Crashed (Resolved), FPS drop? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
New Super Adventure Festival Avatars! In celebration of this year’s Super Adventure Festival, we’ve added a group of new avatars to the bank. Enjoy the new look!

Crashed (Resolved), FPS drop?

Nilkemia.8507Nilkemia.8507 Member ✭✭✭
edited January 12, 2018 in Account & Technical Support

As of a few minutes ago, after the latest patch, I now can't launch the game, instead getting a pop-up claiming "Unable to initialize 3D output. Please verify that you have installed DirectX 9 and an updated video driver.", along with a link to support. Seeing as the game has worked fine up until now, I've little reason to believe it's a problem on my end, unless the patch somehow ninja-removed those things it mentioned.

Edit : The game seems to run normally again, but now my FPS has dropped from the 60 range to mid 20's...

Tagged:

Comments

• Ok, so you're able to get into the game now? Checking to be sure. There's a thread for FPS questions/issues, but I will want to edit the subject line if the crash is resolved.

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

• Nilkemia.8507Nilkemia.8507 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2018

No more crashes or errors so far. However, the FPS drop remains there, and even turning my settings to best performance only manages to get me up to around 50-55, when before I could handle medium settings at roughly 60.

• Thanks for that update.

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.