"I'd Really Like this..." - New Gifting Strangers

Alatar.7364

i don't know what i need really xD been pretty worked up irl and i haven't played for a few weeks.now i'm in the middle of moving out again. move out twice within a month to 2 different states. lol.

i wonder what everyone consider "trash" since one man's trash could be another man's treasure =]i know i need a lot of elder wood but everyone needs them too. so send me your trash and i'd happily store them in safe places and post the amount here.i'm working on my spvp wings. but i have prepared all mats for it. i just need the time gated matches. though with shitty internet right now. i dare not to enter to just throw off my team mates matches xd cuz i got booted out of client every few mins. i can't wait to move out and have good internet again. lol.

edit: omg. thank you so much for 750 elder wood logs and 10 wintersday gifts.

@Omnicron.2467 said:I am trying to craft The HMS Divinity

I do not mind getting most of what I need, except the wood for the mystic curios, and I need another 140 mystic Curios, which means 5600 planks, or 16800 Logs O_O

So in order to get my curious I would be extrememly grateful if anyone could donate towards this by either sending Curious or Elder Wood. I am on EU server.The numbers will be updated, if someone sends me raw elder wood it will also count towards the completion of the mystic curio and refined wood count:

20/140 Mystic Curiosor833/5600 Elder Wood Planksor2500/16800 Elder Wood Logs

Thank you so much for any contributions! ^_^

Updated 20 Dec 2017

Another update, bought some wood for myself so I could craft Frigate, now I just need Man o' War! Thank you for all the help to get that one done ^_^

Sadly I still need 4000 Elder Wood Planks to craft the precursor :open_mouth:

So will start the count from zero again, acknowledging those who already gave in my quote above ^_^

EU Server0/4000 Elder Wood Planks0/12000 Elder Wood Logs

Thanks again :)

Rodgort and Incinerator. I've got a flaming Sylvari and need to set more things on fire! It'd pretty much be the best gift ever. US

I know, I know. Why not just make it yourself? Because I'll never be able to do so, that's why. I've been playing this game for 5+ years and have never had more than 86 gold despite many long nights of farming. I don't turn gold into gems, I don't buy a ton of stuff, just the gear needed to not completely suck in general PVE content.

I've dreamt of having those specific legendaries since shortly after starting the game and despite years of gathering every time I look into what it takes to craft them I get disheartened and just feel like I'll never be able to make it happen. So here we are.

Maybe I'm clueless, maybe I'm a terrible player, but what I'm not is too proud to put out a gift request in a thread dedicated to such requests. I don't expect it to ever happen, yet, like my grandpa used to say - It never hurts to just ask.

Thank you for your time in reading. Take care out there!

Ι am playing this game for 20 days now and i think this is the game i was looking for but... I would love a storage expand :P . My bank is so small so I can not keep items or materials. I dont know if it is giftable but i need almost 220 g to buy it (800 gems) and I can not spend money to buy gems (at least right now). Never seen it on sale too.

@trianglecubed.3750 said:Rodgort and Incinerator. I've got a flaming Sylvari and need to set more things on fire! It'd pretty much be the best gift ever. US

I know, I know. Why not just make it yourself? Because I'll never be able to do so, that's why. I've been playing this game for 5+ years and have never had more than 86 gold despite many long nights of farming. I don't turn gold into gems, I don't buy a ton of stuff, just the gear needed to not completely suck in general PVE content.

I've dreamt of having those specific legendaries since shortly after starting the game and despite years of gathering every time I look into what it takes to craft them I get disheartened and just feel like I'll never be able to make it happen. So here we are.

Maybe I'm clueless, maybe I'm a terrible player, but what I'm not is too proud to put out a gift request in a thread dedicated to such requests. I don't expect it to ever happen, yet, like my grandpa used to say - It never hurts to just ask.

Thank you for your time in reading. Take care out there!

You do know that you can ask for 1 thing and you start with asking for 2 legendaries?

People help with things sure but asking them to give you even 1 legendary is crazy.Maybe if you asked for help to complete 1 of the tributes thats 1/4th of a legendary you might have a chance to get it filled mate.

EditThis thread lately seem to be what is the most expensive item I dont want to do myself but still want to ask someone for.

@TsokGR.7106 said:Ι am playing this game for 20 days now and i think this is the game i was looking for but... I would love a storage expand :P . My bank is so small so I can not keep items or materials. I dont know if it is giftable but i need almost 220 g to buy it (800 gems) and I can not spend money to buy gems (at least right now). Never seen it on sale too.

Its been 20% of not to long ago think it was hallowen. Sadly if I remember right account upgrades arent giftable.

Been playing 5 years now, Two things I have never managed to get and never managed to be able to save up the money for are-Twilight-Permanent Hair Style KitStill after 5 years not one legendary to my name (I know, I know it's sad), Both are pricey items and I really dont expect anything but figured it was worth throwing out there if anyone has any extra of them. Regardless cheers to anyone who reads!Server: NA

I had posted in the original thread for some help with elder wood or mithril. New forums came out a few weeks later so I think it was lost in the transition.

I don’t think anyone looks at the old ones, but just in case I wanted to follow the rules and say that I have self fulfilled my desire. I farmed Lake Doric like crazy for months to get gold and I just completed crafting The Predator yesterday, which is why I needed the elder wood and mithril.

Thanks to anyone who helps out with other’s reasonable requests though. I think that is a great thing to do.

@"Linken.6345" said:

You do know that you can ask for 1 thing and you start with asking for 2 legendaries?

Wrong, It says I can make one request, not that I can only ask for ONE SINGLE ITEM. I read and re-read it just to make sure. Also, why ask for something I can get myself? That just seems silly. I can do and can collect all sorts of things, but there are just things that I'll never be able to do, any sort of crafting required, the "gift" requiring PVP, and the icy runestones 'cause I'll never have that much gold. So may as well ask for what I'll never be able to get myself. Everything else I've ever wanted I've been able to just buy outright from the gem store 'cause I have no issues dropping money on the game (I find it fun) or I've been able to grind out over time. Can't do that with legendaries, though. Those require content that I can't make myself do. I have over 1600 badges of honor just sitting around doing nothing since pretty much year one and have found that anything that could have been purchased with them that I wanted to (such as the PvP gift) I missed the window to do so 'cause I took a break from the game at the wrong time and now the things are essentially worthless.

All I want to do is what I've been doing, PvE content like bounties and helping newbies get acclimated by hanging around starter zones every once in a while to answer questions. None of what I do pays or rewards really well, I've found, yet that doesn't mean I can't ask for a legendary. It'll never happen, yet at least the one thing I'm asking for is something that is both valuable to me and that I'll never actually get myself. Seems pointless to ask for something that you can eventually obtain yourself since you only get a single request.

@trianglecubed.3750 said:

@"Linken.6345" said:

Wrong, It says I can make one request, not that I can only ask for ONE SINGLE ITEM. I read and re-read it just to make sure. Also, why ask for something I can get myself? That just seems silly. I can do and can collect all sorts of things, but there are just things that I'll never be able to do, any sort of crafting required, the "gift" requiring PVP, and the icy runestones 'cause I'll never have that much gold. So may as well ask for what I'll never be able to get myself. Everything else I've ever wanted I've been able to just buy outright from the gem store 'cause I have no issues dropping money on the game (I find it fun) or I've been able to grind out over time. Can't do that with legendaries, though. Those require content that I can't make myself do. I have over 1600 badges of honor just sitting around doing nothing since pretty much year one and have found that anything that could have been purchased with them that I wanted to (such as the PvP gift) I missed the window to do so 'cause I took a break from the game at the wrong time and now the things are essentially worthless.

All I want to do is what I've been doing, PvE content like bounties and helping newbies get acclimated by hanging around starter zones every once in a while to answer questions. None of what I do pays or rewards really well, I've found, yet that doesn't mean I can't ask for a legendary. It'll never happen, yet at least the one thing I'm asking for is something that is both valuable to me and that I'll never actually get myself. Seems pointless to ask for something that you can eventually obtain yourself since you only get a single request.

if you read abit further you see this

Share Your DesireIf you desire #an item# from within the game or from the gem store or trading post (unable to afford it/unable to log in while it is temporarily on sale), please do not hesitate to make mention of your desire here. Perhaps there is a generous and kind-hearted player keeping an eye on this thread for another player such as you to make their desire known!

highlited the important part with ##

Dear Kind Souls!!

! I Really, I mean REALLY love to get a Glider skin, since I bought the HoT Expac, I can't keeped the ammount of golds, to purchase any of the gliders.! I don't want an expensive 700 gem one, Id just like to get one different glider, the default one is really meh.!! Server: EU! Desire: Glacial Glider (price: _500 _gem) OR 130 GOLD to let me exchange it to the GEM for my wanted glider!! My Desires Goal:! - 500 gem: Glacial Glider! or! - 130 gold: (0/130 gold)!! IF Anyone can help me with this glider OR with some golds, please don't hesitate, I Really appreciate it (and ofc when Im be able, i will return your favor - when you in need / or ingame help, anything what i can do).!! Thank you so much!

EDITED:Thank you so much, I've got my "gift"!I'm really happy about it, thanks!!!!

@levcsu.7892 said:

@levcsu.7892 said:Dear Kind Souls!

I Really, I mean REALLY love to get a Glider skin, since I bought the HoT Expac, I can't keeped the ammount of golds, to purchase any of the gliders.I don't want an expensive 700 gem one, Id just like to get one different glider, the default one is really meh.

Server: EUDesire:
Glacial Glider
(price: _500 _gem) OR 130 GOLD to let me exchange it to the GEM for my wanted glider

My Desires Goal:
  • 500 gem:
    Glacial Glider
    or
  • 130 gold: (
    0/130 gold
    )

IF Anyone can help me with this glider OR with some golds, please don't hesitate, I Really appreciate it (and ofc when Im be able, i will return your favor - when you in need / or ingame help, anything what i can do).

Thank you so much!Id like to edit this to: FULFILLED

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!

Hiya.

I'm glad to see your desire was fulfilled!

However, please do as requested previously and:

1. Comment in 5 different threads total to get member status that removes your comment edit time limitation (2 star rank).
  2. Come back and edit your ORIGINAL post with this message (via the gear icon in the top-right of your post), not make an additional one.

Otherwise, people who read through will see your original desire post there still stating you desire the item(s) and would not know it was fulfilled unless they read further on and find your new post stating so.

Thank you.