Post your Mesmer pics here

Starmiz.3298

@MrMojoRisin.7364 said:how do you all get such good screen shots?

couple of tips!!

• you can change the format your screenshots save in so you don't get lossy jpeg quality. right click on GW2 on your desktop, go to properties and add -bmp to the target. your screenshots will now save as bmp format which is lossless!
  • ctrl + h gets rid of the UI for you so you don't have to worry about it getting in the way!
  • mess around with camera settings in options ie FOV, vertical and horizontal position and such
  • do anything with your character. take screenshots during fights, when you're running, make use of the emotes! just MASH the screenshot button until you get a image you like
  • if you want to boost colours at all, i do recommend downloading reshade which is what i use to make the screenshots pop. however, reshade can cause some lag when it's running and will load all the textures and such when you move to a new map
  • photoshop or any photo editing software is your friend. it's great for adding little touchups . there are a tooooooon of tutorials online if you need help!!

hope this advice is useful <3

@AmisAmai.5329 said:

@"MrMojoRisin.7364" said:how do you all get such good screen shots?

couple of tips!!
  • you can change the format your screenshots save in so you don't get lossy jpeg quality. right click on GW2 on your desktop, go to properties and add -bmp to the target. your screenshots will now save as bmp format which is lossless!
  • ctrl + h gets rid of the UI for you so you don't have to worry about it getting in the way!
  • mess around with camera settings in options ie FOV, vertical and horizontal position and such
  • do anything with your character. take screenshots during fights, when you're running, make use of the emotes! just MASH the screenshot button until you get a image you like
  • if you want to boost colours at all, i do recommend downloading reshade which is what i use to make the screenshots pop. however, reshade can cause some lag when it's running and will load all the textures and such when you move to a new map
  • photoshop or any photo editing software is your friend. it's great for adding little touchups . there are a tooooooon of tutorials online if you need help!!

hope this advice is useful <3

Thank you for the help as I was wondering the same thing. Can you please elaborate on changing format? In the Target box I have "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe".

@"Anela.3867" said:Thank you for the help as I was wondering the same thing. Can you please elaborate on changing format? In the Target box I have "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe".

no problem!!

so right after "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe" just type in -bmp right after the closing quotation mark as shown here:IRg5kCL.png(obviously my file location is different but the concept is still the same)that's all you need to do to change the format :3

@MrMojoRisin.7364 said:how do you all get such good screen shots?

I use Fraps (have had a licence for years) and just spam the capture hotkey while doing something on screen. It's how I got that axe 2 action still on page 1 - I captured dozens of images and repeated it at many different camera angles to try and get a nice trail to show up. Axe 2's animation is really weird and awesome if you either video it or take loads of stills to see each frame - the character and weapon rotation isn't what I expected it to be when up to speed!

I mean sure I could do burst capture to get a perfect action still but I'm not that fussy.

In addition make sure to toggle off your HUD (look for the keybind in your control options). and then practice rotating and zooming the camera for a nice angle.

The last part is creative - as AmisAmai said, try emotes, jumping, moving, idle animations, weapon skills, etc - find some animation you like and get a good angle on it in a nice location then take loads of images on repeat until you get one you like. :)

For the record I never use any third party visual enhancements, and never edit the images afterwards beyond cropping/resizing. I kind of like the built in post processing and other visual options already in gw2.

@AmisAmai.5329 said:

@"Anela.3867" said:Thank you for the help as I was wondering the same thing. Can you please elaborate on changing format? In the Target box I have "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe".

no problem!!

so right after "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe" just type in -bmp right after the closing quotation mark as shown here:
IRg5kCL.png
(obviously my file location is different but the concept is still the same)that's all you need to do to change the format :3

That worked! Thank you so much!

• 1 month later...

Hey I am super glad to see they worked out the issue regarding adding images to posts. So much style in the thread already!Unfortunately, I realize now that I hadn't saved most of the images I shared on the old forum.(GASP)A few survived though.(YAY) I haven't had time for end-game anything in awhile, but I still login to fool around or mentor-mode with new players, with my favorite leafy-mesmer Choristantha!

HbZMZxB.jpg

f7fsmYu.jpg

B6fYypC.jpg

I'll take some new shots with her current look and post'em later. ;)

@"Svennis.3852" said:My mesmers Chaed (pronounced 'shade') and Hanzo (my Hun-inspired norn).

mesmers1.jpg

edit: can't figure out how to get the image to show. -_-

Hey Svennis. So long as you have the direct url to the jpeg, all you need to do is paste that into the image embed tool in the formatting bar when you post. It's the tiny landscape icon.

...Is what I would typically say, but I see that you did that when I quoted you.I dunno, The forum might still disallow images from postimage.org embedded in here?

Nice mesmers just the same ;)

Hey there, updated stuff. I keep five sets in the bag for various stats. The first two, plus the Jungle Explorer outfit from the last post are the same now as they have been for years. Here are the other three.

Set 3: Elonian Trend

Primary colors:Crushed BoneLemon ZestNectarPerseveranceBlacklight

YUzrzIL.jpg

Vdj9SdK.jpg

-

Set 4: Zodiac Mesmer +Mawdrey

Primary colors:CelestialMithrilWhite GoldTarnished SilverPapaya

PEiGlZ3.jpg

64Ta1jM.jpg

-

Set 5: Concealed Mesmer

Primary colors:Blue ShadeAbyssNaturalGray

Qj4AHl7.jpg

LE8fXQu.jpg

-

edit:I had some rare free time and posted characters in multiple threads at once lol, if anyone is interested in seeing the other professions:• mesmer • engineerthiefelementalist •cheers