SOS Asuran Soulbeast CSF guild tag Speed Hacking Clips — Guild Wars 2 Forums

SOS Asuran Soulbeast CSF guild tag Speed Hacking Clips

quick.7361quick.7361 Member
edited November 28, 2017 in WvW

OK GW2 fans you either hate me or love me there is no in-between and I am Ok with whichever it is. However, this blatant speed hacking needs to be dealt with appropriately. You be the judge, jury, and executioner here.

https://clips.twitch.tv/HungryAbnegateReubenOneHand
https://clips.twitch.tv/BitterMuddyMomCoolStoryBro
https://clips.twitch.tv/FineAmazonianSpindleRitzMitz

Anet please contact me if you would like the player's username.

Comments

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

You do realize this will lead to the deletion of the thread, and possibly a ban for you by violating the forum rules?

Send it to the exploits email.

• Hitman.5829Hitman.5829 Member ✭✭✭✭

Any Sword + warhorn, longbow stealth, high regen, high damage, 2000 range unblockable ranger deserves this and more! I am happy that hacker got you!

Charr Warrior Master Race!
    Black Gate Beast Roamer chicken chaser!

@Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:
    You do realize this will lead to the deletion of the thread, and possibly a ban for you by violating the forum rules?

Who kitten cares? It is still an evidence of someone hacking. I've also seen at least one hacker during Desolation vs RS matchup and two hackers in this SPvP season, all of them had clips too. Yet nothing has been done about it, which annoys me the most.

I hear you. But the OP getting a temp ban only helps the hacker.

@Hitman.5829 said:
    Any Sword + warhorn, longbow stealth, high regen, high damage, 2000 range unblockable ranger deserves this and more! I am happy that hacker got you!

Where can I find one of those?

• @Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Who kitten cares? It is still an evidence of someone hacking. I've also seen at least one hacker during Desolation vs RS matchup and two hackers in this SPvP season, all of them had clips too. Yet nothing has been done about it, which annoys me the most.

IMO it'd be worth it for me as long as some people saw that clip and remembered the hacking kitten's name.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

IMO it'd be worth it for me as long as some people saw that clip and remembered the hacking kitten's name.

Fair enough.

It's also not likely to be acted upon because of its Posting in here.

Hope he sent it to the exploits email also.

• xDudisx.5914xDudisx.5914 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2017

Next time post on reddit.

What is incredible is that people have been using the same cheater for years and nothing happens. Does GW2 have any anti cheating system life most FPS games do?

• K THEN.5162K THEN.5162 Member ✭✭✭

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

This is the problem with reporting players using illegal software right now. While I do agree that for some issues such as grieving or scamming, public name shaming would be rather inappropriate for settling the issue BUT keep in mind that this player (with clear evidence) is utilizing an unfair/illegal advantage in a competitive game mode which is much more serious than an unpleasantly vocal player for example. By using hacks, that player is directly affecting not only the experience of opposing players but the overall score of WvW and gaining rewards/loot for something they would have otherwise not acquired if it wasn't for the unfair advantage. Because of these reasons, hacking is a very serious issue and should be shamed by the community AND the developers to prevent future use.

What happened to the developers that use to take action like in this video

WHAT?!? Did you expect something special would be written here

• Roxanne.6140Roxanne.6140 Member ✭✭✭

Because people probably cried about how much that kind of action hurt their feelings and how inappropriate it was. Not that I share that sentiment but you know.

• Zephyra.4709Zephyra.4709 Member ✭✭✭

Glad I'm not the only one; can confirm, OP.

I've reported this same player over the course of 3 days after encountering them each unfortunate time. It's utterly disgustingly obvious regarding their use of hacks combined with their particular choice of class (bruiser, sustain, pew pew druid of all things).

Nevertheless my first ever time encountering them was quite amusing - at the time I was running full zerk Gunflame warri and almost 1-shot them from a distance. They proceeded to speed-hack away yet I pursued; much to their dismay I managed to send them into the pits of downed-state with a final Gunflame.

I hope the proper course of action is taken against these players, justice, please.

• Ubi.4136Ubi.4136 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2017

Every time I see one of these naming threads, I count the minutes till it is deleted. Also, I add those named to my friends list just to see if they continue to log on day after day, month after month. More than 80% of those who were clearly shown to be hacking in videos still log in everyday off that list. They don't run passive tools looking for it, and they don't take action on those clearly hacking.

Carnished Toast (Yum)
    Lost in the Maguuma (TC)

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

@quick.7361 said:
    OK GW2 fans you either hate me or love me there is no in-between and I am Ok with whichever it is. However, this blatant speed hacking needs to be dealt with appropriately. You be the judge, jury, and executioner here.

I will look for this person on my na account (it's on IoJ paired with sos) and see if I can and record them in the act too.

• Offair.2563Offair.2563 Member ✭✭✭

@ K Then. That was nothing more then just a PR stunt. If anet was consistent for once they would do that to each and every cheater/hacker but nope.

Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and own you with experience.
    Big Babou, Ranger for life.

@quick.7361
    Have you tried what is suggested under this link? Hopefully you see this prior to the thread being closed/deleted

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13701/important-policies-and-processes-links-inside#latest

• @xDudisx.5914 said:

What is incredible is that people have been using the same cheater for years and nothing happens. Does GW2 have any anti cheating system life most FPS games do?

It will be locked on reddit, Anet has control on the reddit pages. I reported something for days with many others, video proof provided and nothing. I posted here and it was deleted as expected, within hours or less and I got a warning (I don't care, these people need to be known)....Troll still going at it, posted to reddit, thread locked without reason within 2 hours. Anet is about suppressing evidence of this behavior so people think it doesn't happen.

Out of all the hackers etc I have reported, I have never seen any banned, if they were, the match up changed before it happened, as I would see them day after day doing the same thing. I still report them mind you, but it's laughable how little is done about the problem. Most of these were not even combat related, but straight up taking zero dmg or walking up and through walls/doors of towers and keeps and solo capping. Better yet, there is an older video back in the day when one of the skills of I think from ele? Hammer I think it was, would let you port straight through tower/keep doors, without a doubt an exploit, the video was deleted off here, but was on YT still.....Of all people it was a Anet tagged player who used it to get into the tower, that alone should tell you allot.

"When you power creep the game and make it so that spam gameplay is nearly as effective as deep knowledge and nuance, the quality of players will decrease." -Exedore

• @TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@xDudisx.5914 said:

It will be locked on reddit, Anet has control on the reddit pages. I reported something for days with many others, video proof provided and nothing. I posted here and it was deleted as expected, within hours or less and I got a warning (I don't care, these people need to be known)....Troll still going at it, posted to reddit, thread locked without reason within 2 hours. Anet is about suppressing evidence of this behavior so people think it doesn't happen.

Out of all the hackers etc I have reported, I have never seen any banned, if they were, the match up changed before it happened, as I would see them day after day doing the same thing. I still report them mind you, but it's laughable how little is done about the problem. Most of these were not even combat related, but straight up taking zero dmg or walking up and through walls/doors of towers and keeps and solo capping. Better yet, there is an older video back in the day when one of the skills of I think from ele? Hammer I think it was, would let you port straight through tower/keep doors, without a doubt an exploit, the video was deleted off here, but was on YT still.....Of all people it was a Anet tagged player who used it to get into the tower, that alone should tell you allot.

its kitten when a game company punishes a player for bringing attention to a hacker feels like theyre just sweeping it under the rug and trying to suppress it

• @Strider Pj.2193 I sent a formal email to the devs last night. Thanks for the witch hunting remarks yesterday. I see no harm in public shaming someone we all know will receive no penalty for utilizing a hack. I posted more for the communities laughs.

@quick.7361 said:
    @Strider Pj.2193 I sent a formal email to the devs last night. Thanks for the witch hunting remarks yesterday. I see no harm in public shaming someone we all know will receive no penalty for utilizing a hack. I posted more for the communities laughs.

Maybe the 'witch hunting' comment wasn't referring to me, but if it was, please quote my comment that supports it?

Trying to be helpful as I agree, this player needs to go, so therefore, I am trying to ensure it gets to the right place.

• It was not referring to you Strider.

• Apparently, this kids been caught on candid camera b4 as well.

edited November 29, 2017

We had one tonight in T4, which is sad. CD flips SBI's keep and logs off. So we took it.
    There was a chrono in inner, we chase him completely out of the keep (no portal down)
    From the time is took us to run from Valley to Lang, he was already on the wall again (we kill him, no walls/doors down).
    We head towards SMC and hear they are once again back in Valley (no walls/doors down). Now porting people in past the outer (with it still up).
    Sadly, for the first hack exploit into the keep I was recording the wrong monitor. I got to recording the correct monitor to record their awesome placement of catas for inner...inside the walls so we couldn't attack them or the catas well. Then they ported people INTO the wall, so they would all be mostly safe from damage.
    ["")

Carnished Toast (Yum)
    Lost in the Maguuma (TC)

You want to know the funny thing about those 2 yb players that were exploiting to get into towers on my other thread? They only did so after they kept getting killed - I guess they wanted some kind of "revenge".

• Caedmon.6798Caedmon.6798 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2017

I should start recording aswell,the amount of hacking i see in wvw is mindnumbling.Remember a thief dressed as spiderman that could not take any dmg whatsoeever,stood inside red blobs with everyone smacking him while he didnt move and no dmg being done.Seeing lots of speed/teleport hacking aswell,somehow ppl being faster than me with no swift up while i have superspeed on rushing towards em,yet they simply outrun me.Seen a DH that was able to run straight through walls etc.
    Actually It'd be a day job to record em all.

It seems to have ramped up recently so maybe there is a new tool or a new build of their tool to circumvent stuff. Before I only used to see speedhacks then usually at one point you'll start seeing those downs that you can't stomp and tp away at every stomp (not the lag bug one) or they rally off nothing, then I think those get blocked and after another month or so it comes back. Guess they're all using the exploits before it gets blocked again. The ones where they get through gates needs to be fixed though, amongst others. Haven't seen the one like in the pvp vid before, using underwater skills but I've seen the ones where a class is using other classes skills. Speaking of speedhacking and tp'ing, I think this is the most common one I see in wvw. For some reason I see a lot of them using thieves (probably as an excuse if they get caught and say people don't know the class, or that it is harder to detect) and necro's (don't know why but maybe it's just the ones I come across - this was before pof came though).

• @DemonSeed.3528 said:
    It seems to have ramped up recently so maybe there is a new tool or a new build of their tool to circumvent stuff. Before I only used to see speedhacks then usually at one point you'll start seeing those downs that you can't stomp and tp away at every stomp (not the lag bug one) or they rally off nothing, then I think those get blocked and after another month or so it comes back. Guess they're all using the exploits before it gets blocked again. The ones where they get through gates needs to be fixed though, amongst others. Haven't seen the one like in the pvp vid before, using underwater skills but I've seen the ones where a class is using other classes skills. Speaking of speedhacking and tp'ing, I think this is the most common one I see in wvw. For some reason I see a lot of them using thieves (probably as an excuse if they get caught and say people don't know the class, or that it is harder to detect) and necro's (don't know why but maybe it's just the ones I come across - this was before pof came though).

You really, really over estimate anets effort. There is one that has been around for years that is posted and sold through one gaming forum, pretty sure its still like $10-15 and the hacks have never EVER been blocked for cheating reasons. The biggest "block" to the cheat? When the client moved to 64bit, the person was not ready for it and had to rewrite the program for the new client, before it was for the 32bit one only, there is a work around to that, which is to force the game into 32bit mode, but lots of people didn't know how to do this and you saw a large drop off of people hacking for a while. Lots of people gave up on it as the programmer who made it was not sure they were going to invest the time to rewrite it for 64bit. I do not know if that one ever got updated or not, but around that time a few others started to pop up, along with a number of free ones as well and seeing hackers again increased as these were 64bit from the start.

Keep in mind these are not super secret programs or custom hacking done, these are publicly available and most are free to DL and have free trials or are free out right, anet does not have to guess what its doing or how it works or what needs to be done to block them or at least how to check players to ban them, it's right there for them to DL and examine. However anet would have to care, they don't, the only actions they take are against people who talk or post about it. This post might actually get me my 3rd warning in 2 days for talking about hackers and trolls.

"When you power creep the game and make it so that spam gameplay is nearly as effective as deep knowledge and nuance, the quality of players will decrease." -Exedore

Yeah but they do usually have to be updated every patch sometimes, but you're right, they are never outright fixed on anets end. There is that one that I won't name, but the thread for that program has been active from a few years back until now - they always update their stuff, and it's like you said, it's not a big secret and easily found. It's high time something is done about it, as reporting doesn't seem effective and potentially gets the people who report it in trouble.

• @DemonSeed.3528 said:
    Yeah but they do usually have to be updated every patch sometimes, but you're right, they are never outright fixed on anets end. There is that one that I won't name, but the thread for that program has been active from a few years back until now - they always update their stuff, and it's like you said, it's not a big secret and easily found. It's high time something is done about it, as reporting doesn't seem effective and potentially gets the people who report it in trouble.

Some patches would break it due to game or file updates, but that was not related to the hack, rather it was changes to how and where given memory items are etc etc, and updating of the hack was done in 30min-2hrs, depending on if the programmer was available. Hell, anet breaks alot of its own things in it's updates, however updating the game and it resulting in a few hour at most stoppage of the hacking program on accident is not a counter. And most of the time the hack still worked, it only broke some features, things like wall walking or "no clipping" where you can walk through walls and doors almost always worked. Having talked with a few of the programmers, most of them admit it is very easy to do and they are shocked there are not more hacks out there. I assume that is because the ones out there now do everything people want, and with at least 3 I know of being free, there is no money in it for others. But think about that for a second, it is so easy that people making the hacks are doing it for free in their free time.

• ZhouX.8742ZhouX.8742 Member ✭✭✭

@K THEN.5162 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

This is the problem with reporting players using illegal software right now. While I do agree that for some issues such as grieving or scamming, public name shaming would be rather inappropriate for settling the issue BUT keep in mind that this player (with clear evidence) is utilizing an unfair/illegal advantage in a competitive game mode which is much more serious than an unpleasantly vocal player for example. By using hacks, that player is directly affecting not only the experience of opposing players but the overall score of WvW and gaining rewards/loot for something they would have otherwise not acquired if it wasn't for the unfair advantage. Because of these reasons, hacking is a very serious issue and should be shamed by the community AND the developers to prevent future use.

"competitive game mode "

LUL

• K THEN.5162K THEN.5162 Member ✭✭✭

@ZhouX.8742 said:
    "competitive game mode "

LUL

I was actually waiting for one of these comments to show up XD took longer than I thought

WHAT?!? Did you expect something special would be written here

I'd still like them to take action on players we have reported with video. Hell, there is a guy running around EB tapping our keep every 3 minutes right now, who is definitely playing "outside the box" if you know what I mean. Even his location is wrong. He is cleary running around on "Eternal Battlegrounds," but his location says he is in "World vs. World".
    https://imgur.com/a98lc2D.jpeg

Carnished Toast (Yum)
    Lost in the Maguuma (TC)

• atheria.2837atheria.2837 Member ✭✭✭

@quick.7361 said:

We have more and more hackers in WvW now than EVER before.

Why the silence Anet?

Tell us why.

• @atheria.2837 said:

@quick.7361 said:

We have more and more hackers in WvW now than EVER before.

Why the silence Anet?

Tell us why.

Contact [email protected]
    If you don't get a response within the week, message @Chris Cleary.8017 here.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Ben K.6238Ben K.6238 Member ✭✭✭

@Ubi.4136 said:
    I'd still like them to take action on players we have reported with video. Hell, there is a guy running around EB tapping our keep every 3 minutes right now, who is definitely playing "outside the box" if you know what I mean. Even his location is wrong. He is cleary running around on "Eternal Battlegrounds," but his location says he is in "World vs. World".

That's normal for players on opposing servers.

edited December 3, 2017

@Ben K.6238 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

That's normal for players on opposing servers.

No it's not. I keep a list of speed hackers and keep tappers so I can see if they are on my map. Every player on my server and those on my list from other servers all show the borderland map or eternal battlegrounds as their location...except this one player.

Carnished Toast (Yum)
    Lost in the Maguuma (TC)

• Ben K.6238Ben K.6238 Member ✭✭✭

I've seen the "World vs. World" location quite frequently on players who are currently on the same map from a different server. At any rate, that's the GW2 servers providing that information; it's not something you could theoretically hack client-side.

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 3, 2017

@Hitman.5829 said:

this as well :P since ANet treats unblocks to bypass wall of reflection and absortion domes as well...

Guys ANet solutiond to this is ... will be an increase on power creep.... LAWL

P.S ANet .. this guys can solo pve bosses :) maybe this way u guys can pay atention to actually is hapening to your game....

• ArmageddonAsh.6430ArmageddonAsh.6430 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

He will be punished, the hacker will be ignored either way. Nothing ever gets done about them because Anet simply doesnt care enough. They just sweep it under the rug and put their fingers in their ears and pretend to hear nothing. Its been like that since release. They simply just dont care.

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

Just looks like lag to me.

You know that was funny ;-)

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• Can anybody tell me please what that back item is on the second clip of this post?? Thank you.

• @quick.7361 said:

Can anybody tell me please the back item that he is wearing in the second clip??

• @K THEN.5162 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

I think we all know the reason why you aren't allowe dto shame or out anyone here. If you were allowed to do that then alot of people would out someone just because they think they see a hacker even if they don't.
    Even if some cases are pretty obvious theres tons of times where people have called 'hacker' on people and it turned out they simply jsut don't understand some class mechanics. Therefore it should be up to the staff members that deal with report issues to decide whether action should be taken, and not by an angry mob.

• Kamara.4187Kamara.4187 Member ✭✭✭

The other soulbeast had a speed buff up at the moment and considering they can get a 33% speed boost just from their templates I really didn't see anything out of the norm, but it did look like a lag spike happened during the pursuit. shrugs

"Love thy enemy, for without them there would be no WvW."

Nothing of what those guys are doing is "lag spikes". There is a clear difference in people playing with lag, and people taking an extra 10 foot hop all the time. The video clearly shows the guy taking "extra" jumps that are not caused by lag.

Carnished Toast (Yum)
    Lost in the Maguuma (TC)

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.