"I'd Really Like this..." - New Gifting Strangers

Alatar.7364

@Linken.6345 said:

@TsokGR.7106 said:Ι am playing this game for 20 days now and i think this is the game i was looking for but... I would love a storage expand :P . My bank is so small so I can not keep items or materials. I dont know if it is giftable but i need almost 220 g to buy it (800 gems) and I can not spend money to buy gems (at least right now). Never seen it on sale too.

Its been 20% of not to long ago think it was hallowen. Sadly if I remember right account upgrades arent giftable.

Thanks a lot about your reply :) I think I am gonna need almost 200g to buy it :D

@shiroecchi.5706 said:Hello dear fellow forum users!I dont know, if its possible, to make it happen, but theres any ways to request 1 thing for my friend?How its been possible?

The suggested item its an: Identity Repair KitIts possible to i wish it for me, and send it to my friend directly via ingame mail?

unfortunately you can't send items that have been sent to you to your friend (not gem store items anyway), so I'd suggest putting your friend's account name in the request details. maybe make it bigger so it is clear to see that your friend's account is where to send it not to you.

@Linken.6345 said:if you read abit further you see this

Share Your DesireIf you desire #an item# from within the game or from the gem store or trading post (unable to afford it/unable to log in while it is temporarily on sale), please do not hesitate to make mention of your desire here. Perhaps there is a generous and kind-hearted player keeping an eye on this thread for another player such as you to make their desire known!

highlited the important part with ##

I read that. It doesn't say I can only ask for one item, however. It says that I have the ability to ask for an item, but it doesn't specifically say that I can only ask for an item. It goes out of its way to say that I can only make one request, but that request can be any number of items, as other requests have shown (asking for large amounts of varied crafting materials) especially if they're working toward a singular goal, which mine is, completing the set I want for one of my characters.

So, yeah. You're just harassing me at this point for no legitimate reason. How about you just leave it be and move on? It isn't against the rules and it isn't hurting anyone for me to have simply asked for something in a thread that's all about asking for things.

@trianglecubed.3750 said:

Share Your DesireIf you desire #an item# from within the game or from the gem store or trading post (unable to afford it/unable to log in while it is temporarily on sale), please do not hesitate to make mention of your desire here. Perhaps there is a generous and kind-hearted player keeping an eye on this thread for another player such as you to make their desire known!

I read that. It doesn't say I can only ask for one item, however. It says that I have the ability to ask for an item, but it doesn't specifically say that I can only ask for an item. It goes out of its way to say that I can only make one request, but that request can be any number of items, as other requests have shown (asking for large amounts of varied crafting materials) especially if they're working toward a singular goal, which mine is, completing the set I want for one of my characters.

So, yeah. You're just harassing me at this point for no legitimate reason. How about you just leave it be and move on? It isn't against the rules and it isn't hurting anyone for me to have simply
asked
for something in a thread that's all about asking for things.

I think you are missing the spirit of the original post in the original thread. This was never supposed to be about asking for legendaries or really expensive things. People just turned it into that and asking for other stuff like shadow abyss dye and precursors. These are very expensive items.

They did say that asking for help with a component of legendary was okay. For example in my original request I asked for help with some materials. Heck even my post may have been inappropriate. I tried to make it very clear that I was not asking for a precursor or a legendary. I asked for help with elder wood, mithril, or any tier 6 mat. I also tried to make it clear that I wasn’t asking for all of it, but only if people had some spare.

It may have been better to just ask for 250 elder wood planks. Something like that is reasonable. Cost less than 10g. And is helpful to newer players who likely only have like 50 silver. I didn’t end up getting any help, but I followed the rules and said that my desire had been self fulfilled. Maybe that is a cheaper gift than what the OP is thinking, but I highly doubt the OP was thinking of gifts worth hundreds or even thousands of gold.

I think that people asking for prohibitively expensive items, asking for multiple items, and posting multiple requests has led to people monitoring the thread and some toxicity, which I’m sure the OP never wanted.

He just wanted a giving community to help out others with reasonable requests.

@nottsgman.8206 said:

@shiroecchi.5706 said:Hello dear fellow forum users!I dont know, if its possible, to make it happen, but theres any ways to request 1 thing for my friend?How its been possible?

Edited the whole comment (ive got an answer for my question) - My desire sits below

unfortunately you can't send items that have been sent to you to your friend (not gem store items anyway), so I'd suggest putting your friend's account name in the request details. maybe make it bigger so it is clear to see that your friend's account is where to send it not to you.

And IF I mention my friends gametag, who already got an item, but i don't want anything, but I'd like to help my friend, its possible to he get an another thing? I resign my opportunity to get anything for his sake?

@Majirah.5089 said:

So, yeah. You're just harassing me at this point for no legitimate reason. How about you just leave it be and move on? It isn't against the rules and it isn't hurting anyone for me to have simply
asked

I think you are missing the spirit of the original post in the original thread. This was never supposed to be about asking for legendaries or really expensive things. People just turned it into that and asking for other stuff like shadow abyss dye and precursors. These are very expensive items.

They did say that asking for help with a component of legendary was okay. For example in my original request I asked for help with some materials. Heck even my post may have been inappropriate. I tried to make it very clear that I was not asking for a precursor or a legendary. I asked for help with elder wood, mithril, or any tier 6 mat. I also tried to make it clear that I wasn’t asking for all of it, but only if people had some spare.

It may have been better to just ask for 250 elder wood planks. Something like that is reasonable. Cost less than 10g. And is helpful to newer players who likely only have like 50 silver. I didn’t end up getting any help, but I followed the rules and said that my desire had been self fulfilled. Maybe that is a cheaper gift than what the OP is thinking, but I highly doubt the OP was thinking of gifts worth hundreds or even thousands of gold.

I think that people asking for prohibitively expensive items, asking for multiple items, and posting multiple requests has led to people monitoring the thread and some toxicity, which I’m sure the OP never wanted.

Actually, if you read the original post, it specifically says right in Part 1:

If you desire an item from within the game or from the gem store or trading post (unable to afford it/unable to log in while it is temporarily on sale), please do not hesitate to make mention of your desire here

If you want to avoid toxicity in this thread, the best way is probably not to make and post self-righteous judgements about other peoples' requests.

It seems much more in line with the thread's intent to ask for a precursor you will probably, almost definitely, never get, than to ask for something you could gather perfectly well yourself.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

asked

If you desire an item from within the game or from the gem store or trading post (unable to afford it/unable to log in while it is temporarily on sale), please do not hesitate to make mention of your desire here

If you want to avoid toxicity in this thread, the best way is probably not to make and post self-righteous judgements about other peoples' requests.

It seems much more in line with the thread's intent to ask for a precursor you will probably, almost definitely, never get, than to ask for something you could gather perfectly well yourself.

Yes but the guy we respond to dident ask for a precursor he asked for 2 legendaries.

@shiroecchi.5706 said:

The suggested item its an: Identity Repair KitIts possible to i wish it for me, and send it to my friend directly via ingame mail?

And IF I mention my friends gametag, who already got an item, but i don't want anything, but I'd like to help my friend, its possible to he get an another thing? I resign my opportunity to get anything for his sake?

Dont think that work mate since there is people with 2,3,5 or 10 accounts that could then use them to get request up to however many accounts they have to benifit their main account.

ok...after reading some of the last few posts...lets all breathe.

I'm an "old-timer" on this thread. I asked for assistance with Charged Lodestones and Wintersday Drinks that anyone had spare(I kept a running count of each one in my thread updated anytime I added to it or someone sent me some), and had many help me out in creating Mjolnir and Winter's Presence. (Granted, I did this before the hard and fast rule of "ask for 1 thing" was set.

Just remember asking for "1 thing" can be help with mats for a specific item, like we have seen in posts like "250 mitril ingots, and 250 elder wood logs" to make the Legendary "Thing-A-Ma-Bob". Just only ask for help for the "1 thing".

Asking for a Legendary or Precursor outright is not a bad thing, but don't expect it to be granted, cause its just not very likely. If it does happen, Congrats! You won the lottery that day. :) And do try to keep it at 1 thing if its something like that.

I as well have played since Betas and have exactly 0 Legendaries. I am working on Crafting my first9 and it is taking a long kitten time), but I have never seen a precursor drop or anything.

Remember:

1. We all play this game to have fun.
  2. Please try to keep the spirit of the original idea(asking for help with mats or completing something in game and perhaps a "reasonable" gemstore item(yes yes, I know, 'reasonable' can vary from person to person...just use common sense and don't be greedy), but not really for a gift of a high dollar/ticket item) of this thread alive and part of any request you make.
  3. Be Excellent to each other. We're all here to have fun.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

asked

Edit: deleted post. No point in continuing this. I’ve already said my piece. I like the idea of this venture. Hopefully it will continue for a long time.

Hello fellow guildies,

I want to apologise beforehand since I'm seeing a lot of people asking for help with those pesky mystic coins. I really like the legendary The Shining Blade and was hoping to complete it all by myself but lately it's become really hard to get the last components I need for it and I feel a little disheartened. :c

So far I've managed to craft :
Save The Queen2 Gift of Condensed Magic2 Gift of Condensed MightReally close to finishing Gift of insights.Gift of MaguumaClose to finishing Gift of the Bladeand some other necessary components

And the kicker is that I still need 381 Mystic coins and 231 Amalgamated gemstone. I know they're hella expensive in bulk like that so any help with any amount of these will be very much appreciated !

Bless you friends ! ^o^;

**Edit : I finally, managed to craft my sword, people sent me 15 mystic coins which I'm grateful for and the rest I managed by myself. ^O^;

Good luck friends ! **

@"Xeneth.9260" said:Hello fellow guildies,

I want to apologise beforehand since I'm seeing a lot of people asking for help with those pesky mystic coins. I really like the legendary The Shining Blade and was hoping to complete it all by myself but lately it's become really hard to get the last components I need for it and I feel a little disheartened. :c

So far I've managed to craft :

Save The Queen2 Gift of Condensed Magic2 Gift of Condensed MightReally close to finishing Gift of insights.Gift of MaguumaClose to finishing Gift of the Bladeand some other necessary components

And the kicker is that I still need 381 Mystic coins and 231 Amalgamated gemstone. I know they're hella expensive in bulk like that so any help with any amount of these will be very much appreciated !

Bless you friends ! ^o^;

Mystic coins ( 0 / 381 )Amalgamated gemstones ( 0/ 231)

PS: I'm on EU server.

Hiya.

Congratulations on achieving all that have so far on your journey to crafting your desired legendary! Well done.

Also, thank you for itemizing your desire with counts as was requested so potential gifters can see exactly what you still desire.

However, I noticed that you are currently still Rank 1 "Recruit" on the forums which causes you to be unable to update the counts on your items in this post due to "Recruit" only having a 4 hour window to edit comments once they are made.

If you would be so kind as to please:

• Comment in 5 different threads total on the forums to attain the "Member" forum rank (2 star rank) which removes your comment edit time limitation.

You will then be able to edit the item counts in this post via the gear icon in the top-right of your post without restriction if/when you receive assistance.

Thank you very much!

Note to all prospective desire posters:

As noted in the Forum FAQ thread, Recruit rank has a 4 hour window to edit comments - Member rank has no edit window limitation.

• Making a desire post as "Recruit" forum rank and then making an additional post to state receipt of assistance is not the correct way to participate in this thread.

• Potential gifters who read through the thread will see your original desire post as still being there stating you desire the item(s) and they would not know it was fulfilled (partially or fully) unless they read further on through the thread and find your new post stating so.

• Failing to ensure you are Member rank on the forums prior to making your desire post may limit any assistance with the item(s) you may receive. As potential gifters know you will be unable to update your post to state receipt of assistance, they may be unlikely to provide assistance they otherwise may have.

To be absolutely clear on this request of desire posters:

• Please achieve at least "Member" rank on the forums if you wish to participate in this thread.

Comment in 5 different threads total on the forums to attain the "Member" forum rank (2 star rank) which removes your comment edit time limitation.You will then be able to edit your original desire post via the gear icon in the top-right of your post if/when you receive any assistance.

Thank you.

So now, I'm qualified myself to this opportunity, to make a wish.

My story:

• My best friend will have a birthday at this months 16th, and really love to present a gift for him, and I like to purchase for him a [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Digital_Deluxe_Upgrade](Digital Deluxe Upgrade "Digital Deluxe Upgrade").
  • I sold all of my matterials from my bank, and with my gold in my pocket its total: 377 gold. So far, I need more ~223 gold so far needed for the suggested 2000 gem.I don't know, its possible to purchase a DDU as a gift, but if its not, than I will send the gold to him.

So for now, I have:377 gold out of ~600

My desire:- Needed 223 gold (Got golds so far to achive my goal: 35g 0s 0c)or some items what I can sell trough TP to get the goal

EDIT:As I mentioned, thank you so much for your help!Thank you so much for your helps dear donors!!!!Censured donators list:

• Aiw***.****
  • JHL

@"shiroecchi.5706" said:So now, I'm qualified myself to this opportunity, to make a wish.

My story:

• My best friend will have a birthday at this months 16th, and really love to present a gift for him, and I like to purchase for him a [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Digital_Deluxe_Upgrade](Digital Deluxe Upgrade "Digital Deluxe Upgrade").
  • I sold all of my matterials from my bank, and with my gold in my pocket its total: 377 gold. So far, I need more ~223 gold so far needed for the suggested 2000 gem.

I don't know, its possible to purchase a DDU as a gift, but if its not, than I will send the gold to him.

My desire:- Needed 223 gold (Got golds so far to achive my goal: 0g 0s 0c)or some items what I can sell trough TP to get the goal

If anyone have some spareable coins for my friend, please send it to me, to make his present.PS: If you want to "donate" my desire with items, its ok, I will personally tahnk for everyone their kind!

Thank you SO MUCH for your help and for your efforts, I hope, you can help me to make his "ingame" Birthday party much more better! :)Have a nice day all of you!

You cant gift account upgrades and remember that your friend can only take out 500 gold from his mail a week.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"shiroecchi.5706" said:So now, I'm qualified myself to this opportunity, to make a wish.

My story:
  • My best friend will have a birthday at this months 16th, and really love to present a gift for him, and I like to purchase for him a [
    Deluxe Upgrade "Digital Deluxe Upgrade").
  • I sold all of my matterials from my bank, and with my gold in my pocket its total: 377 gold. So far, I need more ~223 gold so far needed for the suggested 2000 gem.

I don't know, its possible to purchase a DDU as a gift, but if its not, than I will send the gold to him.

My desire:
- Needed 223 gold (Got golds so far to achive my goal: 0g 0s 0c)
or some items what I can sell trough TP to get the goal

If anyone have some spareable coins for my friend, please send it to me, to make his present.PS: If you want to "donate" my desire with items, its ok, I will personally tahnk for everyone their kind!

Thank you SO MUCH for your help and for your efforts, I hope, you can help me to make his "ingame" Birthday party much more better! :)Have a nice day all of you!

You cant gift account upgrades and remember that your friend can only take out 500 gold from his mail a week.

Thank you so much for your informations !If the ammount of money will achieved and mailed, he would wait that week t get out the remaining golds in that case :)Anyways it would be an awesome gift if we can manage it for him :)

~~Ah, I'm finally a Member and able to post on the forums!

I just have one small, tiny request. I'd really, really like a Total Makeover Kit for my Sylvari. There's a hairstyle and face that I just absolutely love in combination and would love to have them on my character. If anyone could help me out with one, that would be so lovely! I can update the post when I've gotten one.~~

My wish has been fulfilled! Thank you so, so very much!

Hello guys. I have a little request if anyone wants to give me a hand. I'm crafting my first legendary (The Bifrost) and i almost completed all the gifts but today i saw that i need 100 unind dyes for Gift of Color , and i'm short of gold, since they were eaten by Mystic Clovers. If anyone is kind to help me with some unind dyes, would be great and a step closer to my Bifrost.Thank you in advance for whom ever will help me.

@gridorian.2159 said:Hello guys. I have a little request if anyone wants to give me a hand. I'm crafting my first legendary (The Bifrost) and i almost completed all the gifts but today i saw that i need 100 unind dyes for Gift of Color , and i'm short of gold, since they were eaten by Mystic Clovers. If anyone is kind to help me with some unind dyes, would be great and a step closer to my Bifrost.Thank you in advance for whom ever will help me.

Just mentioning, if you have laurels, the laurel vendor sells them for 5 each. Hope that helps a little. (I'm working on Bifrost, too.)

@"crashburntoo.7431" sent me a message, they didn't want to clutter up the thread, but wanted to add: "I saw your post in the Gift thread regarding Laurels for Unidentified Dyes, and I was about to post that buying Tier 3/4 mats and selling on the TP and then buying the Unidentified Dyes might be better (even after taxation)."

Hello everyone! First of all, I love this thread, I haven't posted here before but I love reading through the posts and I love seeing how much this community helps each other!

And now I need help myself, I'm currently working on finishing my Astralaria (which will be my first legendary Weapon after soon to be 6 Years), I'm only missing the Crystalline Ore and a few Amalgament Gemstones, so no issues there only something that I have to invest time into. Another thing is, I really want the Snow Diamond Infusion so I'm saving my gold for that. And at the same time I also need Gold for some Gemstore things because I don't have enough money in RL to spend on GW2 and I've been thinking that it'd be nice to have a sort of piggy bank for the gemstore things I want (namely Abaddons Mask and 4 Specific Mount Skins from the Mount Adoption Licenses).

So if you guys could help me gather some gold besides what I'm already saving up for the Snow Diamond Infusion I'd be eternally thankful! :)[server: EU]

I'll leave this list here for later editing (I'll cross out everything I have received):

Small note about the Mount Adoptation Licenses

! Note for all ANet associates: I still strongly dislike the Mount Adoptation Licenses, they are well priced but locking anything behind pure RNG is a terrible. IMO all Skins from the Licenses should be tradable so that everyone could at least trade away every Skin he/she didn't care about to begin with.

Thanks for every and any help in advance! :)

I'm going to keep this as concise as possible.I've leveled up 5 characters now but I want a 6th (thief) which is why I want the: Character Slot Expansion

It costs 800 gems, which is around 220 gold right now. I already have 70 gold (I'm poor now after grinding my soul away from the Griffon; I also just received a generous donation [Jan 24th] thank you so much!) so that now would be 130 GoldIf anyone actually fulfills this I think I would explode ;-;

Server: EU

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all,

This is my first time doing this kind of request, so here goes! I am currently working on the Astralaria at the moment, I just need help with making the Mystic Tribute since I already have used my resources towards my first HoT Legendary weapon. Below is a list of the materials that I need in order to make the Gift of Mystic Tribute. Any mats that are sent to me are greatly appreciated. I'm on a US server. You can send me mail containing the materials at my Mesmer main Lady Illusionnix. I already have the Gift of Cosmos, I just need help with pushing towards my goal of getting the galaxy axe.

Mystic Coins (28/250)Ectoplasm (57/250)

Again, thanks in advance for all of your help in helping me to make my first HoT Legendary!