Still no bikini or "speedo"?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@reikken.4961 said:

@bara yaoi.3824 said:Why must players that wish to look seductive are required to sacrifice their armor,

Because this isn't a JRPG.

female human light armor disagrees

Yeah, I know. I see plenty of them running around.I only play Charr, we pretty much have nothing like that -- which is a little ironic as even without clothes they're still covered with fur.It'd be neat to be able to see more of the Charr fur patterns.

~ Kovu

@"Kovu.7560" said:

Yeah, I know. I see plenty of them running around.I only play Charr, we pretty much have nothing like that -- which is a little ironic as even without clothes they're still covered with fur.It'd be neat to be able to see more of the Charr fur patterns.

~ Kovu

I agreeand ditto for asura

but alas. no such options exist. I personally wouldn't use a bikini/speedo, but more options in general would be nicethis is the only time I have ever seen what my character's skin looks like:LeRXzpt.jpg

@thesilverdragoon.3078 said:Why do people have a problem with what other people wear? I wouldn't mind if a swimsuit got implemented and I don't care if other people use it. It's not disturbing or weird, it's just a swimsuit. Get over it.

The video was disturbing, not anyone's choice of outfit, silly. Your character can run around in a loincloth for all I care. Lord Faren might not like you elbowing in on his market though. ;)

@"kharmin.7683" said:Yeah, like this idea if it comes to fruition won't be abused.

I vote no.

You know, I've played many MMOs, and none of them have ever had a problem with people abusing the system. It wasn't a problem in Phantasy Star Universe. It wasn't a problem in City of Heroes. It isn't a problem in DCUO. As to why, that comes down to human psychology:

Most people have an ounce of shame. They are concerned with their status, and their presentation. Even in a virtual environment. Though a lot of people want to own bikinis and speedos for their toons, they don't want to be known as "that guy". You know, the creepy perverts who don't have an ounce of shame. Or a mid-pubescent kid who doesn't understand self control or appropriateness. Either one is a fate worse than death, and as the former I envy the dead. But either way, this ever-present social pressure guides players away from running around knekkid.

Hell, I got some clapback for how I dress my thief, and that's just using a hybrid of armor pieces.

Some people seem to be confusing scanty with naked. Personally, I have no problem with either one.

@Ariurotl.3718 said:... else you end up zerging exclusively with gangs of strippers in technicolor underwear.I like that idea! Technicolor underwear would be much nicer than the underwear we can zerg in at the moment. Why is there no dye channel for underwear, even during character creation?

While I don't mind revealing clothes I wouldn't want to see people running around in Speedos and Bikinis. There's a difference between a sorcerer who doesn't need armor and thus wears comfortable (sometimes revealing) clothes and someone who runs around in his underwear. One is just beeing practical and the other is beeing ridiculous.I mean, if we'd actually get Bikinis and speedos in the game, what would be the next step? Bandaids to cover certain places for females and a tiny traffic cone for males?

@TwilightSoul.9048 said:While I don't mind revealing clothes I wouldn't want to see people running around in Speedos and Bikinis. There's a difference between a sorcerer who doesn't need armor and thus wears comfortable (sometimes revealing) clothes and someone who runs around in his underwear. One is just beeing practical and the other is beeing ridiculous.I mean, if we'd actually get Bikinis and speedos in the game, what would be the next step? Bandaids to cover certain places for females and a tiny traffic cone for males?

Slippery slope fallacy

@TwilightSoul.9048 said:While I don't mind revealing clothes I wouldn't want to see people running around in Speedos and Bikinis. There's a difference between a sorcerer who doesn't need armor and thus wears comfortable (sometimes revealing) clothes and someone who runs around in his underwear. One is just beeing practical and the other is beeing ridiculous.I mean, if we'd actually get Bikinis and speedos in the game, what would be the next step? Bandaids to cover certain places for females and a tiny traffic cone for males?

Yes

Can't happen, Anet doesn't want everyone upstaging Lord Faren, so there won't be speedo's for male characters...and I guess the same can be said for females, Kasmeer has that covered...though you do get a bikini when in a certain part of Southsun, and when using diving goggles.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@"Zeivu.3615" said:Our toons are essential Barbie dolls. It's not like Arenanet are putting kitten and genitals under that underwear. If your 5 year old is fine with a naked doll, your teen will be fine with underwear and swimsuits.

My partner calls this game "Digital Barbie"...

Well, it is often referred to as "Fashion Wars" for a reason. :p

@"Laila Lightness.8742" said:This is a game for 12+ bikinies is not allowed

The Teen rating is 13+, and allows the use of full on suggestive themes if you want to consider a Bikini "suggestive", they're even allowed in E10+ to some degree. Wearing a bikini isn't the same as being nude and doing things, which is when it becomes Mature or Adults Only.