The Name of the Deep Sea Dragon S......!!

Sombra.3246

Wanted to start a discussion on guessing the name of the mysterious Deep Sea Dragon.All we can do at this point is guess.So I will Start.My guesses for names I think would be cool are:SindrakeSalamanceSourbourosSzraak

Please leave your guesses or names you think will be cool in the comments below :)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"ArbiterofTruth.2390" said:How do we know its name starts with an S?

The "Hidden Arcana" story instance from Season 2 suggests that the dragon's name potentially starts with an S via NPC dialogues and the map of the All. For example, here's one bit of dialogue from the instance:

Historian: That's a map of the All. I like to think of them as spirit realms. That's Tyria in the middle. All those other circles are spheres of influence and powerful magic.

Character name: What about the letters? Are those...

Historian: Yeah. First letter of each dragon's name.

Character name: Who's S?

Historian: Don't know any more than that. That was all they could get from the Tome of the Five True Gods. It's too damaged. Some of these scholars in here would kill to know the full name of that dragon.

Character name: Is it the deep sea dragon?

Historian: They think so. Me, I think they probably got the letter wrong, but who knows. They're still translating and trying to fill in lost pieces.

What's also intriguing is that during the cutscene in Kesho that explained "The Legacy" in "The Way Forward" story instance in Path of Fire, we may have actually gotten our first, menacing glimpse of the deep sea dragon. If you want to check out the glimpse in the cinematic rather than in the wiki screencap, keep an eye out in the aforementioned cinematic between 0:14 and 0:15. :)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deep_sea_dragon

The Durmand Priory believe its name begins with an S; however, the old texts that list the Elder Dragons' names were damaged when naming this dragon, and translation is subjective due to its age.[1][2] The deep sea dragon is said to have woken in the deepest location of the seas, though its exact location remains unknown.

@Kossage.9072 said:

The
story instance from Season 2 provided suggests the dragon's name potentially starts with an S via NPC dialogues and the map of
. For example, here's one bit of dialogue from the instance:

Historian:
That's a map of the All. I like to think of them as spirit realms. That's Tyria in the middle. All those other circles are spheres of influence and powerful magic.

Character name:
What about the letters? Are those...

Historian:
Yeah. First letter of each dragon's name.

Character name:
Who's S?

Historian:
Don't know any more than that. That was all they could get from the Tome of the Five True Gods. It's too damaged. Some of these scholars in here would kill to know the full name of that dragon.

Character name:
Is it the deep sea dragon?

Historian:
They think so. Me, I think they probably got the letter wrong, but who knows. They're still translating and trying to fill in lost pieces.

What's also intriguing is that during the
that explained "The Legacy" in
story instance in Path of Fire, we may have actually gotten our first, menacing glimpse of the
. If you want to check out the glimpse in the cinematic rather than in the wiki screencap, keep an eye out in the aforementioned cinematic between 0:14 and 0:15. :)

Are you sure? I took that to be Kralkatorrik.