How to farm badges of honor?

Zlater.6789

Ok so I've been playing for a while, but I never liked wvw. I still don't, but I still have to do it for gifts of battle and wvw infusions. As far as I can tell the most efficient method is to get your participation really high by running around capping random camps and stuff, then just afk at the base until you need to refresh participation. Is this really all there is to it, or is there more? Is there a more efficient way to farm badges, I feel like I'm missing something?

@FitzChevalerie.1035 said:You don't need badge for gift of battle.

And it's kind of odd and a waste to try to get wvw infusions if it's a game mode you despise

WvW infusions are a much cheaper way of getting +5 stat for all those slots if you don't care about AR. +5 Stat/+9 AR infusions are kinda pricey.

But yeah, to echo the above posters, join a zerg and ktrain it up. Badges come pretty quick and easy. Also be sure that the first WvW ability points you allocate are Provision mastery and 1 point in gliding.

• 2 years later...

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one just in case. Was wondering if there is any way at all to acquire these fairly easily/quickly, other than playing in WvW & zerging? E.g. currency conversions, player-to-player trading, other non-WvW content, etc. I know there are a couple JPs I can do to get some, but that's a LOT of effort for little return. I mainly solo PvE & just use these to spend 25+ when it comes up as a daily, to complete the three quickly.

@Nostromo.4126 said:Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one just in case. Was wondering if there is any way at all to acquire these fairly easily/quickly, other than playing in WvW & zerging? E.g. currency conversions, player-to-player trading, other non-WvW content, etc. I know there are a couple JPs I can do to get some, but that's a LOT of effort for little return. I mainly solo PvE & just use these to spend 25+ when it comes up as a daily, to complete the three quickly.

Solo camps and sentries. Wvw is just more unpredictability dangerous than pve is all.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Nostromo.4126 said:Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one just in case. Was wondering if there is any way at all to acquire these fairly easily/quickly, other than playing in WvW & zerging? E.g. currency conversions, player-to-player trading, other non-WvW content, etc. I know there are a couple JPs I can do to get some, but that's a LOT of effort for little return. I mainly solo PvE & just use these to spend 25+ when it comes up as a daily, to complete the three quickly.

Solo camps and sentries. Wvw is just more unpredictability dangerous than pve is all.

Cheers mate. What/where are these solo camps? And dying isn't much of an issue - you just respawn back at your server camp, yeah?

@Nostromo.4126 said:

Cheers mate. What/where are these solo camps? And dying isn't much of an issue - you just respawn back at your server camp, yeah?

Yeah just respwan, everyone dies. Take a good damage build. Burn dh is amazing for this.

The little icons with tents are the camps. Know what color you are for the week and flip any that are not your color. If it has a timer it's because it changed hands recently. A camp can be flipped once every 5 min at the quickest.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/e/e7/Alpine_Borderlands_map.jpg

Thanks, will give it go. What's a 'burn dh' btw? So are those camps usually undefended & you just stand there to claim them, or do you have to kill some NPCs? I generally play a Reaper necro or twin bow ranger in solo PvE, but I can pretty much faceroll most solo content with all exo gear (necro is the only one I ever made an ascended staff for). I have all classes at 80 & could gear them up if needed.

@Nostromo.4126 said:Thanks, will give it go. What's a 'burn dh' btw? So are those camps usually undefended & you just stand there to claim them, or do you have to kill some NPCs? I generally play a Reaper necro or twin bow ranger in solo PvE, but I can pretty much faceroll most solo content with all exo gear (necro is the only one I ever made an ascended staff for). I have all classes at 80 & could gear them up if needed.

Yeah do reaper then it pretty good.Camps have npcs but a competent player can stack them around an object/corner and blow them up. Stand in the ring until it completes capture. Sometimes other players will move to defend or steal the capture but not always. If you have an enemy player show up don't be afraid to fight them. Chances are they aren't any better than you. As a necro make them come to you if you can.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Nostromo.4126"I know you said you didn't really want to but the most efficient way would be to follow a zerg using a class that can easily tag a lot of enemies. If you really don't want to join fights you can just go around fighting sentries (The guards next to the flags) and Try taking on camps by yourself.You'll also get rewarded skirmish chests for playing, You gain pips if your participation is above level 3 that go towards the skirmish chests track, Among other rewards you'll get a chest with selectable option of 20 badges.Also remember to level up "Provisions Master" in the WvW window, when you put enough points into it it gives more badges when you kill a foe.

In order to farm badges. There's no afk or easy fix. You have to be active and commited to battle...and earn them just like everyone else. Anet made it so that you can afk farm the stuff. You earn nothing for not doing the work. Which means for you, it's going to be a grind. Good things come to those who grind.