Night of Fires mission. Seriously?

So is this mission even possible?

The AI is useless at pretty much everything, the boss spawns 20 enemies at once, and is a huge damage sponge to the point where it barely takes any damage from anything.

Died more times then I really want to count because the overwhelming number of reinforcements is absolute bull****. It got to the point where there were so many THEY WERE CAMPING THE RESPAWN AND INSTANTLY KILLING ME THE SECOND I RESPAWNED!

Is this even freakin possible as an elementalist? If not i'm early enough in the path of fire story where I can start it over with a different class. Which one can faceroll this blindfolded? Because honestly, **** this.

Ah, ths mission, I actually liked it a lot.There are three things you have to consider.1) kill the scouts. Failing to do kill a scout will spawn back up troops.2) avoid pulling too many enemies at once.3) kill the superiors first, as they inspire other soldiers them.

The only personal tip I can give you is optimize your gear. I had no problem in this mission on any class I’ve tried it yet, including elementalist.But dont forget the ele is a light-class and shouldn’t be meleeing too much

Excelsior.

That mission was the first one where I really felt like I was playing an intense boss fight and I loved it.First of all, I could play Deadeye as he was supposed to be. I literally sniped the majority of the enemies down from afar, as my awesome profession is supposed to do.Then I walked in closer and caused some smaller fights. The boss fight was intense indeed, but it was a blast. I was downed several times but could get second winds every time and make it, and it felt like back in the 90s when the whole family, including my grandpa, was trying to beat Ghouls'n'Ghosts on the MegaDrive: Trying again and again, keep holding on while the sweaty controller has been moved around as if it was a joint in a Greenpeace meating.

Probably because as sniper, I could control the fights better, but my AI mates did a good job. Was running a below-average build back then and thus was more fragile, but there is one big, good, hairy friend when it comes that, and I abuse him as much as I can:

kx6VqBg.jpg

I cat kid you not, whenever I need someone to tank, I cause Rytlock to get angry (shoot one bullet at a mob, he brings his friends, our beloved Charr gets mad and picks the fight with them) and while he tanks, I shoot people in the back.

It took me like 30, 40 minutes but it was pure enjoyment, and that's something I barely feel in today's games!

That mission's a pain in the kitten's hiney. Did it on a scourge and was pretty much vaguely ok until the end boss aggroed on me halfway across the map before I'd cleared the rest of the camp. Then it turned into utter agony. It's not something I'd want to try again. Ever.

@kharmin.7683 said:Struggled through it with core ranger. Killed all scouts but last one which made things more difficult. Downed a few times but rallied. Range helped me a lot.

I've done it twice on core ranger, had zero problems both times...perhaps killing one or two mobs at a time from range, which draws only them to you helps...that and a killing machine for a pet.

It's not so much about the build you use.You just need to be very careful of the packs of mobs you aggro,and prioritise killing the one that moves to the alarm node.The alarm signalling mobs spawn a icon over their heads if I remember correctly.These mobs are you first and only priority.Make sure you recognise them from a distance,and then move directly to focus and kill them asap.After you kill the guard before they get to the alarm,you clear any mobs you've aggroed and all remaining enemies in that areabefore moving on to the next alarm guard.If you simply go in and start fighting,you won't have time to kill the alarm guards,and you will end up pulling way many moreenemies than you can fight.During the boss fight,if you get overwhelmed by mobs,move away and use the terrain and structures to take cover.

I struggled with this on a condi s/d weaver.. but that's not surprising really. Far far easier on a fresh air s/f ele or tempest. Had a little trouble with holosmith but my build was a mess at the time (i was trying to make condi work). It's super easy on d/p daredevil and warrior. Beyond that i think it's a nice challenge but a bit tedious when you're playing through on multiple classes.

• 1 year later...

This mission is a good example of one that could have been split in 2. Before going to the Temple of Kormir would have been a perfect cut.I wish the missions gave you some sense of how long they are at the beginning. Right now, you never know if it will be 15 minutes or an hour.Plus Rytlock constantly going Leroy Jenkins and aggroing stuff nowhere near the rest of the party is annoying.

@Miraculix.2795 said:This mission is a good example of one that could have been split in 2. I wish the missions gave you some sense of how long they are at the beginning. Right now, you never know if it will be 15 minutes or an hour. Plus Rytlock constantly going Leroy Jenkins and aggroing stuff nowhere near the rest of the party is annoying.

No need to necro a 15 month old thread for, the thread isn't even about the length of the chapter...

The last time I went through that, I was on a full-glass zerk core guardian (GS / scepter+torch). I chipped my way around, and got the big boss down to 35% or so before a Forged mob knocked me inside one of the elevated platforms. It was then a question of shuffling to get myself out of AoEs that leaked inside the platform, and waiting for Catman and Walkingcabbage to chip the boss down to zero.

Oh, and finding out exactly how /stuck works so I could get myself out of the platform.

• 7 months later...

no, I tell you to get some guild mates.

I have done that mission half a douzend times now. 2x alone while pushing characters through the story, the other 4x helping guild mates.

You can not do some content? Get yourself some buddies to help you with it. It works. Really, it does. You don't even have to be in a huge guild. In fact, I found it easier to find people to do something tedious in smaller guilds where everybody knows each other. One good player, two decent players, 3-4 mediocre-to-bad players at your side and you just walk through it.

Unless you were able to alieniate everybody around you. In that case: tough luck.

• Confused 1

I found that copious amount of CC and condis tend to do that boss and it's entourage in relatively fast. In general, stacking condis on it, and strafing/dodging around it while occasionally CCing the spawns and finishing them off before they can do much damage is a surefire way to get around that part

CC any and all sentry you find, and savage them. You dont want them reaching reinforcement EVER. As for the herald, movement is really key. Strafing works when she's stationary and using a big AoE, anytime she guns for you specifically, a quick dodge out of the way does it.

You may not be able to do it with all the achievements on the first try, but it should be doable on any class that has a decent CC, or a lot of damage. If that fails, see if you can pick up one additional player to help. It can make a Lot of difference.

@"Zedek.8932" said:Excelsior.

That mission was the first one where I really felt like I was playing an intense boss fight and I loved it.First of all, I could play Deadeye as he was supposed to be. I literally sniped the majority of the enemies down from afar, as my awesome profession is supposed to do.Then I walked in closer and caused some smaller fights. The boss fight was intense indeed, but it was a blast. I was downed several times but could get second winds every time and make it, and it felt like back in the 90s when the whole family, including my grandpa, was trying to beat Ghouls'n'Ghosts on the MegaDrive: Trying again and again, keep holding on while the sweaty controller has been moved around as if it was a joint in a Greenpeace meating.

Probably because as sniper, I could control the fights better, but my AI mates did a good job. Was running a below-average build back then and thus was more fragile, but there is one big, good, hairy friend when it comes that, and I abuse him as much as I can:

kx6VqBg.jpg

I cat kid you not, whenever I need someone to tank, I cause Rytlock to get angry (shoot one bullet at a mob, he brings his friends, our beloved Charr gets mad and picks the fight with them) and while he tanks, I shoot people in the back.

It took me like 30, 40 minutes but it was pure enjoyment, and that's something I barely feel in today's games!

You get a plus one for the pic alone lol.