The Name of the Deep Sea Dragon S......!!

Sombra.3246

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Fenom.9457" said:I hope the selbbub joke is honored somewhere in game but sadly we all know that would NOT be a menacing name for the dragon

Random Quaggan: "Coo. Scary dragon too scary. Quaggan makes it less scary by changing its name. Dragon's name is now Bubbles. Bubbles not scary."

-minion attack-

Random Quaggan: "Quaggan was wrong! Bubbles scary! Bubbles very scary! FooOOoo!"

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@"Fenom.9457" said:I hope the selbbub joke is honored somewhere in game but sadly we all know that would NOT be a menacing name for the dragon

Random Quaggan: "Coo. Scary dragon too scary. Quaggan makes it less scary by changing its name. Dragon's name is now Bubbles. Bubbles not scary."

-minion attack-

Random Quaggan: "Quaggan was wrong! Bubbles scary! Bubbles very scary! FooOOoo!"

Yes perfect

-minion attack-

I forgot quaggans were driven ashore by the sea dragon...Please anet lets just forget that dragon exists so I don't have to listen to moronic baby talking quaggans for an entire expansion.

@"Randulf.7614" said:Are you sure? I took that to be Kralkatorrik.

It's not 100% confirmed until a reputable NPC or a dev explicitly states it's so, of course. I, too, originally thought it may have been Kralky (given how fast it goes while you're given so much audiovisual stuff with it) until I took a closer look at the cinematic. There are a few clues in the Kesho cinematic, notably the dragon being in what seems to be underwater (notice the flow in the foreground when the camera pans to show the dragon's head as well as what look like bubbles around it). As for the purple-ish color for the dragon, while it could refer to Kralkatorrik, devs have told us before that "purple is the color of evil" in GW verse, so the cinematic's use of the color could simply indicate that, as an Elder Dragon, Bubbles is bad news and thus veers towards that hue to depict the concept image of the dragon to hammer that point home.

@Randulf.7614 said:Are you sure? I took that to be Kralkatorrik.

The Way Forward cinematic has six points when depicting the All, and color-codes them, just like with the Omadd Machine and Taimi Simulation cinematics. Unlike the other depictions which shows The All as seven circles (six Elder Dragon spheres revolving around a central golden Tyrian sphere), The Way Forward shows The All as a octahedron with a shining white cube in the center, with the color coding on the six points.

The colors are slightly different - originally it is purple (Kralk), red/orange (Primordus), lime green (Mordremoth), white (Jormag), blue (DSD), and dark green/black (Zhaitan). The octahedron instead has green, orange, yellow, very bright purple, light blue, and what seems to be white but could be very bright blue. Presumably the color correlation would be Zhaitan, Primordus, Mordremoth, Kralkatorrik, DSD, Jormag.

The cinematic zooms in on the white, flashes an image of a dragon in blue hue (when fading in, it looks purple though), and zooms out to a blue pointed pyramid.

So it's most likely the DSD, but it might be Jormag. It's a bit of an oddity in the cinematic that it changes color.

The shot of the dragon itself also has a fairly underwater vibe to it, though one could argue it to be snow or even clouds...

@Randulf.7614 said:Are you sure? I took that to be Kralkatorrik.

The Way Forward cinematic has six points when depicting the All, and color-codes them, just like with the Omadd Machine and Taimi Simulation cinematics. Unlike the other depictions which shows The All as seven circles (six Elder Dragon spheres revolving around a central golden Tyrian sphere), The Way Forward shows The All as a octahedron with a shining white cube in the center, with the color coding on the six points.

The colors are
slightly
different - originally it is purple (Kralk), red/orange (Primordus), lime green (Mordremoth), white (Jormag), blue (DSD), and dark green/black (Zhaitan). The octahedron instead has green, orange, yellow, very bright purple, light blue, and what seems to be white but could be very bright blue. Presumably the color correlation would be Zhaitan, Primordus, Mordremoth, Kralkatorrik, DSD, Jormag.

The cinematic zooms in on the white, flashes an image of a dragon in blue hue (when fading in, it looks purple though), and zooms out to a blue pointed pyramid.

So it's most likely the DSD, but it might be Jormag. It's a bit of an oddity in the cinematic that it changes color.

The shot of the dragon itself also has a fairly underwater vibe to it, though one could argue it to be snow or even clouds...

Yeah i was thinking swirls/shards/crystals of light hence why i i stantly thought of Kralk. Interesting catch though if it is the DSD

Smaug ..ehm, oh, no ,already taken, my bad xD

How about ( looking for names that go smooth over the togue)

• Siendeidaras
  • Shyllaeth
  • Sathaerloss
  • Sharinnedo'ul (a bit more playing around with spelling here, makng this way the name sound more interesting)
  • Shaesadethr
  • Sheherazade (jk xD)

somethign alogn this I'd surely vote for it as name ^^ Most likely if it woudl go after me and my idea,s it take Sharinnedo'ul I guess

@Orpheal.8263 said:Smaug ..ehm, oh, no ,already taken, my bad xD

• Siendeidaras
  • Shyllaeth
  • Sathaerloss
  • Sharinnedo'ul (a bit more playing around with spelling here, makng this way the name sound more interesting)
  • Shaesadethr
  • Sheherazade (jk xD)

somethign alogn this I'd surely vote for it as name ^^ Most likely if it woudl go after me and my idea,s it take Sharinnedo'ul I guess

meh, i doubt everyone is able to read these names.

@Arden.7480 said:

How about ( looking for names that go
smooth
over the togue)
  • Siendeidaras
  • Shyllaeth
  • Sathaerloss
  • Shaesadethr
  • Sheherazade (jk xD)

Do I even have to pronounce it now for you ? ;-P

• Cy-en-day-dah-ras
  • Shy-la-eth
  • Sa- tha-er-loss
  • Sha-rin-nedo--uul
  • Sha-esa-dea-thr

With names like Kralkatorrik it isn't every much better compared to my proposed names, so Anet has no problems with dragon names that are a bit longer and consist out of more than only 2 or 3 syllables

@Arden.7480 said:

@"Orpheal.8263" said:Smaug ..ehm, oh, no ,already taken, my bad xD

smooth
over the togue)
  • Siendeidaras
  • Shyllaeth
  • Sathaerloss
  • Shaesadethr
  • Sheherazade (jk xD)

I agree.

Personally I don't think they will name it. If the name is lost to history, unless it comes up to introduce itself with a wave and a handshake, then I suspect if we ever encounter it, they will use "Deep Sea Dragon" or equivalent.

If they do name it, I hope they use it as a good way of digging further back into older rises. We've touched upon it a little with the Mursaat tablets and a few other bits, but I think if we could somehow uncover something much older than previously discovered, then that could be really intriguing

@Orpheal.8263 said:

smooth
over the togue)
  • Siendeidaras
  • Shyllaeth
  • Sathaerloss
  • Shaesadethr
  • Sheherazade (jk xD)

Do I even have to pronounce it now for you ? ;-P
  • Cy-en-day-dah-ras
  • Shy-la-eth
  • Sa- tha-er-loss
  • Sha-rin-nedo--uul
  • Sha-esa-dea-thr

With names like Kralkatorrik it isn't every much better compared to my proposed names, so Anet has no problems with dragon names that are a bit longer and consist out of more than only 2 or 3 syllables

I just cant pronounce these names, because they are tough for my language i mean 'th' and 'sh' sounds appearing in such order makes my tongue uncomfortable, you dont wanna hear me while saying these names. xD Nice character name ideas, but to name a dragon like that would cause hundreds of versions of pronouncing and none would be correct. xD

I have a few possible names too!

• Super Scary Dark Shadow Dragon xXDx3 (If it's named by a 13 year old who just got into gaming)
  • Serenia (If it's named by someone who spent a little time thinking about it)
  • Scallgon (if it's named by someone who usually names pokemon for nintendo [it's a merge of "Scall"op and Dra"gon", in case you didn't notice, which is a common Pokemon naming scheme])
  • Seventh Dragon Emperor of the Dark Abyss - Shadow of the Crimson Sea [4000 Atk / 4000 Def, 10 Stars, Effect: If successfully summoned, all Enemy Cards on the Board will be attached to this card as Equip Spell Cards. This Card gains 100 Atk for each Card Equipped by this Cards Effect] (if it's named by someone who usually names YuGiOh Cards)
  • Shrough (A more serious guess)

Interesting thing indeed!I once had a very weird dream where the name for the dragon somehow got leaked through a leak regarding an expansion that was going for the water dragon and its name was "Septragon" I don't know why I dreamt anything like this. Anyway, I just wanted to share this somehow.

• Siendeidaras
  • Shyllaeth
  • Sathaerloss
  • Shaesadethr
  • Sheherazade (jk xD)

I like the second one, sounds like something in pastel tongue which would be perfect for it

@Arden.7480 said:

smooth
over the togue)
  • Siendeidaras
  • Shyllaeth
  • Sathaerloss
  • Shaesadethr
  • Sheherazade (jk xD)

And people complain Kralkatorrik is too hard to remember and pronounce...

@Randulf.7614 said:

smooth
over the togue)
  • Siendeidaras
  • Shyllaeth
  • Sathaerloss
  • Shaesadethr
  • Sheherazade (jk xD)

I agree.

Personally I don't think they will name it. If the name is lost to history, unless it comes up to introduce itself with a wave and a handshake, then I suspect if we ever encounter it, they will use "Deep Sea Dragon" or equivalent.

If they do name it, I hope they use it as a good way of digging further back into older rises. We've touched upon it a little with the Mursaat tablets and a few other bits, but I think if we could somehow uncover something much older than previously discovered, then that could be really intriguing

If its minions speak like 4 out of 5 other dragons' minions, then it will get named by its forces if nothing else.

And getting more details on the prior rise would be nice, especially to iron out the inconsistencies (was it 10,000 or 3,000 years ago? ANET YOU KEEP GOING BACK AND FORTH!).

smooth
over the togue)
  • Siendeidaras
  • Shyllaeth
  • Sathaerloss
  • Shaesadethr
  • Sheherazade (jk xD)

And people complain Kralkatorrik is too hard to remember and pronounce...

smooth
over the togue)
  • Siendeidaras
  • Shyllaeth
  • Sathaerloss
  • Shaesadethr
  • Sheherazade (jk xD)

I agree.

If its minions speak like 4 out of 5 other dragons' minions, then it will get named by its forces if nothing else.

And getting more details on the prior rise would be nice, especially to iron out the inconsistencies (was it 10,000 or 3,000 years ago? ANET YOU KEEP GOING BACK AND FORTH!).

Come to think about it, the names all originate from the Dragons themselves. So if it was written down, a race would have previously discovered before from the Dragon/Minions. I wonder, rather than just use speech, we will "sense" it somehow from them - that would be more in keeping with a horror/eldritch style if they choose to use that theme for the Dragon.

What if it really is "Steve Bubbles", but all the historians, record keepers, and everyone else prefer not to mention this, because all the dragons are named in some rather hard to pronounce outlandish fashion?Honestly, who of you would like to admit, that you all were driven from your ancestral homelands by the Elder Dragon, the horrible threat, that cannot be overcome, by STEVE BUBBLES?!I suspect most tyrians would laugh at that. It just defies expectation.Maybe the dragon itself dislikes the name, going after those, who found out the secret of its name, sending its minions to silence all those, who dare mention its true name?

At this point, the Largos may know more, but they aren't really the type to talk about those things.The Krait may also know the name of the Deep Sea Dragon, or at least confim, whether or not it's actually Steve.There's also the Quaggan, but eh- I'd prefer to dive into the Unending Ocean and ask the dragon in person. At least we could figure out, whether or not the Dragon is a threat that way. If the dragon ignores the dry land, we might not even need to fight it.