it's 2018, can we finally go around with invisible chest armor around?

coso.9173

I haven't een playing for like 8 months or so i think. So I'm just asking. can we finally wear invisible chest armor? (at least for males?) i'm sick and tired of all the trenchcoats in medium armor for human males.Has there been any news about it? I know we can hide helmet and other things, and we have some invisible shoes/boots. so the tech is there. :DLet me know if I've missed anything.

Before everyone gets all uptight, I might remind folks that this is mostly for male characters, and maybe Asura females. The base female underwear for the chest is hideous compared to the bikinis you could get in game; Asura being the only exception of having something that actually has some semblance of design to it.

This is really so dudes can run around without shirts on all day. And, in light of the way female vs male armor in the game looks, that's a really fair thing to ask for lol

I just have to say this but revealing clothes of either sex is the most ridiculous thing in a game where you get hit by sharp objects. There is this cool game called Rust. It lets you run around naked and it also makes more sense with the game thematically being naked. If u really like to flaunt pixels... try that game.

@Cobrakon.3108 said:I just have to say this but revealing clothes of either sex is the most ridiculous thing in a game where you get hit by sharp objects.

Why, exactly? GW2 is based around avoiding attacks rather than tanking them. If anything, Warriors/Guardians/Revenants in traditional knight armour rolling around like Sanic the Horrhedge is just as ridiculous. Less restrictive armour makes much more sense.

Also it is a fantasy game: our characters, like Conan and Red Sonja, have plenty of plot armour.

• 1 year later...

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Linken.6345 said:How sir will you find the chest if its invisible.?

oh trust me, it will be plenty visible!

as suggested by the title, this is a thread from 2018

That only serves the point. I could make a new similar topic, but why would i when there is already one showing history from others of way back.

@Crackmonster.2790 said:

@"Linken.6345" said:How sir will you find the chest if its invisible.?

oh trust me, it will be plenty visible!

as suggested by the title, this is a thread from 2018

That only serves the point. I could make a new similar topic, but why would i when there is already one showing history from others of way back.

Maybe you could present better arguments for the idea than the OPS whos whole argument amounted to "WELL ALL ARMOR IS TRENCHCOATS."