So... about an extra week of the festival... — Guild Wars 2 Forums

So... about an extra week of the festival...

Come on ANet, we know that people take vacations at the end of the year due to the dual holidays, we all know the last few years the holiday has been a week longer than this year, so...give those devs a break...how about an extra week, yes yes!?

Just sayin...

Envy the Madman his musing when Death comes to make fools of us all.
De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.
TheGrimm PoTBS/GW1/WAR/Rift/GW2/MWO/ESO/WoT/WoW/D2/HoTS/Civ6/CU/AoC

Comments

• Zeefa.3915Zeefa.3915 Member ✭✭✭

I am sure many might want the holiday event to continue.... personally I do not though. It feels like a good time to end the holidays at this point... since you know... the holidays are actually over after tomorrow. And with the end of the holiday events we can look forward to the next LS chapter.

• I doubt it is easy to change it now. They have a strict update schedule and the entire january 2 update is allready packed and ready to be deployed.
    It has to do with the update schedule. They want to have an update once every two weeks (as it is part of their development schedule). This means january 2 the update to stop wintersday. on the 16th the release of Lunar new Year . On january 30 the release of episode 2 of season 4

• lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

I don't want to farm the orphans for karma anymore...it just sounds so wrong...

If you want X, and Y is needed to get get X, you also have to want Y if you really want X. If you don't want Y, you don't want X. It's easy.
    Pro: Build Templates, Dungeon Rework, UW content
    Contra: New Races, New Classes, New Weapons, Capes

• @mercury ranique.2170 said:
    I doubt it is easy to change it now. They have a strict update schedule and the entire january 2 update is allready packed and ready to be deployed.
    It has to do with the update schedule. They want to have an update once every two weeks (as it is part of their development schedule). This means january 2 the update to stop wintersday. on the 16th the release of Lunar new Year . On january 30 the release of episode 2 of season 4

Actually, they have it setup now so the can stop festivals without a game update. Unless they have an update planned for the 2nd or the 9th for something other than Wintersday, they have the power to extend it. That doesn't make it a good idea; it just means that they have the technical flexibility.

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

• no thank you bad enough for this event long as it is with noting interest new for me to try or do . just same rehashed stuff :#

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'd love an extra week :)

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Zoltreez.6435Zoltreez.6435 Member ✭✭✭

also want an extra week :3

• Miss Lana.5276Miss Lana.5276 Member ✭✭✭

@lokh.2695 said:
    I don't want to farm the orphans for karma anymore...it just sounds so wrong...

I only realised today that it might look suspicious when my naked character goes around talking to orphaned children each Wintersday.

Disagreement =/= "negativity"
    Criticism =/= "hate"

• starhunter.6015starhunter.6015 Member ✭✭✭

Been arming the Orphans with weapons all Wintersday ....

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.