Desert Armor not salvageable

X T D.6458

I just had a thread about this recently as well. I'm thinking it's probably intentional just bc it's been so long since they've been introduced without any change or comment. What's was weird to me is you can put them in the forge, but I could never find any recipe to actually forge them. With no way to salvage or sell, I eventually just destroyed them . . .

I think it's simply meant as a way for wvw-only players to unlock the skins . . .

+1 for a solution to this. I farmed the Crystal Desert reward track 32 times to unlock all the Bounty Hunter and Warforged skins, only to discover that they couldn't be salvaged, forged or sold. If you don't have any mules you can give the armor to (and mine have all long since had Exotic or even Ascended armor), the only thing you can do with them is to destroy them. There should NEVER be a situation where the only thing you can do with loot is to trash it.

While we're at it, the Triumphant Hero armor skins and Mistforged Hero weapons bought from the Skirmish vendor have the same problem.

• 6 months later...

Just trying to revive this thread.There must be a way to make these armor pieces salvageable without causing farming problems... After all we can salvage stuff bought with Badges of Honor. It comes with a loss, but at least we can keep runes.Please Anet, what we're asking here is not that big...

@"Eclipsiste.3251" said:Just trying to revive this thread.There must be a way to make these armor pieces salvageable without causing farming problems... After all we can salvage stuff bought with Badges of Honor. It comes with a loss, but at least we can keep runes.Please Anet, what we're asking here is not that big...

What do you mean by "farming problems"? Legacy and triumphant armors are salvageable, and they have all stats available for selextion, like desert armors...

Yeah at this point I just let the boxes sit unopened. I pop 6 at a time for purely experimental purposes or to quickly gear a new toon with PoF stats, but outside of that I have to get clovers and those end-of-track mats elsewhere. I still like just having a double-digit stack of armor boxes around, knowing that I can throw together most of any experimental gear set with just a few clicks.

I'm sure I'd feel very differently if I were short on Mystic Clovers for a legendary, though. Having to completely destroy a potentially salvageable exotic just to get at more mats seems uniquely punitive to the Crystal Desert reward track.

@voltaicbore.8012 said:Yeah at this point I just let the boxes sit unopened. I pop 6 at a time for purely experimental purposes or to quickly gear a new toon with PoF stats, but outside of that I have to get clovers and those end-of-track mats elsewhere. I still like just having a double-digit stack of armor boxes around, knowing that I can throw together most of any experimental gear set with just a few clicks.

I'm sure I'd feel very differently if I were short on Mystic Clovers for a legendary, though. Having to completely destroy a potentially salvageable exotic just to get at more mats seems uniquely punitive to the Crystal Desert reward track.

That is what I do as well since I like to try different builds constantly, the problem is not being able to get my runes back. I got stacks of mystic clovers now because of this hehe.

@voltaicbore.8012 said:Yeah at this point I just let the boxes sit unopened. I pop 6 at a time for purely experimental purposes or to quickly gear a new toon with PoF stats, but outside of that I have to get clovers and those end-of-track mats elsewhere. I still like just having a double-digit stack of armor boxes around, knowing that I can throw together most of any experimental gear set with just a few clicks.

I feel you, but after having unlocked every skin from the desert track, I dont bother with it anymore. I do legacy and triumphant tracks, as those armors have all stats selectable and you can also salvage them. The only reason to do desert armor track is the extra gold it provide, if you absolutely need it.