Same Color Each Week [Idea] — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Same Color Each Week [Idea]

Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited February 4, 2018 in WvW

Instead of having colors float around to different servers each week based on placement,

Green is now Your server Color,
Red is the "higher rated" enemy server,
Blue is the "weaker rated" enemy server.

Change names like redbriar to more defined ones. I hate the names on South towers and camps...

Idk if just me but it gets annoying flip-flopping colors every week and having to relearn it before week's end.

Anet buff me :-(
Make me good at game!

Comments

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    We had this before they started giving your server a specific color (oh man the confusion those first days). I dont think they're gonna go back to it.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    It's kind of funny watching people get farmed at a door they think is their 's. (Even when it's your own team!!)

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dawdler.8521 said:
    We had this before they started giving your server a specific color (oh man the confusion those first days). I dont think they're gonna go back to it.

    You would still have a color, the same every week, from your perspective. The player's team would always appear green. Their #1 enemy would always appear red to them. Their #2 enemy would always appear blue to them. Basically delinking color from objectives. Green keep in EBG wouldn't always be green keep. It would be Lowlands Keep.

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • I would really like the option to set your own personal colors so I could stay blue forever.

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @thesilverdragoon.3078 said:
    I would really like the option to set your own personal colors so I could stay blue forever.

    Interesting. Could help color blind people too with select colors? Idk.

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • FogLeg.9354FogLeg.9354 Member ✭✭✭

    This is nice idea. Unless there is big technical problem preventing it.

  • Zephyra.4709Zephyra.4709 Member ✭✭✭

    I thought OP meant servers have their own color, like that old Age of Mythology game, which in all honesty would be pretty awesome.

    I've personally never had a problem with familiarising myself to whatever color I am this week. Open up the panel, find server name, look at the color and it's stuck in my head for the week. As for the naming of structures I refer to them, and as an example, "20 BG SWT" implying south west tower. In all honesty I don't care what the structures are named - perhaps you would be kind enough to provide an idea as to what you mean by 'more defined names'?

    Interesting points, thanks for sharing OP.

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

    So with alliance system being looked at maybe this could find its way into the same update?

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Zephyra.4709 said:
    I thought OP meant servers have their own color, like that old Age of Mythology game, which in all honesty would be pretty awesome.

    I've personally never had a problem with familiarising myself to whatever color I am this week. Open up the panel, find server name, look at the color and it's stuck in my head for the week. As for the naming of structures I refer to them, and as an example, "20 BG SWT" implying south west tower. In all honesty I don't care what the structures are named - perhaps you would be kind enough to provide an idea as to what you mean by 'more defined names'?

    Interesting points, thanks for sharing OP.

    The southern towers and camps have colors in their name but that color doesn't really mean anything, especially for southern towers and camps that are easily flipped by either server. I would remove the color word and replace with west and east.

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • Euryon.9248Euryon.9248 Member ✭✭✭

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:
    It's kind of funny watching people get farmed at a door they think is their 's. (Even when it's your own team!!)

    Or fall to their death gliding into a region they mistakenly think is theirs

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.