When can we expect legendary armor update? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

When can we expect legendary armor update?

Klipso.8653Klipso.8653 Member ✭✭✭✭

since legendary armor was added, the PvE one has an upgraded look with animations and all. but the PvP and WvW sets were just different shaded versions of their base sets. when can we expect the final versions of these legendary sets to be on par with the PvE game mode?

-Balwarc [ICoa]

Comments

• NEVER. PvE armor is a unique with all those effects, etc. and only PvE would have it like Anet said. i thought WvW shouldnt have it too. Who really cares about some skins in BvB =)

• X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

Far as I know, they are not planning to put out another set of skins when upgrading to legendary. It is more for the practical benefits like switching runes, stats etc not for skins.

BG

• I hope we'll never get skins like that in WvW.

• Klipso.8653Klipso.8653 Member ✭✭✭✭

It doesn't need animations to have quality, but using the same skin between upgraded and base is terrible

-Balwarc [ICoa]

• Hesacon.8735Hesacon.8735 Member ✭✭✭✭

Part of the negotiations that got us wvw and spvp legendary armor was that the raid armor kept its uniqueness.

I have a full set of legendary wvw armor and I'm quite grateful to have it at all. They didn't have to do it and they did.

• jul.7602jul.7602 Member ✭✭✭

it takes much longer to get a wvw or pvp set than a pve one due to strict timegates. It should have its own skins and such.

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

Wvw players wanted the functionality of legendary armor, and not necessarily the looks. If you really wanted the looks you would have been raiding for it 1-2 years ago, it's surprising they even allowed the legendary function on wvw gear. They still need something unique to pull players to raid and the looks are that, wvw was never really the place to collect skins.

Another derailing post. ^^
    EBG North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed!
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic ||

• @Klipso.8653 said:
    It doesn't need animations to have quality, but using the same skin between upgraded and base is terrible

Terrible or not, that was the plan. Offering the stat-swappable capability to PvP and WvW armor was a compromise over the original plan to restrict legendary rarity to raids.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• eoz.1834eoz.1834 Member ✭✭

WvW skin already looks legendary. If you want that unique look, just remove glow and tentacle from ascended one. I prefer having new features/balance instead spending human resource on redoing the old stuff.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.