World Restructuring

Gaile Gray.6029

@Raymond Lukes.6305 said:

@"Phlogistn.7893" said:I realize that many servers no longer feel they have an "identity". That is not, I feel, the case for Tarnished Coast and some other servers I know of. Some people have been on their server since day one, have friends across guilds and have a history. Although "something" needed to be done with WvW I am sad to think that all the people we play with here will be dispersed to the winds. Even stating they can be in an "alliance" with alliances changing from season to season, makes the continuity of community null. Baby, bathwater.....

F L Ö Guild Leader/Commander Valkyrja Söngur [ODIN], a Tarnished Coast Server Admin

Alliances don't change unless you change them. Alliances are groups of guilds that want to play together. They will be limited in size but will remain together as long as the members of the alliance want.

The reality is. Small guilds will suffer. Large guilds will dominate and it will be nothing but a zerg fest with little in the way of strategy.

As well, people have more than one guild for a reason. A person may have a havoc guild, a fight guild, etc. They will now be curtailed to a specific style of play. How will you "evaluate"? Newer players will be at disadvantage.

It also raises the issue of: does total guild member count towards how much "space" a guild takes up in an Alliance? What if a guild is 100+ people but has an active wvw of 25? Are they counted as 100? Will they have to kick friends/retires/folks on break just to meet the threshold to join their alliance? If only the active folks count, what stops BG or any other server from having people go "dead" for a while before relink, stack an alliance, then exceed the limit?

Resistance Is Futile

UXotAHes.jpg

I would like to support this, but I cannot in it's current configuration.... Anet do better

F L Ö Guild Leader/Commander Valkyrja Söngur [ODIN], a Tarnished Coast Server Admin

@Endelon.1042 said:

@KOPPER.1458 said:Hard to tell right now but it seems this system doesn't bode well for those who aren't in a guild? Am I wrong?

According to the post you will just be randomly assigned to a world for the duration of that matchup season (8 weeks). So, if you really enjoy running with a certain person or guild then you'll want to join their guild or alliance.

I don't really want to join their guilds. I'm a more casual player and this seems to hurt those people. I like to join the guilds I know now from time to time. I am not saying this is a bad idea but it seems like I'll just be thrown into a world where I don't know people and the matchup might be terrible.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Endelon.1042 said:Who will be in charge of Alliances (a single player? will there be an Alliance UI panel like the Guild panel?) and how will kicking guilds out of an Alliance be handled?

The current design is that there will be a new tab in the guild panel where guilds can create and manage Alliances. The guild that created the Alliance can kick guilds from the alliance. We have also discussed that no one can kick guilds from an Alliance. Instead anyone can leave an Alliance and form a new one.

@McKenna Berdrow.2759 said:

@Endelon.1042 said:Who will be in charge of Alliances (a single player? will there be an Alliance UI panel like the Guild panel?) and how will kicking guilds out of an Alliance be handled?

The current design is that there will be a new tab in the guild panel where guilds can create and manage Alliances.
The guild that created the Alliance can kick guilds from the alliance. We have also discussed that no one can kick guilds from an Alliance
. Instead anyone can leave an Alliance and form a new one.

Isn't that a contradiction?

@Aenemius.7609 said:This makes me incredibly nervous. WvW benefits a lot from stable, long-term commitment and coordination, the kind that simply can't be made in 8 weeks. How will we know which groups are good at what kinds of play? What happens if one world happens to get a load of highly active roamers, and another gets a load of zerg blobby guilds, based on the algo?Or worse, let's say I and my friends are both in multiple WvW guilds, which are cross-linked in a couple of Alliances, and we happen to get dropped into different worlds? Why would there have to be a transfer cost for me to play with my friends? Will there be an association system to ensure that people with a tangible link will remain so on a reliable basis?

Whilst I am in favour of this change your questions are completely relevant and I just wanted to emphasize that they need answering.

@KOPPER.1458 said:

@KOPPER.1458 said:Hard to tell right now but it seems this system doesn't bode well for those who aren't in a guild? Am I wrong?

According to the post you will just be randomly assigned to a world for the duration of that matchup season (8 weeks). So, if you really enjoy running with a certain person or guild then you'll want to join their guild or alliance.

I don't really want to join their guilds. I'm a more casual player and this seems to hurt those people. I like to join the guilds I know now from time to time. I am not saying this is a bad idea but it seems like I'll just be thrown into a world where I don't know people and the matchup might be terrible.

If you're a casual player that likes to join from time to time then pretty much nothing is changing for you. It would be the same thing if most of the guilds on your current server transferred off to somewhere else and you were left following totally new and different guilds that had transferred onto the server.

I'm glad you guys are really taking to heart the important role that guilds have on servers - and are making it fundamental to a server's success, as has always been the case. I'm very excited to see such a system developed, however I definitely feel that this is something that will require multiple developer blogs (with respective feedback posts) to get it right. You guys have got an amazing basis to work with already though. Props on that.

I just uninstalled the game.

I wanted to leave a short note to my fellow players on Piken (and even those on the "other" forum):

Thank you.

Thank you for being there when my mom was diagnosed with lung cancer, and later brain cancer.

The community was the reason I played (even though I haven't been on in a while because of the above). You guys were the reason why I was so invested. You helped me more than you could possibly know.

I know this is just a video game, but you all gave me support when I had none.

And this decision to kill that community has completely gutted me.

xoxJ.

I'm pretty hyped for proposed changes, but as a member of cross region guild, I have a question I've not seen answered here before:

Let's have 450 member guild, that is a group of people from let's say 20 worlds in current system, with biggest chunk in two main worlds, let's assume 70 people on Underworld (EU) and 60 on Fort Aspenwood (NA). Let's say that half of people from those worlds are serious WvWers that like to play together on reset nights. One day, we welcome new system, and everyone in the guild are now only region-bound. the 65 serious WvW players want to still play the WvW together, so they decide to set guild as WvW one, and them as WvW players. What happens in that situation? Can guild join two worlds, one per region? Or will the guild join one world, in only one region? If yes, how will be the region determined? Will all the players (that commited to be WvW players for such guild) be forced to region change to play WvW? Or will they be automatically guested to other region when entering WvW? Maybe you will disallow guild to be set as WvW guilds to have members on both regions? What happens when the guild join alliance? Again - can alliance be on two different worlds, one per region?

Basically.. How will those changes support guilds that are mainly cross-region, cross-worlds communities, but sometimes group of members team up for some serious WvW?

Hello! I'm a roleplayer and on behalf of the roleplay community, I'd like to ask how world elimination will effect us. Since launch, for NA players at least, we've all signed up for Tarnished Coast. Being on the same server, and having that shard priority has helped us find random roleplay in the world and gather places like Salma and various places around the world, without having to be a part of the same guild. Will the elimination of worlds mean we're all randomly thrown into different shards every time we log on?

If implemented correctly, this could be the greatest change to GW2 in the history of the game, and likely would be for the rest of the game's life. It's hard for me to put into words all the amazing feelings I have after reading this blueprint. No longer having to worry about huge transfer fees in order to find the right server for WvW or to play with my new friends in WvW would mean so much to me, and I'm sure a ton of players. Being able to set a guild as a WvW guild and knowing that you'll always be together each season in WvW is just amazing.

Please take this seriously, please put a lot of time into this, please make this a priority. Because this is the change WvW needs, and has needed for a long time. And I would pay extra money to make this happen quicker, I would be willing to pay $29.99 for a WvW DLC pack if that would allow more staff to work on this. These changes are just that important to the game.