ArenaNet Forum Chats Coming!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would really love if the dev/devs who can speak about decorations and scribing might interact with us at some point. I know there isn't a dedicated team for that but I guess there's gotta be someone that's the "go to" devs for decorations/scribing and it would be really nice to know who that is and get a chance to speak with them.

Maybe as an extra bonus ANet could start up a "suggest decorations you'd like to see" thread for that week with the most popular choices getting added? That would be a fun bonus.

@"X T D.6458" said:Yay no more trying to navigate the visual clusterkitten that is reddit :s

Are you serious? AMA itself is a brilliant idea and a step in the right direction, but a ribbon-like forum format (as opposed branch-like that Reddit uses) is specifically abysmal for AMA purposes. You don't get a notification when someone answered to your comment, and most importantly, you don't see questions and responses close to each other. When you see a question, you have no other choice but to scroll through the rest of the topic to find out whether the question was answered.

A single post on Reddit is structurally an alternative to creation of a whole new sub-forum for each specific AMA session, and even then Reddit is vastly structurally superior (simply because forum topic doesn't have structure at all, it's a simple stream).

If you want to see what a clustercharr looks like, go here and tell me how many responses from Gaile Gray are there. On Reddit, I would find all of them in approximately five seconds.

I would like to ask "WvW concept developers" questions. I don't even know who is responsible for the current concept, what goals it pursues or how he or she imagines the WvW personally.Especially because the WvW has become an area defined by the community in the game principle - some want PPT, the other PPK, some only GVG and others fight solo or blob.But what is your idea of what the WvW should be, or rather in which direction YOU want to develop it?

Probably all WvW players want to know in which direction we can expect changes in the very sick system. From the community masses of suggestions, ideas and concepts were raised. But we have not yet heard from your side in which direction you imagine and plan this.

The fact that only two DEVs are used for this area also sounds more like a proclamation, managing it and only ballanced the existing one. New developments or extensions are not intended. The latter is then really the statement that the WvW is dead.

In addition, after 2 (?) years now, after which we have been given a greater focus on the WvW and only small details have happened, a CLEAR statement would be very desirable.

We are your fans! Talk to us and don't run us down from above! Plz!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Very good decision. Reddit culture is very bad for the quality of the discussion. Here you can devide threads per topic, like you did for pvp and enforce people to stay on subject. Will be interesting to read.

As for questions, I would love to see some answers from team responsible for possible implementation of build templates, are they planned and for community to post suggestions about what this feature should include.

@OmskCamill.6412 said:

@"X T D.6458" said:Yay no more trying to navigate the visual clusterkitten that is reddit :s

Are you serious? AMA itself is a brilliant idea and a step in the right direction, but a ribbon-like forum format (as opposed branch-like that Reddit uses) is specifically abysmal for AMA purposes. You don't get a notification when someone answered to your comment, and most importantly, you don't see questions and responses close to each other. When you see a question, you have no other choice but to scroll through the rest of the topic to find out whether the question was answered.

A single post on Reddit is structurally an alternative to creation of a whole new sub-forum for each specific AMA session, and even then Reddit is vastly structurally superior (simply because forum topic doesn't have structure at all, it's a simple stream).

If you want to see what a clustercharr looks like, go
and tell me how many responses from Gaile Gray are there. On Reddit, I would find all of them in approximately five seconds.

Yes I am super serious, I hate reddit and all the crap on the screen. I did not like how they would only do these things on reddit, so I am personally happy for this. They also did not say they are abandoning reddit, so I assume they will use both forums.

I'll be honest, I'm a big ambivalent about this.

On one hand, I'd love the chance to pick developer brains to see their lines of thought for design choices.

On the other hand, I can see many other things that devs would be better off doing than biweekly AMAs.

I would love more well timed AMAs than the day of release so folks could ask informed questions, but I was thinking more "the week after a release". Biweekly feels a bit much.

@Lunateric.3708 said:I'd like profession specific threads, I'd like to know who specifically takes care of engineer balance for example and what their plans are for the class, sort of like a roadmap. Guessing every profession wants something like that too.

@Fluffball.8307 said:I look forward to the wave of reddit-users coming here to sabotage this and then complaining they got banned. rolly eyes

That's not how it is, also please stay on topic.

Went to Reddit and that is EXACTLY how it is. Bunch of lunatics. Haha. :)

cant wait until february - @OP can you please give everyone a week notice ahead of time as a reminder?

hoping to get Shadow Trap fixed!allow ALL traits with cooldowns to be viewed above skillbar like the banners are on warrior to let us know whats off cooldown. If the acrobatics trait (Instant Reflexes) is offcooldown we will see the icon clientside. :) please?!

I'm pretty sure if it was up to the forums, skills and balance team would have to be a staple segment of the bi-weekly Q&A :triumph:

The initiative is nice, but the moment a hot topic appears (a.k.a. balance/rewards/WvW) the thread will be flooded, be aware. I'd suggest starting off every AMA on controversial issues by a quick FAQ most people would repeat over and over. And be as precise as you can in that, else it won't help.

How about a discussion of style in armor and outfits.Possible topics1) buttcapes vs sleek2) trench coats on medium armor vs short jackets or no jacket at all.3) mixing styles in new armors designs. That is, in future armors make sets that look like they belong to a different armor weight. eg. Heavy appearing armor for light and mediums, light appearing armor for heavy and medium, medium appearing armor for light and heavy.4) simple pants for light armor females.5) for outfits, ability to show our armor helm like we could with gw1 costumes.6) outfits that aren’t fancy. Like the new outfits from town clothing that look like regular clothing, not fancy party clothes.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:How about a discussion of style in armor and outfits.Possible topics1) buttcapes vs sleek2) trench coats on medium armor vs short jackets or no jacket at all.3) mixing styles in new armors designs, eg. Heavy appearing armor for light and mediums, light appearing armor for heavy and medium, medium appearing armor for light and heavy.4) simple pants for light armor females.5) for outfits, ability to show our armor helm like we could we gw1 costumes.6) outfits that aren’t fancy. Like the new outfits from town clothing that look like regular clothing, not fancy party clothes.

7) Every single outfit NPCs got being available. ALL OF THEM!

I would love to talk to the reward/economist team, so we can take a look at where the revenant weapon skins from the beta is, and why it wasn't found 3 years later. As for the economist side, i would love to hear if there is any plans to adress the huge stagnation of the tp prices, because everything now is so cheap that if something isn't done quick, it is going to rear a very big ugly head later.

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:I'll be honest, I'm a big ambivalent about this.

On one hand, I'd love the chance to pick developer brains to see their lines of thought for design choices.

On the other hand, I can see many other things that devs would be better off doing than biweekly AMAs.

I would love more well timed AMAs than the day of release so folks could ask informed questions, but I was thinking more "the week after a release". Biweekly feels a bit much.

Yes, bi weekly is a bit much. Once a month at least, since I would rather have the developers well....developing and let the idea(s) sink in for the month.