Speed Hacks

Crab Fear.1624

I have seen a lot of players moving a bit faster than normal without buffs. If I have superspeed, a necro outruns me. If I use shadowstep and shortbow 5, 5, 5 (with swiftness)... a guardian hawks me down.Some players without signets or buffs (non-wars or rangers) seems to be moving faster than 25% speed buff.

Its not always a max out warp around the map buff, just nough so you cant keep up with them.

Am I crazy, or is this a thing?

It's a common hack program. They can turn their speed up by like 10% or 300%. The smart ones don't jack it up to 300%, they just do a slight increase so you won't notice, say like 40% or 50%. They also have it set to a hotkey so it isn't always on, it just turns on when they want it on. Lots of stealth heavy classes abuse this. They go stealth for 6s or something and turn on the speedhack while you can't see the desynching movement.

You can tell it's speedhack when the character glitches around a bit and seems to be "lagging" but I assure you it is not lag if a person is still able to crisply enter attack commands, fight you and defend against you with precision. When a person is actually lagging hard enough to cause desynched movement, they click skills and they don't work. In other words, if a person is actually lagging, they are easy to kill.

• 1 year later...

without buffs but in combat and still faster than you moving forward with said buffs or with leaps n whatnot could b spammin leaps tooin stealth its probably just shadowsteps n blinksbut if they have swiftness and you just didnt notice it, speed runes exist to allow them to b fastif they're really just walking across half the map with no skills or buffs in two miliseconds then yeah report asap

It's rare atm. Although im not in pvp anymore i did see them in WvW. Me having swiftness up or even superspeed while the guy having no swift or superspeed yet being able to out run me. The smart ones only increase their speed by a small percentage so theyre just a tiny bit faster than you are and it's not that obvious but does make you wonder after the fight.

It's not a speed hack unless they're glitching around on the screen, sort of like that candy girl racer from Wreck It Ralph.

Most of the people dropping comments in here are probably just seeing the use of Rune of Speed, which greatly increases movement speed while IN COMBAT. Mind you it functions no different than normal Swiftness while OUT OF COMBAT.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Mercy