Quickness and alacrity sharing

Exciton.8942

After the new patch, the boon sharing becomes much more difficult.

Assuming 100% boon duration.

For quickness, we have two sourceswell of action = 40% uptimedouble signet of inspiration = 25%x2 = 50% uptime.

So there is still 10% empty space that needs to be filled in. With F5 reset, we can probably still reach 100%

For alacrity, we have three sourceswell of recall = 35% uptimetide of time = 33% uptimedouble signet of inspiration = 33% uptime.

So it is just enough for 100% uptime.

In reality the rotation can be quite a bit trickier considering we need sigil of concentration to reach 100% boon duration. It is also much less tolerant for error as majority of our sharing comes from the two wells.

So we might want to go for 100% boon duration w/o sigil of concentration now to make it the playstyle a bit smoother. We probably also need to take time warp to help against potential mistake.

What is your thought? What do you think will be the best set up for support chrono in the future?

@musu.9205 said:just run seize the moment and shatter when u have to catch up from some mistake

quickness will be much harder to achieve 100% after this . alacrity doesn't have much problem from what i tested

Seize the moment doesn't help. It only gives YOURSELF quickenss.

You can also take phantasmal haste if you care about quickness on yourself.

Personally , I think the easiest solution is to have a dps chrono or a dragonhunter to help with quickness

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:I tried rotation on a golem, i definitely made some mistakes and ut could be improved but i was 30 sec of alacrity and quickness almost alk the time with alacrity duration reducet. Dont forget that stronger alacrity-> faster recharge -> more alacrity uptime

It is easy to stack tons of alacrity/quickness on yourself. But here we are talking about sharing them to teammates.

Getting alacrity trait is definitely a good option to improve uptime.

OK, so i tried it on golem. 60 seconds rotation (CS cd with alacrity) and i got 10 s quickness and alacrity when cs was back on cd with all spells ready exept half of well of recall. ALacrity shouldnt be a problem sincee i could shatter 2 more times for personal alacrity and rest of the Team get longer duration (i use improved alacrity). Now i relised that i wasnt using any food so i was some concentration short so numbers should be even higher (this is important for quickness).

EIDT: without food i am 11% boon duration downEDIT2: Every 18 seconds (2 weapons swaps) you give 20 sec of quickness without counting cs with 66 boon duration and concentration sigil (with 100 boon duration its every 16,66 seconds because you dont need to w8 for weapon swap)

The new alacrity trait definitely helps out quite a bit.

It makes well of action quickness uptime to ~48% and SoI quickness uptime to 30%. So we can get 108% uptime of quickness w/o using CS this way.

But well of action placement gonna be super crucial now.

Another bad thing is that our utility bar gonna get locked into well of action, SoI, well of recall. There is no room for any other utility any more.

@"Exciton.8942" said:The new alacrity trait definitely helps out quite a bit.

It makes well of action quickness uptime to ~48% and SoI quickness uptime to 30%. So we can get 108% uptime of quickness w/o using CS this way.

Another bad thing is that our utility bar gonna get locked into well of action, SoI, well of recall. There is no room for any other utility any more.

Maybe if you need another ultility you can swap WoA for that ultility and take timewarp?In my oppinion new chrono might be even better because not only you provide same buffs but you have reduced cd on other situational spells (like cc). Also the fact that we are "locked" could mean that some things we did need to be provided by dps profesion (like boon strip or maybe more reflects) and this could be more healthy to the gameplay. Overall i like the changes. Only thing i didnt like is confusion change for pve because i liked mirage "uniqueness" but i would take confusion change any day if it meant we would get this patch.

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

@"Exciton.8942" said:The new alacrity trait definitely helps out quite a bit.

Maybe if you need another ultility you can swap WoA for that ultility and take timewarp?In my oppinion new chrono might be even better because not only you provide same buffs but you have reduced cd on other situational spells (like cc). Also the fact that we are "locked" could mean that some things we did need to be provided by dps profesion (like boon strip or maybe more reflects) and this could be more healthy to the gameplay. Overall i like the changes. Only thing i didnt like is confusion change for pve because i liked mirage "uniqueness" but i would take confusion change any day if it meant we would get this patch.

Just from gameplay point of view, I don't really like the changes to support chrono.

I used to be able to shatter phantasms. Now I have to wait them to become clones. Certain phantasm(warden) takes very long time. This makes rotation feels very clunky.

I also like the old rotation better. It feels very neat. Due to plenty of quickness/alacrity source, you can delay your skills to match encounter mechanics.

Now, you have to just stack to 100% boon duration and press every skill off CD. It feels quite brain-dead to be honest. I guess for balance reasons, we deserve to be just boon spam bot. But the gameplay is really lame.

This is what I was scared of when I heard ToT lost quickness in order to gain alacrity :(

I do agree that it seems as if Anet is trying to limit how much chrono can do, down to just providing alacrity and quickness, and maybe CC via your elite. While I think that's good, I disagree with what feels like a hard lowering of the skill ceiling on chrono. I also don't like having our entire bar be locked for this, due to only have 2 sources to share quickness now.

I agree this is a backward step for Chrono. Support for the team has been nerfed.

The dropping of shield phantasms which generated alacrity on others also does not help at all. Not sure what abet was thinking here with these changes.

The numbers will prove backwards regression for both Alacrity/Quickness with raid logs from groups over the next few weeks unless running other classes to support it. Healing Rev on the other hand has a much easier time generating alacrity than a chrono and can better maintain it for less effort.

The question I have is for ANET/others - where chrono is meant to be able to provide alacrity easily to others why is it so hard to do, when compared to a rev?

@Exciton.8942 said:

@Exciton.8942 said:The new alacrity trait definitely helps out quite a bit.

Just from gameplay point of view, I don't really like the changes to support chrono.

I used to be able to shatter phantasms. Now I have to wait them to become clones. Certain phantasm(warden) takes very long time. This makes rotation feels very clunky.

I also like the old rotation better. It feels very neat. Due to plenty of quickness/alacrity source, you can delay your skills to match encounter mechanics.

Now, you have to just stack to 100% boon duration and press every skill off CD. It feels quite brain-dead to be honest. I guess for balance reasons, we deserve to be just boon spam bot. But the gameplay is really lame.

Yea its true, i would love to get some quickness back at ToT (or avanger) but if you can delay skills, miss some wells, mistime lesser signet of inspiration and still get so much quickness that it doesnt rly matter then it should be nerfed. Middle ground where you can delay skills but then you cannot mess up or you lose uptme would be ideal i guess

• 1 year later...

@OriOri.8724 said:This is what I was scared of when I heard ToT lost quickness in order to gain alacrity :(

I do agree that it seems as if Anet is trying to limit how much chrono can do, down to just providing alacrity and quickness, and maybe CC via your elite. While I think that's good, I disagree with what feels like a hard lowering of the skill ceiling on chrono. I also don't like having our entire bar be locked for this, due to only have 2 sources to share quickness now.

I completely agree with this sentiment tbh!Now that they've changed around SoI and Mimic (Personally think new SoI is great but don't wanna talk about Mimic), I think that reverting ToT back to quickness and shield phantasms back to alacrity would help support chrono feel smoother and probably free up a utility slot again?EDIT: Plus, I feel like since chrono's (and thus shield's) whole thing is quickness + alacrity so having both accessible on shield, as they used to be, makes a lot of sense!

@caerulean.4837 said:

@"OriOri.8724" said:This is what I was scared of when I heard ToT lost quickness in order to gain alacrity :(

I completely agree with this sentiment tbh!Now that they've changed around SoI and Mimic (Personally think new SoI is great but don't wanna talk about Mimic), I think that reverting ToT back to quickness and shield phantasms back to alacrity would help support chrono feel smoother and probably free up a utility slot again?EDIT: Plus, I feel like since chrono's (and thus shield's) whole thing is quickness + alacrity so having both accessible on shield, as they used to be, makes a lot of sense!

Wow what a throwback. I'm really not the one to comment on this, I've barely played the game at all in the past 6-9 months. And even now that I've "come back" to gw2, the current state of mesmer makes me not want to play a whole lot.

@caerulean.4837 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:This is what I was scared of when I heard ToT lost quickness in order to gain alacrity :(

This would be really sweet. I currently feel that the chrono is very limited on the options we have since we have to dedicate all 3 utility slots + elite + 1 offhand weapon to achieve full uptime on alacrity and quickness (Fractal point of view) and if people don't stand in your wells then there isn't really much you can do.

• 4 weeks later...

Reading the comments made me realise why I am having trouble enjoying my chrono as opposed to other classes. Especially the support concept.

The idea of locking chrono support behind the utility skills is awful to me. It'd be like a druid only healing using the utility skills. They should not limit the tool kit like this to a class that has no other fun skill bars like fb(fb is disgustingly awesome)/necro/tempest/even druid. Rev at least has the complexity of swapping weapons/legends and each button does multiple things to consider.

Even mirage has unique core things like the evade/attack interactions.

When there was a boonshare/swap weapons and bountifull illusions interaction it was exciting to me.

Throwing down wells is ok on my necro as I have other things to press and I never really "need a well". On chrono...it's so awfully boring and I have to take two of them :s plus a boring signet (which my tempests basic horn earth does, along with prot/earth aura??) to barely be able to provide what should be the signature of chronomancer and only if I gear insane bd is just...bleh. If anything make the wells not require me to get boon/condition duration/soi at all then to justify slotting them and if I do they would be even more awesome..perhaps the well trait could be further umphed somehow.

I so agree shield should be able to provide significant alac or quickness or frankly both to not feel so locked. Renegade spams a one intant button core skill to provide alac, Fb one utility instant both quickness and might? I mean come on now. I realise the boon fiesta was op..but I feel the nerf is so unfair at this point they should be the masters of alac/quickness aka timemancers.

@Exciton.8942 said:After the new patch, the boon sharing becomes much more difficult.after path it more easy. ofc if u not use mimic+ soi, but use wells whit less cooldown.on supboonheal biuld wiht 3 wells it come more and more betterat all soi should be uset it on party guard also spam elite quickenss and rene rev spam alac

For quickness, we have two sourceswell of action = 40% uptimedouble signet of inspiration = 25%x2 = 50% uptime.wrong. Also chrno have elite utility TimeWarp

So there is still 10% empty space that needs to be filled in. With F5 reset, we can probably still reach 100%

For alacrity, we have three sourceswell of recall = 35% uptimetide of time = 33% uptimedouble signet of inspiration = 33% uptime.wrong. othen we have rene rev in party, and no matter it is alac biuld o nor, rev should incluse in rotation alac boon

What is your thought? What do you think will be the best set up for support chrono in the future?I use 2 builds,diviner + powerdps partyministel on 3 wells + 4 dps scourges

• 2 weeks later...

@lare.5129 said:

@Exciton.8942 said:After the new patch, the boon sharing becomes much more difficult.after path it more easy. ofc if u not use mimic+ soi, but use wells whit less cooldown.on supboonheal biuld wiht 3 wells it come more and more betterat all soi should be uset it on party guard also spam elite quickenss and rene rev spam alac

For quickness, we have two sourceswell of action = 40% uptimedouble signet of inspiration = 25%x2 = 50% uptime.wrong. Also chrno have elite utility TimeWarp

For alacrity, we have three sourceswell of recall = 35% uptimetide of time = 33% uptimedouble signet of inspiration = 33% uptime.wrong. othen we have rene rev in party, and no matter it is alac biuld o nor, rev should incluse in rotation alac boon

What is your thought? What do you think will be the best set up for support chrono in the future?I use 2 builds,diviner + powerdps partyministel on 3 wells + 4 dps scourges

So you are trying to reply to my thread that is created 1 year ago for a completely different patch?

@lare.5129 said:

@Exciton.8942 said:So you are trying to reply to my thread that is created 1 year ago for a completely different patch?yes, I always reply if know answer when it can be helpful to others, no matter how old the post.

I take it like friendly gw2 style. Welcome !

Most skills are different though. So most of the original calculations are clearly waaay off.