WvW gear advantage

ankortwat.4926

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@"Tiawal.2351" said:Can take a long time getting proper gear, and playing a long time outside of WvW. I know many good players, who are rather playing other games, than do Living Story to unlock this and that stat and so on. Some just don't have time, and that 2-3 hour want to spend in WvW, not in PvE & story.

You have to understand that not everyone likes the PvE part of this game. I did it somehow, I try to like it, but I have fun only in WvW, though I like PvE in other games, but not GW2.

Similar to sPvP, WvW could have WvW exclusive armor, and let the "gear grind" stay in PvE. (Even if it's a shorter and easier "grind")

There are many classes I'd like to try, but don't have proper gear, and I just can't do another set anymore, I rather watch a movie, just can't stand crafting and the rest... So when my current set becomes outdated, I will rather quit than get gear again. The stat difference is big enough to matter, just think about full Berserker vs. full Marauder, though of course depends on class & build as well. Being limited by gear restricts you to a class & role that anyway becomes sooner or later outdated.

You can get full Ascended without ever having to leave WvW. And it doesn’t take that long, and once someone has a set of Ascended Armor they can either upgrade it to Legendary, or Just statswap it to another Stat set.

If players want Standardized gear Anet made them a gamemode specifically designed around just that and it’s not WvW.

Doesn't have to be "Standardized" (I think you mean what sPvP have). And, yes takes very long time as it is now, I need 1 year to get a full set or longer even, but I doubt that is possible without leaving WvW.

For gear balance, I suggest the following:(1) Auto-scale stats to the same level so that people with ascended gear may continue use them.(2) Make all stats available from wvw armor vendor (who sells exo gear).(3) Make all trinkets available via vendor.(4) Make all sigils and runes available via vendor.

No need to make spvp style build system. And if ever wvw build system comes, let it have pve-style diversity.

This game is Build Wars 2. Many do like to try different builds, or make and fine-tune their own. Now it is very difficult to fine- or big-tune builds.

@ankortwat.4926 said:

@Rampage.7145 said:ROFL, this dude, some people is just too lazy, literally the easiest MMO made for the most casual people you can probably think of, yet some people will still complain about how hard is to gear up

So it easy to gear up to fully ascended in gw2?I'm sorry for you if you got enough spare time to play 24/7 for months just in order to get competitive gear. But this just isn't normal in real world.

what if someone has just recently started playing? It might be easy for a veteran to replace some of his gear from time to time but for a new player it takes months to get fully ascended gear. Some people have real life as well, they just can't play 24/7, in the end of the day not only the new players suffer from the lack of players the veterans also suffer from being all alone on their servers.

If you just started playing then perhaps you shouldn't expect to have the B-i-S gear. I think most likely you're simply trying to get a reaction, so congratulations.

@Tiawal.2351 said:

@Tiawal.2351 said:Can take a long time getting proper gear, and playing a long time outside of WvW. I know many good players, who are rather playing other games, than do Living Story to unlock this and that stat and so on. Some just don't have time, and that 2-3 hour want to spend in WvW, not in PvE & story.

You have to understand that not everyone likes the PvE part of this game. I did it somehow, I try to like it, but I have fun only in WvW, though I like PvE in other games, but not GW2.

Similar to sPvP, WvW could have WvW exclusive armor, and let the "gear grind" stay in PvE. (Even if it's a shorter and easier "grind")

There are many classes I'd like to try, but don't have proper gear, and I just can't do another set anymore, I rather watch a movie, just can't stand crafting and the rest... So when my current set becomes outdated, I will rather quit than get gear again. The stat difference is big enough to matter, just think about full Berserker vs. full Marauder, though of course depends on class & build as well. Being limited by gear restricts you to a class & role that anyway becomes sooner or later outdated.

You can get full Ascended without ever having to leave WvW. And it doesn’t take that long, and once someone has a set of Ascended Armor they can either upgrade it to Legendary, or Just statswap it to another Stat set.

If players want Standardized gear Anet made them a gamemode specifically designed around just that and it’s not WvW.

Doesn't have to be "Standardized" (I think you mean what sPvP have). And, yes takes very long time as it is now, I need 1 year to get a full set or longer even, but I doubt that is possible without leaving WvW.

If someone plays WvW semi regularly it takes less than than Two months to acquire Ascended armor all within WvW since WvW provides everything needed to acquire Ascended Armor, this is a fact and simple math proves its.

Let’s look at the facts for a full set of Ascended Armor it takes a measley 2620 WvW Skirmish Tickets, Players can get 365 tickets per week and it doesn’t take much to max out tickets in a week.

@Crossaber.8934 said:I would love to see an armor smith / weapon smith / jewel vendor is added to wvw spawn to all factions, which provide gear rental service.You pay a bit of gold, to envelop yourself in a selected full exotic stat gear (armor, weapon and jewel, rune and sigil) temporary, expire on logoff, so that players can test out the effectiveness of some build/gear combos instead of actually craft the gear. This will also reduce gear differences to only exotic and ascended level.

It exists to a point if you have karma...

@Tiawal.2351 said:

@Tiawal.2351 said:Can take a long time getting proper gear, and playing a long time outside of WvW. I know many good players, who are rather playing other games, than do Living Story to unlock this and that stat and so on. Some just don't have time, and that 2-3 hour want to spend in WvW, not in PvE & story.

A full year to get ascended?? What are you playing?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

A full year to get ascended?? What are you playing?

thought the same.

@topic

1. u dont need full ascended to be competitive: stats from ascended gear is around 5%. it will almost never win or lose u a fight. skill your build and enemy skill and build matter waaay more. weapons however give u 5% stats and on top of that 6% higher base dmg. so they are valueable but also only relevant for power specs.
  2. why do ppl jump into an mmo that is usally also about gear (and gw2 is the anti grind friendliest mmo on the market) and expect it to be a pvp only game with perfect balances.my advise: get ascended tribnkets from wvw and pvp for free in a few days and then craft ascended weapons... with extrem casual play of lets say 10-15h per week u are done in 1-2 month. for the 6 armor pieces just get exotics.. so u can get a few more sets with different runes,, extremly useful to experiment with builds and stats.

FYI i started a f2p account just for the fun of progression etc. i can tell u after 45h on this account i have full 5 ascended trinkets.. i only miss the weapons and back piece what i would get in a few weeks just through wvw and pvp currencies for almost no gold sink.

GW2 has become extremly easy to gear since Living story 3 and pvp and wvw reward track/ticket system

But again if u really think ascended is needed to be competitve to ply wvw to the max level u are just wrong and blinded.

Knock out crafting for your armor, weapons, food, utility at least and clear your inventory to pay for it all if have to and just get that done. It's worth it for lazy people like you and I in the long run. You can craft or refine stuff to sell and you'll have access to the food and utilities that might be account bound. Stat changing doesn't cost much and doesn't take all that long. Just by consequence of being active and not blowing everything on stupid skins like I do you can just watch gold pile up and you'll end up with plenty materials and enough gold to make another set or two mostly.

Takes way too much, that's the point. And look at all the items needed to get a single item:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_SupervisorIt's not just tickets. But also tickets, with 2-6hrs of play per week (on new account), can take a year to have 6 pieces of armor & accessories, 2-4 weapons (depends on class even more). Also crafting at level 500 for multiple types of Grandmaster Marks, that's gold & hours of clicking, time not spent playing WvW.

Also exotics? That's great ideea. Why not limit WvW to exotics then? 1% only or 5%? Give that advantage to newbies instead.

I really don't care for myself, I have ascended + legendary, but it's not fair for new players. We want competitive balance, then we really should care about every detail. As it is now, "veterans" (like stupid me) have the knowledge, experience, and whatnot, including best in slot gear, while a new player has none of these. Think about them.

Edit: Also before anyone has a heart attack over this, see this post, about giving a way for new players (and not just new), to skip all that:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/27073/gem-store-items-to-support-wvw-mode/p1

@"Tiawal.2351" said:Takes way too much, that's the point. And look at all the items needed to get a single item:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_SupervisorIt's not just tickets. But also tickets, with 2-6hrs of play per week (on new account), can take a year to have 6 pieces of armor & accessories, 2-4 weapons (depends on class even more). Also crafting at level 500 for multiple types of Grandmaster Marks, that's gold & hours of clicking, time not spent playing WvW.

Also exotics? That's great ideea. Why not limit WvW to exotics then? 1% only or 5%? Give that advantage to newbies instead.

I really don't care for myself, I have ascended + legendary, but it's not fair for new players. We want competitive balance, then we really should care about every detail. As it is now, "veterans" (like stupid me) have the knowledge, experience, and whatnot, including best in slot gear, while a new player has none of these. Think about them.

Edit: Also before anyone has a heart attack over this, see this post, about giving a way for new players (and not just new), to skip all that:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/27073/gem-store-items-to-support-wvw-mode/p1

I play less than 2-3hrs of WvW a night and max out the WvW chests, have acquired full precursor of WvW heavy armor for my Revenant in less than 2 months and WvW provides all the crafting materials needed, Again the Math proves it takes less than 2 months of average casual play to acquire full Ascended Armor in WvW, let’s not forget that almost everything needed to acquire WvW Ascended can be bought on the TP except tickets. A three Character acronym explains the issue.

what's the point to even mention gear advantage when : https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Objective_Aura_VIII -give 100 to all stats and https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Presence_of_the_Keep - double that effect and https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Borderlands_Bloodlust add 60 to all stats .That's a total of 260 to nearly all stats, much more diference than exco -ascended gap , total diference is 800 + 420 =1220 stat points only from bufsNot even a point when you mention you also got banners and sieges ....

@"Tiawal.2351" said:Takes way too much, that's the point. And look at all the items needed to get a single item:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_SupervisorIt's not just tickets. But also tickets, with 2-6hrs of play per week (on new account), can take a year to have 6 pieces of armor & accessories, 2-4 weapons (depends on class even more). Also crafting at level 500 for multiple types of Grandmaster Marks, that's gold & hours of clicking, time not spent playing WvW.

There's a gear cap, that means new players

(A) get a feeling of progression as they craft their gear (some vets forget about this pleasure over time)(B) know once they have ascended it will remain relevant so its a rewarding goal to aim for.

You could equally argue if exotics was the gear cap then its unfair for players only wearing rare gear (as did happen years ago) A cap has to be somewhere, and making all gear trivial to get is dull and unrewarding. Its also trivial to get ascended these days compared to the past. Another thing to consider that a lot of wvw is zerg v zerg where skill and positional awareness > gear differential, which is perfectly accessible for a player even in rares.

This thread still going? I assumed the complainers were trolling. Stamping your feet and asking for B-i-S gear at a far faster rate than the veterans had to put in to get it is unrealistic, trollish, and somewhat juvenile. Put in your time and you will get the gear. Stop demanding instant gratification and EZ mode progression when this game's gear grind is already among the least time-intensive out there.

@ankortwat.4926 said:

exotic isn't competitive, no serious WvW guild would accept you with exotic gear, furthermore the difference is far more than the 10% if you add up infusions and additional buff-food effects. Fully buffed up it's something about 25%.

6-7% with infusions, excluding food and utility since both party is allowed to use it. If both player is glass with food and utility. Its still posible for exotic/semi asc to burst down a full asc.

Thanks for being civil with latest answers. I know there is great passion, and even some pride & well deserved feeling of satisfaction, and that is rewarding, getting an ascended piece (though indeed, is quite easy these days, compared to what we had before the Pip system). These ways will stay, or should, and these items would still be needed, because they are useful outside of WvW as well.

But the problem still remains, even if takes less time, new & old players even, with less time, will have to play with suboptimal gear. I see these happening, good players who left because HoT, returning in outdated gear, and playing 1-2 hours a week, then no longer return. Casual is ~2hours one day, ~1hour another, and is almost hardcore if can play 1-2 hours more same week, so don't compare to Diamond chest weeks, they can get Silver maybe.

I would like to see players return and stay. New players joining and staying. And never leaving because of gear. We can't afford to lose players. Can't be picky and kick anyone. We need them, WvW needs everyone, especially those who are good at fights already, just hate grind of any kind. There comes a time when one can't support gated content, and they are eliminated by the smalest obstacles.

I know we all can't agree on everything. We all are right from a certain point of view. Is this good for the game mode and the future? Maybe it is, maybe not. It's up to Anet to decide. All we can do is to explain how we see it, maybe will be helpful somehow.

@ankortwat.4926 said:exotic isn't competitive, no serious WvW guild would accept you with exotic gear, furthermore the difference is far more than the 10% if you add up infusions and additional buff-food effects. Fully buffed up it's something about 25%.

What the kitten are you smoking ? Any WvW guild I have encountered has never restricted acceptance based on gear.... what sad server are you playing on if what you say is even true.

A new player can get exotic armors in wvw quite easily. Triumphant/legacy/crystal desert reward tracks. There is a 5% stat difference from the ascended armor, assuming that you cannot have enough laurels to input infusions on ascended (which, as a new player, you wont). Unless we talk about minmaxing here.

Bloodstone fen/ember bay/draconis mons/bitterfrost/lake doric reward tracks give you currency which you can use to buy ascended trinkets (rings-accessories-backpack) with SELECTABLE stats. Bloodstone fen actually offers a dirtcheap option to change the stats, too.

You will really not see that much of a difference when zerging with exotics vs ascended. It is mostly about positioning, knowing your class, listening to TS when comm says what to do etc. Do not think that exotic armor kills you , or that ascended saves you. I always use exotic armor on all my condi chars, and ascended trinkets (as they are easy to get, no money needed, you dont have to craft them).

All in all, unless you join a hardcore GvG guild, exotic vs ascended gear is not an issue. If you really need ascended gear, crafting it is not too expensive. There should be some sense of accomplishment in this game, after all, instead of just going ahead and getting most end-game armors/weapons with no effort. It is already too easy, as it is.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Crossaber.8934 said:I would love to see an armor smith / weapon smith / jewel vendor is added to wvw spawn to all factions, which provide gear rental service.You pay a bit of gold, to envelop yourself in a selected full exotic stat gear (armor, weapon and jewel, rune and sigil) temporary, expire on logoff, so that players can test out the effectiveness of some build/gear combos instead of actually craft the gear. This will also reduce gear differences to only exotic and ascended level.

It exists to a point if you have karma...

It is not exist for all existing stat, my idea is to allow short period gear rental to test gear stat combo, not the existing karma gear we can buy.

@"ankortwat.4926" said:exotic isn't competitive, no serious WvW guild would accept you with exotic gear, furthermore the difference is far more than the 10% if you add up infusions and additional buff-food effects. Fully buffed up it's something about 25%.

Umm...try about a 6% increase...

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Item#Quality

Also why are you concerned with food buffs, you can have the same foods no matter what you're running.

@ankortwat.4926 said:hi guys would love to play WvW again, but I'm tired of all this farming in order to get the best gear, so if you made WvW like PvP or at least make it possible to get perfect WvW gear within 1-2 days, you would definitely get more players playing WvW.

Oh you mean redesign the entire game mode to suite you personally, while simultaneously negating all previous gear aquizitions efforts of the entire rest of the community? That seems perfectly reasonable.

Ascended: 1382+960+960=3302Exotic: 1138+810+810=2758Base Stats: 1000x4=4000If Exotic = 100%Ascended= 108,05%

Just some quick math with calculator. This is without runes, sigils, food/util and traits, etc. Which will actually lessen the percentage further. This doesn't take the slight increase in weapon damage or armor defense into consideration, but on the whole the only thing really worth getting is ascended weapon if you play a power build. And trinkets, because they're easy and cheap, often easier/cheaper to get than exotics!

Also, I run in a guild with a bunch of fight oriented roamers, and most of them run about 50% ascended and 50% exotics, but some run full exotics and still win most fights (and even beat up those that are in full ascended). Personally I got full ascended on my guardian, and I still get my hiney kicked on regular basis every time I try myself dueling with them in the guild hall.

Let's just be clear, Ascended does not save you. Ascended makes the difference in a close match between an equally skilled enemy. And your posts so far has given me the impression that you are trying to troll, considering how vehemently you stand for Ascended somehow being 25% or better than exotics etc.

On the other hand, I do completely agree that I'd like to see a way to standardize gear in this game. I'd love to see something like the pvp amulet system with some changes, mostly that it allowed you to pick 2 different amulets, and gain 50% of the stats from each, so we had some stat customizing available.

takes out the popcorn and hot chocolade, ready to salt the popcorn with the replies, and warm the chocolade on the rage to his post

I am in favor of a PvP Build system in WvW for the following reasons. 1) I would like to have the ability to easily test a variety of stat, rune and gear combinations in World V. World. Currently this is hard to do because you have to farm equipment for each stat, and most exotic gear is soulbound. 2) This system can be implemented with players still having a lot of freedom. Import the PvP Build System but add additional runes and include customizable rings, trinkets and backpiece as well as an amulet. 3) Make WvW as accessible as possible.