Should there be a GW 3? - [Merged]

Cyrin.1035

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The GW2 engine is great already, it just needs some love & attention. Besides that, the thing that I like the best about mmorpgs is that they generally tend to last 10+ years before there is any serious sequel. This allows me as an older gamer, to invest time into that one game that I chose to play and actually be good at it before a new title comes out and I have to remaster another game, again. It becomes difficult to learn new games as you get older due to a number of reasons and that is actually why I quit console games.

At this point, GW2 will probably be the last mmorpg or even game in general, that I play seriously. I'd just like to see them do more with the engine. Maybe devise a really powerful super expansion and commercialize it heavily to reintroduce GW2 into the current. If a GW3 does arrive, I probably wouldn't buy it, despite how good it was.

@Cyrin.1035 said:Should the GW series continue with an entirely new sequel? Or should GW 2 simply continue with expansions?

Some want a new and more advanced graphics engine. Some want new or more races and professions to be explored. There are so many possibilities for a GW 3, but is GW 2 enough to expand on and if it is, what does that mean for its longevity?

I personally would like to see GW 2 end its major releases after a third expansion rounding out a trilogy of expansions for GW 2. Then I want it to ultimately end its storyline on Living World Season 5 leading up to GW 3. It could set us up for GW 3 the way GW 1 did for 2.

I want to see the graphics of GW 2 advance again as it did between 1 and 2. I want Expansion 3 to open us to new lands and stories but not necessarily so many years after the events of GW 2. New features, character models, wardrobe and weapon skin types, item tiers, game modes, game and visual style, ect.

Yes, absolutely. GW2 is like that pork-chop bone that you've picked every last shred of meat off of. It was the best pork-chop I ever tasted for about 8 months. Then, I just had to accept that I was holding onto a bone. The game ended for me after I got all the items I wanted, and nothing could be upgraded any further (in terms of stats or utility). I just couldn't find any compelling reason to log on anymore. And, believe me, I went through mental-gymnastics to try to find some reason. The only thing I like about these games is getting better stuff (truly better stuff -- not just new skins). And I would never play any of the content for its own sake.

So yea, bring on GW3, and give me another 8 months of fun! ;)

@Fallesafe.5932 said:

@Cyrin.1035 said:Should the GW series continue with an entirely new sequel? Or should GW 2 simply continue with expansions?

Some want a new and more advanced graphics engine. Some want new or more races and professions to be explored. There are so many possibilities for a GW 3, but is GW 2 enough to expand on and if it is, what does that mean for its longevity?

I personally would like to see GW 2 end its major releases after a third expansion rounding out a trilogy of expansions for GW 2. Then I want it to ultimately end its storyline on Living World Season 5 leading up to GW 3. It could set us up for GW 3 the way GW 1 did for 2.

I want to see the graphics of GW 2 advance again as it did between 1 and 2. I want Expansion 3 to open us to new lands and stories but not necessarily so many years after the events of GW 2. New features, character models, wardrobe and weapon skin types, item tiers, game modes, game and visual style, ect.

Yes, absolutely. GW2 is like that pork-chop bone that you've picked every last shred of meat off of. It was the best pork-chop I ever tasted for about 8 months. Then, I just had to accept that I was holding onto a bone. The game ended for me after I got all the items I wanted, and nothing could be upgraded any further (in terms of stats or utility). I just couldn't find any compelling reason to log on anymore. And, believe me, I went through mental-gymnastics to try to find some reason. The only thing I like about these games is getting better stuff (
truly
better stuff -- not just new skins). And I would never play any of the content for its own sake.

You experienced everything this game has to offer in 8 months! I would love to know how you managed that.

@Rubberduckgillespie.9854 said:

Yes, absolutely. GW2 is like that pork-chop bone that you've picked every last shred of meat off of. It was the best pork-chop I ever tasted for about 8 months. Then, I just had to accept that I was holding onto a bone. The game ended for me after I got all the items I wanted, and nothing could be upgraded any further (in terms of stats or utility). I just couldn't find any compelling reason to log on anymore. And, believe me, I went through mental-gymnastics to try to find some reason. The only thing I like about these games is getting better stuff (
truly
better stuff -- not just new skins). And I would never play any of the content for its own sake.

You experienced everything this game has to offer in 8 months! I would love to know how you managed that.

No, that's not what I said. There are a number of things I didn't do. But I have no interest in them, whatsoever, unless there are meaningful pieces of loot waiting for me on the other side. Raiding, to me, is a perfect example. There's no way I would put myself through the stress of working up that ladder for more than a year only to have the exact same armor I started with (but with ridiculous spikes on the helmet). If there was a whole new set of equipment that was to ascended what ascended was to exotic, I'd be eyeballs deep in this game right now. But there's not. So bring on GW3!

@Fallesafe.5932 said:

truly

No, that's not what I said. There are a number of things I didn't do. But I have no interest in them, whatsoever, unless there are meaningful pieces of loot waiting for me on the other side. Raiding, to me, is a perfect example. There's no way I would put myself through the stress of working up that ladder for more than a year only to have the exact same armor I started with (but with ridiculous spikes on the helmet). If there was a whole new set of equipment that was to ascended what ascended was to exotic, I'd be eyeballs deep in this game right now. But there's not. So bring on GW3!

Ok, fair enough.

If there is a GW3 then a few things from a personal perspective:

1. More open world type mmo and make levleing a bit different then it is now. I prefer a good mix of grinding,farming, quests over just point to point free xp I win.
  2. Better class selection process(such as instead of having to pick our skills over and over let us save them as sets in a wow type fashion of spec talents.)
  3. Maybe make raids not so dependent on every person doing it perfectly and people lose interest quickly. Make them scale better for different size raids.
  4. Better group options. Right now I just say screw it and solo because everyone wants to do something different or they have already been there done that.
  5. Maybe think of adding terraforming to make GW3 a bit better. Such as a Elder dragon of ice comes into paly and you see snow and blizzards and other such effects and changes throughout the lands the dragon affects.
  6. Get rid of points of interest. I get it you want people to explore your game and maps but some of the POI's are more irritating then mariah carey trying to sing at her age.
  7. Be much more responsive to fixing your game then letting it sit there. WoW just came out with a major new patch and they are already fixing a few of the mistakes and changes that caused issues and you guys are sitting here letting half of the complaints sit and hope die out.
  8. maybe a bit easier on making legendaries. I understand a only the people who try will succeed but maybe make class legendaries instead of generalized ones that can be picked for the spec/specs they want.

Lore: it would be weird to have a sequel before the current storyline with the dragons is resolved. And then what will be the next major conflict? Elder Gods? :tongue:

Limitations: I like to think of the remaining unused weapons for Warrior elite specs as a "countdown" to how many expansions they can release before they have to reinvent the system. Four possible left with pistol, scepter, staff, and focus, or five with offhand pistol.

Money: if NCsoft isn't happy with the revenue GW2 expansions are pulling in, they might pressure ANet to change it up. Side note: would not be surprised if this was a major reason why they introduced the Mount Adoption Licenses... anyways, this would be the biggest reason for a GW3 IMO.

@"Mal.1670" said:Lore: it would be weird to have a sequel before the current storyline with the dragons is resolved. And then what will be the next major conflict? Elder Gods? :tongue:

Limitations: I like to think of the remaining unused weapons for Warrior elite specs as a "countdown" to how many expansions they can release before they have to reinvent the system. Four possible left with pistol, scepter, staff, and focus, or five with offhand pistol.

Money: if NCsoft isn't happy with the revenue GW2 expansions are pulling in, they might pressure ANet to change it up. Side note: would not be surprised if this was a major reason why they introduced the Mount Adoption Licenses... anyways, this would be the biggest reason for a GW3 IMO.

There’s prequel stories, like the traversion of the gods into Tyria. (Maybe better for a fractal, but I would love t live through Jadoth’s age).The fall of the demons like Rodgort.There was an era the Jotun were actually the Asura of their time.

And for post dragon stories.. hmm..Can’t of much at the moment. I bet there’s still plenty of chaos in the mists and maybe Asura who wanna mess with the eternal alchemy. Maybe Cantha wants a shot at world domination?

It should also have a subscription fee, a new engine, dyeable weapons, no charr, dyeable backpieces, gvg, more pvp modes or a wvw with more focus on it, built templates, all the sytems that are universally considered a plus that gw2 introduced and every system from gw1 that worked/ was better than in gw2 and grear progression etc. At least for 1 type of content if not all instanced pve so it hold ppls attention for more than a few clears.

I am truly enjoying playing GW2 right now and tbh I really am too deep into GW2 to imagine a GW3 atm. However, when this game has run its course and has been expanded to the brink of breaking itself, or when the player base has diminished down to the point of merging servers until there are 5 or less left, then we can talk about GW3. But I don't see them working on a GW3 anytime soon.

YES !!!! their should be a guild wars 3 !!! their must be a GUILD WARS 3!!! with many improvements and better hard ware support on both video cards and multi core use!!! as well as guild wars 3 MUST HAVE DX 11 support !!

RYZEN THREAD RIPPER support and Vegas 56 and 64 support !!! as well as be able for EVERY ONE to play in 4K !!! even if they use windows 8 never the less they MUST HAVE the best game just as so should we all that have high end computers that we paid thousands of dollars for to be well used for the new game!!

as well as the most newest and latest encoding code that is able to be used !!! and if you can not play in 4K make it so you can at least play in 1080P !!! for thos that have lower end computers !!!

unless they're stepping up their game they need GW3, a complete reset with all the patience this game had to have since launch.IMO when they planned GW2 they had no schedule, now after 5.4 years it barely has a plan.

it's a mess, even ESO, a game that doesn't really has much to go on is more organized then GW2.-the battle system is so messy it feels empty and there is barely any balance to be found.-the world is like cotton, everything goes everywhere and doesn't really have any consistency. (my t-shirt has more consistency)

they need to really change allot to keep this game to the AAA top they want it to be, after HoT they've only gone down hill and never got to that level.

GW2 is running on a modified GW1 engine. The thing is 13 years old and it runs like it. Unless they take some serious time to optimize the ancient code (which they've said they won't do because it'll sacrifice content development, also it'll be a nightmare,) the game performance is going to continue to deteriorate over time. This became painfully obvious with PoF, which killed my performance to the point that I can hardly stand to play anymore. The new maps are gorgeous...and run like a lead bathtub. My comp's performance running the game post-PoF is SO bad that I actually reapplied my thermal paste, bought a new antivirus, and cleaned/defragged a few times over. I was actually worried my computer was dying or infected, that's how severe the difference was post-PoF. It couldn't have been the game, I thought. It ran alright pre-PoF. But lo. Pre-PoF, I would typically run the game with a browser running YouTube in the background with no issue. Post-PoF, if I try that my computer chokes so bad you'd think it was a laptop.

We need GW3 if only for a fresh engine. Sadly I don't expect it to happen any time soon.

@zealex.9410 said:It should also have a subscription fee, a new engine, dyeable weapons, no charr, dyeable backpieces, gvg, more pvp modes or a wvw with more focus on it, built templates, all the sytems that are universally considered a plus that gw2 introduced and every system from gw1 that worked/ was better than in gw2 and grear progression etc. At least for 1 type of content if not all instanced pve so it hold ppls attention for more than a few clears.

Why expunge a playable race that some people enjoy? Just because you dislike them?

@MikeL.8260 said:It's a no brainer, it's the natural evolution, personally I expect one last expansion before GW3 is announced.

No it isn't WoW is doing great without a WoW2 and if you compare WoW graphics to GW2 Grafics I don't really see why so many people here talk about graphics as a reason for a GW3...

I personally absolutely hate this motivation of many companies to just produce new games / consoles as fast as possible - that doesn't make anything good... But since there are people who buy a new Smartphone every year and every single new console whenever there is one and every single Fifa game I can tell where the idea of GW3 is coming from. This consumer madness is ruining every single aspect of quality and user friendlyness and I hope ANet will not give in to that madness. I, like many others, would not buy nor play a GW3 for various reasons.I've already stopped buying consoles, the last console I bought was the PlayStation 2 - I've been buying Pokemon games up until Sun/Moon and I regret every purchase after Diamond/Pearl and will not buy any more Pokemon games. I'm not buying anything from EA anymore, for rather obvious reasons and I encourage everyone else to do the same. And I have bought 1 Smartphone in my entire life and it still serves me well, if it ever breaks I will buy the same Smartphone again.

What I'm trying to say here is: just because something is new doesn't mean it's better and just because there is more of something doesn't mean any of it is actually good.

Everyone who wants to see GW3 probably has a very twisted view of reality... Yes the graphics will probably improve, maybe the engine will run better but does that make a good game? No, graphics and how well a game runs don't matter in the first place, if the gameplay and story aren't gripping then everything else won't save the game. And when it comes to gameplay and story you will find that Companies which just pump out game after game usually produce shitty quality gameplay & story or just reiterations of previous games of the series with very little change while indie companies usually have incredibly detailed stories with innovative gameplay. Is it because they're more talented? Maybe but most likely it's because they focus all their attention to making that one game amazing instead of trying to produce as many games as possible.

So please ANet, take good care of GW2 and don't waste a single thought on GW3!