"Obstructed" is getting really infuriating.

WiDulyv.jpg

There's clearly nothing in the way of my shot. This happens ALL the time on perfectly level ground, too. I know it's hardly an easy fix, but can the Obstructed system in general get looked at at some point so that this can stop happening? It's especially frustrating when I try to shoot an enemy player that's close enough for Gazelle-Soulbeast's Kick to lose the out-of-range red bar. HOW IN THE WORLD is THAT Obstructed?

Been reporting this bug in WvW plenty of times. Every supply camp in WvW have this invisible wall bug. And just recently I found out friendly supply dolyaks can "absorb" friendly projectiles to the extend of preventing projectiles from penetrating. Was trying to defend a friendly supply dolyak, but the enemy is kept safe inside its hitbox...as if the ally dolyak shield is working against me.

Idk, I thought it was a feature to have mantra's, scepter attacks, shade skills, projectiles, and I'm sure I'm skipping some like renegade utilities no pathing, attacks saying obstructed for little to no reason all the time. And then some other things can be hit where shouldn't be able to. Like scourge torch 5, skills with an arc, coalescence and other skills going through walls/gates. and on and on :/

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update, it appears to be some sort of "stealth" target-able. When my smoke scale was using Smoke Assault, it jumped around hitting what seems to be target-able (obstruction spots) as if something is there, just invisible. Not sure if Revenant's sword skill Unrelenting Assault will behave the same manner.

• 1 year later...

Yowza, this thread was from a long time ago. XD But, Obstructed is certainly still a problem.Dolyaks may be part of it, but definitely not the only part. I get Obstructed all the time when going for my first shot on a camp. Unless, perhaps, the corpse-obstacle lasts for an exceptionally long time? It could be that enemies killed 20 minutes prior are blocking shots, I suppose.

• 1 year later...

I hate to necropost, but this is still an issue after so many years, and rather than create yet another thread about it, thought to bring it back up there. The worst part of this glitch is it's so commonly known that some players in WvW will exploit it and functionally become immune to ranged attacks. I'm hoping this is fixed someday because it is very frustrating as a Ranger.