The Departed - Story Quest Issue

Serdoc.7261

@Serdoc.7261 said:When going through the The Departed Story Quest, I keep getting Client error and kicked to Character screen when I finish fighting the Water of Souls and taking to Palawa Joko.

Same... It's a nice little plot scenario I just don't want to have to do it over and over again, because it so time consuming.

Basically my weaver runs around in the big empty space looking for all the little do dads, follows the little birdie all over the big area I just searched talks to joko, talks to the judge, spends 4-5 minutes fighting eater of souls, goes to leave gets cued to talk to joko again and get disconnected. When it happens more than once I'm reluctant to assume it's on my end.

I'm having the same issue as well.Twice now I've been dc'd at the same point in The Departed quest. I'm not sure if it's a transition error and the conversation is done, or if there is more to the conversation beyond what I'm getting. However, I can not continue through the story at this point due to being forcibly disconnected.

The error code I'm getting : Code = 7:11:3:191:101

I ran three times in a row into this bug today. Also filed an ingame bug report for this problem. Can't get beyond the dialogue with Palawa Joko always disconnects even in a group with a different instance owner. However, disconnect affects only me. The instance owner was able to successfully complete the instance.

@brkndoll.2819 said:I'm having the same issue as well.Twice now I've been dc'd at the same point in The Departed quest. I'm not sure if it's a transition error and the conversation is done, or if there is more to the conversation beyond what I'm getting. However, I can not continue through the story at this point due to being forcibly disconnected.

The error code I'm getting : Code = 7:11:3:191:101

A few more details to add to this:

Race/Class: Sylvari NecromancerServers: NASolo/Group: Grouped with a Char warrior. I am the story initiator so we both get dc'd.

Update, I was finally able to complete the mission. I'm not sure if it was a hotfix or if taking the advice to reset my router did the trick, however it now works.

I did some forum research on the error code I was getting and according to Devs/Community managers, the code most often appears when connection issues are at play. Whether or not that is a thing, I can't honestly confirm, but as I did reset my router and restart my computer, it seems to have worked.

I always disconnect at the end of this mission speaking to Joko on every character the first time through. The second and onward seems to be fine but extremely frustrating with how long the story instance is

Also, if you talk the judge before the npc arrives...it bugs him out to the point you have to restart the instance...again

I've run this mission twice now, and it has disconnected at the exact same spot both times. After defeating the Eater of Souls, during the conversation with Joko, right when you say "You're right, I do need your army, but I don't need you."

@brkndoll.2819 said:

Update, I was finally able to complete the mission. I'm not sure if it was a hotfix or if taking the advice to reset my router did the trick, however it now works.

I did some forum research on the error code I was getting and according to Devs/Community managers, the code most often appears when connection issues are at play. Whether or not that is a thing, I can't honestly confirm, but as I did reset my router and restart my computer, it seems to have worked.

Unfortunately, the likelihood of a connection issue only occurring at the exact same moment across multiple runs is nil. This is has halted my progress in the expansion, and I'd appreciate it if ANET would chime in on the issue.

I have been disconnected 4 times today! Once was at the end of the Balthazar fight, and the other three was as soon as Joko said I didn't have an army like he does. I will try resetting my modem and give it one more try I guess, but connection issues should be just that. They shouldn't consistently occur at the same moment for multiple people on multiple attempts on different days.

Had this same problem last night. I came back to the game only exentos after a long hiatus, and since being back I've had countless problems in various story missions where I disconnect at some point at the end of it. Especially with missions as long as this one, it's frustrating to have to go through it all over again.

I got this dc once in the same situation and had to replay the whole mission. In the second try I left Joko alone and walked away towards the border of the map while he was talking behind me. Fortunately this avoided a second dc. I know these dcs very well, they frequently happen to me in dungeons too, when other party members watch their cutscenes. I often can avoid these when I run away far enough (but it never is clear what distance is enough, so it's a 50/50 chance to stay there or getting kicked). I don't know what exactly causes the dcs, all I can say they are related to dialogue a/o cutscenes.

Edit:I also got a dc during the dialogue sequence after the boss fight in Glint's cave. Fortunately I had to replay the boss fight only (because it's separated by the portal from the previous mission-map).

This bug still does not seem to be fixed. Twice I've disconnected after my character says to Joko: "..but I don't need YOU." BAM, character screen.I do like long stories but a checkpoint system would really help in this.This was on a mesmer on an EU server if it's any help.

I think I found a solution. At least it works for me: go to graphic settings and limit FPS to 30. The difference in story instances won't be that noticable. If FPS are set to unlimited this can cause a performance spike in the graphics card during dialogue situations where the card has nearly nothing to perform but then suddenly has to compute something. If FPS are limited the difference won't be that high and the spike won't happen. To be sure one also can run or use skills in these situations to keep the card busy.

Edit:I could finish the first mission on two characters where previously I always got a dc during the dialogue at the moment where I should get the fire extinguisher. It now worked without dc on both characters :blush:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm having the same PROBLEM!!!! This is ridiculous!! I've done it like 20 times!! It always disconnects at the same 2 points. I really enjoy this game and this is killing it for me. I'm very close to quitting forever. I'm a casual player so there isn't much that I can do on my own in this game and now I can't even do the story. Arena Net please Please PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!! It's been months! Why havnt you at least acknowledged this problem?! There clearly are so many people who are having this issue