Getting to the Crystal Oasis without Story?

hellsqueen.3045

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Purgatori.3645 said:@IndigoSundown.5419 said:

"Added a conversation option on the Lionguard Aircrew aboard the Phoenix Dawn in Lion's Arch to send players who have completed the "Sparking the Flame" chapter of Path of Fire to the Free City of Amnoon."

From today's patch notes.

This makes me very happy :D Thank you!

I tried testing this and it did not work. Since I had no L80's who had not been there, I created a character. Perhaps it only works if the character is level 80?

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:"Added a conversation option on the Lionguard Aircrew aboard the Phoenix Dawn in Lion's Arch to send players who have completed the "Sparking the Flame" chapter of Path of Fire to the Free City of Amnoon."

Clearly Anet agreed that not having a way to get there was wrong, so heck yeah!

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:

"Added a conversation option on the Lionguard Aircrew aboard the Phoenix Dawn in Lion's Arch to send players who have completed the "Sparking the Flame" chapter of Path of Fire to the Free City of Amnoon."

I tried testing this and it did not work. Since I had no L80's who had not been there, I created a character. Perhaps it only works if the character is level 80?

I think, similar to HoT you need to do the story up to a certain point on one character that would have to be level 80 to unlock it across all characters.

@hellsqueen.3045 said:

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:"Added a conversation option on the Lionguard Aircrew aboard the Phoenix Dawn in Lion's Arch to send players who have completed the "Sparking the Flame" chapter of Path of Fire to the Free City of Amnoon."

I think, similar to HoT you need to do the story up to a certain point on one character that would have to be level 80 to unlock it across all characters.

I've completed the "Sparking the Flame" chapter on two characters. So, either it's broken straight out of the box, or there are more conditions not shown in the patch notes. If all this is is a free teleport from LA to Amnoon for characters that have done that chapter -- and so have already been there -- then that will be ... disappointing.

@hellsqueen.3045 said:

I've completed the "Sparking the Flame" chapter on two characters. So, either it's broken straight out of the box, or there are more conditions not shown in the patch notes. If all this is is a free teleport from LA to Amnoon for
characters
that have done that chapter -- and so have already been there -- then that will be ... disappointing.

Maybe its bugged? I hope it's bugged.

• 2 months later...

@hellsqueen.3045 said:

@hellsqueen.3045 said:

I've completed the "Sparking the Flame" chapter on two characters. So, either it's broken straight out of the box, or there are more conditions not shown in the patch notes. If all this is is a free teleport from LA to Amnoon for
characters
that have done that chapter -- and so have already been there -- then that will be ... disappointing.

Maybe its bugged? I hope it's bugged.

Any update on this?this did not worked for me too,completed the whole chapter 1 on my main,tried to get my toons to the desert there is no female aircrew for me,only a male and no option,nada talked to everybody on the ship,zip.

The way I got all of my characters except one to PoF is by heading to a guild hall set in Elona, exit to Vabbi, waypoint to the beginning of the map (as you always have that unlocked the first time you get into the map), zone into Desolation, waypoint to the beginning of Desolation, zone into Riverlands, waypoint to the beginning of Riverlands, zone into Oasis, waypoint to the city of Amnoon, ENJOY!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

@"hellsqueen.3045" said:Is it possible to get to the Crystal Oasis without using the story?If not, it really should be. With new Elite Specs that means the need for Hero Point runs, and for people who intend to unlock both whether they are using it or not will require more than just the usual Heart of Thorns run and even if you do all of the Heart of Thorns Hero Points, you would still need to have at least done an amount of normal map completion to even begin the Path Of Fire specs. We are able to run to the Heart of Thorns maps, there should be a way to reach the CO without having to do the prologue every time. Maybe a teleport zone on the airship for people who have done the Prologue first part of the story to get to Amnoon already. Just something, hell even getting a teleport scroll to to add the the Living World tome and change it to "Portal Tome" instead or something.

Sorry, i know im late but there is a way : Using the Invitation to the Lily of Elon Pass

Providing that you have bought the PoF Deluxe or higher.

@Drizzt.1796 said:

@"hellsqueen.3045" said:Is it possible to get to the Crystal Oasis without using the story?If not, it really should be. With new Elite Specs that means the need for Hero Point runs, and for people who intend to unlock both whether they are using it or not will require more than just the usual Heart of Thorns run and even if you do all of the Heart of Thorns Hero Points, you would still need to have at least done an amount of normal map completion to even begin the Path Of Fire specs. We are able to run to the Heart of Thorns maps, there should be a way to reach the CO without having to do the prologue every time. Maybe a teleport zone on the airship for people who have done the Prologue first part of the story to get to Amnoon already. Just something, hell even getting a teleport scroll to to add the the Living World tome and change it to "Portal Tome" instead or something.

Sorry, i know im late but there is a way : Using the Invitation to the Lily of Elon Pass

Was it really worth bumping up a 2.5 year old thread to give the same answer that's in the first reply?

@Danikat.8537 said:

Was it really worth bumping up a 2.5 year old thread to give the same answer that's in the first reply?

TBH i didn't read it :P

• 7 months later...

So I bought "The complete pack LWS4" for 672 gems. BLTC was throwing them for 44% during my time. I want to begin LWS4 straightaway and don't wish to do 30 something task on POF again just to land on Crystal Desert WP. I believe there are players like me who are keen to jump start LWS4 skipping LWS3

[uPDATE]Since ANet took out the WPs and direct airship to start S4, my research took me as much time to do a LWS3 EP1. Doing so will open WP to start story proper.With hints from GW2 community, I went into Guild Hall to the southern WP. There you could TP right into Vabbi. Once at Vabbi, start LWS4 story and a portal will open. It is just the way to Crystal Desert, another good 30-40 minutes to getting this journey done. But it is fun as it's quite an adventure.

You want to prepare for this trip. Lots L80 spiders gonna crowd you. Very far WPs. You need at least a raptor and guilder to do this proper. I don't believe anyone could foot walk their way over as well.

So this is how to get into Crystal Desert without story of season 3, without the airship. But of course you do need to buy or have LWS4 unlocked.Good luck!

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:The way I got all of my characters except one to PoF is by heading to a guild hall set in Elona, exit to Vabbi, waypoint to the beginning of the map (as you always have that unlocked the first time you get into the map), zone into Desolation, waypoint to the beginning of Desolation, zone into Riverlands, waypoint to the beginning of Riverlands, zone into Oasis, waypoint to the city of Amnoon, ENJOY!

This is how a GW1 player would do it. Bravo. That's how I've been doing it.

Anyone who's had to get to places in GW1 without doing the story know all to well the ins and outs. GW2, with its quick bypassing and scrolls, spoils these new players.