The first step is to separate guilds into 2 categories, giving them different features.
- Shorter name space (and names regulated by ANet in the Guild Wars gamemode)
- No Representing or Guild Tags
- No Leveling system
- No Guild Buffs or claiming
- No Guild Hall
- No PvP Teams
- No Guild Missions
- Access to the new “Guild Wars” feature
- Only 1 per account at a time (5 guilds total)
- Unique color chat (still considered a Guild chat with /g1, /g2, etc.)
- Representing and Guild Tags
- Longer names and less name regulation by ANet
- Leveling System and Progression
- Guild Buffs and Claiming
- Guild Hall
- PvP Teams
- Guild Missions
- No access to the “Guild Wars” feature
- Same color chat
- Up to 5 per account (5 guilds total)
Then change the existing WvW gameplay:
- Remove all servers (giving servermates adequate time to prepare for the new system by creating a new coalition guild and inviting all former servermates)
- Potentially remove an ABL since there will potentially be less players in matchups.
Recreate it into the New “Guild Wars” System:
Guild Wars – Weekly matches fought between coalition guilds using WvW maps, tracked via an official leaderboard.
- Coalition Guilds can sign up for “Guild Wars” if they have at least 300 members.
- Coalition Guilds will automatically be matched again as long as they remain above this threshold.
- If a player leaves a Coalition Guild, they cannot participate in Guild Wars for a full week after leaving. Thus rapid bandwagoning comes at a cost.
- All currently existing Guilds will remain as Community Guilds.
- All new guilds will have an option to be either a Coalition Guild or Community Guild with adequate information provided about each option. A Coalition Guild cannot be created if the player is already part of another Coalition Guild.
Thus the system is self-sustaining and player driven.
Under the new “Guild Wars” system, server transfers would no longer be a factor, and bandwagoning Coalition Guilds would only get you so far (500 members). Coalitions will break naturally and new ones will form rather than the long struggle we have now. Players from the same guild will be able to play with one another. "Server Transfers" will essentially be open and free. Players can join a Coalition that matches their playstyle (casual, hardcore, etc.) and be ranked against other Coalitions via an official leaderboard. And lastly,** Guild Wars will finally have an in-game rather than lore meaning.**
Please provide your feedback below. Thanks!