Good graphics options to turn off/lower for WvW? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Good graphics options to turn off/lower for WvW?

Oglaf.1074Oglaf.1074 Member ✭✭✭✭

My laptop can clear my usual content such as raids with no problems, but big zerg-on-zerg fights makes it struggle a bit.

What are some high impact options one could turn off?

Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

Comments

• Nuka Cola.8520Nuka Cola.8520 Member ✭✭✭✭

shadows (set to medium, there's barely any gain past medium), number of peeps on screen (set it to lowest). That's mostly it. Game is running on an engine from the 18th century and is very poorly optimized so poor fps in wvw (in a zerg or near one) is all you can expect in gw2.

• Olli.9028Olli.9028 Member ✭✭

gw2 in wvw is kust cpu limited so turn down the settings that are cpu related, most important
    char limit and quality + effect lod
    mire in depth here https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3hnyt3/guild_wars_2_performance_guide_mk_ii/

• CrimsonNeonite.1048CrimsonNeonite.1048 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 6, 2018

I get 60-30 FPS, no matter what I change in large scale, but lowering character limit and model quality made things a tad smoother, like a 3-5 fps difference.

• ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7, 2018

Character model limit (probably lowest if your comp struggles), shadows, reflections, and post processing can be turned down. I'd try to get character model quality a bit higher if possible so you can actually tell stuff apart. Also turn on effect lod to reduce strain/prevent from going blind.

The rest of the settings probably won't really be much of an impact and in a lot of cases beyond complete potatoes, it will just make it uglier for no appreciable gain. You're probably going to see more impact just by closing other programs.

• Arlette.9684Arlette.9684 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7, 2018

Deleted.
    /15char

Vae Victus!
    [Hcm] Promotraitor

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

off shadow and all reflects.

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

I run everything max except character model limit which is set to lowest. I Generally avoid 50v50 wvw gameplay though.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• Oglaf.1074Oglaf.1074 Member ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the replies, everyone. ;)

Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

• You will know you are doing it right when everyones armor looks like SNES pixels and matches their team color.

• ProverbsofHell.2307ProverbsofHell.2307 Member ✭✭✭✭

Honestly wish graphics in WvW were saved separately (like raid graphics in WoW).

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.