[Bug] Can't progress Griffon acquisition quests

Vadar.5724

Just thought I'd share this in case it happens to anyone else.

So I was doing the open skies achievement quests a map at a time and in order. I completed up to the domain of Vabbi achievements, but when I thought I had finished I noticed that the "Open Skies: Elon Riverlands" had reverted back to incomplete and only two items obtained, those being the two from the heart quests. I did not receive my 50g back. The main problem is that I don't have the Sadi equipment finding quest achievement, but it's complete and I have the mini reward from it still. So I can't actually complete it again to get the achievement back. I submitted a ticket, hopefully they fix it.

Another bug, this one stalls the collection for me:

I have completed the "Equiqment Tracker" collection and received the mini etc. but "Golsa, the Rune of Honor" is not unlocked in the "Open Skies: Elon Riverlands" collection and I can not do it again, because its is a collection. So I can not finish it.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Raden Marr.6325" said:I have the same. I have completed everything else just missing the one item from the "Open Skies: Elon Riverlands" [Golsah, the Rune of Honor]

Really annoying after spending 250g and then having one item left.

Same here, though I only spent 200g and about 12 hours so far...

@Morte.5916 said:

@"Raden Marr.6325" said:I have the same. I have completed everything else just missing the one item from the "Open Skies: Elon Riverlands" [Golsah, the Rune of Honor]

Really annoying after spending 250g and then having one item left.

Same here, though I only spent 200g and about 12 hours so far...

False alarm -- you have to pick a (not obvious) dialogue option to get the reward.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

@Cedarzz Might.8365 said:I may have not been clear, Golsah, the Rune of Honor is not being triggered i.e. the Equipment tracker when I speak with Master Sergeant Shadi. I have the eggs but when I fight the Water Djinn there is no sword drop. What I am doing wrong?

The sword part of Equipment Tracker drops from a Fire Djinn. Not a water Djinn.

• 1 year later...

I can't progress the Forgotten Debris quest to obtain a griffon. Interactable locations and npcs do not present the necessary dialogue options to obtain items. Tried logging in and back out, restarting computer, exiting and re-entering the Elon Riverlands, entering party, leaving party, re-entering party, et cetera. Nothing. Any ideas for what might work?

I don't see anything about Forgotten Debris for https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Open_Skies:_Elon_RiverlandsNor do I see anything about https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Forgotten_Debris_(achievement) that has to do with obtaining the Griffon.

Perhaps, I'm blind; but, I have the Griffon and I haven't completed the Forgotten Debris achievement.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:I don't see anything about Forgotten Debris for https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Open_Skies:_Elon_RiverlandsNor do I see anything about https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Forgotten_Debris_(achievement) that has to do with obtaining the Griffon.

Perhaps, I'm blind; but, I have the Griffon and I haven't completed the Forgotten Debris achievement.

Its not required, i have 9/16 and have a gryphon.

My concern is different and your posts are helpful. For over a year I have been trying to complete "To Kill A God" My problem is that the little dragon does nothing as described, she just stands there and gets Grasped by Balthazar, and he has killed my character over 121 times last I counted. I had him down to 50% health and his ability to kill my character quickened to a roughly faster and faster 15 second kills of my ranger. Is this a bug or should I quit trying to kill him and forget the griffon? My family is stunned when they see it all happen and feel that killing Balthazar is impossible. Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

My problem is that I can't use the 'flap' skill on the borrowed griffons, which means I can't get quite a few things for the collections. I've been doing my best using my other mounts, but now I'm to a point where I cannot reach the next egg without using a griffon. I've tried everything I can think of (double checked my settings and keybindings, logged out and back in, restarted my computer, submitted a ticket which led me here, tried using the skill in every possible scenario I can come up with). I'm just really frustrated because at this point, I've sunk 100g into a mount and it's looking like I won't even be able to finish getting it.