WvW gear advantage

ankortwat.4926

@Mysteriax.6049 said:I am in favor of a PvP Build system in WvW for the following reasons. 1) I would like to have the ability to easily test a variety of stat, rune and gear combinations in World V. World. Currently this is hard to do because you have to farm equipment for each stat, and most exotic gear is soulbound. 2) This system can be implemented with players still having a lot of freedom. Import the PvP Build System but add additional runes and include customizable rings, trinkets and backpiece as well as an amulet. 3) Make WvW as accessible as possible.

Sure. Just refund me for the cost of ascended armor. And the lengemdary weapons I've made. Cool.

@ankortwat.4926 said:

@Rampage.7145 said:ROFL, this dude, some people is just too lazy, literally the easiest MMO made for the most casual people you can probably think of, yet some people will still complain about how hard is to gear up

So it easy to gear up to fully ascended in gw2?I'm sorry for you if you got enough spare time to play 24/7 for months just in order to get competitive gear. But this just isn't normal in real world.

what if someone has just recently started playing? It might be easy for a veteran to replace some of his gear from time to time but for a new player it takes months to get fully ascended gear. Some people have real life as well, they just can't play 24/7, in the end of the day not only the new players suffer from the lack of players the veterans also suffer from being all alone on their servers.

Most of my toons are and have only run with exotic armor and ascended trinkets I've gotten from laurels and LWS maps. In recent years I've even had to salvage a few I've gotten from fractals as I just don't need them. I think One of my toons has ascended pants. One. Out of 13. I've run all of them in WvW at some point or another quite successfully while both zerging and roaming either solo or in havoc groups. I'm really not hurting for damage and survivability.

Seriously what is with the crazy spike in L2P posts lately?

Something something something Ascended gear has 5% more stats and Ascended weapons have 5% more base damage. Something something something won't make or break your WvW experience and it is very hard to notice the difference. Something something something gear rarity contributes extremely little to the problems you may be experiencing.

@Turk.5460 said:Something something something Ascended gear has 5% more stats and Ascended weapons have 5% more base damage. Something something something won't make or break your WvW experience and it is very hard to notice the difference. Something something something gear rarity contributes extremely little to the problems you may be experiencing.

But but but... I want that something something something.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Turk.5460 said:Something something something Ascended gear has 5% more stats and Ascended weapons have 5% more base damage. Something something something won't make or break your WvW experience and it is very hard to notice the difference. Something something something gear rarity contributes extremely little to the problems you may be experiencing.

Please refer to gear rarity complaint thread 183.32-b for something something something.

@Turk.5460 said:

Please refer to gear rarity complaint thread 183.32-b for something something something.

As long as it's ISO 3,000,000 compliant.

@ankortwat.4926 said:

@Rampage.7145 said:ROFL, this dude, some people is just too lazy, literally the easiest MMO made for the most casual people you can probably think of, yet some people will still complain about how hard is to gear up

So it easy to gear up to fully ascended in gw2?I'm sorry for you if you got enough spare time to play 24/7 for months just in order to get competitive gear. But this just isn't normal in real world.

what if someone has just recently started playing? It might be easy for a veteran to replace some of his gear from time to time but for a new player it takes months to get fully ascended gear. Some people have real life as well, they just can't play 24/7, in the end of the day not only the new players suffer from the lack of players the veterans also suffer from being all alone on their servers.

I am not going to say it is easy but it is easier than most MMO's. I think I was 4 years into this game with exotics and a couple of ascended weps from TeQ. Only cook was maxed out. After some advice from a guildie I did some farming and I think withing 3 weeks I had my full set of Tailor made gear... then went onto getting a rare asc chest drop here and there from WvW and made the rest of leather set. Prolly a month for that. Almost all weapons have come from TeQ farm. I made a spear. Heavy gear...well...that was the easy PvP season a few seasons ago so really shouldn't count that.

Even as a casual I can map out Tyria in 7 days about 1 to 1.5 hours per area map and probably faster now with mounts. Even as a casual I bet most could map Tyria, LS maps and HoT and PoF maps if that's all you did since you can get a free 80 with a HoT and PoF purchase say...1 1/2 months for a casual?

Now... after all that mapping, selling and breaking down drops for mats you and crafting a bit along the way.....should be geared within 3 months if not less. for a casual.Now... what is a casual? Depends but if you are... say able to do 2 hours a day and 5 or so on weekends...eh...plenty easy enough to gear.Now... you could just take that 80 right into raids and fractals (neither of which I play) and gear up purty fast that way.So...buy the whole kit and caboodle take the instant 80, go get first three mounts, then go get gliding and then farm away the maps would be my advice for a new player. Concentrate on getting auto-loot after all that.Just my two cents.

@"Tiawal.2351" said:Takes way too much, that's the point. And look at all the items needed to get a single item:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_SupervisorIt's not just tickets. But also tickets, with 2-6hrs of play per week (on new account), can take a year to have 6 pieces of armor & accessories, 2-4 weapons (depends on class even more). Also crafting at level 500 for multiple types of Grandmaster Marks, that's gold & hours of clicking, time not spent playing WvW.

Also exotics? That's great ideea. Why not limit WvW to exotics then? 1% only or 5%? Give that advantage to newbies instead.

I really don't care for myself, I have ascended + legendary, but it's not fair for new players. We want competitive balance, then we really should care about every detail. As it is now, "veterans" (like stupid me) have the knowledge, experience, and whatnot, including best in slot gear, while a new player has none of these. Think about them.

Edit: Also before anyone has a heart attack over this, see this post, about giving a way for new players (and not just new), to skip all that:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/27073/gem-store-items-to-support-wvw-mode/p1

Getting ascended gear is easy. Can be done with wvw, pvp, pve, or crafting. It doesn’t take long especially if you craft it. Getting a crafting profession to 500 takes about 45 minutes and really isn’t all that expensive. You get a lot of mats in wvw, which would make the crafting cheap anyway.

I’ve played for about a year and a half. I only started thinking about ascended gear about 6 months ago. Since then I have 3 full sets of ascended armor (one for each weight), two sets of trinkets (one power focused and one condi focused), 2 daggers, a sword, a great sword, a staff, a rifle, a pistol, an axe, a longbow, and a hammer. I also have 3 legendaries (The Ascension, Bolt, and Predator). I don’t play 24/7. Usually 5-8 hours per week (if I’m able to at all in a given week).

If I can do that in 6 months others can too. Honestly I bet most can do it faster as it seems like others play quite a bit more than me. I don’t think new players should just be given BIS in wvw. If they want a game mode that doesn’t have any gear relevance they can play spvp.

Exotic armor is almost as good and is extremely cheap and easy to get. A new player can gear up in level 80 exotics the same day they reach level 80. I did. That is more than enough to be competitive in wvw. I honestly got ascended more as an accomplishment and less of a stat advantage. It’s small enough to be irrelevant in wvw in my opinion.

@ankortwat.4926 said:

@jacksmith.6028 said:Exotic is totally competitive. I have full ascended with infusions on one account and the exotics from the reward tracks on another. Not a huge amount of difference in performance . Most fight guilds I've been in are fine with exotics if you can show you know how to fight. The cool thing about WvW is that gear won't carry a player.

so if gear won't carry a player, what would be wrong about nullifying the gear advantage?

. . . What gear advantage?

Is their a new gear set I missed that actually gives an advantage?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"Mysteriax.6049" said:I am in favor of a PvP Build system in WvW for the following reasons. 1) I would like to have the ability to easily test a variety of stat, rune and gear combinations in World V. World. Currently this is hard to do because you have to farm equipment for each stat, and most exotic gear is soulbound. 2) This system can be implemented with players still having a lot of freedom. Import the PvP Build System but add additional runes and include customizable rings, trinkets and backpiece as well as an amulet. 3) Make WvW as accessible as possible.

Sure. Just refund me for the cost of ascended armor. And the lengemdary weapons I've made. Cool.

ANet can account for those players who have ascended and legendary gear by keeping an ascended bonus and infusion bonuses. It works something like this: The WvW Build system will also include an "Ascended Bonus" accounting for a + value to stats depending on how many pieces of ascended you have. So if you select Berserker's Amulet, Berserker's Rings, Berserker's Trinkets and Berserker's backpiece (set to exotic quality by default), you'll gain X value of extra Power, Precision and Ferocity for every ascended item equipped, with the bonus scaling to whether the ascended item equipped is a weapon, helmet, shoulder etc... (more bonus for an ascended weapon than an ascended helmet). All currently slotted infusions and enrichments will also have an effect in WvW. So we can still get the access to build testing in WvW while rewarding players for making to the ascended/legendary levels.

WvW is end game. In the past that meant you might need to spend some time out of it to regear. That's the point of endgame. Now with the changes WvW is close to self-sufficient. PvP is meant for more balanced play, and I may hate to say this but the fun and challenge in WvW is that its not a fair playing field. And yes I say this as a player that was an uplevel running around leveling up in WvW. The Exotic gear that is offerred by the WvW merchants is baseline, but no there is nothing wrong with having players work towards higher end gear from there.

@Mysteriax.6049 said:

@Mysteriax.6049 said:I am in favor of a PvP Build system in WvW for the following reasons. 1) I would like to have the ability to easily test a variety of stat, rune and gear combinations in World V. World. Currently this is hard to do because you have to farm equipment for each stat, and most exotic gear is soulbound. 2) This system can be implemented with players still having a lot of freedom. Import the PvP Build System but add additional runes and include customizable rings, trinkets and backpiece as well as an amulet. 3) Make WvW as accessible as possible.

ANet can account for those players who have ascended and legendary gear by keeping an ascended bonus and infusion bonuses. It works something like this: The WvW Build system will also include an "Ascended Bonus" accounting for a + value to stats depending on how many pieces of ascended you have. So if you select Berserker's Amulet, Berserker's Rings, Berserker's Trinkets and Berserker's backpiece (set to exotic quality by default), you'll gain X value of extra Power, Precision and Ferocity for every ascended item equipped, with the bonus scaling to whether the ascended item equipped is a weapon, helmet, shoulder etc... (more bonus for an ascended weapon than an ascended helmet). All currently slotted infusions and enrichments will also have an effect in WvW. So we can still get the access to build testing in WvW while rewarding players for making to the ascended/legendary levels.

If you give me 12 items to piece my armor and trinkets/back together with, with any stat combination I choose, then I might consider it.

Unless you do that, no.

That still doesn't refund me the cost of all of the items I put into making them.

If amulets that combine trinkets are used, or if there is a fee to unlock for those of us that have them already, you can pretty much guarantee outrage.

@starhunter.6015 said:

@"ankortwat.4926" said:exotic isn't competitive, no serious WvW guild would accept you with exotic gear, furthermore the difference is far more than the 10% if you add up infusions and additional buff-food effects. Fully buffed up it's something about 25%.

What the kitten are you smoking ? Any WvW guild I have encountered has never restricted acceptance based on gear.... what sad server are you playing on if what you say is even true.

Both of you seem to be assuming that personal experience is a substitute for checking to understand what others are seeing in the game.

• There are some "serious" WvW guilds, just as there are hardcore Raid guild or restrictive Fractal PUGs. Such guilds care very much about gear and player skill, in addition to other requirements.
  • There are 100s of guilds. Not all of them are "serious". Many don't care at all about builds or comp; they just want numbers and work with whatever they get.

PS you can't count food as part of the "fully buffed up" because exotically-geared players can use the same food. Counting WvW infusions seems fair for Veterans, but most newer players won't have the gold or laurels to also afford that.

Regardless, in an even match up, Ascendedly-geared players will defeat exotically-geared foes, but... in WvW, it's almost never a fair fight. Skilled commanders can defeat PUGlings, folks who know their professions (and their opponents') will win out over those who don't. Gear is a factor; it's just not enough to determine the outcome.

You can get ascended trinkets by doing reward tracks/guild missions in WvW. Weapons shouldnt be a problem because theyre relatively cheap to craft and you will most likely get a box of armor+wep while you get the trinkets. Full armor will take a while but is doable. Only chest and leg armor give ton of stats by upgrading tho.

The tracks areBloodstone fen reward trackEmber Bay Reward Tracketc. Use guild wars wiki to find themIt takes like 24 hours or 32 hours of WvW time (less with guild booster) to get one of them. Accessories are like 12 guild commendations so you can get like 1 per week if you join a WvW guild.just unlock the tracks in pve in like 30 min and then enjoy your WvW time.

@"SoulSlavocracy.4902" said:TL;DR the entitlement of my generation is real both in the outside world and the gaming world

Pretty much sums it up. Wanting the best gear after putting in only a fraction of the time and effort that those who have already earned the gear is the definition of entitlement here.

• 2 years later...

@"SoulSlavocracy.4902" said:TL;DR the entitlement of my generation is real both in the outside world and the gaming worldDid the OP say what generation they belong to? I must have missed that.

To the OP, I'm gonna have to agree with the people saying that gear is fine as it is now. I often test out new builds in exotics before fully gearing them up in ascended, and the difference isn't even noticeable 99% of the time. I have a character who was hit pretty hard by recent-ish balance changes, and he was bad no matter how good his gear was until I made some more tweaks to his build. Maybe you just need to play around with your build a bit more?

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Tiawal.2351 said:Can take a long time getting proper gear, and playing a long time outside of WvW. I know many good players, who are rather playing other games, than do Living Story to unlock this and that stat and so on. Some just don't have time, and that 2-3 hour want to spend in WvW, not in PvE & story.

You have to understand that not everyone likes the PvE part of this game. I did it somehow, I try to like it, but I have fun only in WvW, though I like PvE in other games, but not GW2.

Similar to sPvP, WvW could have WvW exclusive armor, and let the "gear grind" stay in PvE. (Even if it's a shorter and easier "grind")

There are many classes I'd like to try, but don't have proper gear, and I just can't do another set anymore, I rather watch a movie, just can't stand crafting and the rest... So when my current set becomes outdated, I will rather quit than get gear again. The stat difference is big enough to matter, just think about full Berserker vs. full Marauder, though of course depends on class & build as well. Being limited by gear restricts you to a class & role that anyway becomes sooner or later outdated.

You can get full Ascended without ever having to leave WvW. And it doesn’t take that long, and once someone has a set of Ascended Armor they can either upgrade it to Legendary, or Just statswap it to another Stat set.

If players want Standardized gear Anet made them a gamemode specifically designed around just that and it’s not WvW.

Doesn't have to be "Standardized" (I think you mean what sPvP have). And, yes takes very long time as it is now, I need 1 year to get a full set or longer even, but I doubt that is possible without leaving WvW.

If someone plays WvW semi regularly it takes less than than Two months to acquire Ascended armor all within WvW since WvW provides everything needed to acquire Ascended Armor, this is a fact and simple math proves its.

Let’s look at the facts for a full set of Ascended Armor it takes a measley 2620 WvW Skirmish Tickets, Players can get 365 tickets per week and it doesn’t take much to max out tickets in a week.

It doesn't take much to get 365 tickets in a week if your rank is high. At a low rank you have to play this game almost like a part time job to max out tickets each week.

@ankortwat.4926 said:hi guys would love to play WvW again, but I'm tired of all this farming in order to get the best gear, so if you made WvW like PvP or at least make it possible to get perfect WvW gear within 1-2 days, you would definitely get more players playing WvW.

It would had less players actually..

i play this game only wvw and im very casual playing since 2012 and onlyn rank 2100-2200.i got several toons fully ascended and i dont craft nor ever did and it just took a low effort of keep playing... for 2-3weeks(note exotic is still fine and theres free exotic armor from skirmishes and reward track u can eve get free ministrell exotic from there)Best way to gert ascended is to start with trinkets

+For armors WvW gives free chests where u can select stats, its exotic armor and is perfectly fine!+for the trinkets where u canselect any stats ascended u have them from rewards tracks materials then go grabs them at the pve npc+for WvW mats trinkets its at spawn.+check if stats u want are obtenaible via laurels merchants as well for easyer accses.