to become infusions because i want the prior on my necromancer, and the latter in combination with the scarf.
    The fact they force you to not have any shoulders ruin their otherwise massive value

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Thelgar.7214 said:
    I voted no, because I use the skin (Nightfury) on more than one character and wouldn't want to lose that utility.

What utility?
    Invisible shoulders? You can already hide shoulders.
    And adding it as an infusion doesnt mean removing the skin from the wardrobe

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

• Lahmia.2193Lahmia.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Thelgar.7214 said:

What utility?
    Invisible shoulders? You can already hide shoulders.
    And adding it as an infusion doesnt mean removing the skin from the wardrobe

The only advantage of it being a shoulder piece is you can use on any tier armour, instead of just ascended. But if you can afford either skins, you can probably afford ascended so its not really a valid argument.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death."

I feel they should make it like the kodans warmth infusion

• Vulf.3098Vulf.3098 Member ✭✭✭

Not being able to have this and the scarf on at the same time should be a crime.

It's a crime that we can't use the Winter's Presence skin with the gemstore scarf skin.

Christian conservative.

Disagreement =/= "negativity"
    You won't find forced positivity here.

Passive-aggression is petty, and halts real discussion.

• I don't own these / Irrelevant to me.

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:

This isn't to do with the infusion craze but more to do with the fact that a particle effect item takes up an entire slot, and it would be much more lucrative as a reward if it was an infusion instead - or allowed to be an infusion.

And one is harder to remove and keep while one I can change whenever I want with a skin change with a transmutation for free.
    I'll rather skins.

@Miss Lana.5276 said:
    It's a crime that we can't use the Winter's Presence skin with the gemstore scarf skin.

One can hope.

Id like to be able to use them, or to as least see thier affects with outfits- so signed yes without stacking.

• Curunen.8729Curunen.8729 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 16, 2017

I'd rather all the cosmetic auras be backpiece skins.

IH hybrid | My ears, how are you! | Kourna Jackrabbit for default Springer

• titje.2745titje.2745 Member ✭✭✭

only if i can get unlimited copys at achie tab like achie chest skins so i can have it on every char :D

@titje.2745 said:
    only if i can get unlimited copys at achie tab like achie chest skins so i can have it on every char :D

That would be the idea - I hope they read this and really consider it :)

yes need it

• Despond.2174Despond.2174 Member ✭✭✭

I vote yes, but taking it further I wish we had a tab that separate auras/affects by itself to equip. That and armor/talent profile tab to save a full character armor+skills. These QOL changes would be massive but I also know they have been asked for years.

It's definitely a little disappointing to not have auras like Winter's Presence not usable with things like outfits etc so if we're not going to get an aura/effects tab I would definitely settle for infusion conversions.

• Mister Asdasd.6194Mister Asdasd.6194 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 20, 2017
    No

THere are both pro and con
    pro:you can ad an actual shoulder skin
    con:as an armor skin it can be used on all your cahracters while an infusion is stuck on only 1 character

in the end i prefer this item to be available to all my characters since it was so tedious to make

• Eclipse.6203Eclipse.6203 Member ✭✭
    edited December 20, 2017

They should just keep the shoulder skin and make a infusion that uses it

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:

And one is harder to remove and keep while one I can change whenever I want with a skin change with a transmutation for free.
    I'll rather skins.

One cost silver to remove :)
    Another transmution shards.
    I will say infusions are the “easier” way

• No

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:
    I wanted to make this poll because I really like these skins, but I feel they should be converted into infusions so I thought I'd make a poll and see how the community feels about it.

I would much rather see it as a back item.

OBS! Please note that I am speaking only for myself. I have a habit of speaking of myself in plural though, please do overlook this! ^^'

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

Been asking since it was added (winter's presence). Its a great effect, its sad that its stuck being a shoulder piece.

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 23, 2018
    No

I voted no, ecspecially if its going to gain the ability to get stacked. We already have issues with the overabundance of effects in this game, until that gets handled i really dont want to see somebody who has 6(or more) stacked Nightfury "infusions" and the swarm of bats is so freaking bad that you cant even see their character.

Ember Wandertooth(SB), Lucina Fallenflame(Weaver), Kianda Redpaw(Guardian), Kingslayer, Light in the Dark.
    Why Guild Wars is called Guild Wars

Currently run celestrial red and the red outline infusion on twilight. Makse the entire character match the weapon. Imagine if i could run winters presence on frostfang, so weapon swapping keeps the theme of the respective weapons.

• Gehenna.3625Gehenna.3625 Member ✭✭✭✭

I said yes with stacking because I like options but I'll be happy without as well. I'm not sure why winter's presence had to be shoulder pads since there actually are no shoulder pads and it's just the aura effect. I guess it's because of the unlock ability for the wardrobe which is for armor and weapon skins only and doesn't extend to infusions. I would've preferred it to be the headpiece since that's something that people turn off more often.

"In my experience, if you can't say what you mean, you can never mean what you say. The details are everything." ~ Minister Durano

• Daddicus.6128Daddicus.6128 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

No, no, NEVER! I've been working towards Winter's Presence for years. There's light at the end of the tunnel now, maybe only 3-5 years to go.

(And, yes, I am being facetious.)

At this point the cost is so high for these I'd rather not lose my shoulder armor slot to display them.

The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.