Mantra of solace issues — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Mantra of solace issues

has anyone noticed erratic cooldown and charge count issues?

Sometimes I see I have 2 charges left and it will deplete the mantra, other times the final 2 charges seem to be going off at the same time or in rapid succession.

This has caused me some problems while gaming as mantra of solace is the heal that I use for my build.

Also quickfire used to show in the boon stack when it was off cooldown (so we don't have to internally count) now it's always there.

Why you give us cookies and then take them away? =(

Tagged:
<1

Comments

  • RabbitUp.8294RabbitUp.8294 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 8, 2018

    I haven't used MoS much, but slotted it yesterday and noticed that, too. I repeatedly used it once and the whole thing went on cooldown. I did some searching, and it seems it's a recent bug.

    Edit: Ok, I gave it another look, and wow I thought it was some weird interaction, but no the mantra is just coded wrong. Unlike all other skills with ammo stockpiling, when you spent 1 ammo for Mantra of Solace, the charge timer is reset. So, for example, you use 1 charge, then 6 seconds later the charge is half charged. If you use another charge, that 6 second timer is reset to 0. So, if you click the skill a 3rd time thinking that 12 seconds have passed since the first use so a new charge has been generated, you find that this is not the case and the whole mantra goes on cooldown.

  • yep, it's broken.

  • Brutaly.6257Brutaly.6257 Member ✭✭✭

    bug report on this one?

  • I have already reported this bug

    It should've already been fixed, for me it is pretty much game breaking since my build requires it

  • Arcaedus.7290Arcaedus.7290 Member ✭✭✭

    @RabbitUp.8294 said:
    I haven't used MoS much, but slotted it yesterday and noticed that, too. I repeatedly used it once and the whole thing went on cooldown. I did some searching, and it seems it's a recent bug.

    Edit: Ok, I gave it another look, and wow I thought it was some weird interaction, but no the mantra is just coded wrong. Unlike all other skills with ammo stockpiling, when you spent 1 ammo for Mantra of Solace, the charge timer is reset. So, for example, you use 1 charge, then 6 seconds later the charge is half charged. If you use another charge, that 6 second timer is reset to 0. So, if you click the skill a 3rd time thinking that 12 seconds have passed since the first use so a new charge has been generated, you find that this is not the case and the whole mantra goes on cooldown.

    Wow, how long has this been an issue? Between indomitable courage still being bugged and now this, I feel even more justified in not coming back to the game for now...

  • RabbitUp.8294RabbitUp.8294 Member ✭✭✭

    Actually, forget what I said, the mantra is so broken, it's hilarious.

    When you use the first charge (3 → 2), it starts charging again. Let's say 3 seconds pass. When you use another charge (2 → 1), then those 3 seconds dissapear. However, if you let that charge recharge (1 → 2), then those 3 seconds come back, so instead of starting charging the next charge from 0, it starts from 3.

    But there's another problem, and that's why I found putting the mantra on cooldown accidentally. Normally, there's a 1sec cooldown when you use a charge. When Mantra of Solace has 3 charges, using one puts it on that 1 sec cooldown. But when it has 2 charges, there's no cooldown, so if you spam the button, it will both charges instantly and put the whole mantra on cooldown.

    Somehow they managed to specifically screw the second charge, and both bugs seem to have that same cause.

  • stone cold.8609stone cold.8609 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2018

    Thanks RabbitUp. I'm getting the same thing. I couldn't figure out what was going on and at first I thought it was something that I was doing wrong. Didn't occur to me that there could be two bugs! One of the big reasons for me to run FB is the Mantra Heal. Since it is bugged, I'm thinking of going back to DH or maybe even core.

  • Zantal.4798Zantal.4798 Member ✭✭
    edited January 13, 2018

    The most astonishing thing is that it is not yet regarded as a high priority bug, it shouldn't have the highest priority possible since you can still play the game, but it really shouldn't be at the bottom either.

    You can see from the last patch what their real focus is for the moment =S

  • stone cold.8609stone cold.8609 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2018

    Thank you for the update Irenio! And thank you for taking time to answer on the weekend.

  • It always takes a kitten post to get the progress or issue aknowledgment that we all crave so much for to alleviate our incessant gamer angst.

    <.<

  • @RabbitUp.8294 said:
    I haven't used MoS much, but slotted it yesterday and noticed that, too. I repeatedly used it once and the whole thing went on cooldown. I did some searching, and it seems it's a recent bug.

    Edit: Ok, I gave it another look, and wow I thought it was some weird interaction, but no the mantra is just coded wrong. Unlike all other skills with ammo stockpiling, when you spent 1 ammo for Mantra of Solace, the charge timer is reset. So, for example, you use 1 charge, then 6 seconds later the charge is half charged. If you use another charge, that 6 second timer is reset to 0. So, if you click the skill a 3rd time thinking that 12 seconds have passed since the first use so a new charge has been generated, you find that this is not the case and the whole mantra goes on cooldown.

    It happens to me not just with Mantra of Solace, but every Mantra (on guard) I use.
    And no intention to fix though.

  • Knox.8962Knox.8962 Member ✭✭✭

    @Warrost.4895 said:
    And no intention to fix though.

    Literally 3 posts up from you there is an Anet reply stating that they are aware of the issue and are working to fix it.

  • @Knox.8962 said:

    @Warrost.4895 said:
    And no intention to fix though.

    Literally 3 posts up from you there is an Anet reply stating that they are aware of the issue and are working to fix it.

    I am sure they will only look at Mantra of Solace and ignore the rest "'cus guard is fine"

  • RabbitUp.8294RabbitUp.8294 Member ✭✭✭

    @Warrost.4895 said:

    @Knox.8962 said:

    @Warrost.4895 said:
    And no intention to fix though.

    Literally 3 posts up from you there is an Anet reply stating that they are aware of the issue and are working to fix it.

    I am sure they will only look at Mantra of Solace and ignore the rest "'cus guard is fine"

    The rest are not bugged, though. This is an issue exclusively with Mantra of Solace.

  • Arcaedus.7290Arcaedus.7290 Member ✭✭✭

    @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:
    This is something that we've been working on a fix for, but that will take some fairly thorough testing to make sure nothing else breaks as a result.

    It is on radar for takedown.

    Any word on the stunbreak of Indomitable Courage/Tome of Courage synergy being bugged and broken in wvw/pve? Despite all the threads created, I have yet to see official word from a dev that this issue is even acknowledged.

  • THE GEM STORE COMES FIRST!

    I generally avoid making comments like these because we don't know really what's happening there,

    it might be the dev in charge changed job , is home sick or died.
    it might be it is super difficult bug that once you fix it another 10 things break

    Or it just might be the freaking gem store comes before everything else.
    (or more probably something that we have no clue about)

    Yes I do like to play the devil's advocate.

  • Arcaedus.7290Arcaedus.7290 Member ✭✭✭

    @Zantal.4798 said:
    THE GEM STORE COMES FIRST!

    I generally avoid making comments like these because we don't know really what's happening there,

    it might be the dev in charge changed job , is home sick or died.
    it might be it is super difficult bug that once you fix it another 10 things break

    Or it just might be the freaking gem store comes before everything else.
    (or more probably something that we have no clue about)

    Yes I do like to play the devil's advocate.

    You probably aren't responding to me, but I'm willing to wager 99.999 to 0.001 that the Indomitable Courage bug is actually very easy to fix and is only being neglected because the meta build in all 3 game modes for FB doesn't really use virtues (or when it does, it's a burn build that uses Permeating Wrath over Indomitable Courage). This is a terrible excuse and doesn't justify laziness, but oh well.

  • @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:
    This is something that we've been working on a fix for, but that will take some fairly thorough testing to make sure nothing else breaks as a result.

    It is on radar for takedown.

    Testing on what?You guys have no test servers to test out your balance patches.

  • @Arcaedus.7290 said:

    @Zantal.4798 said:
    THE GEM STORE COMES FIRST!

    I generally avoid making comments like these because we don't know really what's happening there,

    it might be the dev in charge changed job , is home sick or died.
    it might be it is super difficult bug that once you fix it another 10 things break

    Or it just might be the freaking gem store comes before everything else.
    (or more probably something that we have no clue about)

    Yes I do like to play the devil's advocate.

    You probably aren't responding to me, but I'm willing to wager 99.999 to 0.001 that the Indomitable Courage bug is actually very easy to fix and is only being neglected because the meta build in all 3 game modes for FB doesn't really use virtues (or when it does, it's a burn build that uses Permeating Wrath over Indomitable Courage). This is a terrible excuse and doesn't justify laziness, but oh well.

    if 90% of the players who play guardian as a main (this might be a relatively small subset) do not use that trait then there is less incentive to spend resources to fix it quickly, emphasis on quickly.

    This might be another reason and it might be true, what I am arguing here is that after a while it becomes like beating a dead horse and with no true insight on what they are doing at work it's just speculation based on our emotinal responses about the subject.

    So let's not all get too emotional about this, it won't do us any good.

  • @Jack Skywalker.5674 said:

    @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:
    This is something that we've been working on a fix for, but that will take some fairly thorough testing to make sure nothing else breaks as a result.

    It is on radar for takedown.

    Testing on what?You guys have no test servers to test out your balance patches.

    I think ANet uses external QA and testers (this is the norm), for balance purposes they might have statistics sheets they can check and modify accordingly then monitor on live.
    this cuts down costs, the only downside would be a minority of people complaining on the forums because they are not in control of the process when there is no reason you should be.

  • @Zantal.4798 said:

    @Jack Skywalker.5674 said:

    @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:
    This is something that we've been working on a fix for, but that will take some fairly thorough testing to make sure nothing else breaks as a result.

    It is on radar for takedown.

    Testing on what?You guys have no test servers to test out your balance patches.

    I think ANet uses external QA and testers (this is the norm), for balance purposes they might have statistics sheets they can check and modify accordingly then monitor on live.
    this cuts down costs, the only downside would be a minority of people complaining on the forums because they are not in control of the process when there is no reason you should be.

    Tell that to the Revenant community and they will pop a vein while trying to convince you otherwise.

  • Ragnarox.9601Ragnarox.9601 Member ✭✭✭

    dont argue we know devs are not playing guardians(firebrands) now, currently their meta is mesmer(condi and power), spellbreaker and scourge until they got bored and buff something else.

  • Human beings, emotional creatures as always, well I see no point in continuing here <.<

  • Arcaedus.7290Arcaedus.7290 Member ✭✭✭

    @Zantal.4798 said:

    @Arcaedus.7290 said:

    @Zantal.4798 said:
    THE GEM STORE COMES FIRST!

    I generally avoid making comments like these because we don't know really what's happening there,

    it might be the dev in charge changed job , is home sick or died.
    it might be it is super difficult bug that once you fix it another 10 things break

    Or it just might be the freaking gem store comes before everything else.
    (or more probably something that we have no clue about)

    Yes I do like to play the devil's advocate.

    You probably aren't responding to me, but I'm willing to wager 99.999 to 0.001 that the Indomitable Courage bug is actually very easy to fix and is only being neglected because the meta build in all 3 game modes for FB doesn't really use virtues (or when it does, it's a burn build that uses Permeating Wrath over Indomitable Courage). This is a terrible excuse and doesn't justify laziness, but oh well.

    if 90% of the players who play guardian as a main (this might be a relatively small subset) do not use that trait then there is less incentive to spend resources to fix it quickly, emphasis on quickly.

    This might be another reason and it might be true, what I am arguing here is that after a while it becomes like beating a dead horse and with no true insight on what they are doing at work it's just speculation based on our emotinal responses about the subject.

    So let's not all get too emotional about this, it won't do us any good.

    This is logically true but still a poor excuse. The problem is, where do you draw a line? 4 months? 4 months and a day? 5 months, 6 months, a year, two years? At some point the damage will have already been done and it wouldn't matter if it got fixed. In concept what you said makes sense, but it just doesn't pan out when you see this skill/trait being broken for over 4 months without so much as a reply from devs despite all the player reports and threads.

  • @Arcaedus.7290 said:

    @Zantal.4798 said:

    @Arcaedus.7290 said:

    @Zantal.4798 said:
    THE GEM STORE COMES FIRST!

    I generally avoid making comments like these because we don't know really what's happening there,

    it might be the dev in charge changed job , is home sick or died.
    it might be it is super difficult bug that once you fix it another 10 things break

    Or it just might be the freaking gem store comes before everything else.
    (or more probably something that we have no clue about)

    Yes I do like to play the devil's advocate.

    You probably aren't responding to me, but I'm willing to wager 99.999 to 0.001 that the Indomitable Courage bug is actually very easy to fix and is only being neglected because the meta build in all 3 game modes for FB doesn't really use virtues (or when it does, it's a burn build that uses Permeating Wrath over Indomitable Courage). This is a terrible excuse and doesn't justify laziness, but oh well.

    if 90% of the players who play guardian as a main (this might be a relatively small subset) do not use that trait then there is less incentive to spend resources to fix it quickly, emphasis on quickly.

    This might be another reason and it might be true, what I am arguing here is that after a while it becomes like beating a dead horse and with no true insight on what they are doing at work it's just speculation based on our emotinal responses about the subject.

    So let's not all get too emotional about this, it won't do us any good.

    This is logically true but still a poor excuse. The problem is, where do you draw a line? 4 months? 4 months and a day? 5 months, 6 months, a year, two years? At some point the damage will have already been done and it wouldn't matter if it got fixed. In concept what you said makes sense, but it just doesn't pan out when you see this skill/trait being broken for over 4 months without so much as a reply from devs despite all the player reports and threads.

    Yeah I can feel the frustration, but it still holds up, remember that every choice they make is to maximize profits

    Most of the times when I come on the forums and read this kind of posts it always seems like they are doing it on purpose because they evil.

    Now we could argue if the path they are taking is the correct one, but most of you guys never worked in the gaming industry (I do)
    And when you get in you soon face the reality of game development.
    what I am trying to say is that these kind of decisions are most of the times not as easy as it seems from the outside.
    Everyone wants to make the perfect game, but at the end of the day there is someone higher up the chain who tells you what to do, when and why.

    The only thing you can do about it is complain, and if you feel you are not being heard the only last solution is to move on.
    Trust me when I say that 1000 whispers count much more than 10 loud voices.

  • Arcaedus.7290Arcaedus.7290 Member ✭✭✭

    @Zantal.4798 said:

    @Arcaedus.7290 said:

    @Zantal.4798 said:

    @Arcaedus.7290 said:

    @Zantal.4798 said:
    THE GEM STORE COMES FIRST!

    I generally avoid making comments like these because we don't know really what's happening there,

    it might be the dev in charge changed job , is home sick or died.
    it might be it is super difficult bug that once you fix it another 10 things break

    Or it just might be the freaking gem store comes before everything else.
    (or more probably something that we have no clue about)

    Yes I do like to play the devil's advocate.

    You probably aren't responding to me, but I'm willing to wager 99.999 to 0.001 that the Indomitable Courage bug is actually very easy to fix and is only being neglected because the meta build in all 3 game modes for FB doesn't really use virtues (or when it does, it's a burn build that uses Permeating Wrath over Indomitable Courage). This is a terrible excuse and doesn't justify laziness, but oh well.

    if 90% of the players who play guardian as a main (this might be a relatively small subset) do not use that trait then there is less incentive to spend resources to fix it quickly, emphasis on quickly.

    This might be another reason and it might be true, what I am arguing here is that after a while it becomes like beating a dead horse and with no true insight on what they are doing at work it's just speculation based on our emotinal responses about the subject.

    So let's not all get too emotional about this, it won't do us any good.

    This is logically true but still a poor excuse. The problem is, where do you draw a line? 4 months? 4 months and a day? 5 months, 6 months, a year, two years? At some point the damage will have already been done and it wouldn't matter if it got fixed. In concept what you said makes sense, but it just doesn't pan out when you see this skill/trait being broken for over 4 months without so much as a reply from devs despite all the player reports and threads.

    Yeah I can feel the frustration, but it still holds up, remember that every choice they make is to maximize profits

    Most of the times when I come on the forums and read this kind of posts it always seems like they are doing it on purpose because they evil.

    Now we could argue if the path they are taking is the correct one, but most of you guys never worked in the gaming industry (I do)
    And when you get in you soon face the reality of game development.
    what I am trying to say is that these kind of decisions are most of the times not as easy as it seems from the outside.
    Everyone wants to make the perfect game, but at the end of the day there is someone higher up the chain who tells you what to do, when and why.

    The only thing you can do about it is complain, and if you feel you are not being heard the only last solution is to move on.
    Trust me when I say that 1000 whispers count much more than 10 loud voices.

    IMO there is a bare minimum one can do when faced with a problem. In this case the minimum would be releasing a statement/communicating. Even if it's a vague statement, it'd be better than nothing. It would at least show that they acknowledge it. Right now, I'm interpreting their radio silence as them believing that there is nothing wrong with Indomitable Courage/Tome of Courage and devoting absolutely zero resources to fixing it. Many other rather pressing bugs have been addressed in a somewhat timely manner if fixes weren't directly implemented; FB's heal mantra bug, various bugs on Mirage mainhand axe about 2 months ago, and Scourge's sand shade obstructed bugs are good examples.

  • I have to admit, after yesterday's patch I have lost some faith

    =S

  • stone cold.8609stone cold.8609 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2018

    Bumping this to the top. Any chance this will be addressed in the new patch? I've pretty much parked my FB because of this bug.

  • Brutaly.6257Brutaly.6257 Member ✭✭✭

    @stone cold.8609 said:
    Bumping this to the top. Any chance this will be addressed in the new patch? I've pretty much parked my FB because of this bug.

    I am in the exact same spot, i even parked the entire game until they fix this.

  • @Brutaly.6257 said:

    @stone cold.8609 said:
    Bumping this to the top. Any chance this will be addressed in the new patch? I've pretty much parked my FB because of this bug.

    I am in the exact same spot, i even parked the entire game until they fix this.

    You have to wait a lot longer. Anet shows again and again their failure to understand simple game mechanics and the problems GW2 has as a whole.
    Either caused by ignorance or simply missing ressources, but Guild Wars is a freaking joke by modern game standards, not even talking about modern RPG standards.

  • They fixed only half the problems with mantra of solace, at 2 charges there is no 1 second cooldown so if you spam it will deplete

    feck this shiet

  • Any update on this? Mantra of Solace is still bugged so it doesn't have the 1 second cooldown after using a charge when going from 2 --> 1. It works fine when going from 3 --> 2 but I tested all the other mantras and they always work correctly, no matter the amount of charges.

  • Jay Em.5128Jay Em.5128 Member
    edited April 8, 2018

    Bumping this because I've played FB tank a few times after my previous post and created a youtube compilation of three bugs that I frequently encounter.

  • Zantal.4798Zantal.4798 Member ✭✭

    Yes, this has been like this for quite some time, it should have been fixed on the last patch.

  • otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 9, 2018

    Ya, the bug still happens.

  • Ragnarox.9601Ragnarox.9601 Member ✭✭✭

    plus elite mantra sometime do not even stunbreak from a daze. You need to use it twice to get it work.

  • stone cold.8609stone cold.8609 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 9, 2018

    Any update from ANet on a fix for this?

  • Rhyse.8179Rhyse.8179 Member ✭✭✭

    Still happening, even worse since last patch if anything. Affects the quickness mantra also.

    Should be an easy fix - put a 1/2 sec or 1s recast delay on it.

  • Best.3479Best.3479 Member ✭✭

    @Rhyse.8179 said:
    Still happening, even worse since last patch if anything. Affects the quickness mantra also.

    Should be an easy fix - put a 1/2 sec or 1s recast delay on it.

    Yup this is all they need to do. Every other mantra has a 1s ICD between counts except the final Mantra of Solace and quickness I guess if this guy is right.

    If anyone is wondering I found a work around after this kitten was literally throwing monthly ATs for me:
    1. Setup autohotkey to prevent double clicks of your heal bind
    2. I then had a problem where AHK would auto press my caps lock bind
    3. I rebound my caps lock to a macro that hit caps lock and F8 (random key i dont use)
    4. Bound f8 to my heal

    kitten ridiculous I had to try kitten for weeks to fix a bug it takes these devs under 5 minutes to do. like you don't "break" anything by using the same ICD code as every other mntra.

<1
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.