What to do with Ascended trash stuff?

Ashura.7092

@Linken.6345 said:Well you get the salvage kits or hammers for free from the t1-t4 daily chests i got more then i can spend over the weeks.So its worth it to me but if you have to buy em I dont belive it will be.

Depends. I get flooded with ascended rings but salvage kits? Saw 1 last week.

Last time I salvage 20 rings, I bought the salvage kits and still made 8 gold profit

@Mourningcry.9428 said:

@Ashura.7092 said:Hi all, doing fractals I'm collecting tons of ascended rings that I'm not using. What can I do with them? I've seen a fractal item to salvage them but it's worth?

Attune any infused rings and then salvage for an extra loot roll. I don't bother attuning a non-infused rings before salvage.

You can get up to 10 matrixes from normal rings and 20 for the infused ones.Do you get another roll for attuned?

Still not sure if its worth all the materials to get 3-30 instead of 1-10 tho.

From the Wiki:

Item-specific dropsAscended rings can be salvaged for 2-42 Stabilizing Matrix.All rings drop one stack of 2-5 (rarely 10, VERY rarely 20) Stabilizing Matrices. (average 4.0 - 44 items)If the ring is Attuned, it drops another stack of 1 (sometimes 2) Stabilizing Matrix. (average 1.1 - 44 items)If the ring is Infused, it drops another stack of 1-5 (rarely 10, VERY rarely 20) Stabilizing Matrices. (average 3.1 - 24 items)

@Dzjudz.9142 said:

@"Ashura.7092" said:Any level of infusion will works?

Infusing the ring doesn't mean putting an agony infusion in it, it means
so it has the text (Infused) and an additional infusion slot (for example: Ring of Red Death (Infused)). Just putting an agony infusion in it won't give you anything.

That is Attuning*

Infused is the random drop you get sometimes which gives another infusion slot.

The correct situation is for example “Attuned Ring of Red Death”.

@Imperadordf.2687 said:

so it has the text (Infused) and an additional infusion slot (for example: Ring of Red Death (Infused)). Just putting an agony infusion in it won't give you anything.

That is Attuning*

This is wrong. @Dzjudz.9142is correct. Infusing and Attuning are mutually exclusive. A ring can be either, or both.

The process for Infusing is exactly as @Dzjudz.9142 stated; while it can be a loot drop, it can also be done explicitly.

Attuned is a different process, and can be preformed on a infused or regular ascended ring.

@Mourningcry.9428 said:

That is Attuning*

This is wrong. @Dzjudz.9142is correct. Infusing and Attuning are mutually exclusive. A ring can be either, or both.

The process for Infusing is exactly as @Dzjudz.9142 stated; while it can be a loot drop, it can also be done explicitly.

is a different process, and can be preformed on a infused or regular ascended ring.

My bad >.> Didn’t see the “Mist Essences” part.

@Imperadordf.2687 said:

That is Attuning*

is a different process, and can be preformed on a infused or regular ascended ring.

My bad >.> Didn’t see the “Mist Essences” part.

All good. Just didn't want newer folks reading to get confused and come back grumpy.

• 2 years later...

I have that problem as well - at the moment. Bank free space is getting rare cause I stored LS2 trinkets (from achievements) and I'm getting new trinkets every now and then from drops (I think from PvP chests sometimes). I don't have "free" salvage kits because I don't do fractals.

I wonder if it is okay to just sell/destroy the trinkets with less intersting stats and only keeping the ones I might use later. (Mabe moving them on some char with free bags.)Or maybe just selling/destroying all of them?

From what I have seen in the Wiki - there is no downside to it isn't there? (Besides having to farm a big again.) Wiki showas that all of the stats are available just by doing LS3 farming and getting some of those trinkets there. So I guess no need to wast valuable laurels even if I destroy all that LS2 achievement trinkets and the other trinkets I got from drops?

@"Luthan.5236" said:I have that problem as well - at the moment. Bank free space is getting rare cause I stored LS2 trinkets (from achievements) and I'm getting new trinkets every now and then from drops (I think from PvP chests sometimes). I don't have "free" salvage kits because I don't do fractals.

I wonder if it is okay to just sell/destroy the trinkets with less intersting stats and only keeping the ones I might use later. (Mabe moving them on some char with free bags.)Or maybe just selling/destroying all of them?

From what I have seen in the Wiki - there is no downside to it isn't there? (Besides having to farm a big again.) Wiki showas that all of the stats are available just by doing LS3 farming and getting some of those trinkets there. So I guess no need to wast valuable laurels even if I destroy all that LS2 achievement trinkets and the other trinkets I got from drops?

Since you pvp why not buy a salvage kit and maybe get rare drop from them when you break it down.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_Salvage_Kit

Here are what can drop from ascended stuff

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Salvage#Ascended_equipment