Lake Doric - Living World Season 3 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Lake Doric - Living World Season 3

Axilor.8357Axilor.8357 Member ✭✭
edited February 15, 2019 in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

The meta boss Centaur Hoof is bugged and wont SPAWN Been in Lake Doric 3 days now and NOTHING Ive waited more then 2 hours for resets and spawning times and he hasn't come up ! Pls help ANET this needs to be fixed I cant finish my Aurora without it and I don't want to wait for this to be fixed much longer

Tagged:

Comments

• Its also not the only event not working somebody pls give me some info

• Actually, the event that is bugged is the "Clear out the remaining White Mantle forces around Noran's Homestead."

It froze at "White Mantle Forces remaining: 0" and it don't finish the group event.

Hope we have a fix as soon as possible, currently working on Aurora and need the "Defend Noran's Homestead from White Mantle bombardment" event for "Holding Back the Tide" achievement. :hushed:

• Plautze.6290Plautze.6290 Member ✭✭✭

BTW, does the bandit ghost event trigger at the sawmill? The stolen wood thingy was the last on my Cin business list for ages.

Rohan Blackraven | Allister Mortis | Kareem Aqbar | Mindblower Torxx

• @Plautze.6290 said:
    BTW, does the bandit ghost event trigger at the sawmill? The stolen wood thingy was the last on my Cin business list for ages.

I think this event does not trigger at the sawmill due to "not finishing" the clear event...
    I was parked yesterday for almost 2 hours waiting for other events to spawn and nothing! :/

@minaghost.9873 said:

@Plautze.6290 said:

I think this event does not trigger at the sawmill due to "not finishing" the clear event...
    I was parked yesterday for almost 2 hours waiting for other events to spawn and nothing! :/

Thanks for the update, buddy! Been through the same, instead the clear event DID finish, but then the bandit ghost event did not start
    :o FoooOOO, so saAAAAad!

• @minaghost.9873 said:
    Actually, the event that is bugged is the "Clear out the remaining White Mantle forces around Noran's Homestead."

It froze at "White Mantle Forces remaining: 0" and it don't finish the group event.

Hope we have a fix as soon as possible, currently working on Aurora and need the "Defend Noran's Homestead from White Mantle bombardment" event for "Holding Back the Tide" achievement. :hushed:

yes that's totally it man ! I hope they see this or it gets into being looked at to be fixed and get it up and going for everyone seems like I'm not this only one stuck with this issue

• If nothing else, all events will reset at the next patch. Be sure to join the appropriate map then.
    You can also try guesting to another server, or try joining someone in a different map instance.

Good luck.

• Kale.9562Kale.9562 Member
    edited February 17, 2018

This "Clear out the remaining White Mantle forces around Noran's Homestead." bug is very frustrating.
    It is blocking multiple achievements and mastery points.

• its been days and this is STILL an issue!!! cant make any progress for Aurora :( seems like and instance reset should fix it. but nothing is happening...

• @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    If nothing else, all events will reset at the next patch. Be sure to join the appropriate map then.
    You can also try guesting to another server, or try joining someone in a different map instance.

Good luck.

Already tried guesting on another server but it didn't solved the bug for me... I just have to say that it was a very low populated moment... perhaps doing this when multi stances are available should do the trick!

• It's 2/17/18 at 9AM EST. I've been up all night waiting for this to fix, and still nothing. A lot of us chasing Aurora are stalled and we would like some update on the progress of the fix please...

• Axilor.8357Axilor.8357 Member ✭✭
    edited February 18, 2018

I just think its rude for the amount of time/money/patience we all put into this game and kitten like this doesn't get noticed/fixed is just unreal and frustrating not only for myself but others as well. We shouldn't have to wait for a next patch or anything these events should be up and running a full 24/7 so we all enjoy the game to its full potential and it don't have to resort into doing anything like this. We still don't have an update or anything about this current issue... Just Ridiculous.

• I just hope it gets fixed on the next update :/

Please dev team, help us!!!

• @Axilor.8357 said:
    I just think its rude for the amount of time/money/patience we all put into this game and kitten like this doesn't get noticed/fixed is just unreal and frustrating not only for myself but others as well. We shouldn't have to wait for a next patch or anything these events should be up and running a full 24/7 so we all enjoy the game to its full potential and it don't have to resort into doing anything like this. We still don't have an update or anything about this current issue... Just Ridiculous.

Well said, some refund for the time/money/patience would be in place.

• @Kale.9562 said:
    This "Clear out the remaining White Mantle forces around Noran's Homestead." bug is very frustrating.
    It is blocking multiple achievements and mastery points.

I've just encountered this myself, as I was planning to complete the two ghost achievements which do not spawn while this event remains in an "active" state.

• YES i made a similar post. Pls anet

• @Plautze.6290 said:

I have just seen some bandit spirits near the lumberyard.
    But I am sure they weren't there yesterday.

• Please ANET fix this. I need to move on with my aurora. This is the last piece I need. its very frustrating when you spend all day colleting items only to be held up on one fight. I have reported the bug and have waited.

• Taelac.7036Taelac.7036 Member ✭✭✭

As @Inculpatus cedo.9234 says, the bugged copy/copies of the map will reset at the next patch. Until then, all you can do is try to force yourself onto a different copy of the map. To find out which copy you're on, type /ip in the chat window and make note of the number. Then try the following things:

• Guest to a different server. It may help to move to Divinity's Reach before heading to the character select screen to choose your guest location, then go back to Lake Doric afterward, in case the ip is a bit "sticky" in the sort. Check the /ip again to see if you have managed to find a new copy.
    • Check the LFG for groups doing events in the map. Join one (especially good if they're advertising the event you need)--if you have to right click on the group and select "Join in Lake Doric" you will be guaranteed to be on a new copy.
    • Put up your own LFG with "Looking for map with working (event)" or "Requesting taxi away from (your current ip) due to stalled event."
    • Move your character to a different map altogether and wait until the daily reset before trying to return. There is often a population spike around reset that causes new copies to open.
    • Ask guildmates to help you get onto a different copy of the map by having them go to the map, check that they're on a different /ip, and _then _party up with them to switch. If you party up first, you just increase the odds that they'll end up sorted into your broken copy of the map.
    • Ask in Lion's Arch or Divinity's Reach /map chat for the same kind of help if you're not in a guild.
    • Ask in the Players Helping Players subforum for assistance, being sure to note whether you're on NA or EU, and what time zone/time of day you usually play.

And if all those fail, go to the map as soon as possible after the next patch, before the events have a chance to become stalled again. Sometimes events get stuck, and older maps often only have a few copies going at a time, so it's easy to keep getting sorted into the same broken one. Stalling is usually more a function of there being fully one hundred bazillion and sixty-eight lines of code and how long a given copy of the map has been open than anything actually being truly broken, so changing maps nearly always resolves the issue.

Good luck, have fun.

@Jeordy.2509 said:

@Plautze.6290 said:

I have just seen some bandit spirits near the lumberyard.
    But I am sure they weren't there yesterday.

Whoa, thanks for the update!

• trying to go to a different map is not really doing anything its a lot harder then you think. not to mention I've been trying the concept for a few days. Please stop telling people to go to another map.

• Like whats the point of even posting forums if we get no feed back from ANET to find out whats going on with this...

• This is unreal, I wasted days and a number of hrs waiting for the event that I need and the kitten thing is still bugged. Why is Anet not taking care of this issue? Why should we have to wait on a patch, that could be more days. I thought this section was to report bugs and try and help them fix the game.

• @Alia.4207 said:
    This is unreal, I wasted days and a number of hrs waiting for the event that I need and the kitten thing is still bugged. Why is Anet not taking care of this issue? Why should we have to wait on a patch, that could be more days. I thought this section was to report bugs and try and help them fix the game.

agreed this is just sad

• Unfortunately, I'm not able to play when the game gets it usual Tuesday patches. Unless the map resets after the the smaller fixes which usually follow? Overall, I hoping this gets updated when the next LS Episode releases. If not then it's off to another map until it gets fixed. Thanks for the tips though Taelac.7036.

• Bump still bugged

• Taelac.7036Taelac.7036 Member ✭✭✭

@Nidarrock.5692 said:
    Unfortunately, I'm not able to play when the game gets it usual Tuesday patches. Unless the map resets after the the smaller fixes which usually follow? Overall, I hoping this gets updated when the next LS Episode releases. If not then it's off to another map until it gets fixed. Thanks for the tips though Taelac.7036.

I'm reasonably sure that any time there's a patch, you'll get sorted into a new map, since if you are in a party with someone who hasn't downloaded the most recent patch, you won't be able to join each other in the same copy of the map until the other person patches. It's not strictly necessary to get into the map right away after a patch, it just increases your odds of the event working--most of the stalls happen after a period of time and several successful runs of the event, so the earlier you try after a patch, the better the chance it will still be working.

Good luck, have fun.

• bump still bugged

• please fix this issue! this is the absolute last thing I need for my aurora! I've just finished farming for all of the other gifts x.x

• It's 2/25/18 and this issue is still bugged. If I wait much longer, I am moving on to another game. I can't believe no developer even took the time to post, "working on this issue".....did everyone in tech support at Anet get fired? I can't imagine a good excuse for this. But I do know that I've encountered dozens of folks on the map complaining about this, and if it goes too much longer, people will start "voting with their feet".... Anet, get this done!

• GreyWolf.8670GreyWolf.8670 Member ✭✭✭

Did you open a ticket about it while you're standing in the bugged map?

• @GreyWolf.8670 said:
    Did you open a ticket about it while you're standing in the bugged map?

i myself have submitted 4 tickets over the course of this week. I know one other person who has submitted 3. Im guessing its a common occurrence for everyone in here to already have tried this route.

• Kitsune.9703Kitsune.9703 Member
    edited February 26, 2018

Its now been two weeks since it happened. still nothing. i really don't want to walk away from gw2 after so much time was invested trying to make my legendary :( seriously a game breaking bug.

• Celsith.2753Celsith.2753 Member ✭✭✭

This event is still bugged. It's the only thing I have left for my gift of valor. Very frustrating.

885k+ WvW kills
    Diamond No Life
    [HUNT] Predatory Instinct

• @Dara Potocska.8196 said:
    Good day,

I apologize for the silence up till this point. We are investigating this issue but it may be a bit longer before we have a fix.

Getting lost in Lord Faren's eyes again huh? :lol:

#nornmodeisbestmode

• @Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

@Dara Potocska.8196 said:
    Good day,

I apologize for the silence up till this point. We are investigating this issue but it may be a bit longer before we have a fix.

Getting lost in Lord Faren's eyes again huh? :lol:

Who wouldn't~ ::dreamy::

QA Embed
    Punmaster
    Lord Faren Fanclub Member

• Thanks for the reset. I'll keep those notes in mind if I see the map lock-up.

• Also a general tip for these cases: have any of you facing it reported it through the in-game tool? Or only through here and support ticket? It's just that by using that tool you won't get any feedback but the report will go straightly to devs with even further details that we couldn't provide through other ways. Just a reminder in case anyone didn't know or think about it.

• I'm sorry to resurrect this thread, but I thought it was better to add to this one than to start a new thread about an existing issue.

This bug is back and is blocking achievement progress in Lake Doric. I'm not sure if it was ever really fixed, but it is most certainly not fixed right now. The only Lake Doric map available, due to low population on older maps, is stuck at this 0 White Mantle Remaining stage. A number of people have already sent in reports in-game. This means that Immelhoof is not spawning along with several other events. The achievements Cin Business and Friend of the Forest cannot be completed, along with other content, like Aurora.

• SAme map bugged 2 days. in 2 day its a year bug didnt pateched > @LeelooMultipass.9742 said:

I'm sorry to resurrect this thread, but I thought it was better to add to this one than to start a new thread about an existing issue.

This bug is back and is blocking achievement progress in Lake Doric. I'm not sure if it was ever really fixed, but it is most certainly not fixed right now. The only Lake Doric map available, due to low population on older maps, is stuck at this 0 White Mantle Remaining stage. A number of people have already sent in reports in-game. This means that Immelhoof is not spawning along with several other events. The achievements Cin Business and Friend of the Forest cannot be completed, along with other content, like Aurora.

+1

• I have been affected by this bug for the past week. I have been trying to get into new map instances unsuccessfully. The whole chain of events are broken and it is stopping my progression on Aurora. Everyone on the maps is constantly talking about the bugs and how they are stopping their progress. A lot of people need these achievements and apparently the only time to get them is to do the events the first time they happen after a reset before the bugged event gets stalled. Unfortunately not a lot of people go to Lake Doric in the days I have been waiting around there so there is never a chance for a new instance of the map to be created.

• If we could have someone from anet pop up to says they took notice and are working on it, that'd be great. I only need to defeat Immelhoof to finish cin's business and open the aurora achievements. At least I can still get a druid stone a day so it doesn't stop me dead in my tracks but still.

• Hey everyone,

I wanted to follow up and let you know that a fix for this issue went out in yesterday's (March 5th) build. Tracking a repro for this issue proved to be challenging, but the event should complete and Immelhoof should appear as intended now.

Kirk Williford
    Game Designer

• Naxos.2503Naxos.2503 Member ✭✭✭

@Kirk Williford.2653 said:
    Hey everyone,

I wanted to follow up and let you know that a fix for this issue went out in yesterday's (March 5th) build. Tracking a repro for this issue proved to be challenging, but the event should complete and Immelhoof should appear as intended now.

Thanks for the update ! I've been wanting more leather for the guild hall, it'll be a good opportunity to check if the fix has taken hold

• Daccura.4769Daccura.4769 Member ✭✭
    edited March 23, 2019

23rd March and this bug is still there. Can't finish aurora. Map switching doesn't work since there is so low population that the current "broken" map does not get near full so you end up on the same map over and over

Bump.

• 25th of March and can confirm, that event "Clear out remaining White Mantle forces around Noran's Homestead" is stuck at 0.

• Skotlex.7580Skotlex.7580 Member ✭✭✭

Fortunately tomorrow is patch day, so you'll get a chance at these events. Until it bugs out again.

Seriously ANet should consider having map instances autoclose after ~24 hours (the technology is there: just create a new instance and tag the current one for closure if it's been active more than 24 hours, give players the same option dialog to jump to the new instance).

This would be futureproof to help diminish the impact of stalled events, and I can't quite think of how it'd affect player experience negatively.

• Katastroff.1045Katastroff.1045 Member ✭✭✭

@Skotlex.7580 said:
    Fortunately tomorrow is patch day, so you'll get a chance at these events. Until it bugs out again.

Seriously ANet should consider having map instances autoclose after ~24 hours (the technology is there: just create a new instance and tag the current one for closure if it's been active more than 24 hours, give players the same option dialog to jump to the new instance).

This would be futureproof to help diminish the impact of stalled events, and I can't quite think of how it'd affect player experience negatively.

I asked for something similar at least twice, a weekly server reset, so far, Anet as not even replied. Your idea sound even better maybe you should make a separate post about it. :)

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.