Henge of Denravi, the commoner's server, needs you

SkyShroud.2865

No shilling, no fud, just cold reality

HOD is one of the weakest host server, only advantage it has is coverage to keeps up its PPT.We don't ever queue 4 maps on reset. We don't ever have decent PST coverage. We get owned a lot. Many pugs are still new to WvW. We have many players playing roamer classes but can't win much roaming fight alone. We lack good enough pug commanders that can show pugs the ways to fight, so they ended up learning the ways to run instead. The pugs cannot carry you, most don't have siege disablers to help you delay enemies.

We got many NA left the server over the years, not able to deal with the losing, not able to deal with the blobbing, a lot of fairweathers claiming they are not. Now that the fairweathers have been flushed out, we need fighters for NA, especially PST. HOD's NA is possibly harshest environment among all NAs to fight in!

We need pug commanders that will educate both himself and others on how to fight. I did that more than a year ago, tagging daily for 6-8 hrs from sea to eu, initially a squad with more than half of roaming classes to a almost full squad of zerg classes. It took couple of months while embracing the hates from all the haters, the long hours tagging gotten the pugs whole lot better. Then a few more months later, I got bored because things got too easy and I felt the agony of my wallet. Most importantly, no new commanders will step up if I tag that long everyday.

HOD is not for the weak hearted, you will suffer numerous defeats. You will experience despairs and frustrations. You will laugh and curse at the same time. It is not a place where you can hope to boost your ego.

Join us in HOD for just 1000 gems, a place of suffering and defeats, where phoenix will raise from the ashes in the distant future.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Lunacy Solacio.6514 said:I think you left out the part about chat constantly complaining about spies and being double teamed, and the lack of vuln on gates, otherwise I think captured it fairly accurately. Although, roamers and roaming builds can help a tag if they know what they are doing.

I thought those chats are normal, seen in many servers.

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Lunacy Solacio.6514 said:I think you left out the part about chat constantly complaining about spies and being double teamed, and the lack of vuln on gates, otherwise I think captured it fairly accurately. Although, roamers and roaming builds can help a tag if they know what they are doing.

It may be seen occasionally on some others, but those that I know that left hod have yet to see anywhere near the amount seen on HoD, and it's worse now than when they left. There are dumb people and trolls on every server, but the extent seen on HoD of the dumb is beyond ridiculous. It's rather willful ignorance, as explaining what the opposing groups are actually doing is ignored at best, and generally met with elaborate conspiracies. And in general, it's primarily HoD and not the linked servers doing it...

Of course it's not everyone, but it's far too many that would rather concoct conspiracies rather than make and respond to callouts.

More power to anyone wanting to change that, and perhaps get people to not nearly all die and actually down enemies in small or large fights, so I don't have to expect everyone around me to just drop dead...

@Lunacy Solacio.6514 said:

It may be seen occasionally on some others, but those that I know that left hod have yet to see anywhere near the amount seen on HoD, and it's worse now than when they left. There are dumb people and trolls on every server, but the extent seen on HoD of the dumb is beyond ridiculous. It's rather willful ignorance, as explaining what the opposing groups are actually doing is ignored at best, and generally met with elaborate conspiracies. And in general, it's primarily HoD and not the linked servers doing it...

Of course it's not everyone, but it's far too many that would rather concoct conspiracies rather than make and respond to callouts.

More power to anyone wanting to change that, and perhaps get people to not nearly all die and actually down enemies in small or large fights, so I don't have to expect everyone around me to just drop dead...

Not really, from what Ive been told by players from other servers HOD is nowhere near the level of the mushshroom clouds of toxicity found in a few other servers. And a lot of that drama is linked to wvw coordination.

Its one of the more laidback communities which has its perks but also its disadvantages. The fact that the majority of current HOD guilds have been there for over 2 years is testament to how stable the server is but its not as organised as other servers or as numerous so it floats between tier 4-3

@BLANE.8346 said:

Not really, from what Ive been told by players from other servers HOD is nowhere near the level of the mushshroom clouds of toxicity found in a few other servers. And a lot of that drama is linked to wvw coordination.

Its one of the more laidback communities which has its perks but also its disadvantages. The fact that the majority of current HOD guilds have been there for over 2 years is testament to how stable the server is but its not as organised as other servers or as numerous so it floats between tier 4-3

What I said and was referring to is different than the toxicity seen on some that I'll decline to name. I'll also decline to get into the reasons behind it's tier positions and other things, besides saying that wish many knew how to fight better...

It is definitely not the place it once was, but in general, yes it is among the more laidback, with some outliers that take it too seriously like every other server has.

What I said and was referring to is different than the toxicity seen on some that I'll decline to name. I'll also decline to get into the reasons behind it's tier positions and other things, besides saying that wish many knew how to fight better...

It is definitely not the place it once was, but in general, yes it is among the more laidback, with some outliers that take it too seriously like every other server has.

you referring to the KOTA era? I am curious cuz ive been on HOD for 2 years so one might say I missed the "old HOD"

@BLANE.8346 said:

you referring to the KOTA era? I am curious cuz ive been on HOD for 2 years so one might say I missed the "old HOD"

lol kota 'era'?

I've been on HoD since it was created as a server, except for a brief time that my guild left in disgust at others when all the drama occurred around a grim, pretty much how it was predicted and many of us warned about, but alas, people don't listen. Quite a bit of money was wasted by quite a few people, which I found funny in a twisted way. Not dark enough to satisfy my humor, but still... Even then, HoD was just a shadow of what it was before that. You could say I was referring to the time from TA (gw2 release), through Tournament Season 2 but really before. season 2 had a lot of transfers in. After many left it was still far better than had been recently. Season 3 was meh. What's left is very much a remnant of a remnant with the bulk of HoD being transfers/new players

In all honesty, was considering leaving until Anet announced this WvW change down the road. The above comments were due to some of that disgust that I pointed out.Fortunately, it has seemed that the constant chat bs of spies and being doubleteamed hasn't been apparent, and occasionally people around aren't dropping dead in every small or even larger fight.

you referring to the KOTA era? I am curious cuz ive been on HOD for 2 years so one might say I missed the "old HOD"Fortunately, it has seemed that the constant chat bs of spies and being doubleteamed hasn't been apparent, and occasionally people around aren't dropping dead in every small or even larger fight.

I imagine most servers have a core that tend to be more passionate and critical than most and we have to take into account all time zones. We're up against HOD often and at least during the few hours around the 6pm pacific stretch HOD's different groups/squads/blobs are varied but they still seem to communicate well. That time slot isn't easy to size everyone up, I've been in fights where we might run right over a group or squad and another fight or two later that same group might totally dismantle our bunch and that might have a lot to do with some of your groups risking a wipe to try new stuff. The regulars in our tier seem to have a nice mix of smaller and larger groups working in and out of each other right now.

• 2 weeks later...

lol kota 'era'?

I've been on HoD since it was created as a server, except for a brief time that my guild left in disgust at others when all the drama occurred around a grim, pretty much how it was predicted and many of us warned about, but alas, people don't listen. Quite a bit of money was wasted by quite a few people, which I found funny in a twisted way. Not dark enough to satisfy my humor, but still... Even then, HoD was just a shadow of what it was before that. You could say I was referring to the time from TA (gw2 release), through Tournament Season 2 but really before. season 2 had a lot of transfers in. After many left it was still far better than had been recently. Season 3 was meh. What's left is very much a remnant of a remnant with the bulk of HoD being transfers/new players

In all honesty, was considering leaving until Anet announced this WvW change down the road. The above comments were due to some of that disgust that I pointed out.Fortunately, it has seemed that the constant chat bs of spies and being doubleteamed hasn't been apparent, and occasionally people around aren't dropping dead in every small or even larger fight.

Ah the grimaldi days, that shits been been buried ages ago let it die lol. Meh the tournaments were among the most toxic days I could remember, I imagine anet made a fortune out of gems cuz of all the transferring.

New WvW video from [AIR] killing bigger groups (NSP, DB, TC), EU timezone guild on HOD

Outnumbered but not outgunned! Join HoD if u looking for challenge. Our EU and OCX is solid, we mainly looking for fresh blood for the early NA, NA prime and main EU timezones. Bring cookies and choya kites plox

@Henrik.7560 said:So many hacking players from HOD lately, and guilds that have been taking advantage using mesmer portals created by the hackers to their advantage to flip tier 3 towers, disappointing.

Screenshots or it didnt happen. Also provide accountnames (block the scumbag to see the accountname). HOD does not condone hacking we need the name to check him and then we all mass report him.

@BLANE.8346 said:

lol kota 'era'?

Ah the grimaldi days, that kitten been been buried ages ago let it die lol. Meh the tournaments were among the most toxic days I could remember, I imagine anet made a fortune out of gems cuz of all the transferring.

I feel like I died, reborn, had kids, watched them grow up and graduated university before them having kids, and then back in the faintest of my other-worldly consciousness on my bed on a sleepless night do I remember something to do with a grimaldi and a HoD.

@Henrik.7560 said:So many hacking players from HOD lately, and guilds that have been taking advantage using mesmer portals created by the hackers to their advantage to flip tier 3 towers, disappointing.

You should see the one from NSP now - I heard a few people saying that one of the guys hacking on DB transferred there. The funniest thing is they ported into Ogre earlier today and all of them got wiped by an ac near our oil. They just stood in lords.Edit: this might also mean that the people following the hacker were probably also newbies and didn't know any better. It was also probably one of the hackers that had a tag.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

You should see the one from NSP now - I heard a few people saying that one of the guys hacking on DB transferred there. The funniest thing is they ported into Ogre earlier today and all of them got wiped by an ac near our oil. They just stood in lords.Edit: this might also mean that the people following the hacker were probably also newbies and didn't know any better. It was also probably one of the hackers that had a tag.

not just NSP and HoD with hackers, recently this TC guy built an AC inside the walls @ SMC lord. Better not be signs....

Havent seen that level of autism since Sialoquent. This guy was frikkin flying around in a golem...

He managed to build an ac inside the walls? Lol that's a new one to me, definitely sounds like a hack. The only way I can think of it not being one is he somehow got stuck on the inner wall near lord, and was able to reach one of the supply depots. I've been trapped in the walls before - I was on top floor sm and was trying to stomp a rev, and he used the downed skill 2 and I went flying off the ledge but somehow ended up inside the walls. I don't know if you could reach supply depot though, I doubt it, too far from the wall so it might be as you say. Were they able to shoot from inside the wall? Scary if so.

I've seen a server on T1 'fall' down from the top floor into the wall. Actually ported some more in.... built an AC in there.

Less Hack, and more likely an exploit. Either way, shouldn't be done.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

not just NSP and HoD with hackers, recently this TC guy built an AC inside the walls @ SMC lord. Better not be signs....

Havent seen that level of autism since Sialoquent. This guy was frikkin flying around in a golem...

He managed to build an ac inside the walls? Lol that's a new one to me, definitely sounds like a hack. The only way I can think of it not being one is he somehow got stuck on the inner wall near lord, and was able to reach one of the supply depots. I've been trapped in the walls before - I was on top floor sm and was trying to stomp a rev, and he used the downed skill 2 and I went flying off the ledge but somehow ended up inside the walls. I don't know if you could reach supply depot though, I doubt it, too far from the wall so it might be as you say. Were they able to shoot from inside the wall? Scary if so.

if its possible to "glitch" inside a smc wall then that guy wasnt hacking he mustve intentionally glitched it to finish building the ac. still deserves a ban imo