Twice-told Legend, Need Clarification

Kong.3280

I'm sure this was answered many many times on the forums before, however since I can not access the old forum I'm asking here.

The achievement Twice-told Legend...

Craft the same legendary weapon twice?Bind the same legendary Account Bound twice?Craft and/or bind the same legendary type twice?

As I understand it, you need to present 2 of the same weapon account bound at the same time.

@Kong.3280 said:But, to obtain the title do you have to have them at the same time?Or can you say, make Twilight and Sunrise, make Eternity, then at some point make another Twilight.

You can make Twilight twice, Sunrise twice, bind either Twilight twice or Sunrise twice, then you can reforge them to 2 Eternity and sell those or keep 1 and sell the other.

Net loss, around 2k+ gold since Eternity costs way less than Twilight and Sunrise.

You could just as well make 2 times the same legendary and keep it.

The 2 legendarys need to both be the same AND account bound to get the title.

• Like 1

Since we're on the subject...... 2x Moots are the cheapest way to do it if you're after the title. Fortunately Maces made a minor come back between Condi Renegade and WvW Firebrand. Most practical choice is 2x Incinerator; as double dagger has a hand full of compatible builds.

Actually..... is it possible to make extra copies of the Gen 2.5 Legendaries? Then make an Espec that dual wields shields, so I can go Twin Shooshadoo while I solo Dragon Stand

So in summary:

• You need 2 identical legendaries. (They must be actual legendaries, not reskins.)
  • That means they have to be gen 1 legendaries, as you cannot get 2 of the gen 2 ones.
  • They must both be account bound.
  • You must have them both when you speak to the NPC.
  • It does not matter how they're obtained, only that they are the same weapon (e.g. you need 2 Twilights, not 1 Twilight and 1 Sunrise or 1 Twilight and 1 Eternity).

As starlinvf noted 2 Moot's are the cheapest. But if you don't want to keep both and like the greatswords a better approach might be to make Twilight & Sunrise, then make a 2nd copy of the one you want to keep (to make the rest of this simple let's say it's Twilight you want to keep). Bind both Twilights, get the title, then turn 1 Twilight and 1 Sunrise into Eternity and sell it. You will lose money but I think less than you'd lose if you made and kept 2 identical legendaries.

@Danikat.8537 said:So in summary:

• You need 2 identical legendaries. (They must be actual legendaries, not reskins.)
  • That means they have to be gen 1 legendaries, as you cannot get 2 of the gen 2 ones.
  • They must both be account bound.
  • You must have them both when you speak to the NPC.

Requiring you to have both of them account bound and with you when talking to the NPC was the main thing I was unsure. I had plans to make 2 Bifrost staves. Having both completed the collection for the precursor The Legend and looted one, I was hoping to craft and sell 1 Bifrost, and then use that money to fund the one I keep. That clearly won't work.

Thanks everyone for contributing to this clarification. I hope others will find this useful.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:

ANet has suggested that they are planning to change that at some point, but it's unclear exactly how it would work or when we'll see it.

The obvious solution, though i'm sure not easy in anyway, would be to add the 2nd gen precursors to the relevant loot tables for that content/expansion. That is also assuming those items are meant to not be accessible to anyone without the content it belongs to... if it belongs to one specifically.

@Kong.3280 said:

@"starlinvf.1358" said:Actually..... is it possible to make extra copies of the Gen 2.5 Legendaries?

No the only legendaries you can acquire more than 1 of are the first gen, as all others are collection based, and there's no way to redo the collections.

Gen 2 precursors can only be acquired from the collections, but gen 2.5 pres are crafted. The recipe for Save_the_Queen doesn't use anything you can't farm an endless supply of. I haven't build 2 "The Shining Blade", but I'm pretty sure it is possible.

• 1 month later...

@Quarktastic.1027 said:If you already have one of the Gen 1 legendary weapons, the cheapest option would be to make a second one of those...wouldn't it? (except in the case of eternity)

Not necessarily. In most cases the most expensive part would be the precursor. The overall cost to forge it into the Legendary weapon, regardless of which one it is, would be about the same.

@Kong.3280 said:

@Quarktastic.1027 said:If you already have one of the Gen 1 legendary weapons, the cheapest option would be to make a second one of those...wouldn't it? (except in the case of eternity)

Not necessarily. In most cases the most expensive part would be the precursor. The overall cost to forge it into the Legendary weapon, regardless of which one it is, would be about the same.

Well, according to the API, it costs roughly 900 gold to forge the Moot with the crafted precursor. I don't know how buying the precursor factors into that cost (since you can only craft one precursor) but almost 2000 gold to craft two of the Moot sounds a lot more costly than crafting a second legendary that you already own.

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:

@starlinvf.1358 said:Actually..... is it possible to make extra copies of the Gen 2.5 Legendaries?

No the only legendaries you can acquire more than 1 of are the first gen, as all others are collection based, and there's no way to redo the collections.

Gen 2 precursors can only be acquired from the collections, but gen 2.5 pres are crafted.

I've agreed with the above statement for years now. But I'm starting to think this is incorrect. Sure, you can only do the collections once. But, once those achievements are completed, Grandmaster Crafstman Hobbs allows us to buy the achievement rewards from him directly. For example, I made HOPE a while ago. I'd like to make a second one. So tonight I looked into this in game and using the wiki.

My huntsman has the recipes for Research, Development and Prototype.Each one takes an item from the achievement chests which appear to be purchasable from Hobbs in his Collection Chest tabs.With those chests and recipes, I could craft the 3 stages of the precursor again.And with the precursor crafted, make the legendary again in the mystic forge.

Has anyone actually tried this yet? Has Anet confirmed whether this would work or not?

Certainly seems feasible but I don't know for sure.

@"sirjarros.4107" said:Has anyone actually tried this yet? Has Anet confirmed whether this would work or not?

People have and it doesn't work. I recall a dev (Linsey, iirc) who said they were looking at how to adjust it.

Remember: the goal was to offer a consolation prize to people who had completed two identical legendaries before the wardrobe, when that was the only way to dual wield e.g. Bolt (now you can just reskin). Upon reflection, they agree with players who think, "yeah, but that was then; this is now" and it should be a title accessible to anyone, regardless of which Legend they want to duplicate.

However, making that happen is easier in theory than in practice. There are probably various parts of the collection system that would have to be replicated/replaced/adjusted to make it work.

@"sirjarros.4107" said:Has anyone actually tried this yet? Has Anet confirmed whether this would work or not?

People have and it doesn't work. I recall a dev (Linsey, iirc) who said they were looking at how to adjust it.

Remember: the goal was to offer a consolation prize to people who had completed two identical legendaries before the wardrobe, when that was the only way to dual wield e.g. Bolt (now you can just reskin). Upon reflection, they agree with players who think, "yeah, but that was then; this is now" and it should be a title accessible to anyone, regardless of which Legend they want to duplicate.

However, making that happen is easier in theory than in practice. There are probably various parts of the collection system that would have to be replicated/replaced/adjusted to make it work.

They were looking into how to make unskinned legendaries so you could have 2 of the same.

This sime to have died down since you will be able to have 2 of each weapon when all gen 2 have released

I am not inquiring about the title....i dont care about the title. I want to know if it is possible to craft the gen 2 a second time, given that the achievement chests and recipes are available after having completed the achievements the 1st time. Seems feasible.

@sirjarros.4107 said:

@sirjarros.4107 said:Has anyone actually tried this yet? Has Anet confirmed whether this would work or not?

I am not inquiring about the title....i dont care about the title. I want to know if it is possible to craft the gen 2 a second time, given that the achievement chests and recipes are available after having completed the achievements the 1st time. Seems feasible.

No it is not you can only craft 1 of each precursor ever be it gen 1 or gen 2.

• 4 years later...

Sorry about bumping an old thread, just wondering if it needs to be weapons? I'm currently working on Conflux, the ring. Almost finished. My plan is to as soon as  I have one start making another. Will, after I have two Confluxs, that count towards Twice-Told Legend?

Two of the same legendary, but they aren't weapons.

This won't effect my decision on whether I'll make a second Conflux, I have already decided to make a second one after I finish the first. Just wondering if it will get Twice Told Legend?

• 6 months later...

I am now going to res this old topic as well. So for the people 5 years ago asking if you can make more than 1 Gen 2 precursor.... Yes you can. Because yes I did make a second precursor. I made the second one LONG BEFORE the Legendary Armory came in probably 3 - 4 years ago. Last night I just finished making my first Eureka I have been sitting on it for years (but I kept getting distracted from finishing it). Now it does indeed say 1/1 which I take to mean while I can make a second one but it will not appear in my Armory. It would be nice if someone from Anet would actually weigh in on this. Even if it was just the Janitor =-).

• Confused 1