Move the "select map" from the middle of the screen.

Buran.3796

Seriously, is a hindrance any time you're waiting in queue for a PvP match while playing in WvW or another game modes and you are in the middle of a fight and suddenly the center of your screen is clogged for no reason. If I care I'll join the match, if I don't no matter how big is that crap, I won't sign up.

And by the way a UI size redesign for players with big screens would be apreciated; I was using a 1440p display since 2011 (a year before the release) and won't even try to figure what would mean to play this game in a 4k monitor.

• ArenaNet Staff

@"Alatar.7364" said:Yes please.If not "relocation" then at least make it "dismissable" like the Que-ready Screen.Every time the Map Selection pops up I am just about to sell something, so when it does I can only dream of Riches beyond.

Making it possible to dismiss the map vote box is on our backlog, though I'm not sure when we'll get to it.

@"Eddbopkins.2630" said:That screen is up for a total of what? 10 seconds? What meaningful thing can be done that pertains to the game ur about to enter that cant be done in the 1+ min of waiting after u get into the actual game?

I can die in the middle of a tense, interesting fight in WvW.

We have small notifications about PvE things at the bottom of the right side of the screen any time we achieve something, or the "empty map" calls, or the PvP achievements, and for the end of a queue in transit towards a WvW the banner covers the center of the display but at least is relatively small... But for PvP queues the notification covers your whole character and his near environment; if you're fighting can easily cause your death.

@Buran.3796 said:

@"Eddbopkins.2630" said:That screen is up for a total of what? 10 seconds? What meaningful thing can be done that pertains to the game ur about to enter that cant be done in the 1+ min of waiting after u get into the actual game?

We have small notifications about PvE things at the bottom of the right side of the screen any time we achieve something, or the "empty map" calls, or the PvP achievements, and for the end of a queue in transit towards a WvW the banner covers the center of the display but at least is relatively small... But for PvP queues the notification covers your whole character and his near environment; if you're fighting can easily cause your death.

Why would you jump into those fights when you are queing for pvp and know you could get interrupted anytime? O.o

@Kalli.4506 said:

Why would you jump into those fights when you are queing for pvp and know you could get interrupted anytime? O.o

Same reason you would fight people in the free for all arena I would guess, something to do.

@Buran.3796 said:

And by the way a UI size redesign for players with big screens would be apreciated; I was using a 1440p display since 2011 (a year before the release) and won't even try to figure what would mean to play this game in a 4k monitor.

OP, just wanted to say for this part there is a DPI Scaling option in the graphics tab now. I have a 4k monitor and it works great for resizing the UI to not be tiny. Don't know when they added it.

@Uurik.2934 said:

OP, just wanted to say for this part there is a DPI Scaling option in the graphics tab now. I have a 4k monitor and it works great for resizing the UI to not be tiny. Don't know when they added it.

That was helpful, thanx.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:That screen is up for a total of what? 10 seconds? What meaningful thing can be done that pertains to the game ur about to enter that cant be done in the 1+ min of waiting after u get into the actual game?

Not getting killed? Landing on a safe spot before the match so you don't spawn on top of lava or in the middle of a spawn after the pvp match.Finish harvesting that Rich node? Finish killing that whatever you were killing? Finish the jumping puzzle you were doing to kill time? I could go on for days.

• 7 months later...

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@"Alatar.7364" said:Yes please.If not "relocation" then at least make it "dismissable" like the Que-ready Screen.Every time the Map Selection pops up I am just about to sell something, so when it does I can only dream of Riches beyond.

Making it possible to dismiss the map vote box is on our backlog, though I'm not sure when we'll get to it.

I did create this thread in January. We are now in September, with 2 major patches in between. Nothing was done.

@Buran.3796 said:

I did create this thread in January. We are now in September, with 2 major patches in between. Nothing was done.

Backlog man, all backlogged. Nearly everything the pvp community wants is back loged at least 2 years im guessing

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Backlog man, all backlogged. Nearly everything the pvp community wants is back loged at least 2 years im guessing

Dw they will get to it once Swiss is done in about 3 and a half years :)

it shouldnt be that hard to implement a button hide a popup inside a game Oo

its not so much dismissing it as making it smaller / moving it. maybe bottom right? make it as small as the minimap and have it overlay it?

editeven more important is to have it not interfere with the keyboard. this messes up fights and typing and causes no end to frustration.

@Zawn.9647 said:

it shouldnt be that hard to implement a button hide a popup inside a game Oo

It most likely has nothing to do with how hard it is but more likely that it's such a low priority item.

I don't know how they do things over at ANet but where I work we have two week sprints where items are ranked and then developed through an iterative process. In our software we have a lot of items that are easy to implement but if we spent our development time doing that then the core product and the impactful changes we want to implement will never get done. So each line item is ranked and put into our backlog. We have 20% "other" time where we can work on small changes but those are usually reserved for bug fixes.

So yes it's seemingly a small change but how it ranks up with other items is probably very low.

@phokus.8934 said:

So yes it's seemingly a small change but how it ranks up with other items is probably very low.

So adding slots to speed up the limitless gathering tools which are selled in the gem store had high priority (which was mostly irrelevent and take resources to be implemented, but produced earnings), while making a small change in the UI (moving the screen alert to a corner, or making it smaller, translucent or less intrusive in any way) which demands almost no effort but would have a big benefit in the quality of life of the players is disdained for more than 8 months... I known that WvW/PvP sit very low in the ladder or interest of ANet, but I think that there's no excuse. The worker that gently revamped the GW 1 graphics could probably do this in like 5 minutes...

@Buran.3796 said:

So adding slots to speed up the limitless gathering tools which are selled in the gem store had high priority (which was mostly irrelevent and take resources to be implemented, but produced earnings), while making a small change in the UI (moving the screen alert to a corner, or making it smaller, translucent or less intrusive in any way) which demands almost no effort but would have a big benefit in the quality of life of the players is disdained for more than 8 months... I known that WvW/PvP sit very low in the ladder or interest of ANet, but I think that there's no excuse. The worker that gently revamped the GW 1 graphics could probably do this in like 5 minutes...

No one is saying it’s hard or a lot of work but it just falls low on the priority of things to change. This is how agile development works and is a proven methodology for software development.

I wish they would change it too but being in software development I take things as they are and don’t put impossible standards on other developers.

It's been on the backlog for three decades now. Seems like an arduous task.

@phokus.8934 said:

No one is saying it’s hard or a lot of work but it just falls low on the priority of things to change. This is how agile development works and is a proven methodology for software development.

I wish they would change it too but being in software development I take things as they are and don’t put impossible standards on other developers.

you seem to have some knowledge in the field so hopefully you can answer...

why do you think swiss tournies and alliances are taking nearly a year to implement? Does it actually involve a lot of work or do you think its part of the backlog by this stage?