When will the server association change ? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

When will the server association change ?

Ocir.7345Ocir.7345 Member ✭✭
edited February 9, 2018 in WvW

Hello, when is the server association supposed to change ? I got to change server but want to wait to see if my current server doesnt get associated with the server i want to join. Is there a set rotation ? How do i know if thats gonna change today, next week, never ?

Best Answers

Answers

• Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

Server relink is at the last Friday of every even month.

• joneirikb.7506joneirikb.7506 Member ✭✭✭✭

The others answered the "when".

There is not a rotation or any predictable system to it. ANet changes the links up in order to balance out populations. So if lots of people transfer to a linked server to be with the host server, then those two will likely be split up in the next link, since chances are they're becoming larger than the other links. etc.

They never tell how they're going to link until right after the re-linking is done. To avoid people trying to game it. So you'll just have to wait until friday 23rd (more likely saturday 24th if they're a little late) and see.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
    "Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth." - J. Michael Straczynski
    "GW2 is a MSOFGG: Mass Singleplayer Online Fashion Grinding Game" -me

• Optimator.3589Optimator.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭

And do yourself a favor: If you don't like the new link you get, don't rage transfer on Saturday, since that means you'll be stuck playing 13 days with no pips. Wait until a bit before reset on the following Friday. Speaking from experience here. =)

REDUCE NA TO 3 TIERS

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

They don't announce who's being matched in the links until like 5 mins before reset happens at the earliest, and sometimes they need to be reminded to even post it....

"Is there pvp stuff for this?" "Absolutely, eh we actually have a new armor set coming soon."
    "From the back of the room!, the one pvp fan! we got him! WoAH!"
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic ||

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.