Why no Ascended Runes and Sigils yet?

Swagger.1459

Because the exotic ones are what the game is balanced towards? You don't need Runes or Sigils above exotic quality.In fact them being exotic is incidental, there's only master, rare and exotic quality, for your complaint to be plausible there would have to be common and fine quality ones as well.The 3 quality levels only address the stats on them (ie master (minor) runes have 2 item bonus, rare (major) have 4 and exotic (superior) have 6), also since you only have 6 armor pieces where would you equip the final two for ascended ones?

What would ascended runes and sigils be? Whatever you improve can’t affect your stats or battle effects. So whats left? Visual effects? That would be nice, though.Upgrade a sigil to.. for example:Sigil of Smoldering: next attack after swapping causes burning for 2 seconds.Legendary Sigil of Smoldering (Rodgort) a burst of flames occurs when you critical hit.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:What would ascended runes and sigils be? Whatever you improve can’t affect your stats or battle effects. So whats left? Visual effects? That would be nice, though.Upgrade a sigil to.. for example:Sigil of Smoldering: next attack after swapping causes burning for 2 seconds.Legendary Sigil of Smoldering (Rodgort) a burst of flames occurs when you critical hit.

game has already to much visual clutter.... no more effects plz.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:What would ascended runes and sigils be? Whatever you improve can’t affect your stats or battle effects. So whats left? Visual effects? That would be nice, though.Upgrade a sigil to.. for example:Sigil of Smoldering: next attack after swapping causes burning for 2 seconds.Legendary Sigil of Smoldering (Rodgort) a burst of flames occurs when you critical hit.

Yep, too many particles will induce seizures qw561351qvgsd,lagbaghawg..

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

@"Ayakaru.6583" said:What would ascended runes and sigils be? Whatever you improve can’t affect your stats or battle effects. So whats left? Visual effects? That would be nice, though.Upgrade a sigil to.. for example:Sigil of Smoldering: next attack after swapping causes burning for 2 seconds.Legendary Sigil of Smoldering (Rodgort) a burst of flames occurs when you critical hit.

Yep, too many particles will induce seizures qw561351qvgsd,lagbaghawg..

@ReaverKane.7598 said:Because the exotic ones are what the game is balanced towards? You don't need Runes or Sigils above exotic quality.In fact them being exotic is incidental, there's only master, rare and exotic quality, for your complaint to be plausible there would have to be common and fine quality ones as well.The 3 quality levels only address the stats on them (ie master (minor) runes have 2 item bonus, rare (major) have 4 and exotic (superior) have 6), also since you only have 6 armor pieces where would you equip the final two for ascended ones?

Wrong, the game coudl use Ascended Runes and Sigils as part of finalyl giving this game

1) a functional official own Build Template System which allows it to quickly switch out also Upgrade Efftcs for your Builds, for which you need to get all of them into an accountbound system - only possible with accountbound Ascended Runes and Sigiols to be implemented as account unlockables, which would make them very valuable items!!

2) to have something, that is a good reason to finalyl implement Jeweler 500, as only Jewelers woudl know the technique how to improve Exotic Upgrades into acended ones, givign this Craftign Job finally back a proper reason for its existance, sicne Anet drowns this game with too easy to receive Ascended Accessoires, so that Ascended Accssoire Craftign could never become a good reason for Jeweler's existance sadly ...the craftign job needs due to this somethign else that will work as good Craftign Items for Jewler 500 - Craftign Ascended Runes and sigils IS THE ANSWER..

Stuff, that I'm already proposing for several years basically, since ANet introduced Ascended Equipment ...

@Orpheal.8263 said:

@"ReaverKane.7598" said:Because the exotic ones are what the game is balanced towards? You don't need Runes or Sigils above exotic quality.In fact them being exotic is incidental, there's only master, rare and exotic quality, for your complaint to be plausible there would have to be common and fine quality ones as well.The 3 quality levels only address the stats on them (ie master (minor) runes have 2 item bonus, rare (major) have 4 and exotic (superior) have 6), also since you only have 6 armor pieces where would you equip the final two for ascended ones?

Wrong, the game coudl use Ascended Runes and Sigils as part of finalyl giving this game

1) a functional official own Build Template System which allows it to quickly switch out also Upgrade Efftcs for your Builds, for which you need to get all of them into an accountbound system - only possible with accountbound Ascended Runes and Sigiols to be implemented as account unlockables, which would make them very valuable items!!

2) to have something, that is a good reason to finalyl implement Jeweler 500, as only Jewelers woudl know the technique how to improve Exotic Upgrades into acended ones, givign this Craftign Job finally back a proper reason for its existance, sicne Anet drowns this game with too easy to receive Ascended Accessoires, so that Ascended Accssoire Craftign could never become a good reason for Jeweler's existance sadly ...the craftign job needs due to this somethign else that will work as good Craftign Items for Jewler 500 - Craftign Ascended Runes and sigils IS THE ANSWER..

Stuff, that I'm already proposing for several years basically, since ANet introduced Ascended Equipment ...

1) Build templates are so not dependant of sigils. A lot of sigils are account bound, i think they actually got rid of soulbound ones...Having unlockable sigils and runes has nothing to do with another gear tier. On the contrary.

2) You know that out of all crafts, Jewler and cook are the only ones that don't craft Runes or Sigils!Why would they change that now?

When you start a sentence with "You're Wrong!" Make sure you're right. You run the risk of sounding like Trump.

@ Reaver:

No, Runes and Sigils (except those from the Dungeons) aren't accountbound. Anet did't got rid at all of soulbound Upgrades. Would this be the case, then we wouldn#t find any Upgrades at all in the Tradestore from other people who try to sell them. ANd i have absolutely no clue now, how you come from Build Templates now to "Gear Tiers". I haven't said even anything about Gear Tiers, so please explain though thoought bridge here, so that we can follow you, what Gear Tiers have suddenly to do with Build Template Systems and Upgrades needing to become on their highest tier - which would be after the change then ascended - accountbound, so that they can work together with a Build Template System, because exotic souldbound Upgrades certainly for sure won't work well together with a Build Template System ,which needs to be able to exchange out on a button press EVERYTHING for the playe,r that is part of the player's character build. Something that just can't happen, if Upgrades are permanently soulbonded to a Character .So the Solution is to craft out of exotig Sigils and Runes with the help of the Jeweler Job at Rank 500 then ascended versions of the Upgrades, which aren't then soulbonded anymore, but not bonded at the moment of crafting and become accountbound on usage, because the very moment you would use up an ascended accountbound Upgrade, then you would never need again to buy in teh future any exotic versions of that upgrade, because the EFFECT of the upgrade would get unlocked for your account then permanently if you use up an ascended upgrade for your account.Ascended Upgrades in that sense woudl then work the same way, as like Minipets. As long you don't bind them permanently to your account, you are able to sell them.The very moment you bind the item permanently to your acocunt, the ascended rune vanishes out of your inventory and becomes part of the integrated Build Template System and any other further Equipment Items you want to give Upgrade Effects, so which you can give then unlocked Upgrade Effects in the same way freelly and quickly, as like we can do that in PvP, without that you need to buy each time for every item any Upgrades new again ,whenever you exchange out Upgrades from your Ewquipment.This way would receive GW2 massively more quality of life, because everythign from building your character, saving up thigns and switchign between builds with such a system would work alot FASTER AND COMFORTABLE, than it does right now, and with a ton less required clickings in the process as well!!!All that is needed for this imprvement is just the implementation of a Builld Template System, ascended accountbound Upgrades which functionate as Unlockables and as a way of receiving ascended Upgrades finally an improvement to Jeweler by giving it as that jobs Rank 500 crafting recipes, so that this craftign job regains finaly back its reason of existance, which Jewelry has lost basically since Anet flooded the gamew with way to simple receiveable ascended accessoires via Fractals, so that giving Jeweler the task to craft ascended accesssoies became from begin on pointless.

Thats the reason why I said you are wrong and why I'm right, because you said out, that there would be no reason to add ascended upgrades to the game, why I corrected you, that you are wrong, because there exist two good reasons why Anet should add ascended upgrades, which I named up then..That I really need to go that deep into the details now to explain why they would be good to have ...sigh when its so obvious why they would be a great addition, but I guess it wasn't well enough explained by me on my last posting, so excuse me.

To answer your second question, one needs to understand only basically the context around the answer to question 1, because it basically answers pretty much both questions together at the same time. But to bring it down short and simple in few words:

• Making Jeweler equal to the other Rank 500 Jobs
  • Give back Jeweler a Reason of Existance via crafting out of exotic Upgrades now Ascended ones
  • As required preparation for the implementation of a Build Template System which requires, that all build defining mechanics NEED to be accontbound, this includes Upgrades too!!
  • As quality of life improvement via the BTS, to make changing builds alot faster and comfortable, reducing unneccessary click processes
  • The only Crafting Job making sense to craft no Upgrades is Chef, they are for Buff Food, not for Upgrades and use for their craftings only eatable materials, unlike all other Crafting Jobs, which use only uneatable materials for their products. Chef would receive therefore instead Ascended Buff Food with longer Durations and some new unique ascended only buff effects. this would would be then finalyl all crafting jobs on rank 500 and equal, how anet should have done it from begin on, if they would for once think out their designs to the very end, instead of leaving everywhere unfinished things that make the game look like switzer cheese full of design holes.The same goes for the implementation of ascended mechanics. They started it with equipment, they should also then complete it with Upgrades, which are also part of our equipment as well and shouldn't be forgotten, so that those design holes ANet left wide open here for years now, get finally closed.

Anet has had over the last years the very bad habit of implementing new features, but designing them not completely to the end and leaving the incomplete things over years as they are iback in the dust and doing then something new, before they completed even before the stuff they have done first... practically abandonding the old things - just look at dungeons, then you understand what I mean - great incomplete content that got abandonded the very moment ANet added a new "toy" into the game.. Or look at Strongholds, exactly the same thing happened there... they added it, lost immedietely their interest on it and abandonded the content..great job and a great way to waste ressources on stuff, that gets immediately not supported anymore after implementation

However thats a different topic now ... i became offtopic, due to the fact how angry it makes me, how quickly Anet pushes on just only new content beignm important for them, as logn its successful and abandons their own content immediately, the very moment it fails in their eyes as it seems (Stronghold) or becomes replaceable with somethign else (Dungeons/Fractals)

@ReaverKane.7598 said:Because the exotic ones are what the game is balanced towards?

This is also true of armor, weapons, and trinkets in all the base game content, but that didn't stop them from making ascended gear for all the aforementioned. Ascended gear was a slipshod afterthought hastily implemented well after launch when the devs realized that certain players didn't have the attention span to stick around for gameplay alone, and needed a carrot on a stick to mindlessly chase.

@Conncept.7638 said:

@"ReaverKane.7598" said:Because the exotic ones are what the game is balanced towards?

This was also true of armor, weapons, and trinkets in all the base game content. Ascended gear was a slipshod afterthought hastily implemented well after launch when the devs realized that certain players didn't have the attention span to stick around for gameplay alone, and needed a carrot on a stick to mindlessly chase.

So your argument is two wrongs make a right.And in all honesty, what would you add to those runes? Because usually the difference is not only the numbers, but the number of bonuses from the "rune set". Where would you add the other two sets? Or should they add it just because people want to see more pink words, even if they're for all intents and purposes the same thing as exotics/superior runes?What people don't seen to understand is that the fact that they are "exotic" is an afterthought, it's just there to show that they're better than Majors. Runes don't have all gear tiers, just 3 because 3 is all that's necessary. It's not comparable to armour or weapons.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

@ReaverKane.7598 said:Because the exotic ones are what the game is balanced towards?

This was also true of armor, weapons, and trinkets in all the base game content. Ascended gear was a slipshod afterthought hastily implemented well after launch when the devs realized that certain players didn't have the attention span to stick around for gameplay alone, and needed a carrot on a stick to mindlessly chase.

So your argument is two wrongs make a right.By what logic does this statement make any sense? I supported neither side of the argument, I merely pointed out that your reasoning is flawed in claiming that this couldn't work because this one section of build content is not balanced for exotic gear, when in fact ALL of the base game build content is balanced for exotic gear.

And the remainder of your arguments hold true and I didn't dispute them nor even show any intent to do so, so why bring them up as if you expect me to challenge them, unless you are looking for a fight?

@Conncept.7638 said:

So your argument is two wrongs make a right.By what logic does this statement make any sense? I supported neither side of the argument, I merely pointed out that your reasoning is flawed in claiming that this couldn't work because this one section of build content is not balanced for exotic gear, when in fact ALL of the base game build content is balanced for exotic gear.

And the remainder of your arguments hold true and I didn't dispute them nor even show any intent to do so, so why bring them up as if you expect me to challenge them, unless you are looking for a fight?

It's called reinforcing your statment...A fight? Dude... I'm only here while some code is compiling...

Runes follow exactly the same tier system, as like all other equipment, so its just logical, that also upgrades should have in their final form ascended quality versions (which don#t need to be more powerful, just need to be only accountbound, so that they can work with a build template System)

Sure, one couls say now - its just simpler to make all exotics now accountbound, instead of adding ascended runes and sigils, but this would then not be in the spirit of ascended quality, if ANet woudl then simply leave out Upgrades and it would leave out also Jeweler gettign back a reason for its existance which this Craftign Job lost since the moment Anet added Fractals into the game and flooded the game instantly with ascended accessoires, so that they was basicalyl from begin on never a reason to let Jewelers craft ascended accessoires, because even if Anet would have let Jewelers craft ascended accessoires, it woudl have been totally pointles,s becuase who with a brain in their skull would be willign to grind for expensive materials just to be able to craft an ascended rign, if all you need to do is farm some easy fractals and get rewarded at the chest at the end with all accended rings you want.. yes its rng, but who cares, its just much simpler and more fun to get that ay your wewquipment, than to do boring crafting...

With Ascended Runes and Sigils would have jeweler again something meaningful, for what you would effectively NEED this crafting job, if you would want to have the quality of life to increase the access on your account on useable upograde effects for an integrated build template system and the advantage of never ever havign to rebuy again new upgrades for when you eventuallyx have lost one after not regaining them back after an extraction, unless you use a way to extract them, which gives 100% giuaranteed back all upgrades, which is somethign you have only - how should it be naturally otherwise - only via gemstore items, while everything else leaves you at the risk that you lose your extracted upgrades and have to buy them again or luckily regain them back from loot.. which is super annoying.. and yes, surel,y its part of the economy and a gold/material sink thing... but if theres a way to obtain permanwntly these upgrade effects via crafting very valuable ascended versions of these upgrades, then the player who crafts these, should earn it not to have to get back upgrades everytime again you sadly lose them perhaps, only because you hadn' used an extractor with a 100% regain chance from the gemstore, but used eventually something, that has only like lousy 25 to 80% for a few coppers to silvers to buy from the npc merchants.

Ascended Runes also dont need to have any better effects, or more, just only for being ascended. Here again its just enough to make them accountbound unlockable effects, so that you can't their effects anymore, if you switch out sets to change you build, you have the quality of live not to have to extract your runes for each item always again and again and to rebuy/regain them, should you unfortunatel<y lose them eventually due to not using an itme, that has 100% chance to regain the rune back from the gemstore.Usign a BTS in GW2 should become basicalyl everywhere in GW2, like playing PvP, where you can always and everywhere exchange your whole build out in a matter of few clicks, without that you ever have to worry about it anymore about having to rebuy any upgrades, just so that you can play the build the way you want!!Minus the system of reduced build diversity that the Pvp system offers, due to turning 6 accessoire items into just 1 merged big item with stats for all 6 accessoires, because this effectively destroys in PvP build diversity...

• 2 years later...

I too have come to notice runes are at level 60? So where the level 80 ones at and why no ascended runes? I am sure this helps make the GW2 market busy and keeps end game players interested and coming back for more. You can have such rewards at certain boss fights or chest. Legendary rune sound fun too

@medivh.4725 said:I too have come to notice runes are at level 60? So where the level 80 ones at and why no ascended runes? I am sure this helps make the GW2 market busy and keeps end game players interested and coming back for more. You can have such rewards at certain boss fights or chest. Legendary rune sound fun too

This thread is over 2 years old.

The initial reply from @ReaverKane.7598 covers this nicely. While runes/sigils share colors with item rarity, they clearly have a different scaling given there are only 3 tiers (aka 4 with legendary) versus the item tiers, which are 5-7 (8 with legendary) depending on how many you want to count.

Legendary runes and sigils are already available in the game and offer no advantage over exotic ones, merely a free choice and change option.