World Restructuring - Page 3 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

World Restructuring

Comments

• This is something that has to be implemented perfectly without flaws to begin with otherwise it could cause a lot more harm towards WvW to the point of driving people away, I hope anet does it well.

• shiri.4257shiri.4257 Member ✭✭✭✭

Is the Ruins of Surmia alliance still available? I need to speak to their war council ASAP.

Spectre [VII] - Wood League Champion. Making "fight guilds" stack on higher tiers since 2013.
    Michelin rated WvW guild since 2015. The gold standard. Never transferred, never reformed, adapting and reloading with or without Anet.

• I just ask you to include KDR in the meters you'll use. On top of playtime and all those others you mentioned. That shows up how good a player can be...

Veteran Pugmander of EU timezone in NA

• I hope you will make a quick FAQ in the next few days so that people won't keep on posting the same questions and have to look up for replies

• @Endelon.1042 said:

@KOPPER.1458 said:
    Hard to tell right now but it seems this system doesn't bode well for those who aren't in a guild? Am I wrong?

According to the post you will just be randomly assigned to a world for the duration of that matchup season (8 weeks). So, if you really enjoy running with a certain person or guild then you'll want to join their guild or alliance.

I don't really want to join their guilds. I'm a more casual player and this seems to hurt those people. I like to join the guilds I know now from time to time. I am not saying this is a bad idea but it seems like I'll just be thrown into a world where I don't know people and the matchup might be terrible.

• Is there an ETA on the implementation? Spring, summer, fall, winter, next year, next decade?

Of course it won't be easy. Nothing worthwhile ever is.

• Hm.. I wonder if it would be possible to give guilds in an alliance the ability to share participation for their Guild Missions. It could allow smaller guilds to complete stuff without having to disband and joining a larger guild.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@McKenna Berdrow.2759 said:

@Endelon.1042 said:
    Who will be in charge of Alliances (a single player? will there be an Alliance UI panel like the Guild panel?) and how will kicking guilds out of an Alliance be handled?

The current design is that there will be a new tab in the guild panel where guilds can create and manage Alliances. The guild that created the Alliance can kick guilds from the alliance. We have also discussed that no one can kick guilds from an Alliance. Instead anyone can leave an Alliance and form a new one.

Isn't that a contradiction?

Thank You for the {MEME}

• morrolan.9608morrolan.9608 Member ✭✭✭

@Aenemius.7609 said:
    This makes me incredibly nervous. WvW benefits a lot from stable, long-term commitment and coordination, the kind that simply can't be made in 8 weeks. How will we know which groups are good at what kinds of play? What happens if one world happens to get a load of highly active roamers, and another gets a load of zerg blobby guilds, based on the algo?
    Or worse, let's say I and my friends are both in multiple WvW guilds, which are cross-linked in a couple of Alliances, and we happen to get dropped into different worlds? Why would there have to be a transfer cost for me to play with my friends? Will there be an association system to ensure that people with a tangible link will remain so on a reliable basis?

Whilst I am in favour of this change your questions are completely relevant and I just wanted to emphasize that they need answering.

• @McKenna Berdrow.2759 said:

The new system will use 1up1down.

Is there any chance to have a new remodeling to the EBG map? like new terrain, textures, etc... is kinda old and ugly the graphics there.

• McKenna, will we be able to have an 'alliance' chat the way we had in gw1?

• Endelon.1042Endelon.1042 Member ✭✭✭

@KOPPER.1458 said:

@Endelon.1042 said:

@KOPPER.1458 said:
    Hard to tell right now but it seems this system doesn't bode well for those who aren't in a guild? Am I wrong?

According to the post you will just be randomly assigned to a world for the duration of that matchup season (8 weeks). So, if you really enjoy running with a certain person or guild then you'll want to join their guild or alliance.

I don't really want to join their guilds. I'm a more casual player and this seems to hurt those people. I like to join the guilds I know now from time to time. I am not saying this is a bad idea but it seems like I'll just be thrown into a world where I don't know people and the matchup might be terrible.

If you're a casual player that likes to join from time to time then pretty much nothing is changing for you. It would be the same thing if most of the guilds on your current server transferred off to somewhere else and you were left following totally new and different guilds that had transferred onto the server.

• I'm glad you guys are really taking to heart the important role that guilds have on servers - and are making it fundamental to a server's success, as has always been the case. I'm very excited to see such a system developed, however I definitely feel that this is something that will require multiple developer blogs (with respective feedback posts) to get it right. You guys have got an amazing basis to work with already though. Props on that.

• I'm pretty hyped for proposed changes, but as a member of cross region guild, I have a question I've not seen answered here before:

Let's have 450 member guild, that is a group of people from let's say 20 worlds in current system, with biggest chunk in two main worlds, let's assume 70 people on Underworld (EU) and 60 on Fort Aspenwood (NA). Let's say that half of people from those worlds are serious WvWers that like to play together on reset nights. One day, we welcome new system, and everyone in the guild are now only region-bound. the 65 serious WvW players want to still play the WvW together, so they decide to set guild as WvW one, and them as WvW players. What happens in that situation? Can guild join two worlds, one per region? Or will the guild join one world, in only one region? If yes, how will be the region determined? Will all the players (that commited to be WvW players for such guild) be forced to region change to play WvW? Or will they be automatically guested to other region when entering WvW? Maybe you will disallow guild to be set as WvW guilds to have members on both regions? What happens when the guild join alliance? Again - can alliance be on two different worlds, one per region?

Basically.. How will those changes support guilds that are mainly cross-region, cross-worlds communities, but sometimes group of members team up for some serious WvW?

• ReaverKane.7598ReaverKane.7598 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Kabar Jaw.4670 said:
    So if a guild has a large population but only a portion of that guild actually plays WvW, would they have to make a new guild in order to keep the population accurate?

Relevant question here. What would be the odds and ends for a guild to be considered a WvW guild?

• rip magswag, will miss u guys ;c

• If five small guilds form an alliance will their maximum guild size be limited compared to a solo guild to keep the alliance population from exceeding the maximum amount? If so how will that work?

• Schnitzelweck.7690Schnitzelweck.7690 Member ✭✭
    edited February 1, 2018

I don't think that's a good idea.
    Not for nothing there are servers in Europe with separate languages. It would be easier to close some of the smaller servers. These players can then choose a new server. So you have the problem with the 'redistribute the players' only once.... and not every 8 weeks.

• CrimsonNeonite.1048CrimsonNeonite.1048 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2018

@Endelon.1042 said:

@X T D.6458 said:

@Kerall.7390 said:
    Well, not optimistic about the effects this will have on WvW. I'd love to be proven wrong. But this looks like it will destroy communities.

Thats going to ruin wvw for a lot of people, this essentially makes it meaningless as there is no reason to play for your server. No reason to defend, upgrade, scout, or do anything. It will basically turn into an eotm style ktrain.

Why wouldn't you want to scout, defend, and upgrade for your guild and for your Alliance?

With links it feels out of your control and pointless as it is. Besides that, PPT has been pointless for the most part since launch, apart from when and whether you had server pride, nowadays you have kdr and ppk to brag about aswell.

Once you realize its playing so many tireless hours, doing these chores for little to no reason, it's more fun focusing to have fun with a group of players/friends when you get the time to play, rather than burn yourself out on something so imbalanced.

I wish wvw was as populated and more competitive like it used to be, but it isn't happening with links or the old system.

• @Schnitzelweck.7690 said:
    I don't think that's a good idea.
    Not for nothing there are servers in Europe with separate languages. It would be easier to close some of the smaller servers. These players can then choose a new server. So you have the problem with the 'redistribute the players' only once.... and not every 8 weeks.

A quote:

Guilds will be able to set their language. An alliance will take the language of the guild that created it. If you aren't playing with a guild then the system will use whatever language you set the game as to sort you into a world that is that language.

• Endelon.1042Endelon.1042 Member ✭✭✭

@CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:

@Endelon.1042 said:

@X T D.6458 said:

@Kerall.7390 said:
    Well, not optimistic about the effects this will have on WvW. I'd love to be proven wrong. But this looks like it will destroy communities.

Thats going to ruin wvw for a lot of people, this essentially makes it meaningless as there is no reason to play for your server. No reason to defend, upgrade, scout, or do anything. It will basically turn into an eotm style ktrain.

Why wouldn't you want to scout, defend, and upgrade for your guild and for your Alliance?

With links it feels out of your control and pointless as it is. Besides that, PPT has been pointless for the most part since launch, apart from server pride.

Once you realize its playing so many tireless hours, doing these chores for little to no reason, it's more fun focusing to have fun with a group of players/friends when you get the time to play, rather than burn yourself out.

If that's already the case then how would Alliances be changing that or making it worse?

• MadBomber.3719MadBomber.3719 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2018

I'm excited for this change. We needed a change and this for once is a good one. Communities can still stay together (just form an alliance...) there will be more balance in terms of population and freshen up matchups.

i hope anet sticks with this one and doesnt give in, there will be no more Mag or BG for people to whine about or closed servers that people cant get their guild members in.

PLEASE ANET GO THROUGH WITH THIS

• Please take into consideration the kills/deaths ratio into creating a world.

Also would be nice to have skirmish points split between ppk and ppt to balance out both ways of playing

• I love this so much!!! WvW is the whole reason I bought this game and only reason I still play this game. I am so happy!!! Lets do it I wanna test play!!

• kitten, just when I was sure anet had thrown in the towel on balancing WvW population and coverage, they drop a HUGE overhaul that restructures the whole system. I for one welcome this faction system, it sounds fantastic for guilds like mine(could very well revive the "s̶e̶r̶v̶e̶r̶ pride" that was lost when megaservers hit). While I understand hesitation and some pessimism from other styles of WvW players, I think this is a great change, and everyone should be able to find a comfortable balance once the inevitable bugs are routed out, drama lines are drawn, and the dust settles. Bravo anet, bravo.

• Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Endelon.1042 said:

@Jayne.9251 said:
    I just uninstalled the game.

I wanted to leave a short note to my fellow players on Piken (and even those on the "other" forum):

Thank you.

Thank you for being there when my mom was diagnosed with lung cancer, and later brain cancer.

The community was the reason I played (even though I haven't been on in a while because of the above). You guys were the reason why I was so invested. You helped me more than you could possibly know.

I know this is just a video game, but you all gave me support when I had none.

And this decision to kill that community has completely gutted me.

xox
    J.

hey are you Crazy Jayne that was on TC back around launch?

Yes, that's her.

• I would be willing to pay $30 for an optional WvW DLC pack so that more staff could be paid to work on the restructuring plans. What would I like to see in the pack?

• wvw-themed outfit
    • wvw-themed glider
    • new guild hall decors
    • wvw xp potions
    • new char slot
  • ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2018

@Jayne.9251 said:
    I just uninstalled the game.

I wanted to leave a short note to my fellow players on Piken (and even those on the "other" forum):

Thank you.

Thank you for being there when my mom was diagnosed with lung cancer, and later brain cancer.

The community was the reason I played (even though I haven't been on in a while because of the above). You guys were the reason why I was so invested. You helped me more than you could possibly know.

I know this is just a video game, but you all gave me support when I had none.

And this decision to kill that community has completely gutted me.

xox
    J.

Sorry, that is really rough. I think the current suggestion of the system leaves out a lot of players like you. While I very much do appreciate my guild and don't really have much to do with server loyalty, . I associate with quite a few guilds in WvW and it would be very unfortunate to part with them. Nor is picking between them sound desirable. And our guilds certainly have quite a few "non-associated"" players, so called pugs, that are very much valued as well.

The thing about this game, Guild Wars 2, is that you didn't have to be in a big guild to enjoy most of it. Yes, I know the name of the game, but the name comes from lore-- it was never designed around it and that was clear from day 1. But this kind of thing heavily favors big guilds and you might remember what happened during HoT with the guild hall changes that wrecked a lot of small havocguilds from particpating in wvw. Those people will never come back. But perhaps I guess that's just reality, and the people that remain are in the majority now, perhaps.

But I guess the method of shuffling chairs in a burning house is going to work. I have my doubts.

Also lol it's gonna be abused anyways.

• Roxanne.6140Roxanne.6140 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2018

k so, firstly, expect alot of BG salt.

Secondly, I know this means something for the average pug who may or may not be very skilled in wvw with expectations but does not want the commitment or drama of a guild. At this moment, I do not know what wvw will now mean for such a pug but it does mean something and it will likely go very wrongly in the way of PVE raids unless the valuations are done properly. But of course, PVE raids are not wrong are they not?

• DeadlySynz.3471DeadlySynz.3471 Member ✭✭✭✭

I think this is a very promising way to go, but the Dev team needs to keep one thing in mind; if there is a way to skirt the system causing grief to others (like out-stacking your competition), players will do it.

During the process, you guys should also be looking for any and all loopholes (like transferring), to see if there is some way players can exploit the system, because if given the chance, some will.

• alot of hype goin around. Would love to see some old guilds return. GG anet glad you listened.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@McKenna Berdrow.2759 said:

@Kabar Jaw.4670 said:
    So if a guild has a large population but only a portion of that guild actually plays WvW, would they have to make a new guild in order to keep the population accurate?

No. Only players who set that guild as their WvW guild will count towards that guilds WvW population.

Please consider keeping the max number of guilded and alliance players on a given world to 2/3 or around that.

Otherwise, mega guilds and mega alliances are going to effectively dominate.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Sounds pretty amazing! Looking forward to a lot of these changes!

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.