Resistance converting into immobilize is a bad move. Immobile shouldn't be on the conversion table — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Resistance converting into immobilize is a bad move. Immobile shouldn't be on the conversion table

hunkamania.7561hunkamania.7561 Member ✭✭✭✭

There is a reason why the people who made this game didn't have Immobile on the conversion table. Having Resistance turn into immobile was not a good move and Immobile needs to be taken off the conversion table ASAP.

Ferguson's Crossing Server Leader

WVW LEADER

VR

Comments

• EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

@hunkamania.7561 said:
    There is a reason why the people who made this game didn't have Immobile on the conversion table. Having Resistance turn into immobile was not a good move and Immobile needs to be taken off the conversion table ASAP.

any reason why it is not a good move? Not against or for, just wondering why you felt it was not good.

Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

• @EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@hunkamania.7561 said:

any reason why it is not a good move? Not against or for, just wondering why you felt it was not good.

My guess is he plays Revenant.

Plague Signet is the only skill in the game that is worse when traited.

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

mmmm if rev, he should be fine. max range hammer is long range.

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

• Threather.9354Threather.9354 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2018

There is a spec called condi rev that often runs mallyx/glint or even mallyx/shiro. It is very reliant on resistance and it getting corrupted is very heavily being punished in the new system.

I wouldnt be suprised if we see old school melee trains with melee/condi revs + holosmiths/scrappers + firebrands + scourges + new chronos soon.

Engi has immense amount of AoE condi clenase now and chrono is pretty strong now too.

Resistance conversion change wasnt that bad. Now chill doesnt convert to resistance anymore (less resistance/chill in general) and it was indirect nerf to dura runes that were dominating meta also.

Ri Ba - WvW Commander, scout, loudmouth, tryhard
    Making Desolation great again/Alt somewhere
    Diamond Legend

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2018

talking about gettinc cc inside the halowed ground.... when every boon converted get's u cc'ed xD

Another sellf kill feature for guardians the most balanced as f*** class.

It is all about stack VS spam boon converting skills way more than before.

• hunkamania.7561hunkamania.7561 Member ✭✭✭✭

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@hunkamania.7561 said:

Immobile is pretty strong and having more sources of it is just making the game less fun. if i have resist and get hit by a well all of a sudden i am immobilized and stuck in a bomb. I mean, this also makes resist pretty kitten now as well.

I think resist and alacrity should just convert into chill and we can call it a day.

WVW LEADER

VR

• MithranArkanere.8957MithranArkanere.8957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2018

There's only one boon that would make sense converted into Immobilize, and it's one that doesn't exist. For it to exist, Resistance would have to be split into two boons:

• A reworked Resistance, that instead giving immunity to all conditions it would now grant a considerable damage reduction and decreased duration to DPS conditions, like 66% or more. Resistance would not get corrupted, instead it would be lost when an enemy tries to corrupt your boons, sacrificing itself to prevent it and saving you from one corruption skill.
    • A new boon called Freedom, that would prevent any hindering in movement and any forced movement. Crippled and immobilize would have no effect, chilled will only decrease cooldowns, weakness will not reduce endurance regeneration, and disabling control skills will lose any movement-impairing component while keeping the disabling component, effectively behaving like Daze when applied to someone affected by Freedom.

If that change and split was done to Resistance, then Freedom would be the one to be converted into Immobilize.

Unless such a change happens, nothing should turn into immobilize.

• GDchiaScrub.3241GDchiaScrub.3241 Member ✭✭✭✭

Never liked boon corrupts since it added more random elements. The boon remove + apply specific condi is a better idea. Furthermore, utility traits like "Nothing Can Save You" leave the door open for other builds that aren't condi based...whereas pure boon corrupts benefits condi users far more.

Holy Warriors of [Kazo] following Kazo doctrine guided by, Our Lord and Commander, Zudo in the holy Trinity of Him and his two firm glutes.

• Mysteriax.6049Mysteriax.6049 Member ✭✭✭

I also think Immobilize should be off the conversion table. Whatever that looks like I'm fine with.

• Trajan.4953Trajan.4953 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2018

A little CC in games like this is fine but the current state of affairs is just way over the top. You currently login to NOT
    play your character. You're either locked down chilled immobilized slowed etc or you have to spec only certain abilities and comps to counter all that mess. Classes literally have dozens of abilities that simply will not be used because it is a constant battle against CC.

It's just not very fun.

• Ubi.4136Ubi.4136 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm guessing none of you played DAoC. Whichever team got there AoE mezz off first usually won. Two roaming groups with 15 or so people come across each other. Your bard isn't as fast as the enemy minstrel. Guess what, you stand there asleep with more than a 1 minute timer while the melee train just kills your party 1 at a time. The skill that removed it was only on a few classes and on a 5 minute timer. So, it was not available most of the time.

This game literally has way too many spammable boons creating unkillable players/groups. That's how we ended up with the train wreck we currently have.

Lost in the Maguuma (TC)
    For the geographically challenged, yes, Tarnished Coast is located IN the Maguuma Jungle.

• Tiny Doom.4380Tiny Doom.4380 Member ✭✭✭

@Trajan.4953 said:
    A little CC in games like this is fine but the current state of affairs is just way over the top. You currently login to NOT
    play your character. You're either locked down chilled immobilized slowed etc or you have to spec only certain abilities and comps to counter all that mess. Classes literally have dozens of abilities that simply will not be used because it is a constant battle against CC.

It's just not very fun.

Reminds me of DAOC in the first few months when it was common to be completely locked in place, immobile and unable to act, for much of the time. That eventually got changed because it was fun for the ones doing the locking and absolutely no fun whatsoever for everyone else. Generally it's never a good plan to make a significant proportion of your players feel that playing your game is a waste of time. Finding yourself spending lengthy periods with no means of controlling your character is going to make people feel exactly that.

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

Then that means having it on the condi to boon is even better. There needs to be real risk to having a strong boon up at the same time there a big reward for getting it with a condi to boon effect.

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2018

@Jski.6180 said:
    Then that means having it on the condi to boon is even better. There needs to be real risk to having a strong boon up at the same time there a big reward for getting it with a condi to boon effect.

good point tho, still might get a bit to easy under some situations to cc target.. :\

• Resistance should save you from condis, now if it get corrupted you're more kitten than before.

vabbi.eu

• EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

I can sympathise with the general sentiments of those against the resistance to immobilize corruption. It makes things unfun indeed.

As a Reaper, I've been on the end of Long spammy immobilize ranger builds And sword pistol thieves spamming immobilize and stun. As well as condi bomb thieves that immobilize while bombing.

Those high duration spammy immobilize builds should get a look as well.

Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

• hunkamania.7561hunkamania.7561 Member ✭✭✭✭

Resistance was also meh before this change and now it's complete trash. Using it can only cause harm and you'll prob get stuck in a bomb because of it.

WVW LEADER

VR

• Rat wells are back! Just no need for a venom share thief anymore lmao

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@LINKAZZATORE.8135 said:
    Resistance should save you from condis, now if it get corrupted you're more kitten than before.

It resists condis.

Corruption isn't a condition. Neither are strips.

The most recent patch decreased the amounts of corruption, but kept the strips.

As to resistance, I agree with most in here that chill would be a better alternative for the table, with immobilize being off it.

And frankly, why not make immobilize an effect instead of a condition. It would still allow it, but not allow current boons to be corrupted into it.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• DeadlySynz.3471DeadlySynz.3471 Member ✭✭✭✭

Resistance wasn't even in this game originally and it's a much worse move even having it exist.

Yes Immobilize is beyond annoying (and that's putting it lightly), but having a boon that completely nullifies an entire damage type (and is easily kept up via rotating) is far far far worse. Perhaps the solution is to just remove resistance from the game, therefore we wouldn't have to worry about it being converted to immobilize anymore.

I hate to say it but thus kind of Left Field Shake it up change is so typical if Anet. I would love another Adopt a Dev program where they didn't all flock to BG or YB to determine what they think players want. I've known a few Anet folks from time to time and the ones I've talked to seem to share a lot of the same concerns we all do. There is some kind of disconnect happening in the company level is my guess.

• Hiraldo.7954Hiraldo.7954 Member ✭✭✭

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:
    Resistance wasn't even in this game originally and it's a much worse move even having it exist.

Yes Immobilize is beyond annoying (and that's putting it lightly), but having a boon that completely nullifies an entire damage type (and is easily kept up via rotating) is far far far worse. Perhaps the solution is to just remove resistance from the game, therefore we wouldn't have to worry about it being converted to immobilize anymore.

Condis were also a joke originally, with bleed being the highest DPS condi for most of the game's life. Now that you can get 1-ticked by burning/confusion/bleed/poison/torment or any combination of the above, resistance is needed. Plus its a boon and there's more than enough boon stripping and denial in the game as is.

[KEK] [kitten] [KRAB] [TTD] [TG] | Fort Aspenwood

• DeceiverX.8361DeceiverX.8361 Member ✭✭✭✭

The main problem with this change only really affects revenant disproportionately because most of its condition management comes down to utilizing resistance, which is prioritized and now makes them unable to dodge roll subsequent corrupts.

Prior to resistance, there were effects like Berserker Stance which negated all conditions, including immob. Similarly, there were immunity effects and blocks which could negate said kinds of attacks. Boons were not the hard-counter to something OP but used to provide pushing strength that if removed would be punishing by CC that was basically limited to warrior hammer.

There was just a lot less of everything. Conditions need toning down. CC needs toning down. Boons need toning down. Cooldowns need increasing. Maybe then we'll finally have some semblance of healthy gameplay because running around with permaboons and having fights get decided by who has permaboons and who doesn't isn't healthy or fun.

You sure that Sniper idea is as good as you thought it was gonna be?
    Because I think my original idea is better.
    Quit/Inactive. No, you can't have my stuff.

• How about you make superspeed a boon and have that convert into immob? You go from moving very fast to not at all, seems pretty legit. Resistance does need a boon corrupt but this change has made it far too easy to plant your enemy into a bomb just by corrupting them. The change didn't only affect revenant, its affects guards as well. Tome of Courage skill 4, you nerfed the pulses on this and then also made it easy to corrupt it and force your enemy to stand still.. You can only dodge so much.

• @Zephyr.8015 said:
    How about you make superspeed a boon and have that convert into immob? You go from moving very fast to not at all, seems pretty legit. Resistance does need a boon corrupt but this change has made it far too easy to plant your enemy into a bomb just by corrupting them. The change didn't only affect revenant, its affects guards as well. Tome of Courage skill 4, you nerfed the pulses on this and then also made it easy to corrupt it and force your enemy to stand still.. You can only dodge so much.

just remove immob from the table, replace resis - immob with, resist - torment and be done with it.

• like I said in your post on the pvp forums, heaving cleanses that prioritize immob and others would be ideal.

• jsp.6912jsp.6912 Member ✭✭

resistance is too op si it's a good nerf

• It's a terrible design. A 2 sec immobilize is a death sentence in a group fight. They wanted to nerf corrupts but this conversion just made it stronger than ever. This is like the rat well thing all over again.

You can say stability to fear has been a thing for years. But with fear, at least you're running away from the fight so you'll take less damage than an immobilize.

• Kaiser.9873Kaiser.9873 Member ✭✭✭

Immobile itself is a huge issue, but making resistance convert to immobile is a slap in the face. Replace it with virtually any other conversion, and it's all good.

• MUDse.7623MUDse.7623 Member ✭✭✭✭

if resistance is corrupted in a groupfight, you mostly have also alot of other conditions on you that will melt you down unless you reapply resistance or are able to remove them all, both would also get you rid of immobilize. i dont really see a problem with this. the bigger problem is the power of resistance. resistance should only reduce or might even nullify condi damage, not other condition effects. with a weaker resistance, a weaker corrupt of it might be justified. but currently the boon is just too strong so it needs a strong corrupt and stability corrupt is still stronger.

• Israel.7056Israel.7056 Member ✭✭✭✭

It just makes pirate ship that much more appealing.

• As a scrapper i love it, resistance allows you to get out of whatever situation got you immobilized in the first hand.

Powerfull condition to powerfull boon and vice versa is a good symmetry, having a strong condition into a weak boon is way too favorable for the condi spammer for example and the same goes the other way.

• Miko.4158Miko.4158 Member ✭✭✭

I don't think it should be on the table.
    its a counter as much as its a boon, and there shouldn't be counters to counters as that way lies madness.
    I think of it as the 'block' for condi's its 'duration' becauses condi is duration based.
    and was sorely missing when they uncapped condi.

I don't think its op as the duration is small compared to most condi's boons and cleanse. and its not passive.
    immobilise is terrible I can't even seperate it from lag, and should be removed.
    switch those skills that generate immobilse to fear and can it

• I second the notion to remove immob from the conversion table. Immob is THE MOST dangerous condition in wvw and its current place on the conversion table is not in line with other sources of cleanse, convert, or corrupt

• SgtSarcasm.3751SgtSarcasm.3751 Member
    edited February 11, 2018

Yes! please take this out! resist to torment would be a much healthier corruption as nothing corrupts into torment.

• reikken.4961reikken.4961 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2018

resistance -> immob isn't any dumber than might -> weakness or stability -> fear

may as well just remove all boon corruption from the game (not being facetious. and fwiw I play scourge)

• Drinks.2361Drinks.2361 Member ✭✭✭

if you wanted stability inline it would need to convert to stun like Basilisk venom

• Offair.2563Offair.2563 Member ✭✭✭

@steki.1478 said:
    Corrupting resistance into immobilize (or any condi really) and stability into fear is like countering reflected projectile with another reflect. I just dont see the point of countering a counter mechanic, especially if it hurts you even more for using it.

Welxome to gw2 mechanics, where your countering counters will get countered.

Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and own you with experience.
    Big Babou, Ranger for life.

• I say they take all the classes and go back to Vanilla. This recent patch has wrecked WvW and it will get even worse. Now it is just necros and Pew Pew classes that take 0 skill to play.

• Hannelore.8153Hannelore.8153 Member ✭✭✭✭

At first i was going to disagree, but you're right. Immobilise, despite being a condition, is a hard CC for the purposes of PvP. As someone said up above I think it would be much better if resistance corrupted into torment instead, which accomplishes the same thing more or less.

Hannah | Daisuki[SUKI] Founder, Ehmry Bay (formerly Jade Quarry) | Mains Mariyuuna/Tempest & Terakura/Spellbreaker | ♀♥♀

• GDchiaScrub.3241GDchiaScrub.3241 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2018

OBVIOUSLY we'll just have to run frontline soulbeast and stance share Dolyak Stance. It's what ANET intended. At 50% the shared duration. Hue hue hue.

Holy Warriors of [Kazo] following Kazo doctrine guided by, Our Lord and Commander, Zudo in the holy Trinity of Him and his two firm glutes.

edited February 13, 2018

Member when this game used to be fun?

I member

• @Strider Pj.2193 said:

@LINKAZZATORE.8135 said:
    Resistance should save you from condis, now if it get corrupted you're more kitten than before.

It resists condis.

Corruption isn't a condition. Neither are strips.

The most recent patch decreased the amounts of corruption, but kept the strips.

As to resistance, I agree with most in here that chill would be a better alternative for the table, with immobilize being off it.

And frankly, why not make immobilize an effect instead of a condition. It would still allow it, but not allow current boons to be corrupted into it.

Honestly Resistance shouldn’t make you immune to conditions period. It should act like protection and reduce the percent damage taken from them. But that’s just my two cents.