World Restructuring

Gaile Gray.6029

@Endelon.1042 said:

@Kerall.7390 said:Well, not optimistic about the effects this will have on WvW. I'd love to be proven wrong. But this looks like it will destroy communities.

Thats going to ruin wvw for a lot of people, this essentially makes it meaningless as there is no reason to play for your server. No reason to defend, upgrade, scout, or do anything. It will basically turn into an eotm style ktrain.

Why wouldn't you want to scout, defend, and upgrade for your guild and for your Alliance?

With links it feels out of your control and pointless as it is. Besides that, PPT has been pointless for the most part since launch, apart from when and whether you had server pride, nowadays you have kdr and ppk to brag about aswell.

Once you realize its playing so many tireless hours, doing these chores for little to no reason, it's more fun focusing to have fun with a group of players/friends when you get the time to play, rather than burn yourself out on something so imbalanced.

I wish wvw was as populated and more competitive like it used to be, but it isn't happening with links or the old system.

@Schnitzelweck.7690 said:I don't think that's a good idea.Not for nothing there are servers in Europe with separate languages. It would be easier to close some of the smaller servers. These players can then choose a new server. So you have the problem with the 'redistribute the players' only once.... and not every 8 weeks.

A quote:

Guilds will be able to set their language. An alliance will take the language of the guild that created it. If you aren't playing with a guild then the system will use whatever language you set the game as to sort you into a world that is that language.

@CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:

@Kerall.7390 said:Well, not optimistic about the effects this will have on WvW. I'd love to be proven wrong. But this looks like it will destroy communities.

Thats going to ruin wvw for a lot of people, this essentially makes it meaningless as there is no reason to play for your server. No reason to defend, upgrade, scout, or do anything. It will basically turn into an eotm style ktrain.

Why wouldn't you want to scout, defend, and upgrade for your guild and for your Alliance?

With links it feels out of your control and pointless as it is. Besides that, PPT has been pointless for the most part since launch, apart from server pride.

Once you realize its playing so many tireless hours, doing these chores for little to no reason, it's more fun focusing to have fun with a group of players/friends when you get the time to play, rather than burn yourself out.

If that's already the case then how would Alliances be changing that or making it worse?

This a change wvw has needed for so long. Thanks anet.Just a few questions:Will there be a cap on how many alliances in a world?What if you are in multiple wvw based guilds, say if you're playing in more than one timezone, would you have to rely on alliances to play in both/all of them?I know it's not really related. But will the character limit of maps change?

@"Jayne.9251" said:I just uninstalled the game.

I wanted to leave a short note to my fellow players on Piken (and even those on the "other" forum):

Thank you.

Thank you for being there when my mom was diagnosed with lung cancer, and later brain cancer.

The community was the reason I played (even though I haven't been on in a while because of the above). You guys were the reason why I was so invested. You helped me more than you could possibly know.

I know this is just a video game, but you all gave me support when I had none.

And this decision to kill that community has completely gutted me.

xoxJ.

I can understand that sentiment Jayne, I also felt kicked in the gut reading this. I have lost loved ones in the game, and made life long friends. We had an entire server hold a funeral procession for a server member and raise funds for his funeral. Game communities are often more to us than our "real life" communities. I know many of us spend more time "here" than anywhere else.

Because I love this game, and the community I play on, and the guild I helped create, and the friends I have made here (even those no longer on TC), I will hold out to see how this turns out. And hope to make things better for those I can play with.

F L Ö Guild Leader/Commander Valkyrja Söngur [ODIN], a Tarnished Coast Server Admin

I'm excited for this change. We needed a change and this for once is a good one. Communities can still stay together (just form an alliance...) there will be more balance in terms of population and freshen up matchups.

i hope anet sticks with this one and doesnt give in, there will be no more Mag or BG for people to whine about or closed servers that people cant get their guild members in.

PLEASE ANET GO THROUGH WITH THIS

Damn, just when I was sure anet had thrown in the towel on balancing WvW population and coverage, they drop a HUGE overhaul that restructures the whole system. I for one welcome this faction system, it sounds fantastic for guilds like mine(could very well revive the "s̶e̶r̶v̶e̶r̶ pride" that was lost when megaservers hit). While I understand hesitation and some pessimism from other styles of WvW players, I think this is a great change, and everyone should be able to find a comfortable balance once the inevitable bugs are routed out, drama lines are drawn, and the dust settles. Bravo anet, bravo.

@Endelon.1042 said:

I wanted to leave a short note to my fellow players on Piken (and even those on the "other" forum):

Thank you.

Thank you for being there when my mom was diagnosed with lung cancer, and later brain cancer.

The community was the reason I played (even though I haven't been on in a while because of the above). You guys were the reason why I was so invested. You helped me more than you could possibly know.

xoxJ.

hey are you Crazy Jayne that was on TC back around launch?

Yes, that's her.

Thank you.

xoxJ.

Sorry, that is really rough. I think the current suggestion of the system leaves out a lot of players like you. While I very much do appreciate my guild and don't really have much to do with server loyalty, . I associate with quite a few guilds in WvW and it would be very unfortunate to part with them. Nor is picking between them sound desirable. And our guilds certainly have quite a few "non-associated"" players, so called pugs, that are very much valued as well.

The thing about this game, Guild Wars 2, is that you didn't have to be in a big guild to enjoy most of it. Yes, I know the name of the game, but the name comes from lore-- it was never designed around it and that was clear from day 1. But this kind of thing heavily favors big guilds and you might remember what happened during HoT with the guild hall changes that wrecked a lot of small havocguilds from particpating in wvw. Those people will never come back. But perhaps I guess that's just reality, and the people that remain are in the majority now, perhaps.

But I guess the method of shuffling chairs in a burning house is going to work. I have my doubts.

Also lol it's gonna be abused anyways.

k so, firstly, expect alot of BG salt.

Secondly, I know this means something for the average pug who may or may not be very skilled in wvw with expectations but does not want the commitment or drama of a guild. At this moment, I do not know what wvw will now mean for such a pug but it does mean something and it will likely go very wrongly in the way of PVE raids unless the valuations are done properly. But of course, PVE raids are not wrong are they not?

I think this is a very promising way to go, but the Dev team needs to keep one thing in mind; if there is a way to skirt the system causing grief to others (like out-stacking your competition), players will do it.

During the process, you guys should also be looking for any and all loopholes (like transferring), to see if there is some way players can exploit the system, because if given the chance, some will.

@McKenna Berdrow.2759 said:

@Kabar Jaw.4670 said:So if a guild has a large population but only a portion of that guild actually plays WvW, would they have to make a new guild in order to keep the population accurate?

No. Only players who set that guild as their WvW guild will count towards that guilds WvW population.

Please consider keeping the max number of guilded and alliance players on a given world to 2/3 or around that.

Otherwise, mega guilds and mega alliances are going to effectively dominate.