You know you are playing a Reaper when... — Guild Wars 2 Forums

You know you are playing a Reaper when...

You are as useful to your team as a BannerSlave that doesnt place the Banners.....
Oddly Similar DPS, Exactly the same group utility.

<1

Comments

  • Lahmia.2193Lahmia.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    ...when you get killed by an assaulter rank base warrior only for you to reroll condi scourge then hunt him down and kill him with relative ease.

    "Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death."

  • LadyKitty.6120LadyKitty.6120 Member ✭✭✭

    ...when you carry the squad thru with those sweet blood magic traits. While doing more damage than most of the DPSers in squad.

    It's Kitty. The young lady who streams and records videos playing various (non-)metabuilds. Raid/fractal videos at youtube.com/LadyKitty, announcements and news at twitter.com/LadyKittyGW2 and streams at twitch.tv/ladykittygw2 . Build guides at https://kittymarks.wixsite.com/kittymarks .

  • When, somehow, the rest of your team drops before you do.

    Asura Necro
    "Be excellent to each other." - Wild Stallions

  • Core necro is stronger than you

  • Oldirtbeard.9834Oldirtbeard.9834 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 8, 2018

    When you start leveling a Dragon Knight in another game so that you can raid in another game in order to avoid the META.

    “The only watchmaker is the blind forces of physics.”
    ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

  • Nilson.9865Nilson.9865 Member ✭✭✭

    when after music starts playing in your head "You spin me right round, baby right round"

  • My chef is better DPS than reaper...

  • Zoltreez.6435Zoltreez.6435 Member ✭✭✭

    @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:
    When you start leveling a Dragon Knight in another game so that you can raid in another game in order to avoid the META.

    Thats Eso...
    The meta there is
    DK tank
    Templar Healer
    Stam NB DPS
    Sorc for soloing and the higest Dps....

    you build any other way you turn unwanted in End game pve like a necro....
    you cant avoid MMO meta by switching MMOs buddy.....

  • Oldirtbeard.9834Oldirtbeard.9834 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Zoltreez.6435 said:

    @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:
    When you start leveling a Dragon Knight in another game so that you can raid in another game in order to avoid the META.

    Thats Eso...
    The meta there is
    DK tank
    Templar Healer
    Stam NB DPS
    Sorc for soloing and the higest Dps....

    you build any other way you turn unwanted in End game pve like a necro....
    you cant avoid MMO meta by switching MMOs buddy.....

    Deltias Gaming sure looks more open minded than you're suggesting, and have you actually talked to any one in ESO lately because they sure as heck don't sound like GW2 Raiders.

    Here is some build diversity

    http://deltiasgaming.com/#

    “The only watchmaker is the blind forces of physics.”
    ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

  • Zoltreez.6435Zoltreez.6435 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2018

    @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

    @Zoltreez.6435 said:

    @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:
    When you start leveling a Dragon Knight in another game so that you can raid in another game in order to avoid the META.

    Thats Eso...
    The meta there is
    DK tank
    Templar Healer
    Stam NB DPS
    Sorc for soloing and the higest Dps....

    you build any other way you turn unwanted in End game pve like a necro....
    you cant avoid MMO meta by switching MMOs buddy.....

    Deltias Gaming sure looks more open minded than you're suggesting, and have you actually talked to any one in ESO lately because they sure as heck don't sound like GW2 Raiders.

    Here is some build diversity

    http://deltiasgaming.com/#

    you know that Deltia gived up on Eso after Clockwork city right ? that will be his last guide lol

    Also im playing eso since beta.... and its the same in ALL mmos when you get to high end stuff.... and yes the momment you bring a Sorc tank NB tank you will be laughed at and wont be accepted except if your in a guild who accepts it.... hell people dont realy like to bring anything else then DK tanks to high end stuff for tanking...
    For dps ? Stacks Stam NBs and Magsorcs all day.....

    its the same BS everywhere.... no matter the mmo... the only way to escape it is to get an open minded guild that dont want to sell even their soul for 5% more dmg...

  • arenta.2953arenta.2953 Member ✭✭✭

    you know your playing a reaper when everyone keeps telling you to switch to scourge.........

    f scourge. i have a greatsword. deal with it.

  • Oldirtbeard.9834Oldirtbeard.9834 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2018

    @Zoltreez.6435 said:

    @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

    @Zoltreez.6435 said:

    @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:
    When you start leveling a Dragon Knight in another game so that you can raid in another game in order to avoid the META.

    Thats Eso...
    The meta there is
    DK tank
    Templar Healer
    Stam NB DPS
    Sorc for soloing and the higest Dps....

    you build any other way you turn unwanted in End game pve like a necro....
    you cant avoid MMO meta by switching MMOs buddy.....

    Deltias Gaming sure looks more open minded than you're suggesting, and have you actually talked to any one in ESO lately because they sure as heck don't sound like GW2 Raiders.

    Here is some build diversity

    http://deltiasgaming.com/#

    you know that Deltia gived up on Eso after Clockwork city right ? that will be his last guide lol

    Also im playing eso since beta.... and its the same in ALL mmos when you get to high end stuff.... and yes the momment you bring a Sorc tank NB tank you will be laughed at and wont be accepted except if your in a guild who accepts it.... hell people dont realy like to bring anything else then DK tanks to high end stuff for tanking...
    For dps ? Stacks Stam NBs and Magsorcs all day.....

    its the same BS everywhere.... no matter the mmo... the only way to escape it is to get an open minded guild that dont want to sell even their soul for 5% more dmg...

    I guess I lucked out with my first and only guild so far, but then a Trade Guild probably pays more attention to markets than DPS spreadsheets.

    However he just live streamed the PTR, released a new video build guide, and did a live stream with Sitrig and Elloa.

    “The only watchmaker is the blind forces of physics.”
    ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

  • Zoltreez.6435Zoltreez.6435 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2018

    @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

    @Zoltreez.6435 said:

    @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

    @Zoltreez.6435 said:

    @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:
    When you start leveling a Dragon Knight in another game so that you can raid in another game in order to avoid the META.

    Thats Eso...
    The meta there is
    DK tank
    Templar Healer
    Stam NB DPS
    Sorc for soloing and the higest Dps....

    you build any other way you turn unwanted in End game pve like a necro....
    you cant avoid MMO meta by switching MMOs buddy.....

    Deltias Gaming sure looks more open minded than you're suggesting, and have you actually talked to any one in ESO lately because they sure as heck don't sound like GW2 Raiders.

    Here is some build diversity

    http://deltiasgaming.com/#

    you know that Deltia gived up on Eso after Clockwork city right ? that will be his last guide lol

    Also im playing eso since beta.... and its the same in ALL mmos when you get to high end stuff.... and yes the momment you bring a Sorc tank NB tank you will be laughed at and wont be accepted except if your in a guild who accepts it.... hell people dont realy like to bring anything else then DK tanks to high end stuff for tanking...
    For dps ? Stacks Stam NBs and Magsorcs all day.....

    its the same BS everywhere.... no matter the mmo... the only way to escape it is to get an open minded guild that dont want to sell even their soul for 5% more dmg...

    I guess I lucked out with my first and only guild so far, but then a Trade Guild probably pays more attention to markets than DPS spreadsheets.

    However he just live streamed the PTR, released a new video build guide, and did a live stream with Sitrig and Elloa.

    thats interesting he said clockwork will be his last ? or maybe this will be his last sorry but im too lazy to search around his posts but im 100% sure he mentioned it that he stops doing these for eso...

    NVM found it

    http://deltiasgaming.com/2017/04/20/leaving-elder-scrolls-online/
    .

  • When you stopped playing.

  • Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭

    When you stop playing any necro profession, quit guildwars to play a real dmg nercomancer (warlock from wow) not just pretending you do dmg

  • @Zoltreez.6435 said:

    thats interesting he said clockwork will be his last ? or maybe this will be his last sorry but im too lazy to search around his posts but im 100% sure he mentioned it that he stops doing these for eso...

    NVM found it

    http://deltiasgaming.com/2017/04/20/leaving-elder-scrolls-online/
    .

    He is actually back playing the game again, he took a break and tried different stuff on his channel and then came back to ESO around late October. He made a video on why he came back saying it was because he missed playing the game when he took a break from it, but I think the large dip of views on his channel played a huge part. Used to play ESO inbetween GW2 when I was bored but after they screwed up my Templar with the Morrowind update I kind of gave up on it.

  • Oldirtbeard.9834Oldirtbeard.9834 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Hell I miss GW2, I mean I'm having fun In ESO but it feels like I get more accomplished playing GW2, I think it's because of the huge zones but these quest lines are so long I found myself getting frustrated after 8 hours getting a quarter through a map. My DK while fun takes for ever to kill anything, and now I'm in Coldharbor and its so dreary I can't stomach it.

    Has Reapers public image Improved in end game PVE?

    “The only watchmaker is the blind forces of physics.”
    ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

  • Ayumi Spender.1082Ayumi Spender.1082 Member ✭✭✭✭

    When you go "Nope, I don't like any of this."
    I will be in the minority, but I've always hated Reaper and stayed a Core Necro up until Scourge came along.
    Couldn't find one thing I liked about Reaper except for that one skill I can't remember that can spawn a lot of little horror minions.
    Well, I "liked" it. I never actually tried it due to not liking the rest of Reaper.

  • Reaper used to be awesome class (my first main) until decay rate nerfed to 5% from original 3% in previous balance...

  • ReaverKane.7598ReaverKane.7598 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

    @Zoltreez.6435 said:

    @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:
    When you start leveling a Dragon Knight in another game so that you can raid in another game in order to avoid the META.

    Thats Eso...
    The meta there is
    DK tank
    Templar Healer
    Stam NB DPS
    Sorc for soloing and the higest Dps....

    you build any other way you turn unwanted in End game pve like a necro....
    you cant avoid MMO meta by switching MMOs buddy.....

    Deltias Gaming sure looks more open minded than you're suggesting, and have you actually talked to any one in ESO lately because they sure as heck don't sound like GW2 Raiders.

    Here is some build diversity

    http://deltiasgaming.com/#

    Pretty sure you never raided in GW2 from this comment.

  • @DarkForcE.9210 said:
    Reaper used to be awesome class (my first main) until decay rate nerfed to 5% from original 3% in previous balance...

    So much this...I miss being able to sit in my reaper form for nearly entire bosses soaking up hits for people.

  • @Runiir.6425 said:

    @DarkForcE.9210 said:
    Reaper used to be awesome class (my first main) until decay rate nerfed to 5% from original 3% in previous balance...

    So much this...I miss being able to sit in my reaper form for nearly entire bosses soaking up hits for people.

    Ye I do miss the tankiness. But hopefully this will pave the way for even more damage boosts as Shroud cannot be relied on so heavily as a defense mechanism anymore, which was what was keeping the devs from giving necro, reaper specifically, more damage.

  • Dadnir.5038Dadnir.5038 Member ✭✭✭✭

    You know you are playing reaper when you have this awesome kitten look that seem to be shorter and shorter with every update...

  • Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @arenta.2953 said:
    you know your playing a reaper when everyone keeps telling you to switch to scourge.........

    f scourge. i have a greatsword. deal with it.

    You know your playing a reaper when your greatsword is not that great after all.

    Necro. Never knowingly blasting combo fields since 2012.

  • arenta.2953arenta.2953 Member ✭✭✭

    @Svarty.8019 said:

    @arenta.2953 said:
    you know your playing a reaper when everyone keeps telling you to switch to scourge.........

    f scourge. i have a greatsword. deal with it.

    You know your playing a reaper when your greatsword is not that great after all.

    say that to nightfall, death spiral, and grasping darkness

  • Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @arenta.2953 said:

    @Svarty.8019 said:

    @arenta.2953 said:
    you know your playing a reaper when everyone keeps telling you to switch to scourge.........

    f scourge. i have a greatsword. deal with it.

    You know your playing a reaper when your greatsword is not that great after all.

    say that to nightfall, death spiral, and grasping darkness

    I don't have to. You're dead before you can do them.

    Necro. Never knowingly blasting combo fields since 2012.

  • @Methuselah.4376 said:

    @Runiir.6425 said:

    @DarkForcE.9210 said:
    Reaper used to be awesome class (my first main) until decay rate nerfed to 5% from original 3% in previous balance...

    So much this...I miss being able to sit in my reaper form for nearly entire bosses soaking up hits for people.

    Ye I do miss the tankiness. But hopefully this will pave the way for even more damage boosts as Shroud cannot be relied on so heavily as a defense mechanism anymore, which was what was keeping the devs from giving necro, reaper specifically, more damage.

    That is the point though. The Necro was built for condition damage, and to be tanky. I fully wish they would revert the reaper back to being the tank it used to be. I used to just tank hit after hit after hit and keep right on going. Was my damage great? It wasn't anything impressive for the dps list chasers but it was respectable. The point of necromancers has never been burst nor to be highest on the charts. The point of the necromancer has always been to be like a lich, unkillable unless you focus them down with a craptonne of options to just take the hits and keep right on going, with damage sapping at you no matter what you do as no one has enough cleanses to keep themselves safe.

    I mean back before HoT I used to roam as a necromancer solo, and people would always /hate/ coming across me. Sure...I wasn't going to catch you if you ran away, but /nothing/ you did was going to kill me either. Meeting me in roaming was like coming across a steel wall in a hallway. If you faught me you either died
    because you were too stubborn for your own good or you ran away as there was nothing I could do to keep you in range. When we first got reaper I was ecstatic. The point of the reaper was to be a movie monster, slowly moving but /always/ moving forward. Inevitability was the theme of reaper. It was neve rmeant to hit exceptionally hard in a single burst, it was meant to take hit after hit after hit and continue moving forward. I used to just charge right through some aoes on purpose with reaper to make people nervous as it wouldn't have the effect they wanted to push me back. Now? They neutered the reaper. You can't take those hits and they didn't give us anything to compensate for it. Forcing us into scourge. Yet in HoT base necromancer was still viable at all levels. Was usefull in WvW, I was still able to use it in sPvP (nigh always as wellmancer or summoner)...along comes PoF and reaper basically gets gutted into near worthlessness, I mean base necromancer seems to do better at what a necromancer is supposed to do in my opinion.

  • arenta.2953arenta.2953 Member ✭✭✭

    @Svarty.8019 said:

    @arenta.2953 said:

    @Svarty.8019 said:

    @arenta.2953 said:
    you know your playing a reaper when everyone keeps telling you to switch to scourge.........

    f scourge. i have a greatsword. deal with it.

    You know your playing a reaper when your greatsword is not that great after all.

    say that to nightfall, death spiral, and grasping darkness

    I don't have to. You're dead before you can do them.

    then u must suck with reaper.
    cause with reaper shroud. its easy to use the skills.

  • Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @arenta.2953 said:

    @Svarty.8019 said:

    @arenta.2953 said:
    you know your playing a reaper when everyone keeps telling you to switch to scourge.........

    f scourge. i have a greatsword. deal with it.

    You know your playing a reaper when your greatsword is not that great after all.

    say that to nightfall, death spiral, and grasping darkness

    Nightfall is easy dodgeable and slow hitting. Grasping darkness... oh well.
    It can get blocked, denied by stability, easyly evaded, doenst affect people with magnetic aura and the most important part:
    Most of the time it vanishes into tyrian space and doesnt do anything after casting it

  • Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @arenta.2953 said:

    @Svarty.8019 said:

    @arenta.2953 said:

    @Svarty.8019 said:

    @arenta.2953 said:
    you know your playing a reaper when everyone keeps telling you to switch to scourge.........

    f scourge. i have a greatsword. deal with it.

    You know your playing a reaper when your greatsword is not that great after all.

    say that to nightfall, death spiral, and grasping darkness

    I don't have to. You're dead before you can do them.

    then u must suck with reaper.
    cause with reaper shroud. its easy to use the skills.

    Not really. With the meta right now: oneshot everything.

    Its not possible. If u meet any good opponent he will laugh at you and oneshot u even if you go into shroud.

    Maybe if anet takes away 10k dps from each class. Then this might be the game where you actually could play necro in solo roaming or 1v1

  • @Runiir.6425 said:

    @Methuselah.4376 said:

    @Runiir.6425 said:

    @DarkForcE.9210 said:
    Reaper used to be awesome class (my first main) until decay rate nerfed to 5% from original 3% in previous balance...

    So much this...I miss being able to sit in my reaper form for nearly entire bosses soaking up hits for people.

    Ye I do miss the tankiness. But hopefully this will pave the way for even more damage boosts as Shroud cannot be relied on so heavily as a defense mechanism anymore, which was what was keeping the devs from giving necro, reaper specifically, more damage.

    That is the point though. The Necro was built for condition damage, and to be tanky. I fully wish they would revert the reaper back to being the tank it used to be. I used to just tank hit after hit after hit and keep right on going. Was my damage great? It wasn't anything impressive for the dps list chasers but it was respectable. The point of necromancers has never been burst nor to be highest on the charts. The point of the necromancer has always been to be like a lich, unkillable unless you focus them down with a craptonne of options to just take the hits and keep right on going, with damage sapping at you no matter what you do as no one has enough cleanses to keep themselves safe.

    I mean back before HoT I used to roam as a necromancer solo, and people would always /hate/ coming across me. Sure...I wasn't going to catch you if you ran away, but /nothing/ you did was going to kill me either. Meeting me in roaming was like coming across a steel wall in a hallway. If you faught me you either died
    because you were too stubborn for your own good or you ran away as there was nothing I could do to keep you in range. When we first got reaper I was ecstatic. The point of the reaper was to be a movie monster, slowly moving but /always/ moving forward. Inevitability was the theme of reaper. It was neve rmeant to hit exceptionally hard in a single burst, it was meant to take hit after hit after hit and continue moving forward. I used to just charge right through some aoes on purpose with reaper to make people nervous as it wouldn't have the effect they wanted to push me back. Now? They neutered the reaper. You can't take those hits and they didn't give us anything to compensate for it. Forcing us into scourge. Yet in HoT base necromancer was still viable at all levels. Was usefull in WvW, I was still able to use it in sPvP (nigh always as wellmancer or summoner)...along comes PoF and reaper basically gets gutted into near worthlessness, I mean base necromancer seems to do better at what a necromancer is supposed to do in my opinion.

    I think the theme of tankiness should just be delegated to core necro (it needs to have something going for it lol). I think that's why they left Death Shroud decay as it was. I respectfully disagree with you; Reaper SHOULD be hitting hard, the devs said so when they introduced it the spec as a slow but hard hitting class. You're a reaper of death after all, you SHOULD be causing havoc on the battle field.

  • Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Methuselah.4376 said:

    @Runiir.6425 said:

    @Methuselah.4376 said:

    @Runiir.6425 said:

    @DarkForcE.9210 said:
    Reaper used to be awesome class (my first main) until decay rate nerfed to 5% from original 3% in previous balance...

    So much this...I miss being able to sit in my reaper form for nearly entire bosses soaking up hits for people.

    Ye I do miss the tankiness. But hopefully this will pave the way for even more damage boosts as Shroud cannot be relied on so heavily as a defense mechanism anymore, which was what was keeping the devs from giving necro, reaper specifically, more damage.

    That is the point though. The Necro was built for condition damage, and to be tanky. I fully wish they would revert the reaper back to being the tank it used to be. I used to just tank hit after hit after hit and keep right on going. Was my damage great? It wasn't anything impressive for the dps list chasers but it was respectable. The point of necromancers has never been burst nor to be highest on the charts. The point of the necromancer has always been to be like a lich, unkillable unless you focus them down with a craptonne of options to just take the hits and keep right on going, with damage sapping at you no matter what you do as no one has enough cleanses to keep themselves safe.

    I mean back before HoT I used to roam as a necromancer solo, and people would always /hate/ coming across me. Sure...I wasn't going to catch you if you ran away, but /nothing/ you did was going to kill me either. Meeting me in roaming was like coming across a steel wall in a hallway. If you faught me you either died
    because you were too stubborn for your own good or you ran away as there was nothing I could do to keep you in range. When we first got reaper I was ecstatic. The point of the reaper was to be a movie monster, slowly moving but /always/ moving forward. Inevitability was the theme of reaper. It was neve rmeant to hit exceptionally hard in a single burst, it was meant to take hit after hit after hit and continue moving forward. I used to just charge right through some aoes on purpose with reaper to make people nervous as it wouldn't have the effect they wanted to push me back. Now? They neutered the reaper. You can't take those hits and they didn't give us anything to compensate for it. Forcing us into scourge. Yet in HoT base necromancer was still viable at all levels. Was usefull in WvW, I was still able to use it in sPvP (nigh always as wellmancer or summoner)...along comes PoF and reaper basically gets gutted into near worthlessness, I mean base necromancer seems to do better at what a necromancer is supposed to do in my opinion.

    I think the theme of tankiness should just be delegated to core necro (it needs to have something going for it lol). I think that's why they left Death Shroud decay as it was. I respectfully disagree with you; Reaper SHOULD be hitting hard, the devs said so when they introduced it the spec as a slow but hard hitting class. You're a reaper of death after all, you SHOULD be causing havoc on the battle field.

    But for that: you need to be alive.
    Even if we get gravedigger to hit, it has 3/4 seconds casttime? In that time, other classes can oneshot you, while u are in the animation, or easily interrupt you. So at least a little bit more stability would be nice

  • When they said slow moving they literally meant it from pathetic mobility options to cast times and slow animations. If even the shouts arent instant give us more dmg. Why so.. slo w.

  • Methuselah.4376Methuselah.4376 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 21, 2018

    @Nimon.7840 said:

    @Methuselah.4376 said:

    @Runiir.6425 said:

    @Methuselah.4376 said:

    @Runiir.6425 said:

    @DarkForcE.9210 said:
    Reaper used to be awesome class (my first main) until decay rate nerfed to 5% from original 3% in previous balance...

    So much this...I miss being able to sit in my reaper form for nearly entire bosses soaking up hits for people.

    Ye I do miss the tankiness. But hopefully this will pave the way for even more damage boosts as Shroud cannot be relied on so heavily as a defense mechanism anymore, which was what was keeping the devs from giving necro, reaper specifically, more damage.

    That is the point though. The Necro was built for condition damage, and to be tanky. I fully wish they would revert the reaper back to being the tank it used to be. I used to just tank hit after hit after hit and keep right on going. Was my damage great? It wasn't anything impressive for the dps list chasers but it was respectable. The point of necromancers has never been burst nor to be highest on the charts. The point of the necromancer has always been to be like a lich, unkillable unless you focus them down with a craptonne of options to just take the hits and keep right on going, with damage sapping at you no matter what you do as no one has enough cleanses to keep themselves safe.

    I mean back before HoT I used to roam as a necromancer solo, and people would always /hate/ coming across me. Sure...I wasn't going to catch you if you ran away, but /nothing/ you did was going to kill me either. Meeting me in roaming was like coming across a steel wall in a hallway. If you faught me you either died
    because you were too stubborn for your own good or you ran away as there was nothing I could do to keep you in range. When we first got reaper I was ecstatic. The point of the reaper was to be a movie monster, slowly moving but /always/ moving forward. Inevitability was the theme of reaper. It was neve rmeant to hit exceptionally hard in a single burst, it was meant to take hit after hit after hit and continue moving forward. I used to just charge right through some aoes on purpose with reaper to make people nervous as it wouldn't have the effect they wanted to push me back. Now? They neutered the reaper. You can't take those hits and they didn't give us anything to compensate for it. Forcing us into scourge. Yet in HoT base necromancer was still viable at all levels. Was usefull in WvW, I was still able to use it in sPvP (nigh always as wellmancer or summoner)...along comes PoF and reaper basically gets gutted into near worthlessness, I mean base necromancer seems to do better at what a necromancer is supposed to do in my opinion.

    I think the theme of tankiness should just be delegated to core necro (it needs to have something going for it lol). I think that's why they left Death Shroud decay as it was. I respectfully disagree with you; Reaper SHOULD be hitting hard, the devs said so when they introduced it the spec as a slow but hard hitting class. You're a reaper of death after all, you SHOULD be causing havoc on the battle field.

    But for that: you need to be alive.
    Even if we get gravedigger to hit, it has 3/4 seconds casttime? In that time, other classes can oneshot you, while u are in the animation, or easily interrupt you. So at least a little bit more stability would be nice

    I do agree Reaper needs some defenses. All I was saying was that shroud now serves more as an offensive tool. Maybe they could rework the shout trait that also adds Aegis when a shout is used, or have one shout reworked slightly that it would block the next 3 incoming attacks. More stability would indeed be nice, but with the Scourge meta, stability serves as a free fear for the Scourges.

  • @Svarty.8019 said:

    @arenta.2953 said:

    @Svarty.8019 said:

    @arenta.2953 said:
    you know your playing a reaper when everyone keeps telling you to switch to scourge.........

    f scourge. i have a greatsword. deal with it.

    You know your playing a reaper when your greatsword is not that great after all.

    say that to nightfall, death spiral, and grasping darkness

    I don't have to. You're dead before you can do them.

    I mean, if it's 5v1, sure. Gs definitely has its limits (like the kitten bug on gs5 pull, ANET PLEASE FIX THIS), but if you use it right it can hit like a kitten truck. Obviously if you do something like fight a lb ranger with only your gs, you're gonna have a bad time :P

  • Crinn.7864Crinn.7864 Member ✭✭✭✭

    The problem with reaper is that they pushed it away from being a bruiser and pushed it into a glass cannon role. The problem however is that Reaper is a terrible platform to be a glass cannon. Reaper is a melee class with long cast times and limited ability to stick to a target, because of this our high damage skills are very difficult to land, which makes our "high damage shroud" very unreliable and inconsistent in it's damage in a practical situation. This means that most of the time we simply get out sustained. Previously before all of the defensive nerfs to reaper, we where able to win fights by simply staying alive until our opponent ran out of cooldowns, but that is no longer a useable strategy for us.

    Sanity is for the weak minded
    YouTube

  • fix shroud 2 - sometimes it charges in the wrong direction or don't even reach the player (i think u know what i mean)
    fix greatsword pull - sometimes it doesn't work even if im clearly in range and casting it in right direction

    and it will be fine for me

  • It is like they really don't know what they want Necromancer's to be. Our shroud has no defenses... which is bloody stupid, while in shroud our defenses against /everything/ should INCREASE, an enemies goal in life should be preventing us from using shroud to avoid the high defenses and secondary health bar.
    The Necromancer needs something. Every time they create a niche for Necro we get the Niche taken from us. Base Necro was originally the condition master...applying AND corrupting. Now? Everyone can spam conditions like crazy, and our corrupting ability (outside of Scourge) is nothing special.
    Reaper was supposed to be this movie monster thing but...what is a huge part of movie monsters? Their ability to take load of punishment and keep right on coming while ripping through everything. Bruiser is a great term for the role that Reaper should have maintained, able to absorb and dish damage well, but slow. It was BALANCED. Thent hey took away our ability to take hits and left us with the slow hits... which is decidedly not balanced. Turning us into glass cannons that can't do the primary aspect of a glass canon, hit fast and repeatedly.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.