Worst class in the game right now? - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Worst class in the game right now?

2456

Comments

  • Lily.1935Lily.1935 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer

    Depends on the game mode. But necromancer has the worst balance problems bar none. And relevant isn't a finished class.

  • Eramonster.2718Eramonster.2718 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ranger

    @Lily.1935 said:
    Depends on the game mode. But necromancer has the worst balance problems bar none. And relevant isn't a finished class.

    I feel scourge & reaper (Necros) leans more to wvw & pvp. In pve(dmg wise) they are average. Scourge are basically necros with sand shades instead of shroud but punishment skills is wrecking players(cc and torment), less effective on npcs. Reaper is extremely sticky to get rid, with high sustain w shroud & chill.

  • Razor.6392Razor.6392 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2018
    Revenant

    I'll vote for revenant because their PoF elite spec is booty.

    Pvp wise, herald is still very potent and can do maybe a little too much damage, while gap closing just as well, if not better, than a thief. Par for the course with the dmg power creep though, so no problem from my end.

    Never said I'm the best, but I believe I'm better than you.

  • Razor.6392Razor.6392 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Revenant

    @Scar.1793 said:

    @Arkantos.7460 said:

    THE ONLY THING

    on rev sucks is condicleanse
    if you are halfbrained you can do great with rev but the most good ppl who playing rev are gone so still the rest kitten and some veterans left
    if you continueing watching forum and believe all bullllllschit ppl saying about rev you deserve to sck with this class
    maybe try out things for yourself but dont expect to be good after 1 or 2 years, you have to know all other classes as well to outplay them

    I mean no offense but you clearly have no idea about the situation of other classes, you even vote for Elementalists ?? kitten vote Necro or Engi then lol. Elems not only have huge variety of viable builds, they were never seen in the low-tier, during the whole time GW2 went live. It was and always is on top. You talk about condi-cleanse I guess you are focused only in sPvP or WvW.

    Don’t you find it funny that not only Revs have extremely poor skill choices but the new legend that came with PoF is useless both in PvP and PvE? Meanwhile Elementalists get tons of new skills and very good power and condi damage.

    Besides being pigeonholed in condi-mace, Power Rev doesn’t even break 30k dps. We’re sitting at 27k, same as before the “buffs”. There’s a reason why you barely see any Rev these days. The class is just trash compared to the others.

    And you must be talking about pve because none of the things you said applies to elementalist pvp lol.

    Never said I'm the best, but I believe I'm better than you.

  • Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer

    Sorry but i dont understand, why so many ppl are voting rev. I said consider all gamemodes an build variants in my original post.

    The pof elite spec of rev is amazing. It has 2 very good builds for pve:
    Condi and healer/support for pve.
    Then herald for pvp and for wvw you could either play power renegade or herald.

    Sure u cant choose between supportskills freely, but still there is a high variance of viable builds.

    Look at necro:
    Core - useless
    Reaper - useless
    Scourge - hardnerfed since pof release. And only playable in viper/ trailblaizer gear in all gamemodes.
    Sure it was supposed to be a support class. But the support it can do got nerfed by nerfing f2 and by adding this kitten 0.5 sec delay in EVERY gamemode even though they yelled something bout splitting.

    The only support it can give is barriers, but thats not nearly enough, so dont waste points in healpower.

    So you guys vote rev with like 5 viable builds, ever touched necro? Guess not elso you would vote necro maybe engi, cause i would love to have a healer build for him

  • Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer

    @Eramonster.2718 said:

    @Lily.1935 said:
    Depends on the game mode. But necromancer has the worst balance problems bar none. And relevant isn't a finished class.

    I feel scourge & reaper (Necros) leans more to wvw & pvp. In pve(dmg wise) they are average. Scourge are basically necros with sand shades instead of shroud but punishment skills is wrecking players(cc and torment), less effective on npcs. Reaper is extremely sticky to get rid, with high sustain w shroud & chill.

    Lol. You vote ranger and say that reaper can be sticky? Sorry, but that tells me that you either have no clue bout pvp matchups, or you are a pretty bad player, or you only play pve, where ranger has 2 viable builds (if you count consi druid its even 3), while necro only has one.

  • Lily.1935Lily.1935 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer

    @Eramonster.2718 said:

    @Lily.1935 said:
    Depends on the game mode. But necromancer has the worst balance problems bar none. And relevant isn't a finished class.

    I feel scourge & reaper (Necros) leans more to wvw & pvp. In pve(dmg wise) they are average. Scourge are basically necros with sand shades instead of shroud but punishment skills is wrecking players(cc and torment), less effective on npcs. Reaper is extremely sticky to get rid, with high sustain w shroud & chill.

    The necromancer bench mark puts necromancer at slightly below average while also providing little utility for the party. Since they about match a phalanx warrior this puts them in a bad spot.

    As for WvW they are generally pretty good due to their natural bulk and loads of deaths around them which makes them powerful in the heat of chaos but far less so in roaming situations.

    But the fact is that necromancer with the exact same skills is almost completely useless in one game mode while being busted in another. This displays just how bad the necromancer is over all since changes that would make them good in pve can't happen under their current design and nerfing them for other game modes makes them even worse for pve. Not only that just a couple of poorly placed nerfs has taken necromancer completely out of the pvp meta before. The necromancer has such fragile balance and is so gimmicky that it can only be unhealthy for the formats or useless. Worst profession is an understatement. The necromancer needs a complete overhaul. 90 to 100% of all of their skills, traits and mechanics need to be changed. It is that poorly designed.

    As for revenant that profession hasn't even been finished. It is a half done profession that lacks diversity in how it plays. It is the most linear profession to play but is balance safe unlike necromancer. These two professions are the absolute bottom in terms of design. No question.

    Your pick? Ranger is actually very solid. It can't do anything but in most game modes it's pretty mid tier as opposed to in pve where it is arguably the absolute best profession. The struggles with ranger design were it's pet but that was a AI problem not a broken mechanic or unfinished profession problem. Range is in a really healthy spot right now. As is mesmer which has always been good. And ranger has always been good too. But people assume it was bad because of bear bow rangers in the past when in truth they were great for the speed running meta back in the day because of their blast finishers and spirits. When the meta changed to be less reliant on stacking the ranger got druid and become the gods of raids. Because they already had amazing party supporting tools and got even more dominating that meta. It's taken a while but people have caught on to how great they are in fractals too. Ranger owns pve right now and all it took was to erase some of that bearbow stigma that plagued them.

  • Eramonster.2718Eramonster.2718 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ranger

    @Nimon.7840 said:

    @Eramonster.2718 said:

    @Lily.1935 said:
    Depends on the game mode. But necromancer has the worst balance problems bar none. And relevant isn't a finished class.

    I feel scourge & reaper (Necros) leans more to wvw & pvp. In pve(dmg wise) they are average. Scourge are basically necros with sand shades instead of shroud but punishment skills is wrecking players(cc and torment), less effective on npcs. Reaper is extremely sticky to get rid, with high sustain w shroud & chill.

    Lol. You vote ranger and say that reaper can be sticky? Sorry, but that tells me that you either have no clue bout pvp matchups, or you are a pretty bad player, or you only play pve, where ranger has 2 viable builds (if you count consi druid its even 3), while necro only has one.

    Don't do PvP, but do WvW. Regardless PvE will still have scourge and druids. Bit skeptical to find any group accepting rangers in WvW. Packed with scourges tho.

  • Lily.1935Lily.1935 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer

    @Echoherb.6528 said:
    Necromancer is far from the worst class, people are just mad they got nerfed in pvp. Rev however needs a major redesign. Interesting concept for a class, but poorly executed.

    Revenant doesn't need a redesign. They need more skills. They are locked into sets and have the fewest weapons. Their design isn't bad just limiting.

    Necromancer does need a complete redesign however. Probably even need to completely scrap the shroud mechanic and rework life force.

  • Lily.1935Lily.1935 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer

    @Eramonster.2718 said:

    @Nimon.7840 said:

    @Eramonster.2718 said:

    @Lily.1935 said:
    Depends on the game mode. But necromancer has the worst balance problems bar none. And relevant isn't a finished class.

    I feel scourge & reaper (Necros) leans more to wvw & pvp. In pve(dmg wise) they are average. Scourge are basically necros with sand shades instead of shroud but punishment skills is wrecking players(cc and torment), less effective on npcs. Reaper is extremely sticky to get rid, with high sustain w shroud & chill.

    Lol. You vote ranger and say that reaper can be sticky? Sorry, but that tells me that you either have no clue bout pvp matchups, or you are a pretty bad player, or you only play pve, where ranger has 2 viable builds (if you count consi druid its even 3), while necro only has one.

    Don't do PvP, but do WvW. Regardless PvE will still have scourge and druids. Bit skeptical to find any group accepting rangers in WvW. Packed with scourges tho.

    Trap roaming rangers is fairly common. They're quite strong but take set up. As are druids which are seen in wvw. Ranges are in a great spot in wvw.

  • Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2018
    Necromancer

    @Eramonster.2718 said:

    @Nimon.7840 said:

    @Eramonster.2718 said:

    @Lily.1935 said:
    Depends on the game mode. But necromancer has the worst balance problems bar none. And relevant isn't a finished class.

    I feel scourge & reaper (Necros) leans more to wvw & pvp. In pve(dmg wise) they are average. Scourge are basically necros with sand shades instead of shroud but punishment skills is wrecking players(cc and torment), less effective on npcs. Reaper is extremely sticky to get rid, with high sustain w shroud & chill.

    Lol. You vote ranger and say that reaper can be sticky? Sorry, but that tells me that you either have no clue bout pvp matchups, or you are a pretty bad player, or you only play pve, where ranger has 2 viable builds (if you count consi druid its even 3), while necro only has one.

    Don't do PvP, but do WvW. Regardless PvE will still have scourge and druids. Bit skeptical to find any group accepting rangers in WvW. Packed with scourges tho.

    Cause its the only gamemode scourge is good in. With exactly 1 viable build

  • Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer

    @Lily.1935 said:

    @Echoherb.6528 said:
    Necromancer is far from the worst class, people are just mad they got nerfed in pvp. Rev however needs a major redesign. Interesting concept for a class, but poorly executed.

    Revenant doesn't need a redesign. They need more skills. They are locked into sets and have the fewest weapons. Their design isn't bad just limiting.

    Necromancer does need a complete redesign however. Probably even need to completely scrap the shroud mechanic and rework life force.

    Well if you look at necro, they have like 4 good weapons, rest is trash. But i agree. Rev needs some more weapons. Maybe 2 more. But thats not going to happen

  • Eramonster.2718Eramonster.2718 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2018
    Ranger

    Seems like its subjective to individual and enviromental in the end. Pros and cons depending on game mode and situations. Ranger is knocked out from WvW with the recent changes. Am enjoying scourge for pve and WvW tho.

  • zinkz.7045zinkz.7045 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2018

    @Lily.1935 said:
    Trap roaming rangers is fairly common. They're quite strong but take set up. As are druids which are seen in wvw. Ranges are in a great spot in wvw.

    No rangers are not in a great spot, for the thing most WvW players do - zergs they are still basically unwanted (go see guard, necro, warrior, rev, etc for classes that are meta for zergs), for guild raids they are am optional niche pick and roaming/small group is the only place they are in a good spot.

  • zinkz.7045zinkz.7045 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2018

    @pah.4931 said:
    I think that's the problem. Because there aren't NEARLY enough PvE/PvP/WvW splits with abilities and damage, it's hard to balance profs across all game modes. So things that could otherwise be strong or good in, say, sPvP, will get over-nerfed because they might be too good in WvW. It's a flawed design philosophy, but not a surprising one. Anet is good at a lot of things, but sound design philosophy is not one of them.

    They don't balance across all three game modes, or rather they don't balance equally, WvW for example gets very few changes and is last in priority, if you look at the history of this game, then for the first 3 years they basically balanced around PvP, then when they added PvE raids they started to balance around that a lot also, WvW basically gets the odd crumb thrown in terms of balance.

    The problem with balance in this game is the whole trait/weapon/skill/rune system is too open for their ever to be good balance across game modes because they can't balance different builds within a class, precisely because the builds share to many traits/skllls/weapons/stat choices, etc.

  • Lily.1935Lily.1935 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer

    @zinkz.7045 said:

    @Lily.1935 said:
    Trap roaming rangers is fairly common. They're quite strong but take set up. As are druids which are seen in wvw. Ranges are in a great spot in wvw.

    No rangers are not in a great spot, for the thing most WvW players do - zergs they are still basically unwanted (go see guard, necro, warrior, rev, etc for classes that are meta for zergs), for guild raids they are am optional niche pick and roaming/small group is the only place they are in a good spot.

    So they are a good choice for roaming and as healers. So like I said. Good spot.

  • zinkz.7045zinkz.7045 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2018

    @Lily.1935 said:

    @zinkz.7045 said:

    @Lily.1935 said:
    Trap roaming rangers is fairly common. They're quite strong but take set up. As are druids which are seen in wvw. Ranges are in a great spot in wvw.

    No rangers are not in a great spot, for the thing most WvW players do - zergs they are still basically unwanted (go see guard, necro, warrior, rev, etc for classes that are meta for zergs), for guild raids they are am optional niche pick and roaming/small group is the only place they are in a good spot.

    So they are a good choice for roaming and as healers. So like I said. Good spot.

    No, only being good for roaming/small group does not equate to rangers being in a "good spot in WvW", the vast majority of players in WvW zerg or guild raid, for which rangers are pretty crappy, roaming is very niche (and these days ranger isn't even top tier at that, go see mirage), and frankly every class can be good in a small group it just requires different group compositions, overall they are one of the worst classes for WvW, and have been the entire game.

  • SnowHawk.3615SnowHawk.3615 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2018
    Revenant

    @Nimon.7840 said:

    @SnowHawk.3615 said:
    Revenant. Glint if the only good thing about the entire class and it's not even that good anymore
    - they cant recover from condi bursts at all unless you go malyx but only briefly - their new elite spec can't even be used in pvp efficiently. Core rev is unplayable and useless in pvp, pve and raids. Glint is the only viable elite spec for them /glint/shiro. and that's been nerfed and they are high risk low reward class, in that if you miss a step in your rotation you have very little leeway to comeback from it. Anet does not know what to do with rev..
    I think revenant looked cooler on paper but when they implemented it, they said oh kitten - buffing this class would make people cry. let's pretty much ignore it while buffing other classes and nerfing some leaving rev forgotten. I know they buffed their SB but it's still not enough to bring it back from near death. The only thing theyre good for is WvW and raids. I feel like they should be good in all aspects of the game.

    Thats exactly the same with necro

    so you can't play core necro and be good? do they have only 1 good build and it's not even recommended in pvp? their new spec is unplayable in pvp and wvw entirely? Don't think so. I still see necros rocking it in high gold and low plat in pvp - reapers and MM's some scourges but not as many these days - which is awesome in the sense on if you had 2 scourges on your team even if they were kitten players - it was auto win for them. which is ridiculous. rev has hardly and condi cleanse vs all this kitten condi wall - which makes them all but obsolete in pvp. Necro has condi cleanse + condi transfer.
    but i don't think the pve nerf to necro was necessary at ALL. it's pve cmon.

  • Revenant

    @Nimon.7840 said:
    Sorry but i dont understand, why so many ppl are voting rev. I said consider all gamemodes an build variants in my original post.

    The pof elite spec of rev is amazing. It has 2 very good builds for pve:
    Condi and healer/support for pve.
    Then herald for pvp and for wvw you could either play power renegade or herald.

    Sure u cant choose between supportskills freely, but still there is a high variance of viable builds.

    Look at necro:
    Core - useless
    Reaper - useless
    Scourge - hardnerfed since pof release. And only playable in viper/ trailblaizer gear in all gamemodes.
    Sure it was supposed to be a support class. But the support it can do got nerfed by nerfing f2 and by adding this kitten 0.5 sec delay in EVERY gamemode even though they yelled something bout splitting.

    The only support it can give is barriers, but thats not nearly enough, so dont waste points in healpower.

    So you guys vote rev with like 5 viable builds, ever touched necro? Guess not elso you would vote necro maybe engi, cause i would love to have a healer build for him

    I've played necro a lot, and I'd sooner play that and every other class over a revenant. Also, useless in what game mode? Raids? What's good there changes a lot, and I've seen plenty of raids take necros just for epidemic. They are great in fractals as well. I can't speak for pvp/wvw, but necro, even with the nerfs is touted everywhere I've seen as one of the best there too, especially scourge.

    Revenant might be good in a few things, but that assumes you like a very static build that has the least flexibility of any profession in the game. your 6-10 skills are in sets, and people take Shiro for literally 1 utility skill, and the traitline for 1 trait. The elite specs are the only thing that make revenant viable anywhere (no one would even consider play just core rev ever), and viable isn't the same as good.

  • Revenant

    In any case, you put out a poll to see what people think. You can't be mad that you didn't get the results you wanted.

  • Revenant

    @bearshaman.3421 said:
    In any case, you put out a poll to see what people think. You can't be mad that you didn't get the results you wanted.

    I believe most players vote rev are telling the truth as they are less bais on the whole pic. Necro after nerf is still a relatively strong class among all game mode.

    Cross

  • DeadlySynz.3471DeadlySynz.3471 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2018
    Necromancer

    @Scar.1793 said:

    @Arkantos.7460 said:

    THE ONLY THING

    on rev sucks is condicleanse
    if you are halfbrained you can do great with rev but the most good ppl who playing rev are gone so still the rest kitten and some veterans left
    if you continueing watching forum and believe all bullllllschit ppl saying about rev you deserve to sck with this class
    maybe try out things for yourself but dont expect to be good after 1 or 2 years, you have to know all other classes as well to outplay them

    I mean no offense but you clearly have no idea about the situation of other classes, you even vote for Elementalists ?? kitten vote Necro or Engi then lol. Elems not only have huge variety of viable builds, they were never seen in the low-tier, during the whole time GW2 went live. It was and always is on top. You talk about condi-cleanse I guess you are focused only in sPvP or WvW.

    Don’t you find it funny that not only Revs have extremely poor skill choices but the new legend that came with PoF is useless both in PvP and PvE? Meanwhile Elementalists get tons of new skills and very good power and condi damage.

    Besides being pigeonholed in condi-mace, Power Rev doesn’t even break 30k dps. We’re sitting at 27k, same as before the “buffs”. There’s a reason why you barely see any Rev these days. The class is just trash compared to the others.

    True, but you only need a few competent revs to completely nullify an entire damage type (condition) in WvW. I'd say that's pretty ridiculously OP.

    What other class has the ability to either nullify condition or physical damage for the duration of an entire fight? Rev's have their place, it obviously isn't for Dps, but what they make up for in screwing over condition classes completely, totally makes up for their lack of dps, and then some and far beyond that. No other class in the game has the ability to do what they do.

    I'd be completely in favor of upping the Rev's dps at the cost of removing that resistance buff which never should have existed to begin with.

  • Eramonster.2718Eramonster.2718 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ranger

    @Lily.1935 said:

    @zinkz.7045 said:

    @Lily.1935 said:
    Trap roaming rangers is fairly common. They're quite strong but take set up. As are druids which are seen in wvw. Ranges are in a great spot in wvw.

    No rangers are not in a great spot, for the thing most WvW players do - zergs they are still basically unwanted (go see guard, necro, warrior, rev, etc for classes that are meta for zergs), for guild raids they are am optional niche pick and roaming/small group is the only place they are in a good spot.

    So they are a good choice for roaming and as healers. So like I said. Good spot.

    Don't think so, or at least not anymore? The latest patch made it worse in WvW. Still acceptable in small group but will be the weakess, often targeted for being easy to be removed. All the condi variant is not as efficient(bonfire nerf, daggers & sb etc). Power build is not any better. Druids, it might be just me its a lackluster as a WvW sp? If the combat last long enough till celestial avantar is on downtime....spamming staff dmg is...be useful.

  • Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Revenant
    • Revenant for certain.
    • Core engi definitely needs some work, and scrapper could use more buffs, but I don't think engineer is in as bad shape as revenant.
    • Core necro seems... ok, reaper needs some buffs, scourge is fine.
    • Core ele and tempest need some buffs for PvP/WvW. Weaver is almost right, just needs some tweaking.

    The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

  • Lily.1935Lily.1935 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer

    @Vagrant.7206 said:

    • Revenant for certain.
    • Core engi definitely needs some work, and scrapper could use more buffs, but I don't think engineer is in as bad shape as revenant.
    • Core necro seems... ok, reaper needs some buffs, scourge is fine.
    • Core ele and tempest need some buffs for PvP/WvW. Weaver is almost right, just needs some tweaking.

    Core necromancer has no support, half the damage of reaper, about a third the damage of scourge, its suitability is fine, but for the most part core necromancer is extremely bad and you should under no circumstance run it. Unless you are leveling.

    Reaper is way under tuned.

    Scourge is physically unpleasant to play after the patch.

    Necromancer over all causes massive balance problems in that one nerf sends it into the bin of uselessness. Which has been shown repeatedly in its time in the meta. This patch might prove that the pattern doesn't hold because scourge is just that much better than core necromancer, but history of the class has always been a problem in the game. As such this makes it the worst.

    Revenant needs more skills. They don't need their mechanic completely reworked and all of their skills and traits completely reworked. They just need more of them.

  • otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2018
    Necromancer

    This surely is a close call between rev and and necro. I would say necro is currently the worst. After scourge nerf, it still effective, but on the lower edge of being meta. Repeat is somewhat okay, but barely viable. Then nothing. In PvE necro it is the worst.

    Rev surely comes in second, but power herald build is in a good position in spvp. Renegade has solid spot in raids. Raids aside, renegade is garbage. It is nothing more that the already pre existing PoF meta build, but with a damage multiplyer. And rev has serious lack of builds issue.

  • Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Revenant

    @Lily.1935 said:

    @Vagrant.7206 said:

    • Revenant for certain.
    • Core engi definitely needs some work, and scrapper could use more buffs, but I don't think engineer is in as bad shape as revenant.
    • Core necro seems... ok, reaper needs some buffs, scourge is fine.
    • Core ele and tempest need some buffs for PvP/WvW. Weaver is almost right, just needs some tweaking.

    Core necromancer has no support, half the damage of reaper, about a third the damage of scourge, its suitability is fine, but for the most part core necromancer is extremely bad and you should under no circumstance run it. Unless you are leveling.

    Reaper is way under tuned.

    Scourge is physically unpleasant to play after the patch.

    Necromancer over all causes massive balance problems in that one nerf sends it into the bin of uselessness. Which has been shown repeatedly in its time in the meta. This patch might prove that the pattern doesn't hold because scourge is just that much better than core necromancer, but history of the class has always been a problem in the game. As such this makes it the worst.

    Revenant needs more skills. They don't need their mechanic completely reworked and all of their skills and traits completely reworked. They just need more of them.

    I can't speak to core necro, as I don't generally see it. The few times I have recently have been MM builds. Scourge still has plenty of play all-around still, and lots of potential in all game modes. Reaper is undertuned, to be certain, but it's not too far from where it needs to be. A few slight damage buffs to underperforming skills should bring it to where it belongs.

    I also get the feeling that necro's don't seem to realize how good they've got it. They don't have to do ridiculous rotations like a condi engi to get subpar DPS. If they got the engi treatment, you can bet people might actually care.

    The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

  • Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer

    @Vagrant.7206 said:

    @Lily.1935 said:

    @Vagrant.7206 said:

    • Revenant for certain.
    • Core engi definitely needs some work, and scrapper could use more buffs, but I don't think engineer is in as bad shape as revenant.
    • Core necro seems... ok, reaper needs some buffs, scourge is fine.
    • Core ele and tempest need some buffs for PvP/WvW. Weaver is almost right, just needs some tweaking.

    Core necromancer has no support, half the damage of reaper, about a third the damage of scourge, its suitability is fine, but for the most part core necromancer is extremely bad and you should under no circumstance run it. Unless you are leveling.

    Reaper is way under tuned.

    Scourge is physically unpleasant to play after the patch.

    Necromancer over all causes massive balance problems in that one nerf sends it into the bin of uselessness. Which has been shown repeatedly in its time in the meta. This patch might prove that the pattern doesn't hold because scourge is just that much better than core necromancer, but history of the class has always been a problem in the game. As such this makes it the worst.

    Revenant needs more skills. They don't need their mechanic completely reworked and all of their skills and traits completely reworked. They just need more of them.

    I can't speak to core necro, as I don't generally see it. The few times I have recently have been MM builds. Scourge still has plenty of play all-around still, and lots of potential in all game modes. Reaper is undertuned, to be certain, but it's not too far from where it needs to be. A few slight damage buffs to underperforming skills should bring it to where it belongs.

    I also get the feeling that necro's don't seem to realize how good they've got it. They don't have to do ridiculous rotations like a condi engi to get subpar DPS. If they got the engi treatment, you can bet people might actually care.

    @Vagrant.7206 said:

    @Lily.1935 said:

    @Vagrant.7206 said:

    • Revenant for certain.
    • Core engi definitely needs some work, and scrapper could use more buffs, but I don't think engineer is in as bad shape as revenant.
    • Core necro seems... ok, reaper needs some buffs, scourge is fine.
    • Core ele and tempest need some buffs for PvP/WvW. Weaver is almost right, just needs some tweaking.

    Core necromancer has no support, half the damage of reaper, about a third the damage of scourge, its suitability is fine, but for the most part core necromancer is extremely bad and you should under no circumstance run it. Unless you are leveling.

    Reaper is way under tuned.

    Scourge is physically unpleasant to play after the patch.

    Necromancer over all causes massive balance problems in that one nerf sends it into the bin of uselessness. Which has been shown repeatedly in its time in the meta. This patch might prove that the pattern doesn't hold because scourge is just that much better than core necromancer, but history of the class has always been a problem in the game. As such this makes it the worst.

    Revenant needs more skills. They don't need their mechanic completely reworked and all of their skills and traits completely reworked. They just need more of them.

    I can't speak to core necro, as I don't generally see it. The few times I have recently have been MM builds. Scourge still has plenty of play all-around still, and lots of potential in all game modes. Reaper is undertuned, to be certain, but it's not too far from where it needs to be. A few slight damage buffs to underperforming skills should bring it to where it belongs.

    I also get the feeling that necro's don't seem to realize how good they've got it. They don't have to do ridiculous rotations like a condi engi to get subpar DPS. If they got the engi treatment, you can bet people might actually care.

    Well. Seems to me revs dont seem to realize how good theyve got it either.
    Cause i think rev right now is in an pretty good spot.
    1(maybe 2) viable builds for pvp, 2 for wvw and 2 for pve
    Seems quite strong. Sure core isnt a thing. But at least you can play both especs.
    While necro has exactly one viable build over all gamemodes.

    You know why core necro isnt played? Because its super bad.
    You know why reaper isnt played? Because its not good in groups. Condi and power both suck amd has almost up to zero survivability or if you take all the survivability, you have zero dmg, and still will be outhealed by everyone.

    And yes, we dont have to do ridiculous rotations. But we have to watch pretty carefully to not interrupt any of our skills, cause that will result in like 5k dps loss, which will put you on the end of the dps table

    You know why scourge is played? Well it has same dmg as reaper, but it can at least do that over range

  • Necromancer

    I voted for necromancer myself, for a couple of reasons. After hours of testing, I have come to the conclusion that I just plain hate the scourge. It has a lot of balls that you need to juggle in order to do maximum DPS, and even when you successfully juggle them you're doing barely anything. In PVE the only reason the class sees play is because of epidemic and corrosive poison cloud. Reaper just feels awkward now, does inconsistent damage, and the power build has mediocre burst and that is it.

    After playing around with all of the new specializations, I've come to hate the weaver, mirage, and the scourge, and it's all for the same reason: in order to do serviceable damage on them, you need to keep track of 3 or 4 simultaneous actions, and if you don't keep track of these your DPS tanks. I'm old, I'm shaky, I'm nearly blind, and I live across the state from where the servers are, so having to juggle shade placement, shade cooldowns, desert shroud, weapon swap, and regular weapon cooldowns alongside of whatever the enemy does is just too much. Now, I can forgive the mirage and the weaver to an extent, because even if I can't do the max DPS rotation I can still do serviceable damage. But the scourge? I might as well swap to thief and spam backstab, because it'll do more damage for 1/5th the effort.

    I am a bit surprised that Rev is voted so low, though. The Rev is the closest thing I have to a main, and I like the class a lot. The toolbox is unique enough to let me fill several niche roles, the class isn't high maintenance, and there are several viable builds which all do different things. I don't PVP myself, but I've found the rev to be incredibly useful in PVE and WvW. Even if it isn't the best in slot, the utilities allow me to mold into whatever role is needed.

    "Self awareness is knowing when you're sitting at the throne of ignorance." --Leo G.

  • Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer

    @Crossaber.8934 said:
    There are far more votes for Rev than Necro, and Rev as i recall was one of the least player MAIN class in the forum poll.

    I don't think only Rev players vote for thier class but there are far more player that do not MAIN a Rev vote for him. On the other hand, Necro was one of the most player MAIN class of all, looks like most Necro vote are actually the Necro MAIN after all. I believe the majority player are more clear on the whole picture.

    Core Necro, might need some buff on damage side.
    Reaper, need some slight buff, or just reduce the life force degen a little bit and they will be great.
    Scourge, still on the strong side in pve, slightly OP in pvp and wvw, it is okay for now or need some slight nerf, especially if core necro got buff on damage side, definitely need some nerf as trade off.

    I see you never ever played necro these days. Else you would have another opinion i guess.

    And for pve the only reason for taking a scourge is epidemic. Cause its kitten weak.

    Yes i main necro, but i also played rev a lot these days, cause necro isnt fun anymore.
    The support aspect got a huge hit, and dmg as wall, even playstyle.
    Cause we now have a 500ms lagg when using shade abilities.
    In 1v1 scenarios, u wont hit anything with that. If you want to use f2-5 you need to predict what enemy predicts you to do and then predict the enemys action, of your predicted prediction.

    O gosh. Thats pretty bad.

    I myself think that rev sure could use some buffs or changes, but as it is right now, its
    1. Much more enjoyable to play than necro, because no laggs
    2. Rewards energy managment, that most players dont have, and then say its bad design/class
    3. Has good variation of builds

  • Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Revenant

    @Nimon.7840 said:
    You know why scourge is played? Well it has same dmg as reaper, but it can at least do that over range

    That actually tells me that reaper is in a better place than I thought. Scourge ranks pretty consistently high on the DPS in fractals and raids.

    The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

  • Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer

    @Vagrant.7206 said:

    @Nimon.7840 said:
    You know why scourge is played? Well it has same dmg as reaper, but it can at least do that over range

    That actually tells me that reaper is in a better place than I thought. Scourge ranks pretty consistently high on the DPS in fractals and raids.

    Only with perfect circumstances which u will never have in groupplay. Srry to disappoint you. Its just bad.
    Same as scourge

  • Revenant

    @Crossaber.8934 said:
    There are far more votes for Rev than Necro, and Rev as i recall was one of the least player MAIN class in the forum poll.

    I don't think only Rev players vote for thier class but there are far more player that do not MAIN a Rev vote for him. On the other hand, Necro was one of the most player MAIN class of all, looks like most Necro vote are actually the Necro MAIN after all. I believe the majority player are more clear on the whole picture.

    Core Necro, might need some buff on damage side.
    Reaper, need some slight buff, or just reduce the life force degen a little bit and they will be great.
    Scourge, still on the strong side in pve, slightly OP in pvp and wvw, it is okay for now or need some slight nerf, especially if core necro got buff on damage side, definitely need some nerf as trade off.

    I can play every class in the game EXCEPT revenant. I have tried, but I can't do it. It's just terrible... I can play any other class with no real problems.

  • Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Revenant

    @Nimon.7840 said:

    @Vagrant.7206 said:

    @Nimon.7840 said:
    You know why scourge is played? Well it has same dmg as reaper, but it can at least do that over range

    That actually tells me that reaper is in a better place than I thought. Scourge ranks pretty consistently high on the DPS in fractals and raids.

    Only with perfect circumstances which u will never have in groupplay. Srry to disappoint you. Its just bad.
    Same as scourge

    I just said that they tend to score pretty high in real runs I've had.

    The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

  • Zedek.8932Zedek.8932 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 15, 2018

    I wonder why people play professions that are terrible to them.
    Not talking about professions that have been changed recently, I am talking about Revenant.
    I read: "Boring, no customization, primitive gameplay" and such, but why do you play it then? Don't get me wrong, I know to stick with your personal favourite even though it sucks for some time or is below-average, but the majority of the players do not have such principles and the other ones seem to pick the FOTM Trololol DMG profession they can get.

    Isn't Revenant like this for quite a while now? And still they keep playing that? That's like driving a certain car and even purchase another car from the same manufacturer despite you know and knew how bad it is to you.

    I ditched Engineer because Scrapper looked terrible as heck, but you did not hear me complain about it.

    Excelsior.

    Excelsior, my name is Zedexx; Asuran Deadeye and assassin.
    The Hunter / 2x Darksteel Pistols / 2x Whisper's Secret Daggers and my Springer. That's all I need and trust.
    "We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!"

  • Kako.1930Kako.1930 Member ✭✭✭

    @Zedek.8932 said:
    I wonder why people play professions that are terrible to them.
    Not talking about professions that have been changed recently, I am talking about Revenant.
    I read: "Boring, no customization, primitive gameplay" and such, but why do you play it then? Don't get me wrong, I know to stick with your personal favourite even though it sucks for some time or is below-average, but the majority of the players do not have such principles and the other ones seem to pick the FOTM Trololol DMG profession they can get.

    Isn't Revenant like this for quite a while now? And still they keep playing that? That's like driving a certain car and even purchase another car from the same manufacturer despite you know and knew how bad it is to you.

    I ditched Engineer because Scrapper looked terrible as heck, but you did not hear me complain about it.

    Excelsior.

    I think most of the people saying rev is the worst don't play rev. They may have at one point, idk. I know rev isn't my main but it is the worst in my opinion, but that's just an opinion lol.

  • Revenant

    @Zedek.8932 said:
    I wonder why people play professions that are terrible to them.
    Not talking about professions that have been changed recently, I am talking about Revenant.
    I read: "Boring, no customization, primitive gameplay" and such, but why do you play it then? Don't get me wrong, I know to stick with your personal favourite even though it sucks for some time or is below-average, but the majority of the players do not have such principles and the other ones seem to pick the FOTM Trololol DMG profession they can get.

    Isn't Revenant like this for quite a while now? And still they keep playing that? That's like driving a certain car and even purchase another car from the same manufacturer despite you know and knew how bad it is to you.

    I ditched Engineer because Scrapper looked terrible as heck, but you did not hear me complain about it.

    Excelsior.

    I tried a few times to play it, but I end up hating it and deleting the character. I keep trying it again to see if maybe some of the patches have made it better, but I think my issue with it is on a fundamental level... I doubt I'll try again unless they really REALLY change the base elements of the class.

  • Revenant

    @Zedek.8932 said:
    I wonder why people play professions that are terrible to them.

    People don't, hence rev is one of the least popular class in the game, competing with engineer. Necromancer on the other hand is reasonably popular.

  • Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer

    @nedlee.5943 said:

    @Zedek.8932 said:
    I wonder why people play professions that are terrible to them.

    People don't, hence rev is one of the least popular class in the game, competing with engineer. Necromancer on the other hand is reasonably popular.

    This poll wasnt about popularity...

    It was about viability. And there rev is definetly in a much better spot than necro

  • DeceiverX.8361DeceiverX.8361 Member ✭✭✭✭

    You need to break this poll up by game mode and by specialization for it to be useful in any capacity.

    The strongest specs in the PvP formats are the weakest ones in the PvE ones and vice versa. There is no universally-weak class, but there are massively under-performing specializations in various modes.

    You sure that Sniper idea is as good as you thought it was gonna be?
    Because I think my original idea is better.
    Quit/Inactive. No, you can't have my stuff.

  • Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer

    @DeceiverX.8361 said:
    You need to break this poll up by game mode and by specialization for it to be useful in any capacity.

    The strongest specs in the PvP formats are the weakest ones in the PvE ones and vice versa. There is no universally-weak class, but there are massively under-performing specializations in various modes.

    Yeah maybe. Cause i think most people are just voting and not reading my description

  • Mesmer

    SPVP/WVW : I voted mesmer because power mesmer is more or less like FA ele high burst on high cooldown need cc to be effective .
    the condi mesmer is dead at least every weapon(scepter/sword) and skill(chatter skill's) and trait that uses confusion.
    dead build's : The interrupt condi mesmer & Shatter condi mesmer .
    PVE :he is still out there in term of support and damage ,the axe mirage back from the dead after changing confusion to torment.

    S A R À B

  • DeceiverX.8361DeceiverX.8361 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Nimon.7840 said:

    @DeceiverX.8361 said:
    You need to break this poll up by game mode and by specialization for it to be useful in any capacity.

    The strongest specs in the PvP formats are the weakest ones in the PvE ones and vice versa. There is no universally-weak class, but there are massively under-performing specializations in various modes.

    Yeah maybe. Cause i think most people are just voting and not reading my description

    Not even; it just defeats the purpose of the poll since it's just used to visualize data which as mentioned lacks a lot of integrity given the differences between the formats causing vastly different votes.

    You sure that Sniper idea is as good as you thought it was gonna be?
    Because I think my original idea is better.
    Quit/Inactive. No, you can't have my stuff.

  • Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer

    @DeceiverX.8361 said:

    @Nimon.7840 said:

    @DeceiverX.8361 said:
    You need to break this poll up by game mode and by specialization for it to be useful in any capacity.

    The strongest specs in the PvP formats are the weakest ones in the PvE ones and vice versa. There is no universally-weak class, but there are massively under-performing specializations in various modes.

    Yeah maybe. Cause i think most people are just voting and not reading my description

    Not even; it just defeats the purpose of the poll since it's just used to visualize data which as mentioned lacks a lot of integrity given the differences between the formats causing vastly different votes.

    Yeah. I think most of the people voting here, are specialised on one ganemode. And not playing 2 or all 3.

  • Echoherb.6528Echoherb.6528 Member ✭✭✭
    Revenant

    The results are probably biased towards pvp and end game raiding content, since most people who post on the forums play that content. The overwhelming majority of players most likely do solo pve and storyline stuff, with some WvW and dungeons on the side and don't visit or post on the forums. That would explain why necro is so high, they've been nerfed in pvp and aren't the best in end game pve at the moment, but excel in open world pve. Also don't tell me open world pve and storyline stuff is easy and it doesn't matter what you play, because it does matter. Some classes do much better than others in that content.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.