So its official now then.

Genesis.5169

We have decided as a community devs + players that everyone would rather fight power specs then fight a condition spec regardless of circumstances. People would rather be 1 shot by power mesmer gs2 blink decoy clone shatter with no counter play (and now we can do it twice) then fight an condition mesmer which gives you plenty of counter play time.

Yeah I mad, a ton of players have no idea what has been done, if you think confusion was annoying you have now just converted nearly ever condition mesmer to power and these are the same people who complained about burst now your gonna get all of the burst in the world with all that toughness that everyone gets now a days right? NOPE

GG guys back to 1shoting everyone who messes up a dodge for me now.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If mesmer damage is overtuned, it will be nerfed.

But I don't personally enjoy the condition meta when it's active in PvP or WvW. I don't like the way it plays, the way it forces people to build, or even the way it looks. It just turns combat into a total mess of condis and boons filling up the screen, and it turns GW2 into a rotation-based combat system. I think activating Purge Gyro on cooldown is just about the least inspiring way to play the engineer, and it's exactly what drove me away from this game pre-PoF release.

I'd much rather die because I messed up a dodge or two than die because my class/build just doesn't have enough baked-in condition removal skills.

Sorry for typos, I am writing on my phone.

scrapper won't get one shotted anymore. any build that is a bunker build shouldn't, though. i still think mesmers who run power should not get to burst that much, but hey, looks like some bunker builds will be able to actually stand a chance against it now.

You say that like confusion mirage wasn't one shotting people for months. Condition meta is cancer. There is counter play to power; it's called armor. You know, that stat that's never worth taking on anything but a bunker build because it will be a dead stat vs like 80% of the enemy team? There's also protection, there's invulns, there's applying weakness...

@Flauvious.6195 said:You say that like confusion mirage wasn't one shotting people for months. Condition meta is cancer. There is counter play to power; it's called armor. You know, that stat that's never worth taking on anything but a bunker build because it will be a dead stat vs like 80% of the enemy team? There's also protection, there's invulns, there's applying weakness...

By virtue of how confusion mirages work no they weren't one shotting you, and generally it took two rotations and and axe 3 to take a target down unless you were a moron spaming every skill on your keyboard.

@Genesis.5169 said:

@Razor.6392 said:Ahh the SALT from gold mirage players!

Yep, ill be looking forward to decoy mind wracking you from stealth for your entire hp bar and if miss the 1st one ill be sure to do it again right after.

You will drop from gold to silver where you belong after these nerfs, so I don't think I will ever have a chance to see you in my matches, even if matchmaker feels like doing some odd pairings.

@Razor.6392 said:

@Razor.6392 said:Ahh the SALT from gold mirage players!

Yep, ill be looking forward to decoy mind wracking you from stealth for your entire hp bar and if miss the 1st one ill be sure to do it again right after.

You will drop from gold to silver where you belong after these nerfs, so I don't think I will ever have a chance to see you in my matches, even if matchmaker feels like doing some odd pairings.

I'm sure i will, it's easy to be a warrior on the forums isn't it.Btw how many viable condition builds were in the game btw?Verse power in pvp?I just wanna hear your opinion.

@"Alehin.3746" said:

People would rather be 1 shot by power mesmer gs2 blink decoy clone shatter with no counter playSo... we have those two things called "dodge" and "spatial awareness", when used together they work pretty well against 1shot builds.

Same could be said for condition builds minus the fact one punishing alot more then the other on failure also i made the point of if u miss the dodge in my first post. I like what you did there tho, try to quote the entire post next time.

getting 1 shotted = bad game play/skills

however you won't see that happening IF you know where the mesmer is/distance from you. I rarely every get 1 shotted by a power mesmer (high plat). The only time i ever see it happening when the mesmer is picking off the idiots who are out of positioning during fights.

@Genesis.5169 said:We have decided as a community devs + players that everyone would rather fight power specs then fight a condition spec regardless of circumstances.Pretty much, yeah. I have fun with some condi builds and i don't really have problem fighting against them, but mirag's pre-nerf confusion was too bursty.People would rather be 1 shot by power mesmer gs2 blink decoy clone shatter with no counter play (and now we can do it twice)Easy to dodge.then fight an condition mesmer which gives you plenty of counter play time.Not as easy to dodge, since everything the mesmer do causes confusion. Also, being punished for fighting back is a stupid design.Yeah I mad, a ton of players have no idea what has been done, if you think confusion was annoying you have now just converted nearly ever condition mesmer to power and these are the same people who complained about burst now your gonna get all of the burst in the world with all that toughness that everyone gets now a days right?Thats fine, i just hope anet don't kill the class on the next nerfs. lolGG guys back to 1shoting everyone who messes up a dodge for me now.Saying this won't make anet revert the changes. But good luck, salty boi!

@Genesis.5169 said:We have decided as a community devs + players that everyone would rather fight power specs then fight a condition spec regardless of circumstances. People would rather be 1 shot by power mesmer gs2 blink decoy clone shatter with no counter play (and now we can do it twice) then fight an condition mesmer which gives you plenty of counter play time.

Yes. Exactly that. I would much rather fight a power spec than a condition spec regardless of circumstances. There is NUMEROUS ways to counter power damage. The same cannot be said for conditions. If you don't realize that, you're either acting dumb, or don't know how to play the game. Condition mesmer is one of the hardest builds to counter play, hence why it is considered the strongest 1v1 spec.

So, since you obviously don't know, the counters to power damage are:

1. Dodge
  2. Stealth
  3. Block
  4. Invulnerability
  5. Evasion
  6. Armor
  7. Protection
  8. Weakness
  9. etc. etc.

What do we have against conditions?

1. Condition removal
  2. Resistance

Yeah I mad, a ton of players have no idea what has been done, if you think confusion was annoying you have now just converted nearly ever condition mesmer to power and these are the same people who complained about burst now your gonna get all of the burst in the world with all that toughness that everyone gets now a days right? NOPE

YEP

Looks like you're fighting against silver players who don't know how to dodge.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Genesis.5169 said:We have decided as a community devs + players that everyone would rather fight power specs then fight a condition spec regardless of circumstances. People would rather be 1 shot by power mesmer gs2 blink decoy clone shatter with no counter play (and now we can do it twice) then fight an condition mesmer which gives you plenty of counter play time.

Yes. Exactly that. I would much rather fight a power spec than a condition spec regardless of circumstances. There is NUMEROUS ways to counter power damage. The same cannot be said for conditions. If you don't realize that, you're either acting dumb, or don't know how to play the game. Condition mesmer is one of the hardest builds to counter play, hence why it is considered the strongest 1v1 spec.

1. Dodge
  2. Stealth
  3. Block
  4. Invulnerability
  5. Evasion
  6. Armor
  7. Protection
  8. Weakness
  9. etc. etc.

1. Condition removal
  2. Resistance

YEP

Under defense against conditions, you forgot:

1. Dodge
  2. Stealth
  3. Block
  4. Invulnerability
  5. Evasion

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

1. Dodge
  2. Stealth
  3. Block
  4. Invulnerability
  5. Evasion
  6. Armor
  7. Protection
  8. Weakness
  9. etc. etc.

1. Condition removal
  2. Resistance

YEP

1. Dodge
  2. Stealth
  3. Block
  4. Invulnerability
  5. Evasion

Dodge, stealth, block, and evasion do NOTHING against conditions that are on you. You can avoid power damage using them, but conditions, no. They will continue to damage you.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

1. Dodge
  2. Stealth
  3. Block
  4. Invulnerability
  5. Evasion
  6. Armor
  7. Protection
  8. Weakness
  9. etc. etc.

1. Condition removal
  2. Resistance

YEP

1. Dodge
  2. Stealth
  3. Block
  4. Invulnerability
  5. Evasion

Dodge, stealth, block, and evasion do NOTHING against conditions that are on you. You can avoid power damage using them, but conditions, no. They will continue to damage you.

Can you dodge/stealth/block/evasion Power attacks that already hit you?

They work just as well against conditions. Those things don't just magically appear on you, you know. You have to be hit for conditions to be applied.

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

@"Genesis.5169" said:We have decided as a community devs + players that everyone would rather fight power specs then fight a condition spec regardless of circumstances. People would rather be 1 shot by power mesmer gs2 blink decoy clone shatter with no counter play (and now we can do it twice) then fight an condition mesmer which gives you plenty of counter play time.

1. Dodge
  2. Stealth
  3. Block
  4. Invulnerability
  5. Evasion
  6. Armor
  7. Protection
  8. Weakness
  9. etc. etc.

1. Condition removal
  2. Resistance

YEP

1. Dodge
  2. Stealth
  3. Block
  4. Invulnerability
  5. Evasion

They work just as well against conditions. Those things don't just magically appear on you, you know. You have to be hit for conditions to be applied.

Power attacks apply conditions. Dodge, stealth, block, and evasion will not prevent conditions from hurting you. They will, however, prevent a power attack.

Please, fight against a condition build only using dodge, stealth, block, and evasion as your "counterplay." You'll get hit and take damage from the conditions regardless of how many times you dodge, stealth, block, or evade. Condition cleanse and resistance are the ONLY counterplay mechanics to conditions.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@"Genesis.5169" said:We have decided as a community devs + players that everyone would rather fight power specs then fight a condition spec regardless of circumstances. People would rather be 1 shot by power mesmer gs2 blink decoy clone shatter with no counter play (and now we can do it twice) then fight an condition mesmer which gives you plenty of counter play time.

1. Dodge
  2. Stealth
  3. Block
  4. Invulnerability
  5. Evasion
  6. Armor
  7. Protection
  8. Weakness
  9. etc. etc.

1. Condition removal
  2. Resistance

YEP

1. Dodge
  2. Stealth
  3. Block
  4. Invulnerability
  5. Evasion

You get hit by a power attack that applies conditions. Dodge, stealth, block, and evasion will not prevent conditions from hurting you. They will, however, prevent a power attack.

Please, fight against a condition build only using dodge, stealth, block, and evasion as your "counterplay," and see if that works. You'll take damage from the conditions regardless of how many times you dodge, stealth, block, or evade. Condition cleanse and resistance are the ONLY counterplay mechanics to conditions.

I do all the time on my Ranger. Works pretty well. What you're saying is that you can also avoid 100% of damage from Power builds by just using those things? No, you can't. Not everything is avoidable. You will be hit. You will take damage.

What you can do is avoid the worst of it entirely. This seems to be something you don't understand applies regardless of what build you are facing. Condition and Power builds both have particular attacks that do more than others. When fighting a Necro, you dodge Feast of Corruption. Not only is that their hardest-hitting attack, but you also get to deny them life force (and condition necro is bad at generating that). That's 5 stacks of Torment I don't have to think about cleansing because they never got applied.

Remember: an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure.

@Genesis.5169 said:1 shot by power mesmer gs2 blink decoy clone shatter with no counter play

Then you go

@Genesis.5169 said:GG guys back to 1shoting everyone who messes up a dodge

Maybe stop messing up the thing you use to counter it? You act as if the game isn't full of evade spam, invulns, blocks, ect.

If mes could sit in stealth forever and force out your cooldowns in anticipation then MAYBE there would be some validity to your complaint.

Every class has at least 2 doge rolls and 2 damage mitigation skills, and a good chunk of the game has passives that proc it.Phants don't last forever anymore and they've always been easy to remove form the board for anything that ironically isn't a mesmer. So you shouldn't be burning more doges than you need to on them.

Or I'm sorry do waste doges on the 1.0 coefficient from Mind Stab at a distance, and auto attacks that warriors, rangers, and engies can literally out heal?Know what you should really complain about? Is how Chrono can do it 4 times!

Plus they are going into illusion line for dmg, which with the new phantasmal force isn't so bad but they don't get that might on the combo you are complaining about.That also means they pack less of a punch and lose stuns if swapping it from Dom, or lose reflect vigor and crit dmg from dueling. Or they lose both if they grab insp.