[Merged] Customer Support Ticket Response Times

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Zedek.8932" said:

But I would not connect "Nirvana" with anything good though.

"Nirvana is a place of perfect peace and happiness, like heaven. In Hinduism and Buddhism, nirvana is the highest state that someone can attain, a state of enlightenment, meaning a person's individual desires and suffering go away."

@costepj.5120 said:

@"Zedek.8932" said:

"Nirvana is a place of perfect peace and happiness, like heaven. In Hinduism and Buddhism, nirvana is the highest state that someone can attain, a state of enlightenment, meaning a person's individual desires and suffering go away."

And also one of the best bands that has ever existed. (The 90's one, not the 60's one.)

@costepj.5120 said:

@"Zedek.8932" said:

And a way overrated band as well!

• ArenaNet Staff

Alright, you guys, it's starting smell like Teen Spirit around here. :)

Zedek: I'm going to respond to your concerns, because you're exactly right about errors in the past. I want to work through them with you, but I agree, "errors were made" as the saying goes, and I'm in full confession mode for my part in them. Thanks for submitting that ticket so I can let you know what I found out.

ReaverKane: I'm still working on the process for removing a post when it (usually inadvertently) quotes unacceptable content. I think we can do better, and I'll try to figure that out!

The English support on GW2 was always fast, friendly, and helpful. Zero complaints.My interaction with the German language support though ... personally, I think it's better to have no German language support than get a Google translated answer that makes absolutely no sense to a native speaker.(I'd post a screenshot, but I don't know if that's even allowed.)

@Ashamir.9574 said:The English support on GW2 was always fast, friendly, and helpful. Zero complaints.My interaction with the German language support though ... personally, I think it's better to have no German language support than get a Google translated answer that makes absolutely no sense to a native speaker.(I'd post a screenshot, but I don't know if that's even allowed.)

Maybe training in how to use automatic translation programs would help? They are getting better but copy/pasting a random block of text will almost always come out gibberish. Stick to simple sentences that are also short. The more you know about the target language the better as it will help you spot errors.

BTW, structurally english is closer to germanic languages than romance ones, even though english borrowed a lot of words from romance languages. So google translate will probably have a better shot with english to german than english to, oh, italian.

In some languages words change the spelling of other words. Which in turn means they can be entirely different words. For example, I wanted to name a Sylvari something plant-like in Finnish with the word small in it but could not think of a good name offhand. Unfortunately I did not put the WHOLE name into google translate as opposed to just the last name so now people ask why I am named 'small metal disk'.

I almost always have a good experience with customer service people. Sometimes they aren't able to fix something I messed up, but it happens. Even if someone was from another country, that's okay :)People from all walks of life make this world great. Whether English is someone's main language or not they usually do a good job. If anything here in the US we are behind. I know people from China who know 3-5 languages and here in the US some people barely know 1-2. I think people from other countries rock :)

• 2 weeks later...

This game has TERRIFIC and very fast support. They have always helped me when I had an issue (the issues usually revolve around me being old and forgetful)

I don’t care what the native language of the CS for this game is. What I care about is the fact that they are always kind and helpful. Kindness is a universal language that each of us has the capability to speak and understand.

Thank you to the Anet support!

Hugs,

Drew

• 2 months later...

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Tickets definitely do not take a week to answer, as a general rule. Have you updated the ticket you submitted and asked for an update? Please don't submit a new ticket, but you certainly can respond to the confirmation ("we received your request") e-mail, if you wish.@Gaile Gray.6029 11 days here. I've asked for updates three times and have had no response.

This has also been a issue for one of my friends. I paid for my friend to Xfer to SoR and i accidentally told him the wrong server "GoM". He sent in a ticket over a week ago and still no reply. He wants to xfer over to Jade Quarry's Pair and was wondering if he can get this resolved by a refund or a if anet can manually move him to the server he originally wanted to go to. Sanctum of Rall. His Account name is Jesse.4631. Please Help My Friend Arenanet! so that we can play together already!

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:Tickets definitely do not take a week to answer, as a general rule. Have you updated the ticket you submitted and asked for an update? Please don't submit a new ticket, but you certainly can respond to the confirmation ("we received your request") e-mail, if you wish.

Only been waiting 3 days here for a character name issue, but last time it took less than 5 hours to resolve. #6894225

@hailtonothing.5283 said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:Tickets definitely do not take a week to answer, as a general rule. Have you updated the ticket you submitted and asked for an update? Please don't submit a new ticket, but you certainly can respond to the confirmation ("we received your request") e-mail, if you wish.@"Gaile Gray.6029" 11 days here. I've asked for updates three times and have had no response.

11 days and asking for 3 updates.. yeah that's the issue buddy. Do it once after a week. From my experience with supports if you "spam" bumps your tickets automatically gets lowered in priority as if it's treated like a new request entirely. Now that is not exactly how the support in GW2 will work, but all you can do is be patient about it. Don't bump too much, your request can't be lost.

@"Blocki.4931" said:11 days and asking for 3 updates.. yeah that's the issue buddy. Do it once after a week. From my experience with supports if you "spam" bumps your tickets automatically gets lowered in priority as if it's treated like a new request entirely. Now that is not exactly how the support in GW2 will work, but all you can do is be patient about it. Don't bump too much, your request can't be lost.

There's plenty of advice/recommendations here to ask for an update every 3 days or so. 3x3 days is 9 days, so, you know., I'm not exactly spamming it.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:Tickets definitely do not take a week to answer, as a general rule. Have you updated the ticket you submitted and asked for an update? Please don't submit a new ticket, but you certainly can respond to the confirmation ("we received your request") e-mail, if you wish.

I have updated it several times with more information, and times etc. The last activity on the ticket was a day after I put it in, and then nothing. Basically someone looked at it and then didn't bother to do anything with it.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Zephyr.8015 said:

I have updated it several times with more information, and times etc. The last activity on the ticket was a day after I put it in, and then nothing. Basically someone looked at it and then didn't bother to do anything with it.

Or, the agent wasn't able to do anything. Or, he/she needed to speak with a supervisor or a higher-up to get advice. Or the ticket was reviewed in an automated system to verify it had not been closed by the player. (I don't know there is such a system check, but it's possible.)

Dreggon.6598 -- It's just been three days. It's premature to worry about this one.

hailtonothing.5283 -- I see you were helped several times today, and I'm glad it all worked out for you.

Woody.1976 -- Your friend has been helped and is back on their account.

Levikilla.3076 -- I don't know that the team is able to reverse such an error. The player chose that game world, and doing a reversal may not be within normal services. Your friend needs to wait to hear back. Alternately, the wait-time has expired and they can purchase a new transfer.

Zephyr.8015 -- I don't see any activity except your updates.

SOULFLY.7942 -- I also do not see activity on this one.

I can't escalate or "jump the queue" on any tickets, as I'm sure you can appreciate. (I mean, that would just be inappropriate and unfair to do, right?) However, because the last two are so far outside of what I was told were the norms, I will ask about them and if I have any information to share, will post it later.

@Gaile Gray.6029 I have been waiting for my account suspended to get something back. Coming back after many years of not playing and account is locked. Its been 6+ days with no response. Account is zyix.4157 and ticket numbers were #6891545 and made another #6895699 Please help. I'd really like to get back into the game with my old toons and buy HoT and PoF. Thanks

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Tickets definitely do not take a week to answer, as a general rule. Have you updated the ticket you submitted and asked for an update? Please don't submit a new ticket, but you certainly can respond to the confirmation ("we received your request") e-mail, if you wish.

Or, the agent wasn't able to do anything. Or, he/she needed to speak with a supervisor or a higher-up to get advice. Or the ticket was reviewed in an automated system to verify it had not been closed by the player. (I don't know there is such a system check, but it's possible.)

Dreggon.6598 -- It's just been three days. It's premature to worry about this one.

hailtonothing.5283 -- I see you were helped several times today, and I'm glad it all worked out for you.

Levikilla.3076 -- I don't know that the team is able to reverse such an error. The player chose that game world, and doing a reversal may not be within normal services. Your friend needs to wait to hear back. Alternately, the wait-time has expired and they can purchase a new transfer.

I can't escalate or "jump the queue" on any tickets, as I'm sure you can appreciate. (I mean, that would just be inappropriate and unfair to do, right?) However, because the last two are so far outside of what I was told were the norms, I will ask about them and if I have any information to share, will post it later.

Even so, they could have said we are escalating your ticket to a higher individual, that would have been a response I would have been happy to hear. Just looking at it, and doing what could be viewed as nothing is not good in a support system imo.

To the folks still waiting, my GW1 account issue was resolved after 11 days. Once a support person responded, it took about 20 minutes to provide the required info and have them link my accounts, me to find another error, and them to resolve that too (and for me to check I could log in).If this is anything to go by, once they get to you it should happen fast, but you might be in for a longer wait initially.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Tickets definitely do not take a week to answer, as a general rule. Have you updated the ticket you submitted and asked for an update? Please don't submit a new ticket, but you certainly can respond to the confirmation ("we received your request") e-mail, if you wish.

Thanks for the response - I don't want to jump the queue, I just wanted to make sure that I'm still in it, since sometimes tickets do get lost or accidentally closed and I don't have a way to know if that's happened except by asking here.