been away for awhile...whats these... — Guild Wars 2 Forums

been away for awhile...whats these...

Tom.6478Tom.6478 Member ✭✭

Explosions I've been seeing?
They seem to be random and as far as I can tell, and seem to have no effect on anything.

Comments

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Tom.6478 said:
    Explosions I've been seeing?
    They seem to be random and as far as I can tell, and seem to have no effect on anything.

    the effect shows that the enemy zerg is near.

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • It's a bug and one of the devs thinks they have a fix (although maybe not). We'll see with next patch.

    "Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 3, 2018

    @Sovereign.1093 said:

    @Tom.6478 said:
    Explosions I've been seeing?
    They seem to be random and as far as I can tell, and seem to have no effect on anything.

    the effect shows that the enemy zerg is near.

    No, it shows that the enemy is far away.

    To spread further knowledge about this silently Anet approved cheat/hack: look towards the explosions. Center them exactly in front of you. Now trace a line straight forward. At a range of ~5000 units or more, there will be a door - you can deduce which one. You can stand in north camp and see if someone attack briar or lake doors. If there are lots of explosions, you are looking at a 30+ man attacking the objective, even if orange swords havent popped yet. When the explosions stop, they have breached the door.

    Simple and effective zerg radar.

    Any commander not using catas even for basic objectives is a moron giving away his location. Unless he wants to.

  • X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Guys...its a bug that happens at random times...stop with the ridiculous conspiracy theories and put away the tinfoil hats...

    BG

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @X T D.6458 said:
    Guys...its a bug that happens at random times...stop with the ridiculous conspiracy theories and put away the tinfoil hats...

    It's still not random. Try it out the next time it happens. 100% predictable.

  • JustDemons.4358JustDemons.4358 Member ✭✭✭

    This bug has nothing to do with Wvw on its own. u have the same explosions and noises in open world pve. i read a couple of times this bug is tied to the skimmer mount. idk if that is true but i think i saw some official respond about it.

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 3, 2018

    @JustDemons.4358 said:
    This bug has nothing to do with Wvw on its own. u have the same explosions and noises in open world pve. i read a couple of times this bug is tied to the skimmer mount. idk if that is true but i think i saw some official respond about it.

    Its most definetly not. Its player attacks vs certain "static" objects. Doors in WvW is one example. The Tarir meta is another. Behemoth. Etc and so on. The "explosions" you are seeing is the impact effects of player attacks not culling properly at distance - once you go within proper rendering distance (ie you start seeing player models) the effect will trigger at the correct location.

  • Klipso.8653Klipso.8653 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Particle effects from skills used on objects do not cull correctly when the player attacking is out of sight range. The effect pops up next to you, which makes it easy to see if a door is being attacked somewhere on the map in that direction.

    -Balwarc [ICoa]

  • Odinens.5920Odinens.5920 Member ✭✭✭

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @Sovereign.1093 said:

    @Tom.6478 said:
    Explosions I've been seeing?
    They seem to be random and as far as I can tell, and seem to have no effect on anything.

    the effect shows that the enemy zerg is near.

    No, it shows that the enemy is far away.

    To spread further knowledge about this silently Anet approved cheat/hack: look towards the explosions. Center them exactly in front of you. Now trace a line straight forward. At a range of ~5000 units or more, there will be a door - you can deduce which one. You can stand in north camp and see if someone attack briar or lake doors. If there are lots of explosions, you are looking at a 30+ man attacking the objective, even if orange swords havent popped yet. When the explosions stop, they have breached the door.

    Simple and effective zerg radar.

    Any commander not using catas even for basic objectives is a moron giving away his location. Unless he wants to.

    Doesn't explain why you see them out in PvE land tho, so.......

  • Klipso.8653Klipso.8653 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Odinens.5920 said:

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @Sovereign.1093 said:

    @Tom.6478 said:
    Explosions I've been seeing?
    They seem to be random and as far as I can tell, and seem to have no effect on anything.

    the effect shows that the enemy zerg is near.

    No, it shows that the enemy is far away.

    To spread further knowledge about this silently Anet approved cheat/hack: look towards the explosions. Center them exactly in front of you. Now trace a line straight forward. At a range of ~5000 units or more, there will be a door - you can deduce which one. You can stand in north camp and see if someone attack briar or lake doors. If there are lots of explosions, you are looking at a 30+ man attacking the objective, even if orange swords havent popped yet. When the explosions stop, they have breached the door.

    Simple and effective zerg radar.

    Any commander not using catas even for basic objectives is a moron giving away his location. Unless he wants to.

    Doesn't explain why you see them out in PvE land tho, so.......

    Destructible objects

    -Balwarc [ICoa]

  • Offair.2563Offair.2563 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 3, 2018

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @JustDemons.4358 said:
    This bug has nothing to do with Wvw on its own. u have the same explosions and noises in open world pve. i read a couple of times this bug is tied to the skimmer mount. idk if that is true but i think i saw some official respond about it.

    Its most definetly not. Its player attacks vs certain "static" objects. Doors in WvW is one example. The Tarir meta is another. Behemoth. Etc and so on. The "explosions" you are seeing is the impact effects of player attacks not culling properly at distance - once you go within proper rendering distance (ie you start seeing player models) the effect will trigger at the correct location.

    Please tell me why i see em even in guild halls when im all alone there.

    Edit; or spawns when theres obviously nothing around to be attacked. Nice theory crafting on a bug though.

    Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and own you with experience.
    Big Babou, Ranger for life.

  • LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Offair.2563 said:

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @JustDemons.4358 said:
    This bug has nothing to do with Wvw on its own. u have the same explosions and noises in open world pve. i read a couple of times this bug is tied to the skimmer mount. idk if that is true but i think i saw some official respond about it.

    Its most definetly not. Its player attacks vs certain "static" objects. Doors in WvW is one example. The Tarir meta is another. Behemoth. Etc and so on. The "explosions" you are seeing is the impact effects of player attacks not culling properly at distance - once you go within proper rendering distance (ie you start seeing player models) the effect will trigger at the correct location.

    Please tell me why i see em even in guild halls when im all alone there.

    Edit; or spawns when theres obviously nothing around to be attacked. Nice theory crafting on a bug though.

    Fine, don't believe it.
    Just follow the pops once, see where they lead.

    [HUNT] the predatory instinct

  • RodOfDeath.5247RodOfDeath.5247 Member ✭✭✭

    Regardless of the theories, get rid of it. Been there too long and we need some progress made.

  • I think that the fact that this glitch has been around for so long yet again shows how much they dont care about WvW.

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Offair.2563 said:

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @JustDemons.4358 said:
    This bug has nothing to do with Wvw on its own. u have the same explosions and noises in open world pve. i read a couple of times this bug is tied to the skimmer mount. idk if that is true but i think i saw some official respond about it.

    Its most definetly not. Its player attacks vs certain "static" objects. Doors in WvW is one example. The Tarir meta is another. Behemoth. Etc and so on. The "explosions" you are seeing is the impact effects of player attacks not culling properly at distance - once you go within proper rendering distance (ie you start seeing player models) the effect will trigger at the correct location.

    Please tell me why i see em even in guild halls when im all alone there.

    Edit; or spawns when theres obviously nothing around to be attacked. Nice theory crafting on a bug though.

    It's not bloody theory crafting. It's a literal door attack radar. Is it the only thing causing the explosions? No, obviously not. But in WvW, it's blatantly obvious.

    I joined WvW today and within like 3 minutes I heard explosions and could see exactly what direction the zerg is even without looking at the map. In this example video rushjob, orange swords have popped so it makes it all the easier to point out (I dont have to record myself running to lake just to verify the zerg is the there taking the tower, lol).

  • X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Buy Some Apples.6390 said:
    I think that the fact that this glitch has been around for so long yet again shows how much they dont care about WvW.

    Or...and just stay with me here...it might not be as easy to fix as some think...oOoOo

    BG

  • X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @Offair.2563 said:

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @JustDemons.4358 said:
    This bug has nothing to do with Wvw on its own. u have the same explosions and noises in open world pve. i read a couple of times this bug is tied to the skimmer mount. idk if that is true but i think i saw some official respond about it.

    Its most definetly not. Its player attacks vs certain "static" objects. Doors in WvW is one example. The Tarir meta is another. Behemoth. Etc and so on. The "explosions" you are seeing is the impact effects of player attacks not culling properly at distance - once you go within proper rendering distance (ie you start seeing player models) the effect will trigger at the correct location.

    Please tell me why i see em even in guild halls when im all alone there.

    Edit; or spawns when theres obviously nothing around to be attacked. Nice theory crafting on a bug though.

    It's not bloody theory crafting. It's a literal door attack radar. Is it the only thing causing the explosions? No, obviously not. But in WvW, it's blatantly obvious.

    I joined WvW today and within like 3 minutes I heard explosions and could see exactly what direction the zerg is even without looking at the map. In this example video rushjob, orange swords have popped so it makes it all the easier to point out (I dont have to record myself running to lake just to verify the zerg is the there taking the tower, lol).

    /facepalm...Stop it...just stop it...What did I tell you about that tinfoil hat :astonished:?

    BG

  • @X T D.6458 said:

    @Buy Some Apples.6390 said:
    I think that the fact that this glitch has been around for so long yet again shows how much they dont care about WvW.

    Or...and just stay with me here...it might not be as easy to fix as some think...oOoOo

    Or, get this, the temp devs they hire are so bad at coding, and are assigned so little time to do things for WvW during the rare occasions they are told to tweak something, that they kitten it up and that is why it might not be as easy to fix. Assuming they will eventually get around to assigning another temp dev to look at it for a couple of minutes before being dragged back to PvE.

  • LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Gotta have them skinner boxes ready, miss a launch date and the zombies might get agitated.
    It's not like you've got as many competitors vying for your dollar as the pvers .
    and besides......

    [HUNT] the predatory instinct

  • Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Tom.6478 said:
    Explosions I've been seeing?
    They seem to be random and as far as I can tell, and seem to have no effect on anything.

    It's a "feature".

    Necro. Never knowingly blasting combo fields since 2012.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.