Game Crash & Disconnection Issues [merged]

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i actually filed a bug report yesterday about all this stuttering problem. BUT i have to say that w10 pro has no problem with it. just w7/w8.1.But reading this tread i came to the conclusion that my mouse is not the issue with rotating the view :)And by the way. those are discussion not bug reports. again. don't confuse a forum with a bug reportto report the bug just go herehttps://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/requests/newand describe it there.And pray that some1 will answer. especially this period of the year :)

My crashes started about the end of the Halloween event. I filled a bug report about the ffffffff ffffffff memory address could not be read, back November. My ticket (#6698571) even got escalated. I received a very professional treatment from the 2 Anet employees, but unfortunately they were unable to solve the crashes on my side and the ticket got closed.

So far, 3x computer formatting, 4x game full reinstall. I even tried older Windows 10 version, older Nvidia drivers, no AV. Nothing fixed my crashes.

@Praffy.4091 said:

@NitricRose.1863 said:I can't even get the game started, crashes soon after the initial in-game screen is displayed.

try repair option or delete the .dat file completely and wait for the game to download it again. but second options takes a lot of time and band.

Tried, the repair and that didn't help.Something's wrong with the graphics. The character loading screen (when it gets that far) does not display correctly and is very slow. When it does get to the UI without crashing, again, very slow.

@Kreeping Doom.2890 said:I reported this to Arena well over a year ago, and got no solution from them then. I come back to the game and it's still going on. Random crashes during instances and almost always at the end of the missions. All I got from them was packet loss or time outs even though I proved it wasn't. I really wish this would get fixed.

check your cpu (temps)/memories. i had similar issues and after i clean them and the rest, including replacing the thermal paste on cpu, everything was back to normal.also its a good idea to check memories (windows memory diagnostic tool)only this game had problems. no other game had any issue.another problem i had during that time was firefox crashing from time to time.i have no clue what fix it but it sure helped to clean it up. probably thermal paste on cpu although i've never checked temps during the game :)

Try downloading Microsoft direct x runtimes. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109 It has helped me a lot. Because this game runs on direct x 9.0 c and most people now a days have dx11 this will help you a lot better on how the game performs. I have had my game crash reboot and so on in the past. Memory tests are fine. No it's not over heating or gpu fan issues. Overclocking and all these other things do not affect the game. So none of this it's you temps, memory, fans, overclocking being the problem. It's an older game engine. People can run a gtx 1080 on this and still have issues.

This issue has been plaguing me lately.

As many others, I'm also on Windows 10 64-bit, fully up-to-date with latest drivers etc.The main difference I've seen among other posts, is that I run a dual monitor setup, which allows me to actually alt+tab.So to all those who might've been doubting whether it was just GW2 or the entire system locking up, it's just GW2.I'd be on Discord with my buddies and the game would freeze, usually in the inventory or character screen. Then I'd still be able to talk to them, switch to taskmanager, end task, reboot, and back in the game.I've tried the Repair function, didn't help.

Some times the game lets me play for hours without issue. Other times, like yesterday, I had the crash 3 times within an hour and then not anymore for several hours.Today it's been 30 minutes and it's frozen again.

This is very annoying though. Really wish there was a fix for it...

Hi, I'm having this same issue, 3 times yesterday, first time is doing it. My temps are normal, I did not make any changes to soft or hardware, issue started for me yesterday: game freezes and I need to wait 2 or 3 solid minutes to which I'll just be dead by now >:c

I must say this bug is quite intriguing as it shows no impact for some players but a total crash for others. Common factors that are ruled out are nvidia or amd builds, windows version, etc. It is almost like there is either 1) a communication flaw with the clients causing data loss or 2) a corrupted line in an update that is not easily repaired through the rebuild tools.

So strange. I do get the occasional connection loss to server, but that is typical net routing these days. It happens. But with this particular bug, it just doesn't make much sense as to who is and who is not affected.

Also seeing freezes in GW2.

As a new player to GW2, this has been rather frustrating.

The bug is unrelated to GPU temp, CPU temp, and affects no other game I play.It is unrelated to length of time in play during the session. Sometimes 3 minutes, 20 minutes, or more will pass before the freeze/crash. Sometimes 8 hours, no problems.

Windows 7, updatedAMD FX-8350 4 Ghz, 16GB memory, RX 460.

I am also seeing Live Kernel Reports that seem to be related to these freezes. The first few lines of a report related to one is shown below. Graphics drivers are properly updated. Is anyone else seeing these dmp files after a GW2 crash? On my machine, the folder is C:/Windows/LiveKernelReports/WATCHDOG.

An extract from the analysis of the latest dump file, using OSR Online's .dmp analysis (online at http://www.osronline.com):

Crash Dump Analysis provided by OSR Open Systems Resources, Inc. (http://www.osr.com)Online Crash Dump Analysis ServiceSee http://www.osronline.com for more informationWindows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTSBuilt by: 7601.23915.amd64fre.win7sp1_ldr.170913-0600Machine Name:Kernel base = 0xfffff800`0301e000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03260750Debug session time: Tue Jan  2 13:05:44.014 2018 (UTC - 5:00)System Uptime: 0 days 0:29:40.965********************************************************************************                                                                             **                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    **                                                                             ********************************************************************************VIDEO_TDR_TIMEOUT_DETECTED (117)The display driver failed to respond in timely fashion.(This code can never be used for real bugcheck).Arguments:Arg1: fffffa8012ed5010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).Arg2: fffff8800497a99c, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g owner tag).Arg3: 0000000000000000, The secondary driver specific bucketing key.Arg4: 0000000000000000, Optional internal context dependent data.

I have been experiencing this problem since last year. I am not sure if this is due to my slow internet connection or the game itself. One thing is for sure, I hate games that crash like this. Might leave for good hahaha. Would feel bad about the money I spent for the expansion pack though.

this has happened to me a handful of times since I started playing in October or so.

Computer locks up and task manager can’t close it out. Have to restart the computer via the little button at bottom right of the ctrl alt delete page.

Windows 10. Very new and very nice computer. All other games going fine. Drivers are up to date.

Has anyone having the issue ever fully uninstalled and deleted the game and freshly installed?

My guildmates and I have experienced freezes and losing game connection for the past couple of months. It would happen to one or more of us while in a party or playing solo. About the last week of December I started crashing to the blue screen with hideous screeching sounds every time I was on the game. No chance to shut down anything...a total and complete crash. This happened only while on GW2. I've done scans, updated drivers, deleted unused software and blew dust out of my tower. Was about to find a tech shop to give my computer the once over when I was told about this thread of similar complaints. Actually I've been Crash free for 2 days now on GW. Maybe Wintersday being gone has helped. I'm feeling your pain.