Victory or Death Ending

@"xXDagdanXx.9704" said:Every time I play this quest to the end, I defeat the end boss. it will cut to the cinematic. After the end the game keep's pausing, then crash to character select. Any suggestions? This has been going on since the christmas event.

I'm sorry that you keep crashing, especially after wading through all the steps up til the very end. That's got to be super frustrating. I had a friend for whom that used to happen during one particular instance of LS2.

First, create a support ticket and provide as much info as you're able in the ticket. If you figure things out before they contact you, you can reply to the automated email to let them know you resolved the issue (and you can tell them how, if you want). If not, then you're already in the queue for another avenue of help.

Second, what have you tried to do to address? Anything besides restarting the instance? The more details you can provide, the easier it will be for others to suggest things that might help.

Until then, here's some generic things that tend to solve a lot of hard-to-pin-down problems associated with cutscene-related crashes:

• Repair your client. This takes 5-30 minutes, depending mostly on your hard drive speed.
  • Clear out the Cache.
  • Tone down your graphics to the barest minimum, including turning off things like light adaption & best texture filters. Turn on things like effect LoD.
  • Change your resolution (use windowed full screen or full screen at a lower resolution than your monitor)
  • Turn off all sounds from the game.
  • If possible, do the story with someone else who can start the instance and literally turn off your monitor before the cutscene. (Sounds improbable, but this is how we got my friend through the LS2 instance. Turned out he had a hardware problem that only showed severe symptoms in GW2. Having us run the game and turning off the monitor allowed his machine to stay just calm enough that it could survive a few more minutes... and it crashed after instead of during.)

Good luck and please let us know what you find out.

• 2 years later...

This has been going on since the christmas event.

It's been going on since the very beginning, like post from 2012 from the old forums. i think they have given up on fixing Victory or Death issues . I know I experience the falling bug just this year.